Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Flat Earth - Researching it

bigwave

Whatever happened to DV member Peace?  She was passionate about this (and other topics).  I seem to remember she changed her name on here - don't remember to what.   It's amazing how you feel like you know these people and then they disappear.  Hope she is okay.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

Whatever happened to DV member Peace?  She was passionate about this (and other topics).  I seem to remember she changed her name on here - don't remember to what.   It's amazing how you feel like you know these people and then they disappear.  Hope she is okay.

I hope Brandy/Peace didn't fall over the edge of the protective ice wall...hopefully the international black op protectors of the flat earth secret were able to detain her before anything tragic happened.  :rolleyes:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I hope Brandy/Peace didn't fall over the edge of the protective ice wall...hopefully the international black op protectors of the flat earth secret were able to detain her before anything tragic happened.  :rolleyes:

GO RV, then BV

Shabs, your compassion meter is underwhelming - I bet you beat your dog!!  JK

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, bigwave said:

There are about 70 references to a flat earth in the bible.

I know but we certainly can't have Christians who actually believe the word of God now can we? Unless of course you are the overcoming bride of Christ AKA The Remnant. Then you will see things much differently.

21 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Still  having trouble with the trigonometry of terrain I see.:lol:

• Upvote 1

Why do people even think a flat earth is even possible? I find this thread and the last one a waste of time...sorry, but I can't bring myself to even consider a flat Earth even a possibility with the scientific evidence that we have today. 

Hopefully I don't ruffle some feathers for those who may believe this theory...JMHO.

Indy 

• Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, Indraman said:

Why do people even think a flat earth is even possible? I find this thread and the last one a waste of time...sorry, but I can't bring myself to even consider a flat Earth even a possibility with the scientific evidence that we have today. 

Hopefully I don't ruffle some feathers for those who may believe this theory...JMHO.

Indy 

Well I can tell you that I'm not offended in the least, you  have a right to your opinion. :tiphat:But you should know that I fly around the earth every year in one night and I know what I see:lmao:

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 4

11 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You mean the kingdom of Heaven right? What shape is the kingdom of heaven?

There must be more to the foundational awareness of learning and awakening to the "earth is flat", other than “they” are lying to you. It appears the belief is being intertwined also with bible teaching by some; if they think so or not, creating yet another sect.

At Revelation 21:9-23 is the description of the symbolic city (New Jerusalem, God's Kingdom, “kingdom of Heaven”, God’s Heavenly Government) give to John, John making up one of the city's foundation stones.

On its 12 gates, there are inscribed the names of the 12 tribes of Israel. Therefore, this symbolic city is made up of the 144,000, who were sealed “out of every tribe of the sons of Israel.” (Revelation 7:4-8) In harmony with this, the foundation stones have on them the names of the 12 apostles of the Lamb. Yes, New Jerusalem is not the fleshly nation of Israel founded on the 12 sons of Jacob. It is the spiritual Israel, founded on “the apostles and prophets.”—Ephesians 2:20.

The symbolic city has a huge wall. In ancient times, city walls were built for security to keep out enemies. New Jerusalem’s “great and lofty wall” shows that she is spiritually secure. No enemy of righteousness, no one unclean or dishonest, will ever be able to gain entrance. (Revelation 21:27) But for those allowed in, entering this beauteous city is like entering Paradise. (Revelation 2:7) After Adam’s expulsion, cherubs were posted in front of the original Paradise to keep out unclean humans. (Genesis 3:24) Similarly, angels are posted at each entrance of the holy city Jerusalem to ensure the spiritual security of the city—Matthew 13:41.

The spiritual effects of the “kingdom of Heaven” have not yet ‘come down’ as it were (from spiritual Heaven) to the earth, (Mat 6:9,10) (Re 21:1-4) and when it does; the earth will still remain in the/a physical universe.

When looking up, day or night you are observing the physical universe, not a spiritual universe where God now resides. In the house of my Father are many dwelling places (or “abodes” some translation's). (John14:2a)  

In short; the physical universe is in no way the “kingdom of the heavens” of the Bible.

So instead of avoiding honest questions, by asking questions based in mystery which is shown to be neither understood or thoroughly explained; here is a chance to express the fundamental paradigm shift in physical reality as well as thinking that can be expected after haven realized the earth is flat.

Also having realized the flat shape of the earth; how should the shape of universe be viewed?

Man resides in a/the physical universe, and just as pattieangle illustrated/ stated; “a beautiful creation from our God Almighty!!!!”

Mine was a two part question worded correctly, and by the way were not meant as rhetorical questions ether, can someone explain.  

1.  Ok the earth is flat, now what?

2.  What is the shape of the physical universe?

I’m not trying to humble anyone or put anyone on the hot seat here as it were, if the belief has merit the roots of such belief should grow deeper, so the branches of the tree can show its proof even more by its flourishing- true? 

Wouldn’t it also be true in order to believe in a falsehood one must first, be lying to oneself?

Instead of viewing me as an enemy or pest, try viewing me as one wanting/trying to help. This is the only reason I joined in the conversation…not to be right or to argue just for the sake of argument.

Fly  : )  

Edited by Fly
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Fly said:

The spiritual effects of the “kingdom of Heaven” have not yet ‘come down’ as it were (from spiritual Heaven) to the earth, (Mat 6:9,10) (Re 21:1-4) and when it does; the earth will still remain in the/a physical universe.

Tell that to the Holy Spirit.

When looking up, day or night you are observing the physical universe, not a spiritual universe where God now resides. In the house of my Father are many dwelling places (or “abodes” some translation). (John14:2a)  

When looking up at night you see,"outer darkness", with fallen angels in chains suffering wailing and weeping and nashing of teeth cause they are neither on the earth nor in the presence of God. 

If you look up during the day all you see is the , "greater light", of the day and clouds amongst other living things. Oh and let us not forget that dome God called the,"firmament". Where the water above the earth was separated from  the water below the earth. 

As for the many dwelling places of my God you might wanna rethink that shining city on a hill thing. The New Jerusalem is described exactly as it is to appear.  

In short; the physical universe is in no way the “kingdom of the heavens” of the Bible.

The Kingdom of Heaven is within you and all around you. Split a piece of wood and I am there, lift up a stone and you will find me. 

Man resides in a/the physical universe

And God doesn't? :facepalm2:So where did Jesus Christ, "THE SON OF GOD", go after he was resurrected? 

IT'S A FOOTSTOOL PEOPLE. BEFORE THE THRONE OF GOD. 

Or else the bible is a lie

When looking up, day or night you are observing the physical universe, not a spiritual universe where God now resides

By the way this statement is EXACTLY why the devil wants everyone to think that the earth is a ball in a universe. Because that means that God is not looking down directly on you. But must transverse some mythical supernatural spiritual universe to get here. :facepalm3: PLEASE :facepalm1:

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Here is my one scientific piece of evidence to prove the Earth is a sphere, and not a flat surface (which by very definition would be a plane of some thickness):

Hypothesis of Flat Earth: The weight of objects would vary at physical location, even at the same surface elevation.

Data and Conclusion: The weight of objects does not vary; thus, the Earth must be spherical.

Indy 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Indraman said:

Here is my one scientific piece of evidence to prove the Earth is a sphere, and not a flat surface (which by very definition would be a plane of some thickness):

Hypothesis of Flat Earth: The weight of objects would vary at physical location, even at the same surface elevation.

Data and Conclusion: The weight of objects does not vary; thus, the Earth must be spherical.

Indy 

:lmao:You haven't met my ex wifes.:lmao: Talk about weight variations in divers places. :wacko:

• Upvote 1

If I recall correctly, the "flat earth" theory was/is an intelligence psyop, released as a tool

to find out how gullible people can be. It has come to the point where I have seen folks fighitng

about this which is a major time waster in my opinion. As for the results of this psyop, the c i a

and others were not disappointed at the response as it has become a religion to some who

believe it or attempt to take religious allegory literally which just adds to confusion.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Jim1cor13 said:

If I recall correctly, the "flat earth" theory was/is an intelligence psyop, released as a tool

to find out how gullible people can be. It has come to the point where I have seen folks fighitng

about this which is a major time waster in my opinion. As for the results of this psyop, the c i a

and others were not disappointed at the response as it has become a religion to some who

believe it or attempt to take religious allegory literally which just adds to confusion.

This will blow your mind. Flat Earth theory wasn't a theory in KSA. It was taught as fact into the late 80's. Personal computers appeared on the scene and the KSA could not keep teaching the theory anymore. In the Quran, I long ago forgot the exact verse or it might be the hadiths the point is it has religious authority backing deemed to come from the mouth of god who does not have a mouth but I digress, the story goes that the Earth is flat and at each end of the world is a row of mountains to keep people from falling off the Earth. Between the mountains, the whole of the Earth belonged to their god and thus belonged to them. They would call this the house of peace (dar al salam)so long as all the peoples were all believers. If nonbelievers existed then it was their job as believers to get rid of the nonbelievers and thus the land was called the House of War (Dar al harb). Until the land is once again cleansed of unbelievers it will always be dal al harb - House of War. Thus jihad was born and evidenced to cleanse the world of unbelievers through the practice of five pillars of islam and dawa. Those who do not say the shahada shall pay the jizyah with humility until they either convert or no longer useful and summarily put to death. And now you know the rest of the story.....   

Edited by Theseus

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

This will blow your mind. Flat Earth theory wasn't a theory in KSA. It was taught as fact into the late 80's. Personal computers appeared on the scene and the KSA could not keep teaching the theory anymore. In the Quran, I long ago forgot the exact verse or it might be the hadiths the point is it has religious authority backing deemed to come from the mouth of god who does not have a mouth but I digress, the story goes that the Earth is flat and at each end of the world is a row of mountains to keep people from falling off the Earth. Between the mountains, the whole of the Earth belonged to their god and thus belonged to them. They would call this the house of peace (dar al salam)so long as all the peoples were all believers. If nonbelievers existed then it was their job as believers to get rid of the nonbelievers and thus the land was called the House of War (Dar al harb). Until the land is once again cleansed of unbelievers it will always be dal al harb - House of War. Thus jihad was born and evidenced to cleanse the world of unbelievers through the practice of five pillars of islam and dawa. Those who do not say the shahada shall pay the jizyah with humility until they either convert or no longer useful and summarily put to death. And now you know the rest of the story.....   

Thanks Theseus. All I can say is that it never ceases to amaze me what people will believe when it comes to religion or politics. :lol:

Some of what you wrote is not just a belief in Islam or its many sects, but some of it are beliefs within other abrahamic religions. If their gods fail

to do what they want them to do, then the easy way to cover their many lies is to start killing those they deem as "unworthy" to save face.

It is a real tragedy across the board often over nonsense and of course...they always say that their god told them to do this.

Edited by Jim1cor13

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

Interesting...I will have to look into this. Thanks for the info. I did not know it was taught back in the 80's...my formidable Jr High and High School years were in the 80's, and I don't recall ever having a discussion around whether or not the Earth was flat. 

Indy 

• Upvote 2