Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Financial Operations Of: Lifting All The Barriers Imposed On The Central Bank Of Iraq After Its Actions Against Money Laundering 

28 minutes ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

Why when I get more loans...my credit rating goes down ..not up????

That's Because Catnip, Balls Of Yarn, And Cat Toys Covered In Spit Aren't Appreciable Assets ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Upvote 7

IMF is forward-looking to the budget for 2018 already. 

IMF Team Reaches Staff-Level Agreement on 2nd Review of SBA with Iraq

June 5, 2017

June 5, 2017

The Stand-By Arrangement aims to restore fiscal and external balance and to improve public financial management while protecting social spending.

• The Iraqi authorities and the IMF mission have reached agreement on a supplementary budget for 2017, objectives for the 2018 budget, and strengthened procedures to keep expenditure under control
  • The SBA aims to restore fiscal and external balance and to improve public financial management while protecting social spending. (This statement is why there will be no RV until after the SBA has been completed, three years hence June 2016)

The Iraqi authorities and an International Monetary Fund (IMF) team reached a staff-level agreement on the second review of the Stand-By Arrangement (SBA) that was approved by the IMF Executive Board on July 7, 2016 (See Press Release No. 16/321). The SBA aims to restore fiscal and external balance and to improve public financial management while protecting social spending. Iraq completed the first review under the SBA on December 5, 2016 and received a disbursement of SDR 0.46 billion (US$0.6 billion) (See Press Release No. 16/540). Completion of the second review will release a further disbursement of SDR 0.6 billion (US$0.8 billion).

Mr. Christian Josz, Mission Chief for Iraq, issued the following statement today in Amman:

“The Iraqi authorities and the IMF team have reached agreement on a supplementary budget for 2017, objectives for the 2018 budget, and strengthened procedures to keep expenditure under control. Both the supplementary 2017 budget and the 2018 budget will keep the fiscal consolidation, necessitated by the fall in oil prices, on track, while protecting social spending.

“Once agreed prior actions have been implemented, the IMF Board could consider the second review of the SBA in August.

“During the discussions, the team met with Acting Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI), Dr. Ali Mohsen Ismail Al-Allaq, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Prime Minister, Dr. Naufel Al-Hassan, Chairman of the Board of Supreme Audit, Dr. Salah Noori Khalaf, Acting Deputy Finance Minister, Ms. Taif Same, Deputy Minister of Planning, Dr. Qasim Enaya, Deputy Minister of Electricity, Mr. Abdel Hamza, Financial Adviser to the Prime Minister, Dr. Mudher Saleh, and officials from the ministry of finance, Central Bank of Iraq (CBI), the Board of Supreme Audit, the ministry of oil, the ministry of planning, the ministry of electricity, and a representative from the Kurdistan Regional Government. The team would like to thank the Iraqi authorities for their cooperation and the open and productive discussions.”

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, Theseus said:

The SBA aims to restore fiscal and external balance and to improve public financial management while protecting social spending. (This statement is why there will be no RV until after the SBA has been completed, three years hence June 2016)

So does that mean no RV till 2019.... I sure hope not, Keeping Positive Thoughts on this one, RV 2017 PLEASE!!

• Upvote 3

2h hours ago   6/12/2017

Finally held our first full @Cabinet meeting today. With this great team, we can restore American prosperity and bring real change to D.C.
Trumps Video after the 6 minute mark mentions" In 2 weeks he will have a meeting going over how many ISIS are left the numbers are unbelievable".

https://twitter.com/
realDonaldTrump

Trump Today: President boasts of accomplishments at first full cabinet meeting

Published: June 12, 2017 4:13 p.m. ET

Trump urges Twitter followers to watch Ivanka on Fox

MW-FE947_trump__20170201144826_MG.jpg?uuid=66007c12-e8b7-11e6-ba86-001cc448aede
This column provides a daily update on key presidential actions as well as comments, whether spoken aloud or on Twitter, by President Trump. Like the stock market, the deadline for Trump Today action is 4 p.m. Eastern time, even as we acknowledge that substantive news can and does occur after hours.

President Donald Trump boasted about his accomplishments to date at the first meeting of his full cabinet, marked the opening of a coal mine in Pennsylvania and told his Twitter followers to watch his daughter Ivanka on Fox & Friends.

FEW PRESIDENTS HAVE DONE MORE, TRUMP SAYS

In remarks that have quickly invited comparisons to his predecessors, Trump said there has never been a president, with few exceptions, “who has passed more legislation, done more things.”

Trump’s comments before his cabinet prompted at least one quick investigation, by NBC News, which noted President Barack Obama signed an $800 billion stimulus in his first 100 days and John F. Kennedy established the Peace Corps within the same time. Trump has signed more bills into law than all but two presidents in the last 84 years — but PolitiFact has noted that none of them are particularly significant.

The cabinet meeting was also marked by unusual praise for Trump, such as Chief of Staff Reince Priebus saying “we thank you for the opportunity and blessing you’ve given us to serve your agenda and the American people.” A recent report said Priebus may be fired by Trump if he does not shake up the White House.

MW-FO275_trump__20170612152950_MG.jpg?uuid=80b1e1e0-4fa5-11e7-a8cb-9c8e992d421eGetty Images
President Donald Trump attends a meeting in the Cabinet Room of the White House on Monday.

TRUMP TWEETS CONGRATULATIONS AS COAL MINE OPENS

Trump tweeted “congratulations!” and linked to a Fox News article about the opening of a coal mine in Somerset County, Pennsylvania. Trump has routinely professed his support for the coal industry, even saying “I happen to love the coal miners” at the event announcing his withdrawal from the Paris climate accord.

http://www.marketwatch.com/sto.....2017-06-12

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Theseus said:

If it doesn't happen at EID. It won't in 2017.

...The gift of EID is within the time frame "Buzzy" was referring too...I'm inclined to take from this article that the RV could go either way...On one hand "Theseus" has the basic scope of this article in basically, 2 more years...On the other hand we're dealing with an explosive situation in letting the economy and more importantly the people sit idle for another two years without doing something major to jump start the economy and give the Iraqi citizens a purposeful and constructive direction to grow...There hasn't been a meaningful gift of EID that I can recall....This article did state the dinar has been pegged to the USD as a pillar of the economy....The USD and the IQD are just flat currencies and can be established at whatever these two countries are willing to gamble with...I wouldn't go out and sell the farm to buy more dinar but then again I wouldn't rule out the gift of EID this year....Time will definitely tell....jmho 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

IMF Team Reaches Staff-Level Agreement on 2nd Review of SBA with Iraq

June 5, 2017

June 5, 2017

The Stand-By Arrangement aims to restore fiscal and external balance and to improve public financial management while protecting social spending.

• The Iraqi authorities and the IMF mission have reached agreement on a supplementary budget for 2017, objectives for the 2018 budget, and strengthened procedures to keep expenditure under control
  • The SBA aims to restore fiscal and external balance and to improve public financial management while protecting social spending. (This statement is why there will be no RV until after the SBA has been completed, three years hence June 2016)

Just adding the link to the article:  HERE

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

(by don961)

Another Iran deal low for the Obama administration

June 12 2017 03:48 PM
6201712154746560497056.jpg
NYP

Just a week after the US Senate failed to stop the Iran nuclear deal, Tehran launched a major cyberattack on the State Department — and the Obama administration kept it secret, The New York Post wrote in an editorial. 

The Washington Free Beacon broke the story last week, revealing that Team Obama was even more craven than we’d thought.

The two sides were then still negotiating the “side deals” to finalize the accord; it wasn’t too late to stop it. And the attack showed that Iran wouldn’t remotely begin to moderate its ways, as the Obamaites had hoped.

Indeed, the hacking seemed to target the State personnel involved in those negotiations — the better to wring a last few concessions, no doubt.

It’s obvious why Iran thought it could get away with it: Washington had proved willing to cede every point in order to reach a deal.

President Trump has yet to junk the deal, and understandably so: President Barack Obama gave away so much up front (billions in cash as well as hundreds of billions in sanctions relief) that America may be better off trying to make the rest of it stick.

But that doesn’t change the fact that Obama’s chief foreign-policy achievement was in fact a shameful defeat for the nation and the world.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/.....nistration

I just hope OBummer does not try and buy a vacation home in Canada. Re-estate is low enough as it is with out him coming here  :(

pp

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

...The gift of EID is within the time frame "Buzzy" was referring too...I'm inclined to take from this article that the RV could go either way...On one hand "Theseus" has the basic scope of this article in basically, 2 more years...On the other hand we're dealing with an explosive situation in letting the economy and more importantly the people sit idle for another two years without doing something major to jump start the economy and give the Iraqi citizens a purposeful and constructive direction to grow...There hasn't been a meaningful gift of EID that I can recall....This article did state the dinar has been pegged to the USD as a pillar of the economy....The USD and the IQD are just flat currencies and can be established at whatever these two countries are willing to gamble with...I wouldn't go out and sell the farm to buy more dinar but then again I wouldn't rule out the gift of EID this year....Time will definitely tell....jmho 

Very well said Skeetdog +1 and very well earned for your post.

pp

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

Theseus, I tend to agree with you.

Think if drags out much longer investors will lose faith in investing dollars into the rebuilding of Iraq.. I know I would think twice about investing dollars for a dimes return .. And doesn't Iraq and its citizen need to have purchasing power in their own currency ...

• Upvote 2

Hmm...would they really have to show they're following IMF WB Guidelines for that much longer...will the people sit calmly that much longer...SBA in Aug. Credit outlook in next month...oh.7 release this month...liberated nation in a few weeks...and new credit rating Aug/Sept...I dunno, things are just not adding up to look at another 2yrs of this...

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Officiallytook said:

Hmm...would they really have to show they're following IMF WB Guidelines for that much longer...will the people sit calmly that much longer...SBA in Aug. Credit outlook in next month...oh.7 release this month...liberated nation in a few weeks...and new credit rating Aug/Sept...I dunno, things are just not adding up to look at another 2yrs of this...

True... i really would think that Iraq would want to get their own show on the road sooner than later.. but then they are great procrastinors ...

• Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to The Financial Operations Of: Lifting All The Barriers Imposed On The Central Bank Of Iraq After Its Actions Against Money Laundering 
  • yota691 featured this topic