Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Friday Iraq Out Of UN CHarter C7.

Luigi1

I believe he's referring to this:

6-29-2017  Newshound Guru BGG  ...I half way didn’t expect them to do this..but folks this is real.  They are going to turn over the last bit of whatever is remaining in those funds…the food for oil program to Iraq and they are recognizing them as a country.  They are not talking about letting them out of Chapter VII and it’s not even under chapter VII.  This is Chapter VII charter.  It’s a protection program.  Looks like to me they had the meeting in 3 minutes and they put their rubber stamp on it and it’s over.   It’s not the end of the security file…it’s the end of that particular program.  There’s one more log on the fire.  

Edited by Miamiheatnic
  • Upvote 3

I picked up a couple of negs a few weeks back when I questioned Delta's proclamation that the return of the escrowed funds automatically equaled total release from Chapter 7 and catapulted into Chapter 8. Does anyone out there have any definitive knowledge of the extent of sanctions on Iraq and if there are more hurdles to be accomplished after this event?

Edited by DinarDavo
  • Upvote 8

3 hours ago, DinarDavo said:

I picked up a couple of negs a few weeks back when I questioned Delta's proclamation that the return of the escrowed funds automatically equaled total release from Chapter 7 and catapulted into Chapter 8. Does anyone out there have any definitive knowledge of the extent of sanctions on Iraq and if there are more hurdles to be accomplished after this event?

Luigi says...

If I'm not mistaking, C7 has to do with UN Oil for Food Program & the protection of Iraq assets. C7 releases UN protected assets over to Iraq giving Iraq full control of it's assets.

C8 will give full sovereignty back to Iraq.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, MisterNope said:

Iraq has ALREADY been out of Chapter 7 since 2013!!

That what that news article stated, so actually to verified as you state, that print or as Iraq states ink on paper, would originate from the United Nations press release not from Rudaw with no supporting links. (which you can find it here @ DV doing a search if needed)...and I also feel that Chapter 7 was incomplete in which at the time. The press release from the United Nations never stating "In Force"

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, MisterNope said:

Iraq has ALREADY been out of Chapter 7 since 2013!!

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

The press release from the United Nations never stating "In Force"

12 hours ago, Whatshername said:

abandon-thread-gif-cats.gif

Run For Ur 9 Lives - MrNope Just Crapped The Bed ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

• Upvote 6

Sigh... as soon as they hit a milestone, IMF & UN raise the bar... again.... 

so it seems from where we're standin', anyway... double sigh....:facepalm3::facepalm2:

We thought they'd already struck a deal with Kuwait re: reparations and had that paid off long ago..

and received their blessing from UN to move to next stage....

and here IT'S back in the news this week... :huh::mellow:  WTF...?!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

Sigh... as soon as they hit a milestone, IMF & UN raise the bar... again.... 

so it seems from where we're standin', anyway... double sigh....:facepalm3::facepalm2:

We thought they'd already struck a deal with Kuwait re: reparations and had that paid off long ago..

and received their blessing from UN to move to next stage....

and here IT'S back in the news this week... :huh::mellow:  WTF...?!

Good Morning Ladies!

I would like to get your opinion.

Here is a news article about what John Bolton apparently said to the UN:

Where as Nikki Haley is the US Representative to the UN:

https://usun.state.gov/leadership/7653

Even though John Bolton supposedly gave his rendition of the conditions in Iraq, how could he have possibly been stated as the US Ambassador to the UN? Was this a "mistake" in reporting like should have said John Bolton is a "US Adviser Consulting To The UN" instead?

I know John Bolton was an unconfirmed Bush appointee to be the US Ambassador to the UN so John Bolton did serve as the US Ambassador to the UN at one time.

Or, could there be a lot of scramblings going on behind the scene and there is a lot of distracting misinformation being published. If Iraq takes another week off to celebrate the ISIS defeat in Mosul, could this be a ruse to allow adequate time to get the necessary implements in place?

Recent reports of Iran in Iraq are painting a dismal picture for the short term (especially) and into the near term of years. I have always been looking for some really, really bad news out of Iraq and, possibly, a local and/or international news blackout before some significant things happen in Iraq - like a currency revaluation.

Also, there was supposed to be a vote this past Tuesday in the UN on Iraq and, apparently, nothing has been reported on that. Today, the DFI escrow funds are supposed to be released to Iraq.

Could you weigh in on this? I for one would really appreciate your input.

Thank You in advance.

By the way, others please chime in, too.

• Upvote 2