Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD withdrawn banknotes

edithjimmy

Just a question!  I was looking on the CBI web sight and was looking under the currencies and the notes taken out of circulation .    At the bottom could someone tell me please that the 25,0000 have not been taken out of circulation or just updated in 2015.   Please put me out of my misery and say it's not  so.

thank you so very much.  ET

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/Withdrawn Banknotes-en.doc

• Upvote 1

Here is a link to the notes currently in circulation in Iraq:

https://cbi.iq/page/32

The withdrawn banknotes were the ones printed during the Saddam Hussein era. I didn't see the 25,000 denomination notes in the Saddam Hussein era notes. If you hold any Iraqi Dinar with Saddam Hussein's picture on it or the few others shown that do not have his picture, I don't think it will have any value as currency now since the window to exchange those notes for the current notes has passed long ago. There may be some value at some point for these notes as a collector's item but that is likely not known at this time.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

I went back and could not open the link .  Here it is.   

introduction

Counterfeit and Forgery Banknotes

Replacement Criteria for the Damaged and Defective Banknotes

Selling Prices list of Banknotes & Coins for Collectors

Vatika

Withdrawn Banknotes from Circulation

Circulated Banknotes: In 2013 the Central Bank of Iraq has upgraded the circulated banknotes the series of 2003 which included graphic design and technical characters apart from the denomination of (50) dinar which has been withdrawn from circulation since 1st May 2015.The two series will remain legal tender alongside in circulation until the old are naturally worn out. In December 2015 Central Bank of Iraq has put into circulation the new issuance of 50000 dinar to accomplish the series of 2013.

Obverse Notes of 2003 Obverse Modernized Notes of 2013 Reverse for Both Series

Issue of 2015  

Obverse Reverse

Edited by edithjimmy
Picture did not show.
  • Upvote 1

The "Withdrawn Banknotes from Circulation" is a hyperlink to the page noting the notes taken out of circulation. The text directly below the hyperlink says, "Circulated Banknotes" and are the notes currently in circulation in Iraq. The "Withdrawn Banknotes from Circulation" and "Circulated Banknotes" are two separate categories entirely. The Saddam Hussein era Dinar notes had a maximum denomination of 10,000. If you hold the 25,000 Iraqi Dinar notes, they are very likely depicted in the "Circulated Banknotes" table.

• Upvote 3