Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank Governor: We seek to achieve a balance between the sale of the dollar and keep it

yota691

8 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Am I correct in thinking the banks are closed in Iraq today?  I seem to remember reading that.

If so, maybe they will RV when they open tomorrow.

Hi Floridian and The Top Of The Morning To You!

The work week in Iraq is our Sunday through Thursday. There was a CBI auction today for tomorrow.

July 16, 2017

Foreign Currency Selling Window for 17-7-2017 that performed on 16-7-2017 

Announcement No.(3483)

Central Bank of Iraq's foreign currency selling and buying window opened its daily window on 17/7/2017 that performed on 16/7/2017 and the results were  as follows

Details Notes
Number of banks 40
Number of remittance companies 10
Amount sold at auction price (US$) 159,019,911
Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----
Total offers for buying (US$) 159,019,911
Total offers for selling (US$) -----

• Upvote 4

If you put one pound on one side of a scale and one pound on the other, what do you get?

Ali said the Keywords, the 'Bank seeks to achieve a balance between the sale of the dollar and keep it', 

i take this as one to one. I hope. 

Thanks all!!

• Upvote 9

Here's a reminder that I think needs to be in this thread also.  :)

Activation of Master Card service

Activation of Master Card service is started in our branches in and outside Iraq.

The Bank’s media office said in a statement that the Bank has issued trail Master Cards to its customers, where the card holder may withdraw its money from its account in any country or city without the need to carry cash, indicating that this step is similar to the developed countries which relies on it basically to promote their daily business.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, outlawclg said:

No way the CBI is saying we are going to raise the exchange rate....  They can't telegraph it, unless it is SOON. 

I hope it is, but my aribish is still poor.

There is no way they should be telegraphing it, but after 14 years who is lessening.  :lol: 

• Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, Jaygo said:

Yep!

1 to 1 has always been my stance. Like Randy has stated and I have said a million time. Why would you give up one USD and get .04 back. People are not going to give up the USD until it has parity.   Go 1 USD to 1.20 Dinar. Take the .20 spread and make it 1 to 1.  Everyone wins.  

• Upvote 12

1 minute ago, Wiljor said:

Good morning DV, lots of interesting articles  after the official word from Abadi  of the liberation of Mosul. Perhaps one day :soon: we will wake up and a rate change will be there. 

Morning Wiljor,doing my part to push this along. Down side is I do not care much weight . :lol:

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Morning Wiljor,doing my part to push this along. Down side is I do not care much weight . :lol:

A super day up to you Chuck, no worries amigo, things are moving along nicely and a solid foundation is in place. Lots of clean up in Mosul though and many displaced people but I do like what I. Seeing. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DinarThug said:

which makes the central bank's policy to two options either to respond to the dollar to eliminate the margins and this will be at the expense of reducing the reserves of foreign currency or sell the sale and accept the margin of exchange rate rise

This sounds like choosing between a hard peg (reducing reserves) and a float (accept the margin of exchange rate rise).

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, outlawclg said:

Haha.  You are probably right.  Expect the unexpected from Iraq!

It is really hard to take these guys seriously.  Soon, in the Comming Days, news of how they single handle destroyed ISIS. Nothing happens and they forgot about the 20 or so countries who help out. You are right, expect the unexpected from Iraq, because there is no telling what the heck is going on.  :lol:

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

A super day up to you Chuck, no worries amigo, things are moving along nicely and a solid foundation is in place. Lots of clean up in Mosul though and many displaced people but I do like what I. Seeing. 

Have to agree, seems like we have moved on and started focusing on rebuilding which has force them to start dealing with issues.  

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, fnbplanet said:

This sounds like choosing between a hard peg (reducing reserves) and a float (accept the margin of exchange rate rise).

Exactly! That's what I see also. O boy, I will gladly take either one at this point...just do SOMETHING.

Edited by Gypsygirl11
  • Upvote 6