Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Five years later .. Nujaifi reveals the "real cause" of the fall of Mosul

Wiljor

1 minute ago, ChuckFinley said:

Morning Wiljor and Synopsis.  Hopefully we are really going to finish this up soon. The longer this drag out the better change that casualties add up.  Let's get this done ASAP.  :twothumbs:

Top Of The Morning To You, ChuckFinley :tiphat:!

With the urgency placed earlier on the finalizing of the Mosul operations to free all of Mosul from ISIS control, I suspect the Western Mosul fighting will continue into Ramadan - at least somewhat. With the day time temperatures on the rise, the operations may shift more toward night time and early morning. During Ramadan, they can hydrate right after sundown, eat a good meal, and get back after the remaining nasty ISIS. Hopefully, the recent 350 remaining ISIS in the remainder of the ISIS held areas is accurate and strongly on the decrease. I suspect there will be one (maybe a couple more) last stand areas where ISIS will put up a ferocious fight until they run out off munitions or keel over from fatigue. If all of the Nuri Mosque and surrounding area is taken, I suspect the little remaining ISIS morale will be gone and the ultra raw and brute annihilistic animal will come out accelerating their demise. Pretty sure the IDF has a pretty good idea of the remaining hard core ISIS and can't wait to annihilate them as War Honor Prizes. Hey, pretty sure at least some of the IDF want to be noted famously and heroically in the history books!

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Go, Go, Go Moola Nova (YEAH, BABY)!!!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 5

Iraqi forces invade Mosul’s Islamic State-held Old City  through 3 districts

a46ed14a8c1d95162d7b6827eedc1639?s=80&d= Mohamed Mostafa May 27, 2017, 9:35 am

SHARES

Members of Iraqi rapid response forces are pictured during clashes with Islamic State militants in Mosul, Iraq March 13, 2017. REUTERS/Azad Lashkari

Report Ad

Mosul (IraqiNews.com) Iraqi government forces invaded Islamic State’s last bastion in western Mosul’s Old City Saturday through three districts as operation near the elimination of the extremist group from its proclaimed capital.

The Defense Ministry’s War Media Cell, quoting the Joint Operations Command, said joint forces invaded “the remaining non-liberated districts in western Mosul, invading al-Shefa, al-Jamhouri Hospital, Zanjili and al-Sihha al-Oula.

Federal Police chief, Lt. Gen. Shaker Jawdat, said his forces passed the third of Mosul’s five main bridges linking the western side with the east above the Tigris River towards the Old City.

Jawdat said he was confident his forces were able to win the battle as IS starts to lose control over areas near the Hadbaa (leaning) Minaret, referring to the mosque where IS supreme leader declared in 2014 the establishment of the group’s “caliphate” in Iraq.

Zanjili district, western Mosul (google maps)

A few hours earlier, Iraqi warplanes dropped leaflets on the area urging civilians to exit, signalling the approach of the final encounter.

Iraqi commanders had predicted the battle against IS in Mosul to end before the holy month of Ramadan, which started Saturday.

Earlier this month, the Iraqi command said it moved towards the Old City from the northwest, having besieged the area for weeks from the south.

The United Nations warned last week that 200,000 more civilians could flee Mosul as the battles reach the Old City.

Federal Police said Thursday they opened safe exits for civilians from the ancient area.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/iraqi-forces-invade-mosuls-islamic-state-held-old-city-3-districts/

Edited by King Bean
  • Upvote 2

The FINAL push ???

Video: Iraqi army storms last 3 enclaves held by ISIS in Mosul

May 27 2017 03:34 PM
Iraqi Army in Mosul
Iraqi Army in Mosul

The Iraqi Army Forces stormed the last three enclaves held by ISIS in the right bank of Mosul, Zanjili district, Al-Saha al-Oula neighborhood, and Mosul's Old City, a video obtained by the Baghdad Post revealed Saturday.

In a statement, the commander of Nineveh Operations “We are coming, Nineveh” stated the Iraqi Army stormed al Saha al Awla neighborhood and Jumhouriyah Hospital while the Iraqi Federal Police stormed Zanjili district, and the Iraqi Counterterrorism forces attacked Al-Saha al-Oula neighborhood.  

This comes as the Iraqi forces, aided by the US-led coalition, launched a major offensive to drive ISIS terrorists out of Mosul.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/11188/Video-Iraqi-army-storms-last-3-enclaves-held-by-ISIS-in-Mosul

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Top Of The Morning To You, ChuckFinley :tiphat:!

With the urgency placed earlier on the finalizing of the Mosul operations to free all of Mosul from ISIS control, I suspect the Western Mosul fighting will continue into Ramadan - at least somewhat. With the day time temperatures on the rise, the operations may shift more toward night time and early morning. During Ramadan, they can hydrate right after sundown, eat a good meal, and get back after the remaining nasty ISIS. Hopefully, the recent 350 remaining ISIS in the remainder of the ISIS held areas is accurate and strongly on the decrease. I suspect there will be one (maybe a couple more) last stand areas where ISIS will put up a ferocious fight until they run out off munitions or keel over from fatigue. If all of the Nuri Mosque and surrounding area is taken, I suspect the little remaining ISIS morale will be gone and the ultra raw and brute annihilistic animal will come out accelerating their demise. Pretty sure the IDF has a pretty good idea of the remaining hard core ISIS and can't wait to annihilate them as War Honor Prizes. Hey, pretty sure at least some of the IDF want to be noted famously and heroically in the history books!

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Go, Go, Go Moola Nova (YEAH, BABY)!!!

It's a pity their troops can't suspend the rules of Ramadan for a few days so they can eat/drink during daylight and have a big advantage over Isis..  Make those cockroaches come out and fight in the hot sun without water :banhammer:

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, King Bean said:

The FINAL push ???

Video: Iraqi army storms last 3 enclaves held by ISIS in Mosul

May 27 2017 03:34 PM
Iraqi Army in Mosul
Iraqi Army in Mosul

The Iraqi Army Forces stormed the last three enclaves held by ISIS in the right bank of Mosul, Zanjili district, Al-Saha al-Oula neighborhood, and Mosul's Old City, a video obtained by the Baghdad Post revealed Saturday.

In a statement, the commander of Nineveh Operations “We are coming, Nineveh” stated the Iraqi Army stormed al Saha al Awla neighborhood and Jumhouriyah Hospital while the Iraqi Federal Police stormed Zanjili district, and the Iraqi Counterterrorism forces attacked Al-Saha al-Oula neighborhood.  

This comes as the Iraqi forces, aided by the US-led coalition, launched a major offensive to drive ISIS terrorists out of Mosul.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/11188/Video-Iraqi-army-storms-last-3-enclaves-held-by-ISIS-in-Mosul

Great film clip King Bean ! 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

It's a pity their troops can't suspend the rules of Ramadan for a few days so they can eat/drink during daylight and have a big advantage over Isis..  Make those cockroaches come out and fight in the hot sun without water :banhammer:

Apparently, the fasting of liquids and food can be suspended for medical reasons. I wonder if, "This fighting of ISIS is making me really, really sick!!!"can be used to keep hydrated and fed until ISIS is fully eradicated from Mosul as a "medical" "cure" for the IDF?

:o    :o    :o

Hope So!!!

7 minutes ago, nannab said:

Oh this is so done !  YES :woot::woot:   Thank you synopsis :twothumbs:

I am with you, NannaB! :woot::woot:

:backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

Go Moola Nova!

12 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Google 'Exceptions to Ramadan.' I think you will find it interesting. Who knows what is going on over there, though?

Edited by bkeiller
punctuation for clarity
  • Upvote 4

Here is one that should fit.

5 – Intense hunger and thirst 

If a person is overtaken by intense hunger or unbearable thirst, then he should break his fast and eat just as much as he needs to ward off that hunger, then he should refrain from eating for the rest of the day, and make up that fast later on. 

The scholars added to intense hunger and thirst the fear of weakness when meeting the enemy, or fearing or expecting an attack, such as when one is surrounded. So if a fighter knows for sure or thinks it most likely that there will be fighting because he is facing the enemy, and he fears that fasting may make him weak when fighting, and he is not traveling, then he may break his fast before fighting. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ChuckFinley said:

If a person is overtaken by intense hunger or unbearable thirst, then he should break his fast and eat just as much as he needs to ward off that hunger, then he should refrain from eating for the rest of the day, and make up that fast later on. 

The scholars added to intense hunger and thirst the fear of weakness when meeting the enemy, or fearing or expecting an attack, such as when one is surrounded. So if a fighter knows for sure or thinks it most likely that there will be fighting because he is facing the enemy, and he fears that fasting may make him weak when fighting, and he is not traveling, then he may break his fast before fighting. 

Get your snack on, then out to kick some. Make up for Ramadan, even after Ramadan, by honoring the Ramadan.

[Sorry for the 'Marklar. Marklar.' ... any SouthPark fans.]

10 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

There are several situations were fasting is waved. I will try to find them.  Being pregnant and beast feeding are some. Thanks Synopsis and nannab.  Like seeing those gains.  :bravo:

5 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Thank You, ChuckFinley - Great Info, too!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Apparently, the fasting of liquids and food can be suspended for medical reasons. I wonder if, "This fighting of ISIS is making me really, really sick!!!"can be used to keep hydrated and fed until ISIS is fully eradicated from Mosul as a "medical" "cure" for the IDF?

:o    :o    :o

Hope So!!!

I am with you, NannaB! :woot::woot:

:backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

Go Moola Nova!

Brilliant!  :bravo:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Hope Your Weekend Is Going Your Way, Half Crazy Runner - All The Best!

Go Moola Nova!

Thank you Synopsis! All is good in my corner! Already enjoying the holiday weekend & more plans with the family in the next couple of days, including some pool time & BBQ! 

Have a great & safe holiday!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Morning Wiljor and Synopsis.  Hopefully we are really going to finish this up soon. The longer this drag out the better change that casualties add up.  Let's get this done ASAP.  :twothumbs:

Good afternoon Chuck, looks like they are on the final few blocks to wrap this up. Lots happening news wise right now and hopefully soon we all can meet and celebrate with our free Iraqi brothers and sisters. I can see those umbrella drinks already 😀 Wait.......... I'm having one now 😇 Actually I'm up here in Toronto visiting family, but check in every once in a while here in DV. 

A super day up to you bro ✌️

• Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Five years later .. Nujaifi reveals the "real cause" of the fall of Mosul
  • yota691 featured this topic
  • yota691 pinned this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic