Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

But don't want t change

Heavyduty053

"But i don't want to change," Deborah repeated for what must have been the fifteenth that afternoon or it seemed anyway. Deborah had lived the life of a pauper. The open sky had been her shelter; the generosity of passerby's provided enough change to buy food...well most of the time. Now her father stood before her once more, offering her what he had offered her many times in the past, to come home and live with him.

"But Deborah, why would you insist on clinging to your pauper ways when i offer you a way of escape. Deborah could hear the pain in her father's voice like, "How did i fell you". Nevertheless, she stubbornly shook her head and replied, "Father i don't want to change".  I like things the way they are, i support myself, i owe no one and depend on no one. I don't have the luxuries and i barely survive sometimes but it's ok. But just last week you complained about how you went to sleep hungry sometimes and how miserable life is when it rains all day, and how you get bored with nothing to do some days but walk, walk, walk. Deborah was silent for a moment as she contemplated these points. It was true and she couldn't deny it. Life can get pretty miserable out here on the streets. But give up the life she'd  known for some time it not in the question. Remember father last year i came home with you and tried to fit back in and it just didn't work. I guess i am just a loner. I know you are heartbroken than your child chooses this instead of normal life, but i had rather go on complaining, even while ignoring the solution that could bring them to an end.

I can't change father, i guess i am to set in my ways, maybe one day i'll change but not now. Oh, but you could, I would help you with what ever you needed. We could have so much fun together. Deborah's father reached out his hand to her and offered her an olive branch.

Deborah no i can't dad not right now, maybe one day. You can't or you won't. The question from her father was made in a shaky tearful voice once again barely above a whisper. Deborah made no reply but you could see the tears well up and run down her cheek. She simply turned away and walked down the street to continue her self imposed miserable life. As she walked away, she said, "Maybe one day dad, maybe one day  will" knowing he wll be back again and again.

Deborah's father forced back the tears as he watched his only daughter walk away again. But he would be back offering her the gift of his love until she gives in and comes home.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Sn, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but live with him forever.

This story touched my heart because there are so many out on the streets in a nation such as this that has so much to share and somehow people doesn't think it is important to offer an branch t those less fortunate than ourselves.

• Upvote 4