Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New CBI Announcement 07/09/2017

yota691

Synopsis- Thank you for taking the time to think through and post your complex analysis of the aforementioned. It's a very strong possibility you are correct - and hopefully only a matter of short time before its determined you are correct.

Boozer - I agree with your comment.  I recall a few events that took place at the beginning of this year, and then again only a couple of weeks ago. The timing of them seemed to correlate with possible 'RV Windows.' Specifically, I believe that the stock exchange was closed for a few days around the New Year, and yet again between June 26th- 30th. Regardless of any retrospective correlation, I suspect that we truly are close this time around. From my own perspective, things 'feel' different, which is a lot different from  'hope', 'want', or 'need.'.

When emotion is disregarded,  the objective analysis is quite positive, and the facts that are unfolding can not be overlooked. There was an article posted within the last 48 hours that had a comment about coins being released. That's about as good as it gets when combined with the other late developments. Go RV!!!

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, yota691 said:

appropriate conditions, including the general stability in the country.'

Timing IS everything, and it should be noted that we're seeing this AGAIN in conjunction with Abadi's announcement of the release of Mosul from ISIS.

I must admit that like so many others here I've found it quite difficult to stay motivated about this investment. Especially since I am still pouring moneys into post RV plans. But this news is exceptionally good to see. Because as most old timers know,"STABILITY", was also something that the former CBI director stated was needed. 

• Upvote 7

10-07-2017 11:25 AM
image.php?token=3ff8242a397bdc9998a785c97bcbde94&size=

Publication of the Central Bank of Iraq, on Monday, a table gold bullion prices for the current week and lowers their prices, except in the table of gold coins. 

And the table that the price of the alloy carat 5 g reached 243 thousand dinars , down five thousand dinars, while the price of bullion reached caliber 10 g 478 thousand dinars , down ten thousand dinars, indicating that the alloy carat price of 15 g reached 719 thousand dinars , and a decline of 15 thousand dinars . 

Table explained that the alloy 25 g price amounted to 1.217 million dinars , down 26 thousand dinars, while the price of alloy 50 g reached 2.489 million dinars , down 51 thousand dinars. 

The following table bullion prices for the current week:

image.php?token=1f228e15493ec2c427c28ed8

• Upvote 2

NB-209377-636352702464008563

The central bank lowers gold bullion prices

07/10/2017

(Independent) .... Publication of the Central Bank of Iraq, on Monday, a table gold bullion prices for the current week and lowers their prices, except in the table of gold coins.

And the table that the price of the alloy carat 5 g reached 243 thousand dinars, down five thousand dinars, while the price of bullion reached caliber 10 g 478 thousand dinars, down ten thousand dinars, indicating that the alloy carat price of 15 g reached 719 thousand dinars, and a decline of 15 thousand dinars .

Table explained that the alloy 25 g price amounted to 1.217 million dinars, down 26 thousand dinars, while the price of alloy 50 g reached 2.489 million dinars, down 51 thousand dinars.

• Upvote 3

The below excerpt is from an article posted by Butifldrm, on another thread.  I would like opinions on whether or not this will affect the RV.  Thanks to all who reply.

"But the end of the Islamic State’s hold on Mosul does not mean peace is at hand. Other cities and towns in Iraq remain under the militants’ control, and Iraqis expect an increase in terrorist attacks in urban centers, especially in the capital, Baghdad, as the group reverts to its insurgent roots."

Edited by Floridian
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, yota691 said:

It been published actually started  in Nov 2016....and then implementation process follow after...02/2017 to today date...DV Link

Keywords: central bank will begin to apply international standards beginning this December (Details)

30-11-2016 12:42 PM
Hits: 227
image.php?token=51a4a707706f7091712fe0ceb9025b90&size=

East News -

The governor of the Central Bank and the Agency on the Keywords, said on Wednesday that the agreement signed by the United States aims to cut off funding for the organization (Daesh) and other terrorist organizations and prevent money laundering ', and pointed out that the bank will start applying the certified standards internationally in this regard the beginning of December next, with the exception that the process of removing zeros from the local process requires the availability of appropriate conditions, including the general stability in the country, he pointed out that the bank continues to technical preparations in this regard.

Keywords and said in a press statement, that 'the first agreement of its kind between the Federal Reserve Bank and the US Treasury on the one hand and the Central Bank of Iraq, on the other hand, entered into to control the dollar remittances and ensure the prevention of access to illicit destinations', indicating that the' agreement includes cooperation and coordination and the exchange of information and financial data relating to the sale of foreign currency and circulation. "

He Keywords that 'The agreement aims to prevent the arrival of the foreign currency to Daesh and terrorist organizations, by ensuring and verifying that the financial and banking institutions that you purchase does not involve money laundering or terrorist financing operations', adding that' control mechanisms include several measures the most important , building databases and integrated electronic system that collects dollar selling window operations rather than paper processes'.

He said the central bank governor and the agency, that 'mechanisms also include the introduction of a program (OFAC List) to verify that the persons and entities prohibited to deal with them globally and to ensure that their entry into dollar selling window, where already been implemented', pointing out that 'mechanisms also include work on the application standards and international compliance requirements, particularly in the application of the principle of know your customer to verify the sources of funds and legitimacy, where he was informed banks and the conversion of these requirements, where censorship is taking place and oversee the implementation and training and qualification of cadres working '.

He Keywords that 'the bank provided financial Labour Organization (FATF) action taken to combat money laundering and terrorist financing', stressing that 'the actions taken by the Central Bank of Iraq, which led to eject Iraq from Category gray of the organization'.

Keywords and pointed out that 'the bank enter the accredited international standards by an international auditing firm for the classification of financial and banking institutions, including ensure compliance with the requirements of the compliance of the law against money laundering and terrorist financing for the year 2015, where it will be applied to the beginning of December next.'

And on the application of the process of deleting the zeros of the Iraqi currency, confirmed the Keywords, that 'the CBI did not specify a date for the deletion of zeros from the currency dinar', noting that 'subject to availability of appropriate conditions, including the general stability in the country.'

He stressed the central bank governor and the agency, the need to 'ensure the success of the process of deleting the zeros requirements before starting out, so the central bank will continue technical preparations in order to be practical fit when deciding deletion'.

Looks like " next year " ????

9 minutes ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

I have something to add........IMPLEMENT, IRAQ, DELETE those zeros, do something positive and prosperous!

Baby steps there Gypsygirl11.. It takes a huge amount of effort for them to be positive and proactive in Iraq.. But if they were they certainly would be prosperous ..

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Baby steps there Gypsygirl11.. It takes a huge amount of effort for them to be positive and proactive in Iraq.. But if they were they certainly would be prosperous ..

I'm out of pluses so my reply to that is...baby steps are for babies, they are adults....DO SOMETHING IRAQ! It just seems like never ending drama over there and all talk but no action with this deletion subject.

Forgive me, its the monthly cycle talking. Sigh

Edited by Gypsygirl11
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

I'm out of pluses so my reply to that is...baby steps are for babies, they are adults....DO SOMETHING IRAQ! It just seems like never ending drama over there and all talk but  no action.

Forgive me, its the monthly cycle talking.SighISigh

I will second that..But someone needs to tell them they are big boys now ...lol

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Boozer said:

Was this not to take place last jan. But Isis put a hold on the removal of the 3,0s. Now that Isis is done. Maybe the UN will come thru, and we will see this happen

That is what I remember. It was all about ISIS and security. I think we have addressed this issue. Need to finish the process. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

I'm out of pluses so my reply to that is...baby steps are for babies, they are adults....DO SOMETHING IRAQ! It just seems like never ending drama over there and all talk but no action with this deletion subject.

I know the feeling. Patience is key in this investment. 

Keep in mind the country JUST declared a major victory in an ongoing war against terrorism with deep roots in their own soil. I'm sure Mosul isn't the end of it. There are a lot of pieces that need to fall into place before they can return to their former glory. A lot of their museums and monuments were destroyed. A huge portion of Mosul is in shambles, and I'm sure it's not the only city that needs to be sorted out and rebuilt. 

Iraq has a lot of great things going for it, and with Mosul reclaimed, it has taken a huge leap in the right direction. There are a lot of positives going for them, but when the city looks like this, it's hard to believe that they are going to be ready to RV straight out of the gate.

10MOSUL1-superJumbo.jpg

Mosul’s old city on Sunday. Iraqi forces have been battling for months to wrest control of the city from ISIS militants. CreditAhmad Al-Rubaye/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

10MOSUL2-superJumbo.jpg

An Iraqi forces sniper looks out Sunday after an airstrike by U.S.-led international coalition forces targeting the Islamic State, in the Old City of Mosul. CreditAhmad Al-Rubaye/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

10MOSUL3-superJumbo.jpg

Members of Iraqi Federal Police on Sunday carried suicide belts used by Islamic State militants in the Old City of Mosul. CreditAlaa Al-Marjani/Reuters

10MOSUL4-superJumbo.jpg

Members of the Emergency Response Division rested on Sunday in the Old City of Mosul.CreditAlaa Al-Marjani/Reuters

Photo

10MOSUL5-superJumbo.jpg

An Iraqi woman, who fled the fighting between government forces and Islamic State jihadists in the Old City of Mosul, waited on Saturday to be relocated. CreditFadel Senna/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

That doesn't look like a safe, prosperous city to me. They have a long way to go--and only by having a plan in place that the people and allied countries have confidence in to rebuild profitably will result in us seeing a profit from our investment.

I believe it will happen--but again, it requires that we all just be patient.

Personally, I feel horrible for the people who lost their lives and were displaced from their homes. I hope that confidence in their currency rises for their sake so they can rebuild and have safe homes. Seeing what the war has done to their country and reading about the poor kids with waking nightmares and displaced from their homes bothers me a heck of a lot more than having to wait a little bit longer to be able to cash in myself.

It's entirely possible we'll see it happen fast--Mosul may have been the biggest hurdle they had to deal with--but I suspect that there may be at least a few other things that need to be done before we see a change. The Iraqi banks probably need to finish anti-money laundering/terrorist funding training for their personnel and putting the updated EFT standards into place, and there may be other ISIS holdouts that were not as strategically important as Mosul but still need to be rooted out. The war is winding down with Iraq on the winning side, but it's not over yet. 

No expert here, just my :twocents:.

• Upvote 1

Yes, the country is a shambles and its mind-boggling the amount of rebuilding that needs to take place. What better way to get help from other countries then to make the currency worth doing business with? 

I know they are a mess, what else is new?

You forgot to mention all the laws that still need passing, i.e. HCL. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

Got you covered 

• Upvote 3