Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Heavyduty053

Ruth went to her mailbox as she did everyday and it was the usual stuff Credit card offers, bills and advertisements and the like. But today there was only one letter. She picked it up and looked at it slowly before opening it and then she looked at it again. There was no stamp, no postmark, no return address only her name and address. She began to read:

Dear Ruth:      I am going to be in your neighborhood Saturday afternoon, and I'd like to stop by for a visit. And on the next line all it said was.........Love You,  Jesus

Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table. "Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special and I don't have anything to offer." With that thought she was silent for a minute and then she remembered her empty kitchen cabinets. Oh! my goodness, I don't have any food to offer him. I will have to run down to the store and buy something for dinner. She reached into her purse and counted out its contents. Five dollars and forty cents. "Well! I can get some bread and cold cuts at least". She threw on her coat to ward off the cold wind and hurried out the door. A loaf of French bread, a half pound of sliced turkey, and a carton of milk.....leaving Ruth with a grand total of twelve cents to last her until Monday. Nonetheless she felt good as she headed home, her meager offerings tucked under her arm.

A voice rang out from the alley she just passed, "Hey lady can you help us, we are hungry and my wife has only rags against the wind". Ruth looked and the man and woman were dressed in what looked like rags, the man said, "I ain't got no job, ya know and my wife and I have been living out here on the street and its getting cold....will you help us". Ruth looked at both of them, they were dirty, they smelled bad and frankly, she was certain that one or both of them could get some kind of work if they really wanted to. "Sir, I'd really like to help you, but I'm a poor woman myself, all I have is a few cold cuts and some bread and I'm having an important guest for dinner tonight and I was planning on serving that to Him."

Yeah, well okay, I understand....thank you anyway. The man put his arm around the woman's shoulders, turned and headed back into the alley. As she watched them leave it tore at her heart. She felt that twinge. Sir wait!' The couple stopped and turned as she ran down to alley after them. "Look, why don't you take this food, it will help keep the hunger away and I will figure out something else for guest".

"Thank you, thank you very much!" Both of them were so grateful and Ruth could see now that the woman was shivering. She took off her coat and put it around the woman's shoulder's. Then she smiled and walked back to the street.

The wind was cold but she now had a warm feeling inside. She gave all that she had to someone who had less. She was beginning to chill by the time she got back to her door and when she reached into her purse for the key, she noticed another envelope in her mailbox by the door. "That's odd, the mailman doesn't usually come twice in one day, she pulled it out and looked at it, again no return address, no postmark only her name.

Dear Ruth:   It was so good to see you again, you shared food with the hungry couple in the alley and gave her your warm coat.....when you do this for the least of these you have done it for me.        Love Always    Jesus

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Heavyduty053 said:

Moose how do I send you a message on your profile.

I went to your profile and tried to send you a message and it says you don't accept messages? I have gotten them in the past 

from other members here. There must be a setting that is turned off??? I can't figure it out? Good morning Heavy!

moose

Edited by moose 57
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, moose 57 said:

I went to your profile and tried to send you a message and it says you don't accept messages? I have gotten them in the past 

from other members here. There must be a setting that is turned off??? I can't figure it out? Good morning Heavy!

moose

I think he has to be platinum to get messages

• Upvote 3