Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Conclusion of a week victory ceremony lit up the skies of Baghdad

32 minutes ago, Boozer said:

Sat is the end of Ramadan at sun down,, and the UN votes on the 27th. Hope Iraq has there shtzz together by then.. 7 days till Victory or Postpone ? anyone taking bets ?

That woild be a Suckers Bet, Boozer. No doubt U won't find anyone here taking that bet. We've been too many times disappointed over the years. They'll have overdosed on whiskey & falafel and won't be in their " right minds " for months.

• Upvote 2

Three Day Holiday with Firework Show !

Jun 26 Monday Eid-al-Fitr (End of Ramadan) National holiday
Jun 27 Tuesday Eid-al-Fitr holiday National holiday
Jun 28 Wednesday Eid-al-Fitr holiday National holiday

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/iraq/

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

You rock Thugy!!!!!

Dang great news!!!!

• Upvote 3

Thanks DT....

21 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

...They need 3 days to flip the switch...These 3 look as good as any to me....

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Freedomwish said:

Should I hold off drinking now or until the end of the week? :confused:

Yes, by all means. Get a Great Single Malt and save it for that RV announcement. That is what I am doing. When that hits I am opening the bottle, pouring a class, and I am toasting everyone of my DV group, God, and my family. I will watch the sun set or rise and realize that I am the luckiest guy out there.  :twocents:

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Yes, by all means. Get a Great Single Malt and save it for that RV announcement. That is what I am doing. When that hits I am opening the bottle, pouring a class, and I am toasting everyone of my DV group, God, and my family. I will watch the sun set or rise and realize that I am the luckiest guy out there.  :twocents:

Well, amen brother Chuck.....amen!:praying::cheesehead:

• Upvote 3

The largest festival of fireworks in Zora

6/21/2017 0:00 

City prepares Zora games to set up the largest fireworks display in celebration of Eid al - Fitr festival. 
According to the city administration in a press release it received "morning , " a copy of it, that the city Zora games will hold a festival of fireworks is the largest and first of its kind in the country, with the participation of art stars and sports throughout the day of Eid al - Fitr. 
She added that these games processed by a specialized international companies, glistening sky of the capital and attractive colors and dazzling people will be able to see them from different areas of Baghdad. 
She noted the administration according to the statement, that the festival coincides with Eid al - Fitr weddings and victories of the security forces on the factions "Daesh" terrorist and liberation of the city of Mosul Dnassehm.
  • Upvote 3

Sunni Endowment investigates sighting of the crescent of Shawwal on Saturday

20-06-2017 04:19 PM

Euphrates -

Sunni Endowment announced the establishment of a ceremony on Saturday to see the crescent of the month of Shawwal and determine the first day of Eid al - Fitr.

Diwan said in a statement that the sighting of the crescent festive feast will be held on Saturday in Umm al- Qura mosque to read a statement to the committee proved or not proved the legitimate vision of the moon of the month of Shawwal 1438 of the Prophet 's migration.

Islamic project was to monitor crescents not confirmed the possibility of sighting of the moon on June 24 with the naked eye in all Arab and Muslim countries , so it is expected to be the feast in most Arab and Islamic countries that require the sighting of the crescent with the naked eye, on Monday , June 26

http://www.alforat.info/index......8;id=46980

• Upvote 2

History of edits:: 2017/6/21 10:15 • 103 times readable
Today .. the longest days of the month of Ramadan
[Oan- follow - up] 
gathered all astronomical observatories, that on Wednesday, 21 this June, will be the longest days of Ramadan, with a maximum duration of the day in the Arab world , 16 hours and 22 minutes.
Thus , the average length of day 14 hours and 14 minutes, the longest day during the year, while the average length of the night 9 hours and 46 minutes , a shorter night period during the year, and with the beginning of the summer solstice the sun is completely perpendicular to the Tropic of Cancer , which is located north of the equator by 23.5 degrees Almost. 
According to scientists, the reason for this is due to the coup Summer Summer solstice this year, which occurs in all aspects of the Arab region and the entire northern hemisphere. 
The coup solar astronomical phenomenon annual occur twice a year, the first summer in the northern hemisphere is called a coup summer, and the second winter in the southern hemisphere is called a coup winter, and on the summer solstice is the longest day period and a shorter period of night in the entire year, and vice versa in the southern hemisphere . 
The astronomical research, that at this time is the North Pole of the Earth is tilted toward the sun and be located directly above the Tropic of Cancer at latitude 23.44 degrees north, which is the first day of summer astronomical season and which will run 93 days and 15 hours and 47 minutes. 
It is worth mentioning that after the summer solstice sun begins the transition towards the south of the new daylight hours gradually shrinking until the autumnal equinox on 23 September next.
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Conclusion of a week victory ceremony lit up the skies of Baghdad