Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

D. V. powerball 6 / 17 / 2017

jeepguy

Waiving the $100 Million Requirement

Terms:

1)  Pool(s) is (are) open to identifiable/registered DV MEMBERS ONLY (Sorry, no extended family or friends... or Lopsters, as they are not allowed in the regular forums, and therefore cannot comply with the rules).  

2)  One SET of numbers per ENTRANT per POST per FAMILY (Multiple members in a family may participate under ONE ENTRANT ONLY).  (Please select CASH OPTION when purchasing numbers/ticket).  Annuity tickets will not be disqualified and will be factored accordingly if determined a winner, but our preferred intent is for the lump sum payout.

3)  A DV Member may purchase and post up to ONE ticket for ANOTHER DV Member (except Lopsters), with that member's acknowledgement and consent.

4)  ONE SHARE per entrant of any winnings of the JACKPOT (CASH OPTION!!!) only (Approx. $100 million minimum drawing)

5)  Winning ticket/entrant agrees to share EQUALLY with ALL qualified entrants in this thread.

6)  Qualified entrants must have numbers/entry posted prior to drawing date/time.

7)  Qualified entrants must have a physical ticket to present upon winning, to prove their pledged participation.  HOLD onto your "LOSING" ticket.  Take a picture of your "LOSING" ticket as a possible backup verification.

8)  Winning entrant is responsible for ALL communication with, and coordination of, winning shareholders immediately after the drawing.

9)  ALL winning participants/shareholders agree to respect and abide to the PRIVACY terms of the WINNER.  Disclosure of identity of winning entrant is sole discretion of winner.  This is for the security and safety of all.

10)  Winning shares will be dispersed upon final consensus and WRITTEN AGREEMENT, guaranteeing individual preferences, privacy and security.

11)  By posting your pledged ticket/numbers in the thread(s), YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS POSTED ABOVE.

The following has been added to the rules as of 9/17/2016 to clarify a question about participation:

NEW RULE!  Ticket/numbers entered into THIS DV POOL are for this pool exclusively.  It may not be entered into other pools.  Its entry into the DV POOL is time-stamped as verified by the post, and acknowledged by the entrant that it is exclusive to DV.  Should it be found that the WINNING TICKET is entered into multiple pools, WE will claim that ticket as the WINNER for the DV POOL EXCLUSIVELY,  irrespective of the time-stamp of other pools.  Should another pool have a similar rule, or no rule to this regard, the time-stamp may be an effective qualifier if necessary to determine the participant's intent, as well as order of participation.

429                  06    17    18    21    69    PB 07

pokerplayer     04    17    35    47    68    PB 15

So I do the "Quick-Pick" or computer-generated ticket deal. Look at those first 2 numbers! Besides that, 6/17 is my wife's wedding anniversary ('cuz it's never about the husband! :lol:). It's a sign! Good luck to all of us! 429

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, VEGASDINAR said:

Ok finally lined up a friend to buy my tickets!!!

for Saturday 6/17:..........14 31 52 59 62   PB 22 

thanks Jaxinjersey and Jeepguy for your prior help. Here we go with Vegasdinar's :rolleyes:beginners luck

Awesome Vegas!!!  Well done, and Welcome (officially) Aboard!  Let's go Beginner's Luck!  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

Good luck to all the participants!

I haven't participated in this lottery because I have a couple of questions. How would the winning participant divide the proceeds among the other participants? Will this incur a gift tax? I am sure all of you already know this so any information will be appreciated. 

5 hours ago, Bama Girl said:

Good luck to all the participants!

I haven't participated in this lottery because I have a couple of questions. How would the winning participant divide the proceeds among the other participants? Will this incur a gift tax? I am sure all of you already know this so any information will be appreciated. 

In my thinking , if the pot is 100 million and 20 players, it will be divided by 20 players after taxes .. not a gift but a group split ... 

7 minutes ago, jeepguy said:

In my thinking , if the pot is 100 million and 20 players, it will be divided by 20 players after taxes .. not a gift but a group split ... 

That is what puzzles me jeepguy. Do all have to be present when the ticket is turned in? I promise I am not trying to complicate things, just can't wrap my thinking around the total process. For instance, I live in Florida so if the group wins the Florida Power Ball, will the State of Florida divide the winnings or will the individual with the ticket receive the payout and then write checks to the other participants? I guess I am flashing my ignorance 😌, but I truly don't know the process. 

2 hours ago, Bama Girl said:

That is what puzzles me jeepguy. Do all have to be present when the ticket is turned in? I promise I am not trying to complicate things, just can't wrap my thinking around the total process. For instance, I live in Florida so if the group wins the Florida Power Ball, will the State of Florida divide the winnings or will the individual with the ticket receive the payout and then write checks to the other participants? I guess I am flashing my ignorance 😌, but I truly don't know the process. 

hahhaha  I know it is a big puzzle  , on how it will fall into place  !  now only the big prize is the split pot , and the other winnings is the ticket holders only , but from what I have heard of  how the super prize is paid out , is that  the  state the ticket is sold in will take its taxes right off the top ,  and then the remainder is split into each players account .  say your ticket wins we will have to figure the details of where too gather , { with our tickets from the winning night } . figure out how too communicate the day after we find out one of our players ticket has won ...  { I can imagine , we would have 100`s  of new friends with ideas } ...  so I guess we would need too another thread same site  { like " ticket holder meeting  in powerball thread section ...now --- go too the first few draw date threads and you might be able too read some of the ideas passed around  { if by chance a ticket wins and each player will receive 20 million dollars  <--- example ...  there would be a few who would try to deceive and steal another's  winnings ,  so I would fly or drive too the ticket winners area meet at a location with all other players  with their ticket , now the ticket has a time stamp , location of where the ticket was sold ...  so some one could not  print out a ticket the day after and try too claim they had a playing ticket ,  { wrong date on it }  and they could not just pick up any ticket off the street from that days play , because it will not be listed here on the d.v. powerball thread ... as for all folks who win the example 20 million dollars , who do not wish to be there ... I can not see who in their right mind would let that slip by ... let us know if there is another question bama girl    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bama Girl said:

Hi Bama!  Good questions!  It's not really complicated... but it's all about legality and the documented structure of the "Pool/Group", which is why we have written rules for participants to qualify their entries...

Basically, WE all agree in advance and through this documented thread, to split the winnings of the Participating Winner's Ticket.  THAT WINNER is responsible for contacting and coordinating each of us in order to disperse winnings.  THAT WINNER does not collect and disperse the funds.  Through LEGAL arrangements, the LOTTERY ADMINISTRATION simply honors OUR wishes, including how individuals want to be paid... privacy considerations, etc. etc.  THIS planning and action can take a lengthy time to plan and finalize... but of course, all worth the efforts. With arranged legal protection, etc., it probably isn't necessary for any of us to have to travel to the winning state in order to collect... unless we want to,

Each individual winner is simply responsible for their own claims, taxes, etc. on their portion, respective to their individual state laws.

So WHEN we win... everyone has to take a really deep breath... contact their own lawyer/accountant/financial advisor to decide what they want to do... while the WINNING TICKET HOLDER acts as our Proxy/Advocate and gets the ball rolling...

Hope that answers some of your questions!

Jax 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, jeepguy said:

hahhaha  I know it is a big puzzle  , on how it will fall into place  !  now only the big prize is the split pot , and the other winnings is the ticket holders only , but from what I have heard of  how the super prize is paid out , is that  the  state the ticket is sold in will take its taxes right off the top ,  and then the remainder is split into each players account .  say your ticket wins we will have to figure the details of where too gather , { with our tickets from the winning night } . figure out how too communicate the day after we find out one of our players ticket has won ...  { I can imagine , we would have 100`s  of new friends with ideas } ...  so I guess we would need too another thread same site  { like " ticket holder meeting  in powerball thread section ...now --- go too the first few draw date threads and you might be able too read some of the ideas passed around  { if by chance a ticket wins and each player will receive 20 million dollars  <--- example ...  there would be a few who would try to deceive and steal another's  winnings ,  so I would fly or drive too the ticket winners area meet at a location with all other players  with their ticket , now the ticket has a time stamp , location of where the ticket was sold ...  so some one could not  print out a ticket the day after and try too claim they had a playing ticket ,  { wrong date on it }  and they could not just pick up any ticket off the street from that days play , because it will not be listed here on the d.v. powerball thread ... as for all folks who win the example 20 million dollars , who do not wish to be there ... I can not see who in their right mind would let that slip by ... let us know if there is another question bama girl    

Good post JEEP...  The Rules should insure proper participation and guard against fraud.  BUT, we are all "strangers"... and if even just one of us wants to become a "fly in the ointment" for whatever reason, the legalities must step in... iron it out... take over and solve it.  BUT, no one wants any legal actions delaying our collecting the winnings!  This is why I get a little firm here trying to protect us all from unnecessary rules violations. We want to have fun doing this, but we must also take care not to be too casual about it.  We EACH MUST look at our participation in a very serious manner.  IT'S A LOT OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!  LOL

Jax