Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Small Denoms are being Issued at Military Finance Offices

Chief V

Thank you to all in Iraq and Chief for helping us out in so many ways!

Bigfoot68 if you were a betting man and you thought it was gong to rv this week, which day would you bet on?

PS. bigfoot when this rv's i'll be buying bulls season tickets and booing the heat every chance I get. No offense but you know work for the most hated team in sports. Should be a fun season.

I did go to the Army Finance office today. The Soldier I spoke to said they do have the small denoms, including the 1/2 Dinar. However, he said he only deals with the large denoms and that the Soldier that handles the small stuff is taking a class for the next 2 days. I found that to be pretty strange. Why would they have one person for small denoms and another for the large? The Soldier I talked to didn't have much info so I will go back on Friday and try to find out. If they have them I will buy some and post pics (unless Chief beats me to it). Either way I'll let you guys know.

Sorry that's all I could find out today.

CDB and Chief, beleive I read that it is important if someone can determine if coins (fils) have been made and at the banks. Is it possile to look for those as well?

Thanks for everything!

G

i am out processing for R&R tomorrow, so i will try and make it down to have my Eagle Cash card fixed, as well as stopping by the iraqi bank if theyre still open when i come back that way.

since i am new to the dinar, specifically, which notes/coins ought i inquire about?

• Upvote 1

i am out processing for R&R tomorrow, so i will try and make it down to have my Eagle Cash card fixed, as well as stopping by the iraqi bank if theyre still open when i come back that way.

since i am new to the dinar, specifically, which notes/coins ought i inquire about?

CDB, look at comment # 194 on page 10 of this post, SuperflyJr states: "

If we want a large RV of the type we're all dreaming of then we need FILS coins to be released which are 1/1000 of a dinar. Basically we need to see pennies, nickels, and dimes in addition to small bills."

Hope that helps! and Enjoy your R&R.

G

since i am new to the dinar, specifically, which notes/coins ought i inquire about

CDB, look at comment # 194 on page 10 of this post, SuperflyJr states: "If we want a large RV of the type we're all dreaming of then we need FILS coins to be released which are 1/1000 of a dinar. Basically we need to see pennies, nickels, and dimes in addition to small bills."

Quite right.

The CBI website shows the existence of 50 dinar bills and above, as well as 25 & 100 dinar coins. (http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Banknotes) Basically we need to see any dinar bills below 50 (1, 5, 10, 20, etc or even 1/4, 1/2). It'd also be nice to see what are known as fils coins which are 1/1000th of a dinar such as 1 fils, 10 fils, 25 fils, etc.

So any dinar bill below 50 and any fils coins (not dinar coins). Thanks Knight Owl for your help and your service! :tiphat:

• Upvote 1

I did go to the Army Finance office today. The Soldier I spoke to said they do have the small denoms, including the 1/2 Dinar. However, he said he only deals with the large denoms and that the Soldier that handles the small stuff is taking a class for the next 2 days. I found that to be pretty strange. Why would they have one person for small denoms and another for the large? The Soldier I talked to didn't have much info so I will go back on Friday and try to find out. If they have them I will buy some and post pics (unless Chief beats me to it). Either way I'll let you guys know.

Thank you CDB, an additional confirmation is quite comforting. I'll see if I can find the article on Odierno stating all bases will go to Dinars by Aug. 1st, seems we still have some naysayers out there. No rush to see who gets their denoms posted first...lol. It's going to be a week before I can get mine as they're out where my guy is at...lol

Thanks again,

V

Quite right.

The CBI website shows the existence of 50 dinar bills and above, as well as 25 & 100 dinar coins. (http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Banknotes) Basically we need to see any dinar bills below 50 (1, 5, 10, 20, etc or even 1/4, 1/2). It'd also be nice to see what are known as fils coins which are 1/1000th of a dinar such as 1 fils, 10 fils, 25 fils, etc.

So any dinar bill below 50 and any fils coins (not dinar coins). Thanks Knight Owl for your help and your service! :tiphat:

Fil coins are already out there.. I have some!! Every Iraqi household has jars full of fil coins.. all they have to do is make them legal to use again!

This is promising since the soldier at the Army Finance,

told cdb that they do have small denoms at that Army Finance and they include the 1/2 Dinar.

Now if we could get some verification of the fils coins and their values that would be great.

• Upvote 2

Fil coins are already out there.. I have some!! Every Iraqi household has jars full of fil coins.. all they have to do is make them legal to use again!

Blogo69, I believe we are looking for fil that are 2004 or newer.

How old are the ones you have and what denomination?

G

:D In an effort to decrease the use of U.S. currency and stabilize the Iraqi economy, Gen. Raymond T. Odierno, commander of U.S. Forces – Iraq, has directed leadership on all enduring bases in Iraq to solicit, select and establish Iraqi banks on their installations.

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Bank of Baghdad to Open in Mosul [iraq]

13th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary)Story by Sgt. Chad Menegay

07.02.2010 MOSUL, Iraq — In an effort to decrease the use of U.S. currency and stabilize the Iraqi economy, Gen. Raymond T. Odierno, commander of U.S. Forces – Iraq, has directed leadership on all enduring bases in Iraq to solicit, select and establish Iraqi banks on their installations.

In accordance, Maj. Tommie Stevens, Contingency Operating Base Marez/Diamondback, Iraq mayor and executive officer with the Regional Fires Squadron, 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment, 13th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) and a Sherwood, Tenn., native, came to an agreement with Leila Anan Yeyia, executive manager for the Bank of Baghdad board, June 22 at COB Marez.

“This is an effort to reduce the amount of dollars that the United States has got floating around here in Iraq and to strengthen the Iraqi dinar,” Stevens said. “It’s important for Iraq to strengthen its currency.”

The Bank of Baghdad, a U.S. Treasury-approved bank

that operates 25 branches across the country, chose a pre-existing building at COB Diamondback to renovate. The location is near the Mosul International Airport.

“Once the (Hercules Engineering Solutions Consortium) barriers and ‘T-walls’ are removed, it will be a very well-placed location for that bank to operate for the citizens of Mosul,” Stevens said.

Yeyia said it might take only a couple months to open the bank’s doors to the COB Marez/Diamondback public.

“The bank opening will create jobs,” she said. “There will be a lot of people involved in this facility. This is an opportunity for the economy to grow in the city of Mosul,” Yeyia said.

Stevens said the bank will give the the local nationals and foreign nationals the opportunities to make safe deposits, electronic funds transfers, electronically wire money home, open lines of credit, buy goods and electronically sell those goods.

“In Iraq we have a huge problem in how we manage our cash flow,” Yeyia said. “The facilitation of credit to vendors and local people is important, as are ATMs, EFTs, and point of sale devices. We use these systems to ensure the security of money. To facilitate the cash flow and economy of Iraq is one of the most needed things to do in our country.”

Stevens said there is no doubt that the opening of this bank will have an impact on stabilizing Iraq.

“I care how this benefits the citizens of Mosul,” Stevens said. “I think any soldier who serves the U.S. military cares about what our initiatives are, what our goals are, what we’re doing here. I think strengthening the Iraqi dinar is very important for the stability of Iraq. Everything we do at this point is to strengthen the government and people of Iraq, to get them unified and get that national identity back that they need to exist as a country.”

http://waronterrornews.typepad.com/home/2010/07/bank-of-baghdad-to-open-in-mosul-iraq.html Associated Images

• Upvote 4

Thank you CDB, an additional confirmation is quite comforting. I'll see if I can find the article on Odierno stating all bases will go to Dinars by Aug. 1st, seems we still have some naysayers out there. No rush to see who gets their denoms posted first...lol. It's going to be a week before I can get mine as they're out where my guy is at...lol

Thanks again,

V

I googled the heck out of it and found it. I think I know how those dinars are getting on the bases, when the Iraqi Banks are established on the bases, the dinar appear; and when that happens probably most americans are relocated and never see it. So imo, you and your friends are correct.smile.gif

I googled the heck out of it and found it. I think I know how those dinars are getting on the bases, when the Iraqi Banks are established on the bases, the dinar appear; and when that happens probably most americans are relocated and never see it. So imo, you and your friends are correct.smile.gif

Iraq News

US Forces confer Bucca Camp to Iraq

Monday, July 12, 2010 13:43 GMT US Forces delivered half of Bucca Camp to the Iraqi authorities. The delivered part includes a big station to purify underground water and to treat heavy water in addition to a complete camp for training that is dedicated for Iraq Navy forces. Partial Change of Command Ceremony included bringing down the US flag and raising the Iraqi flag along with army music and in the presence of Iraq Tribes leaders and sheikhs as well as the Security Forces leaders and Local Officials in Um Kasr region. The delegation of the local government said that the change of command ceremony took place according to the Security Agreement between the Iraqi and US governments pointing that the camp will be transformed into a center to serve Al Basra citizens. http://alsumaria.tv/en/Iraq-News/1-51652-US-Forces-confer-Bucca-Camp-to-Iraq.html

• Upvote 1

Good job trackeer,

I saw a story on the news (AFN) about this very thing, but I don't see where is says bases will go to all Dinar by 1 Aug.

07.02.2010 MOSUL, Iraq — In an effort to decrease the use of U.S. currency and stabilize the Iraqi economy, Gen. Raymond T. Odierno, commander of U.S. Forces – Iraq, has directed leadership on all enduring bases in Iraq to solicit, select and establish Iraqi banks on their installations

“This is an effort to reduce the amount of dollars that the United States has got floating around here in Iraq and to strengthen the Iraqi dinar,” Stevens said. “It’s important for Iraq to strengthen its currency.”

Dinars are only used on base at local vendor shops, which will accept IQD or USD. AAFES does not accept Dinar....I don't think they ever will. This is all an effort to eliminate the USD off post.

CDB, look at comment # 194 on page 10 of this post, SuperflyJr states: "

If we want a large RV of the type we're all dreaming of then we need FILS coins to be released which are 1/1000 of a dinar. Basically we need to see pennies, nickels, and dimes in addition to small bills."

Hope that helps! and Enjoy your R&R.

G

I think you have me confused with Knight Owl. I just returned from R&R a couple weeks ago (wish I could go again).

However, I will make sure that I ask Army Finanace about the coins and other denominations. I asked the Banker at Warka and he said he has no coins. The Banker also said the Dinar will not RV until Iraq is lifted from Chapter 7.

Good job trackeer,

I saw a story on the news (AFN) about this very thing, but I don't see where is says bases will go to all Dinar by 1 Aug.

07.02.2010 MOSUL, Iraq — In an effort to decrease the use of U.S. currency and stabilize the Iraqi economy, Gen. Raymond T. Odierno, commander of U.S. Forces – Iraq, has directed leadership on all enduring bases in Iraq to solicit, select and establish Iraqi banks on their installations

Dinars are only used on base at local vendor shops, which will accept IQD or USD. AAFES does not accept Dinar....I don't think they ever will. This is all an effort to eliminate the USD off post.

I think you have me confused with Knight Owl. I just returned from R&R a couple weeks ago (wish I could go again).

However, I will make sure that I ask Army Finanace about the coins and other denominations. I asked the Banker at Warka and he said he has no coins. The Banker also said the Dinar will not RV until Iraq is lifted from Chapter 7.

I don't think August 1st is out of the question, it must have been written somewhere; and also remember that the General O is saying only 50,000 troops in Iraq on September 1/ only 30 days later. Today we saw Iraq officially state the dinar is under-valued and hurting its' people. Economist: Government failed to enhance the value of the Iraqi dinarJuly 13, 2010 · Posted in NEWS 13/07/2010

Baghdad, July 13 (Akaniwz) – Iraqi economic expert said on Tuesday that the Iraqi government ended its mandate failed to bring the level of a currency exchange foreign currency in spite of the rise in oil prices in the global market.

Taher al-Yassin , told Kurdistan News (Akaniwz) The “currency of Finance of Iraq is still suffering from the crisis of the great difference between them and the hard currency, due to lack of financial planning for government economic institutions in the country.”

He said that ” government institutions should deal seriously in activating the general frameworks that would develop the role of the Iraqi currency, especially in light of market opening up of Iraq at all regional markets . ”

He added that ” the main problem in the survival of the Iraqi currency untouched despite high oil Primacies , due to the lack of awareness of the country’s economic , as well as arbitrary decisions taken by the Iraqi government earlier . ”

According to Yassin , “it is not easy to forecast economic prosperity of Iraq and the rise of the Iraqi dinar in parallel with the hard currency in light of the pending financial problems . ”

http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/2/163655/