Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq gets ranked 14th globally in the category of international arms control

History of edits:: 2017/6/20 23:42 • 107 times readable
Iraq gets an international classification of advanced weapons issues in the UN Security Council
{Baghdad: Euphrates News} got the Ministry of Interior, an advanced international classification standards of the International Organization for the control of arms and to the Commission for Disarmament Affairs, the UN Security Council.
A media adviser to Interior Minister Wahab al - Tai, in a statement the agency {Euphrates News}, a copy of it, that received the ministry "got through its representative Colonel Mansour Ali Sultan on the international classification of international standards for the control of the Organization of the weapons {CASA} and affiliated to the Committee for Disarmament Affairs the UN security Council. " 
He explained that " the ministry was arranged classification by international experts sequence 14 sequence, as this is a remarkable achievement for the first time at the national, regional and global added to the nomination of the Republic of Iraq for the presidency of the International Committee for the issues of arms session 72 for 2017". 
He pointed out that it "highlights the artistic role and shows the commitment of the Republic of Iraq best international standards in building its institutions, which promotes international stature" .anthy
  • Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq gets ranked 14th globally in the category of international arms control

Just in case anyone was wondering:

UN launches new International Small Arms Control Standards

29 August 2012 — On August 29, the International Small Arms Control Standards (ISACS) were launched in a side event of the Second Review Conference on the United Nations Programme of Action on the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons. The new standards will help to ensure that the UN provides support to Member States on putting in place effective controls over the full life-cycle of small arms and light weapons — from manufacture, marking and recordkeeping to storage, transport and international transfer to the tracing, collection and destruction of illicit weapons.

CASA Logo ISACS website

Let’s say you’re a peacekeeper, or a humanitarian worker, or contributing to reintegration of former combatants, or developing a small arms national action plan with a government. At some point in your work, you would need some guidance on how best to deal with small arms control issues. You may need information on such practical assistance as how to conduct a survey on the small arms situation, how to advise on the best ways to destroy a surplus stock of weapons, or how to design and implement community safety programming.

The illicit trade in small arms and light weapons fuels armed violence in conflict, post-conflict and other fragile settings. About 526,000 people die from armed violence every year, at an annual opportunity cost to the global economy of approximately $400 billion. Armed violence destroys lives and livelihoods, breeds insecurity, fear and terror, dissolves social cohesion and hinders achievement of the Millennium Development Goals.

The lives of UN staff are also being endangered by the easy availability of weapons.  As Hideki Matsuno, who is responsible for the ISACS in UNODA , notes: “Last year, the Organization recorded 26 armed attacks on UN premises, including five rocket and mortar attacks, 13 attacks using improvised explosive devices, 36 ambushes of UN convoys and 31 cases of hijacking of UN vehicles.”

Small Arms destruction in Banja Luka Destruction of small arms and light weapons in Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina

The 23 UN entities that make up the UN Coordinating Action on Small Arms (CASA) mechanism have contributed expertise, time and money over the last three-and-a-half years. They also opened the process of developing the standards to experts from governments, international and regional organizations, civil society and the private sector.

UN Member States have already negotiated three global agreements aimed at eradicating the illicit trade in small arms and light weapons. The UN Programme of Action, the International Tracing Instrument and the Firearms Protocol create global norms that could go a long way towards eradicating the black market trade in guns.

Following their launch, the standards will be used by CASA partners to support programmes and projects designed to assist Member States in controlling arms and reducing armed violence. The work of drafting the standards may be coming to an end, but the task of applying them is only just beginning.

https://www.un.org/disarmament/update/20120829a/

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Correct me if you like but i didnt think iraq could have international status without a rate ..also doesnt the HCL also have to be in place first?

Not that I know so much, but if Zimbabwe can trade internationally, I suspect Iraq can too.... As far as the HCL goes, yes, Adam has said it has to be in place. And then Barzani goes off on his "referendum" tangent, losing Kirkuk oil to still more terrorist...  The Kurds need to step it up and pull him out of the PM position like Iraq did Maliki!! ASAP

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

Not that I know so much, but if Zimbabwe can trade internationally, I suspect Iraq can too.... As far as the HCL goes, yes, Adam has said it has to be in place. And then Barzani goes off on his "referendum" tangent, losing Kirkuk oil to still more terrorist...  The Kurds need to step it up and pull him out of the PM position like Iraq did Maliki!! ASAP

True, and holding up the process of HCL with further procrastination will possibly continue. And how Zimbabwe trades at all with the sanctions and graft and corruption defies logic.  And like Iraq when and if they get Zimbabwe gets a credible non corrupt Government in place it will take years to bring it back to a viable and prosperous country.. i can assure you i won't live to see it happen.

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

True, and holding up the process of HCL with further procrastination will possibly continue. And how Zimbabwe trades at all with the sanctions and graft and corruption defies logic.  And like Iraq when and if they get Zimbabwe gets a credible non corrupt Government in place it will take years to bring it back to a viable and prosperous country.. i can assure you i won't live to see it happen.

Maybe I'm not understanding how the whole scenario would play out if the Kurds actually seceded from Iraq, but wondering if the Kurds would still use the same currency till they got their new bills printed up, complete with their own Central Bank of Kurdistan manning the controls.  September 25th is a long way off and my patience is now running thin. Barzani thinks he is the only one in Kurdistan that can run the country! He hasn't even allowed the citizens to vote for a new President, but now wants them to vote on his referendum before the November Kurdish elections. What are they going to do if he refuses to step down again? We alredy know there will not be an HCL with him running the show... pre-madonna he is!

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

but wondering if the Kurds would still use the same currency till they got their new bills printed up, complete with their own Central Bank of Kurdistan

That not gonna happen anytime soon. IMO This referendum is power play, which would help the Kurds be able to say we deserve more then 17%. Also we see articles after articles stating that this has to be done according to the Constitution. That would like be using the word Soon in Iraq. Anyhow the currency represent Iraq and the Kurds and anything Arabic, which has historical symbols on them, which if and when it the iqd holds any value they won't just leave that behind as well..IMO..and lets add this  

Central Bank of Iraq
Central Bank of Iraq

Roudao - Erbil 

decided the Iraqi Central Bank, re - opening of a sub - Erbil and Sulaymaniyah, early next month, after negotiations with the Kurdistan Regional Government, lasted for a year. 

The publication of the Central Bank of Iraq / Erbil branch declaration of the functions required in the new branch. 

According to a source familiar with the network Roudao media, that " the Erbil branch of the Central Bank of Iraq will include all the services available in other branches in Iraq." 

He noted that " the Central Bank of Iraq will be substantial changes in the regional bank in Arbil, and will re - organize all sections, referring to the lack of information on the branch of Sulaymaniyah. In 

turn, said the regional bank manager in Sulaimaniya, Abdul Rahman Saleh, the Roudao said that" the Iraqi Central Bank will re - opening of the branch Sulaymaniyah after the opening of Erbil branch, so the opening of Sulaymaniyah branch procedures will be delayed for some time. " it is 

noteworthy that the Central Bank of Iraq had cut off its relations with sub - Erbil and Sulaymaniyah, over the past years, and in the past year , the central bank decided to re - open its branches in the Kurdistan region officially.

• Upvote 5

I know your right Yota, I'm just letting my fears get the best of me. Closer then we have ever been, then here comes two more wrenches into the works. IMIS smuggling oil and Barzani's  hiccups of rogue power gone wrong....  :wacko: