Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq pays 270 million dollars for compensation for the invasion of Kuwait

yota691

Just now, blueskyline said:

I will be Banging away on those keys for sure Synopsis 

Oh, Yeah, BlueSkyLine! I can hear it now!!!!!!!

Hey, sorry, I ran out of emeralds (again) today so I'll have to stop by later. In the mean time, please accept my+++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Oh, Yeah, BlueSkyLine! I can hear it now!!!!!!!

Hey, sorry, I ran out of emeralds (again) today so I'll have to stop by later. In the mean time, please accept my+++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!

Got your back brother,  one emerald posted and a few more for the other peeps :cowboy2:

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Iraq is a killer. In the coming days, soon, and weeks go bye. :lol:

YEP ! 

in a moment - a couple of minutes - an hour or two - DELAYED - by tonight -  by tomorrow morning - POSTPONED -  in a few days - THE TIME IS NOT RIGHT - in a week - in a couple weeks - CALL TO FORM A COMMITTEE - within a month - within 2 months - in the first half of the year - in the 2nd half of the year - - - WE'RE AT AN IMPASS AND CAN'T GET ANYTHING DONE SO WE'RE GONNA GO ON A FEW VACATIONS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, ACCOMPLISH NOTHING AND DRAG THIS THRU THE WEEDS FOR A FEW MORE YEARS !  ( my favorite ).

I'm sure I've forgotten a few - I forgot to bring my " Handbook of GOI Snappy Iraqi Excuses " 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

Got your back brother,  one emerald posted and a few more for the other peeps :cowboy2:

Thank You, Wiljor! I ran out of emeralds again so will stop by later when I can throw some real :cowboy2:   :cowboy2:   :cowboy2:

By the way, I cast come 440 grain Gas Check Lead Flat point for my 500 Smith and Wesson with some Lyman #2 (90% lead, 5% tin, and 5% antimony). Those babies are movin' at 1,550 feet per second (472 m/s) on the chronograph - no joke! :o 

Now, I'd like to think that is some serious lead!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

YEP ! 

in a moment - a couple of minutes - an hour or two - DELAYED - by tonight -  by tomorrow morning - POSTPONED -  in a few days - THE TIME IS NOT RIGHT - in a week - in a couple weeks - CALL TO FORM A COMMITTEE - within a month - within 2 months - in the first half of the year - in the 2nd half of the year - - - WE'RE AT AN IMPASS AND CAN'T GET ANYTHING DONE SO WE'RE GONNA GO ON A FEW VACATIONS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, ACCOMPLISH NOTHING AND DRAG THIS THRU THE WEEDS FOR A FEW MORE YEARS !  ( my favorite ).

I'm sure I've forgotten a few - I forgot to bring my " Handbook of GOI Snappy Iraqi Excuses " 

As sad as it is, I fear you are correct. People like us have been in so long and yet we are still amazed when they use an excuse that even we have never heard before.  :)

But here we are, still hanging in there .

pp

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

YEP ! 

We can know one thing.  They KNOW what investors EXPECT.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, pokerplayer said:

As sad as it is, I fear you are correct. People like us have been in so long and yet we are still amazed when they use an excuse that even we have never heard before.  :)

But here we are, still hanging in there .

pp

Hanging in there with a BIG SIIIIIGGGGGHHH :rocking-chair: How Long U been in this PP ? Me, 14 years - feels like this has become a career of sorts.

It just occurred to me [ not that one thing equates with the other ], 14 years is the same amount of time I spent Living & Working overseas. A numbers thing.

Edited by 10 YEARS LATER
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Abadi: Kuwaiti reparations decision gentile enforceable

Abadi: Kuwaiti reparations decision gentile enforceable

Hits: 331

Abadi: Kuwaiti reparations decision gentile enforceable

28-06-2017 02:53 PM

Euphrates -

Confirmed Prime Minister Haider Abadi , Iraq 's obligation to pay Kuwait compensation only $ 4.6 billion was left as a decision internationalist duty implementation, he said. 

Ebadi said in an interview with Kuwait News Agency 'KUNA' subsidiaries Euphrates news that Baghdad , the Kuwaiti government was provided with information on missing Kuwaitis, and pledged to end all other files with the State of Kuwait, noting that the two countries succeeded in restoring balance to their relations.

• Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to Kuwaiti compensation to Iraq will not be paid in cash, Kuwaiti newspaper says
Kuwaiti compensation to Iraq will not be paid in cash, Kuwaiti newspaper says
Prince of Kuwait Sabah Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah 

KUWAIT (AP)

Kuwait's compensation to Iraq will not be paid in cash, the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida reported. The newspaper said in its issue on Saturday, informed sources that the joint committees between the two countries are headed to file the compensation final agreement to invest in vital projects in Iraq with the import of Kuwait oil and gas materials, which contributes to strengthening relations of neighbors .. He stressed that there is no Kuwaiti intention to give up part of Those receivables of $ 4.6 billion.

The newspaper pointed out that Iraqi newspapers had said that Kuwait is about to waive some of the compensation due to the invasion in 1990, while hosting the donors conference for the reconstruction of areas liberated from «Daqsh» early next year.

She explained that Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar Abadi said last week that Iraq has resolved with the United Nations the oil-for-food issue and left nothing to hinder his release under the seventh item of compensation, but Kuwaiti compensation .. He added that negotiations are conducted between the parties on this file, which discussed during His last visit to Kuwait .. I hope to complete the resolution of this issue completely.

• Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to Kuwaiti newspaper reveals a non-cash payment mechanism for Kuwait's compensation to Iraq

Editor Mustafa Saad - Saturday 19 August

Search Bigger

Alsumaria News / Baghdad 
revealed a Kuwaiti newspaper on Saturday, for the payment of non - cash compensation mechanism for Kuwait to Iraq, while confirming that there is no intention to give up part of that amount to $ 4.6 billion in receivables. 

The newspaper "Al-Jarida" quoted informed sources that "the joint committees between the two countries tend to fold the file of compensation final agreement to invest in vital projects in Iraq, with the import of Kuwait oil and gas, which contributes to strengthening relations of neighbors."

The newspaper pointed out that "there is no Kuwaiti intention to waive part of those receivables of 4.6 billion dollars." 

On April 25, 2017, the State of Kuwait confirmed its readiness to examine future options to ensure that Iraq continues to pay US $ 4.6 billion in compensation for war losses between the two countries in 1990.
  • Upvote 2

14:29
Last updated
The time now is 02:41 PM
Watch

BAGHDAD / Tomorrow 's Press: 
newspaper , " the newspaper" Kuwait said on Saturday that the compensation for the State of Kuwait to Iraq , will not be paid in cash. 
The newspaper quoted informed sources as saying that "the joint committees between the two countries tend to fold the file of compensation final agreement to invest in vital projects in Iraq with the import of Kuwait oil and gas materials, which contribute to strengthening the relations of neighbors, and that no Kuwaiti intention to waive part of those receivables 4.6 Billion dollars. "

The newspaper pointed out that "Iraqi newspapers had said that Kuwait is waiving some of its compensation due to the invasion in 1990, while hosting a conference donors for the reconstruction of liberated areas from the beginning of next year." 
She explained that "the Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Abadi had said last week that Iraq has resolved with the United Nations the file of oil for food left nothing to hinder the release of under Chapter VII of the Kuwaiti compensation only."
  • Upvote 2

Will not pay in cash .. Plans to extinguish compensation Kuwait through projects in Iraq

economy

Since 2017-08-19 at 19:40 (Baghdad time)

22.jpg

Follow Mawazine News

Kuwait's Al-Jarida newspaper said on Saturday that Kuwait's compensation to Iraq would not be paid in cash, pointing out that the two countries are turning to finalize the compensation file

"The joint committees between the two countries are moving to finalize the compensation file by agreeing to invest in vital projects in Iraq, with the importation of petroleum and gas materials by Kuwait, which will contribute to strengthening the relations between the two neighbors," the newspaper said in a report issued today by Mawazin News.

The paper added that "there is no Kuwaiti intention to waive part of those receivables of 4.6 billion dollars."

The newspaper pointed out that Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi had said last week that Iraq has resolved with the United Nations oil-for-food and left nothing to hinder the release of under Chapter VII of the Kuwaiti compensation.

is over

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, vato96 said:

From the sounds of this. It looks like the UN has to give there blessing on this plan and Iraq is free from chapter 7. Which means it could be a interesting next few weeks before September or months left this year

Someone on another dinar board said that it's going to be a big deal at the UN - special announcement, and all that.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

CNN. Broadcasting While Backing Up The Camels On The Kuwaiti Border To Release The Gas !

(by walkingstick)

Hashemi: Kuwait is considering the options offered by Baghdad as an alternative to compensation

The Iraqi ambassador to Kuwait Alaa Hashemi said that the Iraqi side raised the issue of gas as part of the compensation to Kuwait during meetings that gathered oil ministers and foreign ministers of the two countries on the sidelines of the UN meetings in New York, and the issue of gas as one of the options related to compensation and leave the issue for deliberation by the Kuwaiti side , Indicating that the gas file is large and takes priority because of the need of Kuwait and its availability in the fields of Iraq adjacent to Kuwait, adding that the ball is now in the Kuwaiti stadium to study options for compensation, including gas. Al-Hashemi said in a statement that the gas is linked to global prices and one of the proposals of the Iraqi side that he made his offers for the price in accordance with international standards,especially that Iraq imports from Iran to improve gas to meet its needs, while the gas offered to Kuwait is natural gas that can be used in generating electricity , Indicating that the Kuwaiti side is studying this offer to complete it in the meeting of the next oil ministers.

http://www.annaharkw.com/annah.....?id=766476

• Upvote 6

Just now, siberian_shaddow said:

Much Appreciated Thugs, that sounds good, I thought that the debt to Kuwait was paid already though, someone please refresh me if there still something owed. Or is this a good gesture to do business going forward with Kuwait. 

Iraq still does owe monies to Kuwait I don't remember the exact amount though  I do think this sounds like a win win for both countries. That is my pennies worth. :twocents:

• Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq pays 270 million dollars for compensation for the invasion of Kuwait
  • Adam Montana locked this topic