Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Walking Home

Heavyduty053

Years ago now the home I grew up in as a boy had a river running along one side of it and a set f railroad tracks running along the other. Being just a short distance away from the tracks sometimes scared my mom. Our home consisted of two, old shanty cars painted green and several rooms my dad built on over time.

She knew that it would be crushed if any one of those 20 feet tall, railroad cars loaded with coal were to tip over on it. I never shared her fear, at my age fear was something for grownups, besides I didn't know what it meant. A young boy is to busy playing and letting his imagination run crazy. Yes, I watched those cars sway as the trains went down the track but to me they were just dancing. In my mind the trains and the tracks were an endless adventure and home was a place of love, joy and safety that  always could return to.

The men driving the trains hardly ever blew their horns by our house cause there was no roads crossing and guess they respected peace and quiet to. There was no other kids right by our house so my days were filled with what ever I could come up with. In fact I would often spend art of my summer mornings walking down the tracks and back home again. it was a challenge that I set for myself to see how long I could walk on one of the narrow steel beams without loosing my balance, if I lost my balance I would have to start over counting my steps, that would the challenge. It took me a while to discover the trick was to never look down at my feet. Look straight ahead and focus on something. I would walk for hundreds of feet with my thoughts of my Mom's tender smile, my grandma's big hugs, my dad warm smile after a hard day in the Coal mine, a loving greeting from my dog who would walk the tracks beside me. They always kept my heart and feet going right where they needed to go.

Our lives here on earth can also be as tricky as walking on the narrow steel railroad track beam at times. You may even feel in moments like a huge railroad car loaded with coal is about to fall on you. Don't give up and don't give in. God made us all with a built in mentality to look, think, and do what is good, what is right for whatever the situation is. This place called earth is not your home, it is only a place to live as we are passing thru our lives. It is also a place where God watches, God gives, God takes away and God blesses when it is deserved. It is also a place where he will decide before you name is called whether you have met what he designed you for. Yes all of us have a purpose, his purpose and we are supposed to find it and live it. Your home will be where he decides at the end of your life which place you have earned. God doesn't ask much of us and what he asked is simple, and easy.

As much as we think we may know about love and goodness in this lifetime, our eternal home still awaits us. Be humble and kind and seek God's direction. Yes sometimes it will be like walking a narrow track beam but holding God's hand will help you through it. Your life will be happier, and healthier. Its always more peaceful to walk with a smile than with a frown.     Have a blessed 4th of July      Heavyduty053

• Upvote 8