Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump to deliver verdict on Paris climate deal as world fears US pullout

12 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I completely agree, the earth will recover. Much like our bodies fight off infection, to the earth mankind is a virus and is making the earth sick. Sucking the life out of it by deforestation, burning fossil fuels, planting nuclear waste in the ground or whatever else you can think of the earth will eradicate us. Within the timeline of the earth's billions of years of history we (mankind) are simply a blip on the screen. Like many things in recorded history we will come and we will go.

As for you not believing the oceans are rising, well I guess you can live in denial of simple factual numbers. But if you do own beachfront property in Florida, I would be taking out flood insurance if I were you....

B/A

Again you have missed my point...I don't deny the oceans are rising...I do deny that there is deterministic evidence that man is causing this. Why is it that a Liberal can't take the next logical step that there are other factors to what we may be seeing other than Man? This is where we part ways. 

What is this mindset? A Religion? Why is it that anyone who makes the claim that there are other factors other than Man are cast as Deniers? 

Indy

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Indraman said:

Again you have missed my point...I don't deny the oceans are rising...I do deny that there is deterministic evidence that man is causing this. Why is it that a Liberal can't take the next logical step that there are other factors to what we may be seeing other than Man? This is where we part ways. 

What is this mindset? A Religion? Why is it that anyone who makes the claim that there are other factors other than Man are cast as Deniers? 

Indy

No No.....Fox News is a religion.  And nobody is denying there are other factors (natural ones) at play, as well......So why should man give nature's natural course of action a booster shot?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

18 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

I will back up Shabby Wabby...he has been here as long as I can remember. We have spoke of the DInar in the past on threads....I read the Yota posts but even I only post pics...we are all a little jaded at times....comes and goes.

Proud to call him friend

Sorry, Fur Ball....I got side tracked.  You have always treated me with the utmost respect and I too am proud to call you friend.....In fact I can hardly contain myself, give me a hug.  :)

tumblr_o56756isRQ1v4tzgfo1_400.gif

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Indraman said:

Indy

I think the point is we can do better... We have technology to eliminate fossil fuels, if not completely at least dramatically, and yet people want coal, oil etc... We can do better and help the environment. If you see a fire, you don't put it out with gasoline... Although some here would deny gasoline actually burns.

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

EU to bypass Trump administration after Paris climate agreement pullout

Brussels rejects Trump’s offer to renegotiate landmark deal, as global politicians, business leaders and US state governors criticise president

Daniel Boffey in Brussels, Kate Connolly in Berlin, Oliver Milman and David Smith

Friday 2 June 2017 13.08 BST

3068.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=f263f92a063ded2df8df05db641504d9
Chinese premier Li Keqiang (right) with European commission president Jean-Claude Juncker. Both spoke of a commitment to tackling global warming.
Photograph: Francois Lenoir/Reuters

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/02/european-leaders-vow-to-keep-fighting-global-warming-despite-us-withdrawal

The Republicans who urged Trump to pull out of Paris deal are big oil darlings

Twenty-two senators wrote a letter to the president when he was said to be on the fence about backing out. They received more than $10m from oil, gas and coal companies the past three election cycles

Tom McCarthy in New York and Lauren Gambino in Washington

Thursday 1 June 2017 11.00 BST

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=1eb1cf7f5a4b8a7843e62a906a5ff23b
James Inhofe: climate change’s biggest enemy in the Senate, and the co-author of the letter.
Photograph: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/01/republican-senators-paris-climate-deal-energy-donations

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pittsburgh fires back at Trump: we stand with Paris, not you

Trump said ‘I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris’ – but city’s mayor retorts: ‘We stand with the world and will follow the agreement’

Lauren Gambino in Washington

Thursday 1 June 2017 23.33 BST

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/01/pittsburgh-fires-back-trump-paris-agreement

• Downvote 1

THE LORD MONCKTON FOUNDATION

See our Charter and Vision (HERE). With your help, encouragement and input, we will bring many projects to fruition and together with you and others, we will make a positive difference in Education, Science, Public Policy and the Media. Our aim is to reverse the trend into a new Authoritarian Dark Age by establishing the Age of Enlightenment 2.0.

We have only recently become a registered Charitable Institution to support the work of Lord Monckton in better educating the public on matters of great importance to our democratic traditions, science based civilisation and civil way of life.

Introducing the global warming speedometer

A single devastating graph shows official climate predictions were wild

By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley

The new global warming speedometer shows in a single telling graph just how badly the model-based predictions made by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change have over-predicted global warming.

rnddot.gifChristopher_Monckton_Speedometer_2016051

The speedometer for the 15 years 4 months January 2001 to April 2016 shows the [1.1, 4.2] C°/century-equivalent interval of global warming rates (red/orange) that IPCC’s 1990, 1995 and 2001 reports predicted should be occurring by now, compared with real-world, observed warming (green) equivalent to less than 0.5 C°/century over the period.

Observed reality

RSS and UAH monthly near-global satellite lower-troposphere temperature anomaly values for each month from January 2001 to April 2016 were assumed to be broadly accurate and were averaged. The least-squares linear-regression trend on their mean was determined and found equivalent to 0.47 C°/century.

Predictions in IPCC’s Assessment Reports

IPCC (2007, 2013) are too recent to allow reliable comparison of their predictions against reality.

IPCC (2001), on page 8, predicted that in the 36 years 1990-2025 the world would warm by 0.75 [0.4, 1.1] C°, equivalent to 2.1 [1.1, 3.1] C°/century. This predicted interval is 4.5 [2.3, 6.6] times observed warming since January 2001.

IPCC (1995), at fig. 6.13, assuming the subsequently-observed 0.5%-per-year increase in atmospheric CO2 concentration, predicted a medium-term warming rate a little below 0.4 C° over 21 years, equivalent to 1.8 C°/century,  or 3.8 times observed warming since January 2001.

IPCC (1990), at page xxiv, predicted near-linear global warming of 1.0 [0.7, 1.5] C° over the 36 years to 2025, a rate equivalent to 2.8 [1.9, 4.2] C°/century. This predicted interval is 6.0 [4.0, 8.9] times observed warming since January 2001.

Conclusion

Fifteen years is long enough to verify the predictions from IPCC’s first three Assessment Reports against real-world temperature change measured by the most sophisticated method available – satellites.

The visible discrepancy between wild predictions and harmless reality since January 2001 demonstrates that the major climate models on which governments have relied in setting their mitigation policies are unfit for their purpose. Removing the exaggerations inbuilt into the models eradicates the supposed climate problem.

The real-world evidence shows that global warming mitigation policies are based on predictions now exposed as having been flagrantly and baselessly exaggerated.

All global-warming mitigation policies should be forthwith abandoned and their heavy cost returned at once to taxpayers by way of cuts in energy taxes and charges.

Industries such as coal mining and generation should be fully compensated for the needless loss and damage that ill-considered government policies inflicted on them.

Subsidies for global warming research should be ended and IPCC dissolved.

• Upvote 8

19 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

I will back up Shabby Wabby...he has been here as long as I can remember. We have spoke of the DInar in the past on threads....I read the Yota posts but even I only post pics...we are all a little jaded at times....comes and goes.

Proud to call him friend

I am right there with you Snow, great post. I'm one of the oddballs that never allow politics or religious fantasies to dictate how I view

or who I call a friend. If people would just understand how those tools are used we would not be such a divided people.

Hey Shabs, hope you are doing well my friend. :)

• Upvote 3

Climate runs in cycles, and some found a way to try and profit off of scaring people and that

always works when fear is preached. People tend to depend upon those who keep them in a state of fear.

Having said that, there are many responsible things humanity could do to take better care of this rock

we live on, but greed clouds the picture. Temps change, weather changes, and the simple fact is

we could all do small acts to make sure we take care of our surroundings, but to say man is causing

it all is a guilt trip that has little basis in reality. There are far more natural events that can alter these

issues. Pollution does not help, of course, and places like China and India are some of the worst offenders

with pollution and they should do their share in reducing it, not just the US or others.

Personally, I think "global warming" is a religion to some, and a very definite way for groups to profit from

their hype and scare tactics. At some point, we all must learn to think for ourselves, instead of allowing

others to think for us. It always causes problems when we stop asking questions and thinking critically,

as it opens the door to believing too much nonsense and then people fight about it.

• Upvote 3

There is NO way the U.S. Taxpayers GIVING BILLIONS & BILLIONS of Dollars to "under-developed" countries is going to

have any impact on climate change -- natural or otherwise.

The Paris Accord was / is a RUSE perpetrated by globalists for wealth re-distribution and to hamper the U.S. supposedly to

allow other countries to play catch-up -- NOTHING MORE.

Except that down the road - had we signed on -

we WOULD BE BOUND - we could be SUED - and FORCED to hand over even MORE BILLIONS !

Thus completing the take-down the globalists had planned for US all along.

Look, even lefty "climate gurus" have called the Accord a bust, calling it poorly drafted.

It has NOTHING to do with "climate change"... zero - zilch - nada...!

Every country who jumped into it has their hand out FOR OUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS -- PERIOD.

And it'll all end up where most of our well-intentioned hand-outs has always gone -- into the pockets of political deviants.

Past history proves U.S. Aid / Loans to these greedy basturds are not re-paid to US.  Not even the interest !

This "Accord" is a new-fangled snake-oil designed to separate US from our money is all.

( In their greedy eyes - we're still just a bunch of rich gringos who need to pay for our success & Freedoms.)

Not unlike ho'bummer's Green Energy Programs & Gore's "carbon footprint" ruse,

this is a bait n' switch act of outright THEFT.

So we call :bs:  

Trump did the right thing.

If all you hair-on-fire-the-world-is-ending climate freaks wanna save the planet,

the "Paris Accord" supposedly tells you how... so start handing over all YOUR money now.

You'll never see it again -- much less ever see any good come out of it.

Then we'll point at you, laugh and tell you again what a bunch of gullible morons you are.

• Upvote 7

If the DAMN Paris Agreement was the save the planet medicine that the world needed, why didn't our great leader OBUMMER, present it to the Senate for ratification as a treaty that we would be bound by?. Instead, he knew it to be the piece of GARBAGE that it has been shown to be and thus just signed us up on his own, because he knew the Senate would not buy the ruse and he had to get his wealth redistribution plan in motion as soon as the first opportunity presented itself, so he could start putting America in it's place in the world.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

I am right there with you Snow, great post. I'm one of the oddballs that never allow politics or religious fantasies to dictate how I view

or who I call a friend. If people would just understand how those tools are used we would not be such a divided people.

Hey Shabs, hope you are doing well my friend. :)

Been doing fantastic, Jim.  The weather has finally turned beautiful, sun is shining, got the rose bushes planted and miracle fed......with this 0.4 degrees of additional global warming they should take root rather quickly.  jk  :D  It's always refreshing to have you come around and be the voice of solid reason without all of the additional hubbub.  Keep up the good work my friend.  I hope summer finds you and yours healthy, wealthy and well, I already know you're wise....I can only assume your family is no different.   :peace:

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

If the DAMN Paris Agreement was the save the planet medicine that the world needed, why didn't our great leader OBUMMER, present it to the Senate for ratification as a treaty that we would be bound by?. Instead, he knew it to be the piece of GARBAGE that it has been shown to be and thus just signed us up on his own, because he knew the Senate would not buy the ruse and he had to get his wealth redistribution plan in motion as soon as the first opportunity presented itself, so he could start putting America in it's place in the world.

***///

Exactly. 

That globalist tool... little sniveling coward who bows down to every other country, apologizing for the Country that made him rich,

groveling like the little slave he is, didn't DARE put it to the American People --

because WE THE  PEOPLE would have demanded details and answers !

The lying little cheat tried to pull a fast one like ho'bummer-lack-o-care  -- "wanna see what's in it..? Sign on to it first."

Why do ya think all the other countries are squawking so loudly...?

Because they know darned well it was a ruse to ROB US YET AGAIN and they won't pay for it themselves.

• Upvote 2

HYPOCRITES: 1700 Private Jets Fly Into Davos To Discuss “Climate Change”

Posted on June 2, 2017 

The globalist elite are flying in by the thousands (and paying $40,000 just to get a seat) to attend the “World Economic Forum in Davos – a hodgepodge of international leaders, mega-rich business interests, and a sprinkling of celebrities whose money comes from those mega-rich business interests.

Topic #1 is said to be the threat of “climate change” which is actually code for the threat of Donald Trump who just this week took a much appreciated “America First” approach to international agreements.

image: http://media.breitbart.com/media/2015/01/private-jet-AP-640x480.jpg

private-jet-AP-640x480.jpg

1700 private jets is an atrocity for anyone who genuinely feels alarmed by “climate change.”

Just one private jet flight from New York to Paris produces more CO2 than the typical American produces in an entire year.

If these people were truly concerned about “climate change” why the use of 1700 private jets? Why the high-priced meals with items like Kobe Beef and salmon flown in from across the globe? Why the $40000 cost to attend?

It’s a hoax. A scam. A money-shifting chess game whereby international corporations and anti-American nations are hoping to play upon the fears and emotions of the simple-minded that human beings can actually alter the weather over the next century even as we struggle to predict the weather next week.

Wake up. Get real. And tell these anti-American globalists to go to hell. They can take one of their private jets. That way they don’t have to wait in line.

• Upvote 12

13 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I think the point is we can do better... We have technology to eliminate fossil fuels, if not completely at least dramatically, and yet people want coal, oil etc... We can do better and help the environment. If you see a fire, you don't put it out with gasoline... Although some here would deny gasoline actually burns.

B/A

Then why do the Librocrats B and scream because our POTUS wants to export more of the cleaner fuels and technology that this country has created. Oh yeah, they represent the apologetic types that are ashamed of the initiativeness and innovations that this country has developed.  They would rather keep the solar away from "3rd world countries" cuz if they don't they cannot then continue to make money off of technologies they want to ban in this country.  Trump is going to develop ALL forms of clean fuels to power the US, and the technologies that developed them, and then export them to the world. Just in a manner that does not disadvantage the USA and it's workers. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

These idiots don't want us to be the world's Policeman, but with the backroom dirty deals they sneak down our throats, on account of chicken schmidts cannot be upfront about  what  they really are doing. They get into deals that make us the worlds piggy bank.  Taking your hard earned money, and my hard earned money via our taxes and giving it away. Over 3 trillion dollars committed to the former climate agreement countries such as France, Germany, and South Korea; and more. All before those with the largest carbon ( poisonous chemical) foot print ever have to do anything, if they ever feel like they may actually like to so anything to drop the world CO2 levels. So no wonder these countries are screaming at us and Trump now. Countries that are no longer 3rd world or developing anyway, India and China. Trump is correct, if they all want us in the agreement do your fair share, and pay your fair share. We ain't your cash cow anymore, no matter what negative names towards us you may utter . 

• Upvote 5

On 6/2/2017 at 7:14 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Once again O' so brilliant one let me do the thinking for both of us.  Had you thought the concept through rather than go into typical shut down like any average denier/flat lander, you would have realized the plight of the hypothetical whale in question.  Due to the irresponsible abuse to our atmosphere by "bottom line" industrialists throughout the world, the climate slowly changes, in turn heats and cools differently, yet regionally, thus ice caps and remaining glaciers recede...oceans warm and rise...the "whales" habitat changes and forces relocation...perhaps to waters inundated in toxic and or even nuclear waste...these waters may indeed contain the millions of acres plastic islands circling our globe (same would happen in a fantasy flat world)...thus the "whale" in question may ingest said plastic refuse before ending up on George's dining room table.  Now before your head completely explodes, keep this in mind....deniers claim any change to the climate is cyclical, such as ice ages.  They gleaned this information from scientific proof yet deny the word of those scientists now because their wallets now call the shots and they hate their children and their children's children.  How's that for STFU, Mensa?B)

GO RV, then BV

Quite the ramble, too bad it made no sense.  I am from Kansas, and it is known as the “flat plains”, so you did get something almost right calling me a flat lander, but the rest of your diatribe was not up to your normal snuff.  Since you rarely demonstrate the ability to think for yourself, I seriously doubt you are capable of thinking for the both of us.  You do demonstrate the SOP of true believers though, name calling, denigrating, and refusal to discuss facts just to name a few.  I especially like the way you attempt to pre-emptily remove a point of discussion that true believers cannot discuss, that being the climate has changed slowly and radically over the eons without any influence from man.

Once again, you should have taken your advice to me and thought your response through, or perhaps you did and this feeble attempt at character assassination this is the best defense you have.  Your (made up number of) 98% of the scientific high priests of the AGW Church who perpetuate the fraud have no response when asked simple questions like “What caused the glaciers in the first place?”  What caused them to repeatedly receded and expand before the industrial age?”  Your Big Brain Brad

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/772826/Brett.PNG

Mensa-like response to these questions are (and I directly quote from above) “Due to the irresponsible abuse to our atmosphere by bottom line industrialists throughout the world, the climate slowly changes…”.  So tell me true believer, what caused all climate changes before the industrial revolution?  Or are you saying there was no climate change before man polluted the earth?  Now that I think about it, you remind me more of

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ni26E3Q1f24/VvqvxbKEIRI/AAAAAAAAgIk/89VzdQ3qmxIQqfdwG7DoDAufHnsyEbk8A/s1600/Screenshot%2B2016-03-29%2Bat%2B9.39.10%2BAM.png

Fredo claiming to be smart while demonstrating the opposite, than Big Brain Brad.

Unlike other subjects where you state you must defer to the powers that be to tell you what to think you seem to have this subject all figured out.  You couldn’t render an opinion on whether Hildabeast broke the law because you are not a lawyer.  You could not render an opinion on the 9th Circus disregarding the law on the immigration ruling because you are not a judge.  Since you have no problem opining on the subject of man made global warming I guess you are secretly an environmental scientist, who knew, I thought you were a surveyor working for Family Feud or something.  Since you do worship at the Church of AGW, can you tell me if your congregation has ever admitted to the fraud exposed by the East Anglia email hack?  Or have the high priests come up with a lame excuse as to why the fraud exposed should be ignored?

I would love to have an actual debate / discussion of the facts with a true believer, but since it seems to be forbidden by the Church, I will have to settle with pointing out how flawed and bereft of fact and thought the typical true believers arguments are.  Thanks for proving the point, and keep in mind that when you respond you are directly impacting the environment negatively because of all the pollution generated to make the computer you are using, produce the energy needed, cable and power lines, and the list goes on and on.  Not the least of which would be the act of respiration.  Why it is that none of the true believer hypocrites will do their part to help and just stop breathing? 

• Upvote 9