Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Conclusion of a week victory ceremony lit up the skies of Baghdad

LINK

Abadi: surprised some sadness and wailing at the height of the joy of Iraqi victories

7/12/2017 7:52:34 AM  

Park Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi, Wednesday, for all Iraqis , the great victory achieved in Mosul , the sacrifices of the martyrs and the wounded and their families .

The Abadi said in a speech opening the Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, according to a statement by his press office, said , "Our heroes are human rights defenders and sacrifice themselves for human civilians and save liberation, and the government supportive of the efforts to defend human rights and be held accountable for any violation, and humanitarian organizations that confirm and verify the sources and rejoicing see the people of Mosul and welcomed the Iraqi forces liberated, "surprising" sadness and some wailing at the height of the joy of the Iraqi people , this victory " .

Abadi asked , "Where was the role of the organizations when they were the sons of Mosul Daesh kill and destroy everything? ". He stressed that "not to allow the return of sectarian and inflammatory rhetoric, calling the speech Aldaasha", calling on the world to "zero tolerance with terrorists." " We must not escape any terrorist punishment and will not issue an amnesty for terrorist killers" .

" The direction of future government should focus on the economic side, development, and education , which is the basis for the rise of the state and society, and the need to fight corruption , which has hurt the state and society, and to activate the law" .

Abadi and alive, according to the statement, all supporting the battle and all efforts to put the right word and shares its place to achieve victory

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, DinarThug said:

7-11-2017   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   ...I think there are two possible scenarios...

1. is they float it internally like they did back in 2004 and raise the value deleting the zeros.

Or 2. wait and move to Article VIII and let investment and market forces take over.   

I am not so quick to say; "This event isn't going to happen any time soon" when the CBI stated just last year they plan to begin the process early 2017.

Even with delays, that is a pretty absolute statement.

Unbelievable!  Kaperoni is wavering on his absolutely, positively, no other way "float" theory.  What happened to his Balassa-Samuelson effect (float the dinar from where it is now, as investment comes into Iraq) which he insisted the IMF said would happen?  Now, I see one of his "possibilities" is that Iraq deletes the zeros which raises the price of the dinar, AND THEN float.   

I don't mind a person changing their mind about the dinar because I've changed my mind a thousand times over the years.  It does bother me, however, when someone insists that he is right and everyone else is wrong, fights them tooth and nail waiving the IMF documents in their faces, and now after so many years says - Ya know, maybe there are 2 possibilities, but I'm not going to admit that I could have been wrong before. 

Or, maybe I just got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.   Sometimes, these things just get to me.  :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7-12-2017   Newshound Guru mike    ...anything is possible and I'm just speculating...

But, the IMF has told them at every Article IV consultation to stay pegged, close the spread and remove exchange restrictions. 

That seems like a tall order to accomplish before the end of the year. So far, they've haven't gotten it done. 

All we need is the political will to make the change to an open market economy and then things could really pick up.

• Upvote 1

http://aynaliraqnews.com/index.....;id22=7882  VIDEO ON THE LINK

Video .. US vision for Iraq after Daesh

irq_566001351_1499851477.jpg&max_width=300 

12th July, 2017  12:24

Senior researcher revealed at the National Democratic Institute in Washington, Abdul Rahman al-Jubouri, in a televised interview on Al Hurra Iraq and quoted him "Eye of Iraq News" a section in detail shows its forecast for Iraq after Daesh, saying that "the western region is the place will be built by Iraq again, "he said, adding that" the United States and the United Nations are building this region will assume a civilian, politically and militarily. "

He said the western region, a start from Fallujah to Mosul, meaning the smallest areas located west of Syria and related geographically with it, "it will be a stand-alone area and built the Gulf and management of an American and a generation of new leaders of this region with money and this region accounts for twenty years to come," he said. "Tal Afar is considered is the gateway to Syria and the Mediterranean Sea. "

He said al-Jubouri, said that "the importance of this region that the presence of US forces largely Ea, not numbers and the decision is a political decision and a military decision and there are four will be to five bases in Iraq and the base is now under way in which Syria to reconcile between Sunni Arabs in Mosul and Kurdistan, and this will be the US administration and be the role of the Kurds. "

He stressed that "Everyone does not want to become Iran's direct corridor of the Mediterranean Sea and this is the essence of the problem, and here begins the

importance of the region."

• Upvote 2

http://www.alliraqnews.com/mod.....ryid=63774

A top US general: Do not cut our troops in Iraq after the restoration of Mosul

2017/7/11 21:54

Said the top US military commander in Iraq , Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend, said Tuesday he did not expect any major change in the level of US forces in Iraq after the restoration of Mosul from the grip Daesh.

##########################

LINK

International Alliance: We will not withdraw from Iraq and will not reduce the number of our soldiers

9630.jpg?watermark=4 

12th July, 2017

Announced the commander of the coalition forces, US General Stephen Townsend, said Wednesday that his country will not reduce the number of troops in Iraq after the defeat of the "Daesh".

He Taosnd in connection via teleconference from Baghdad with the international coalition meeting against "Daesh", which was held in Washington on Tuesday that "coalition forces will continue its presence in Iraq after the defeat of the stage Daesh."

He predicted that "the organization remained Daesh has nearly 200 members," pointing out that they "offered the meeting for the surrender of the Iraqi army."

US general was likely that "the city of Mosul in northern Iraq cleansing completely needs weeks."

He continued: "I know that some of Daesh fighters Tsomoa noon today to surrender, Iraqi leaders have asked them to surrender unconditionally."

He completed that fulfilled "There are places to be cleared in the province of Nineveh, such as Tall Afar, west of Anbar and should be cleansing."

He explained that "the battle needs a long time, so I do not expect that there will be a remarkable change in the number of our soldiers in a short time, because there is a lot of hard work to be done by the coalition and the Iraqis."

And on the post "Daesh", he noted that "the US and Iraqi governments are interested in keeping the US and coalition forces in it

• Upvote 4

LINK

Activation of the single window to support investment in the provinces

6-1-600x330.jpg 

11th July, 2017

Committee announced that the parliamentary economy and investment, activating the single window to support investment in the provincial service, pointing out that the current laws hinder the investment process in the country.

A member of the committee MP Harith al-Harthy told the «Journal News» on Tuesday that "private investment laws are ready for implementation after the deliberations and discussions within the parliamentary committees in order to reach a final legal formulas to create local and foreign funds an attractive investment environment."

He added that "there are many obstacles standing obstacle to investment in Iraq, as well as the reluctance of the National Investment Authority in Baghdad Provincial Council, through the red tape in the application of laws and the expulsion of the investor, whether local or foreign."

"The principle of a single window has been activated in all governorates to facilitate the granting of investment licenses for the owners of capital from Ajal set up investment projects in various sectors of the economy measures."

He noted that "there are powers will be given to ministries to facilitate the order Mai_khas Shan investor whether Mai_khas investment licenses and the granting of land plots in accordance with the amended Alastosma law.

• Upvote 4

LINK

To revive the national economy .. investments begin its doors in the liberated areas

Image result for ‫مشاريع استثمارية في العراق‬‎ 

11th July, 2017

Said a member of the Nineveh provincial council Khaddadh Hamo told the «Journal News» that "Mosul today opens its arms to local and foreign investment in all sectors , whether industrial or agricultural sector or the tourism sector because it is characterized by a climate tourist moderate as well as scenic as open the door to various investment companies and whether local or foreign. "

He added that "the provincial council does not interfere in the issue of operations and oil fields because of the jurisdiction of the federal government in Baghdad and specifically from the oil ministry, noting that the provincial council and several months ago opened a refinery in Mosul in Lasky Kalak area, indicating that the arable land farm as wheat and barley production, which is characterized by Mosul, in the process of re-reclamation after what took place Daesh and military operations which have caused damage to those lands. "

He continued fierce "There are proposals for the provincial council that Mosul offered to open investment for all foreign countries to enter the door of investment in the re-opening of laboratories and factories and rehabilitation, noting that the Council and through the Investment Authority in the province has prepared an investment map allow local and foreign investment because we are suffering vulnerable and the lack of liquidity in the material, "adding that" the task of the investment authority in the province is to provide all the investment requirements of vacations and the environment are safe to re-energize the economy and the recycling of money and feed Iraq. "

For his part, said economic expert Dr. Majid picture in a statement «News Journal» The "investment in the oil field and in a correct strategy of Kirkuk and northern Iraq fields and other help to maximize other economic resources also helps to invest in the agricultural and industrial sector and the tourism sector process."

He added that "investment plans in Mosul and the rest of the liberated provinces should be set clear and strong strategy to restore economic recovery in the region has a global campaign to provide plans and visions of all countries , without exception , to invest in Mosul and other provinces devastated by war with Daesh started because it owns a fertile ground for investment all levels. " 

He said the picture "almost most of the countries made a number of financial grants and loans to re - open laboratories and factories unemployed, and reclamation of agricultural land and open the doors to tourism companies, pointing out that there is a big campaign waged against any economic development in any region of Iraq , whether in Mosul or in other provinces because of the beneficiaries of the sabotage of the personal interests of the national economy policy, noting that the start of reconstruction campaign in Mosul and the liberated areas begin to fight and eradicate corruption and coterie. "

In turn, an expert on economic affairs Ghazi said in an exclusive interview with the «Journal News»: With the adoption of the budget for the current year is heading the state to increase taxes and fees of various kinds and these affect the citizen primarily caused the deficit and this Ayad solution, but many economic damaging, noting that taxation does not achieve the revenue required and then do not fill even part of the deficit, and must activate other sectors of industrial sectors such as the agricultural sector, in addition to the tourism sector, especially religious tourism and the presence of infrastructure of restaurants and hotels, and this does not prevent an investment part of the bank's loans father Lee in investment projects and not just fill salaries.

He Kanani, that the operation of factories productivity in Mosul and the various sectors is by investing part of the loans that have been taken from the International Monetary Fund do not even fall within the so-called financial Bagr through the payment of salaries and even benefit the citizen so the continuation of taxes and fees is wrong since 2004 rang the alarm should not rely on the rentier economy, but his decision did not take any of these reformist visions.

He called MP Hassan Khalati resources to economic development of the country to get rid of oil-based mainly one-sided economy.

He Khalati told a news interview that " the economic situation in Iraq is going through two cases Mtwaznetan dramatically affect the economy , including the collapse of oil prices and the control of gangs Daesh on the number of Iraqi provinces." Explaining that " the situation if it continues on this basis , and the survival of prices in this way we will get to the physical collapse of the state point." 

He drew attention to that "before this time there must be a solid economic construction and investment depends on private sector development and the formation of development zones and rely on other sources."

He noted that "the major tasks of the successful state is to secure food and security for citizens, and we need a revolution to encourage the agricultural sector, which reached the level below the minimum.

• Upvote 6

http://economy-news.net/conten.....hp?id=8207

General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers reveals coordination with international organizations to support reconstruction projects liberated areas

934.jpg 

11th July, 2017

Secretary General of the Council of Ministers, Mahdi Keywords, announced Wednesday that there is coordination between the Iraqi government and international organizations to support the reconstruction of areas liberated by Iraqi forces projects. 

Keywords and said, in the celebration of "victory and the liberation of Mosul," set up by the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers and vassal "Economy News", "there is coordination with international organizations, to support stability and reconstruction in the liberated areas of projects," adding that "the Iraqi reconstruction funds will be through grants and the allocation of government ".

The Secretary-General of the Council of Ministers Mahdi Keywords, announced Wednesday, July 5, 2017, the next week will hold an important conference in Washington for the

reconstruction of the liberated areas of Daesh, indicating that the cost estimated by the Ministry of Planning for the reconstruction of $ 50 billion

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Floridian said:

Unbelievable!  Kaperoni is wavering on his absolutely, positively, no other way "float" theory.

Guru Kap....moon walking it back a bit !! :lol:

MbMN9mBQWuxHqyjWxdEw_Moonwalk%20Girl%20Fail.gif

• Upvote 1

Just now, King Bean said:

Guru Kap....moon walking it back a bit !! :lol:

MbMN9mBQWuxHqyjWxdEw_Moonwalk%20Girl%20Fail.gif

And Still Dressed As Katie ...

But The Lap Dance 'Float' Still Needs More Work ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Upvote 2

On 7/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, pokerplayer said:

We need a BS banner to post for that statement.

pp

NO.... please do not misunderstand me my dear friend.... I did not say it...I was quoting from the above. I would never undermine ANY of our OR our Canadian troops EVER I promise PP

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

http://www.alliraqnews.com/mod.....ryid=63774

2017/7/11 21:54

Said the top US military commander in Iraq , Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend, said Tuesday he did not expect any major change in the level of US forces in Iraq after the restoration of Mosul from the grip Daesh.

##########################

LINK

International Alliance: We will not withdraw from Iraq and will not reduce the number of our soldiers

9630.jpg?watermark=4 

12th July, 2017

Announced the commander of the coalition forces, US General Stephen Townsend, said Wednesday that his country will not reduce the number of troops in Iraq after the defeat of the "Daesh".

He Taosnd in connection via teleconference from Baghdad with the international coalition meeting against "Daesh", which was held in Washington on Tuesday that "coalition forces will continue its presence in Iraq after the defeat of the stage Daesh."

He predicted that "the organization remained Daesh has nearly 200 members," pointing out that they "offered the meeting for the surrender of the Iraqi army."

US general was likely that "the city of Mosul in northern Iraq cleansing completely needs weeks."

He continued: "I know that some of Daesh fighters Tsomoa noon today to surrender, Iraqi leaders have asked them to surrender unconditionally."

He completed that fulfilled "There are places to be cleared in the province of Nineveh, such as Tall Afar, west of Anbar and should be cleansing."

He explained that "the battle needs a long time, so I do not expect that there will be a remarkable change in the number of our soldiers in a short time, because there is a lot of hard work to be done by the coalition and the Iraqis."

And on the post "Daesh", he noted that "the US and Iraqi governments are interested in keeping the US and coalition forces in it

I agree...we must learn from history and not make this mistake again...I hope Trump reminded Abadi of this

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

NO.... please do not misunderstand me my dear friend.... I did not say it...I was quoting from the above. I would never undermine ANY of our OR our Canadian troops EVER I promise PP

Misunderstanding SG. I did not mean for you the flag, I meant for the auther of that statement. You and me, were good !!  :)

pp

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

I agree...we must learn from history and not make this mistake again...I hope Trump reminded Abadi of this

5 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Misunderstanding SG. I did not mean for you the flag, I meant for the auther of that statement. You and me, were good !!  :)

Well I'm Glad That U Two Ladies Are On The Same Page - Although, Not That We Wouldn't Mind Seeing A Good Cat Fight ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DinarThug said:

More celebration footage from Baghdad Iraq.

July 11, 2017

When the DAY comes that we see an RV, we ought to show 'em what REAL FREAKING party looks like - - Post the video onto Iraqi websites. BA-WOOSH IRAQ ! 

• Upvote 2

Larijani goes delirious: Iran liberated Mosul

July 13 2017 08:55 PM
7201713205523673211578.jpg
Ali Larijani

Iran's Parliament Speaker has claimed his country's support was essential to fully liberate Mosul from ISIS. 

In statements carried by Tasnim news agency, Ali Larijani said "Without our support since the start of ISIS existence, Mosul would have not been liberated".

"Other countries kept paying lip service and formed coalitions, but Iran and Quds Force gave real deeds to support Iraqi and Syrian peoples," he added.

Larijani added that his country's intervention in Iraq and Syria would remain etched in the memory of the history.  

Iran has been repeatedly accused of intervening in the internal affairs of Arab neighbors, particularly Iraq and Syria.  

In late June, Larijani claimed his country had led the fight against terrorism in the Middle East.

"Had we not assisted them, Baghdad would have been occupied by ISIS. It is with the help of Iran that ISIS, is on its last breath in Iraq (and Syria)," Larijani said.

The US and other regional and world powers have accused Tehran of being the world sponsor of terrorism. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/.....ated-Mosul

• Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Conclusion of a week victory ceremony lit up the skies of Baghdad