Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

German Magazine Der Spiegel Describes Iraqi Forces As "Monsters"

Shoguna B. Sobir

25/05/2017 - 15:35

ERBIL — Iraqi forces "are monsters not heroes," as in the fight against Islamic State (IS) militants they have tortured and raped civilians and those merely suspected to be affiliated with the IS without actual proof. This was done with US awareness of the occurring events, according to a report in a German magazine Der Spiegel by a photojournalist who was embedded with the Iraqi forces since the operation to recapture Mosul commenced in October of 2016.

The aim of his work was to bring attention to the efforts of the Iraqi forces in the operation to oust IS militants from Mosul and its surrounding areas, said Ali Arkady. However, soon he was witness to "war crimes,"- executions, hangings from the ceiling with arms bent behind, stabbings behind the ear during interrogations and assault and rape of the detainees and their families by Iraqi Interior Ministry's Emergency Response Division (ERD).

Those who were merely  suspected of IS affiliation without concrete proof of their guilt were killed regularly, said Arkady. During his time following the Iraqi forces, he saw a man tortured in front of his 16-year-old son, thereafter targeting the teenager and killing him.  

“I was there shooting [a video], and they did not try to prevent me. The soldiers have beaten the youngster in front of his father and then killed him,” he said, as quoted by the Middle East Monitor.

“Eventually, I deduced that these soldiers did not think like journalists, and that such aggressions were taken for granted as an ordinary routine of their job,” he added.

In another instance, two members of ERD, who he had become close to, told him of two brothers, Laith and Ahmed, who were arrested and then released for lack of evidence and thereafter rearrested, tortured and killed.

“They first began beating the two, first by beating and then they put a knife behind Ahmed’s ear. It was a technique they learned from American soldiers… In the morning one of the soldiers told me that both brothers had been tortured to death and showed me a video of their bodies. He even sent it to me via WhatsApp and told me what happened with him,” Arkady noted.

“American forces were aware of everything,” Arkady explained, while mentioning an instance of rape by an officer. “the American supervisor asked them via the radio [following the detention]: What have you done? Captain Omar Nizar answered: ‘Everything, we have arrested men and women and looted homes.’ The American supervisor replied: ‘Well, you know what to do’.”

Arkady eventually stopped following the ERD and nearing the publication of the report fled across Iraqi’s border with his family.

Iraqi Interior Ministry has opened an investigation into Arkady’s claims saying that legal measures will be taken against those found guilty.

“The interior minister ordered investigators to conduct a clear and fair inquiry... (and) to take legal measures against those who are negligent if the investigation proves so,” the Interior Ministry said on Wednesday.

Just like the bomb that was dropped by US Forces that killed all those civilians in March.  The whole story is that the Iraqi Army was receiving fire from that building and targeted that building for a missile by our Air Forces.  Unfortunately that's where ISIS stored their ammunitions and collapsed the building on all the civilians.  ISIS used civilians as human shields and using those same buildings to fire from.   Iraqi troops requested the bomb drop (precision) but the ammo inside caused more damage than expected.  Read up.

• Upvote 4

DV,  The Germans are hypocrites for sure and that is why the USA is the most powerful country on the planet and fight to destroy the enemy just like we done with Germany's Hitler.  

The Germans are all on board to get in on Iraq Investment opportunities just like other European countries who show up after the enemy is defeated......Darn shame but it is true....Sorry arses...😁

Why not call ISIS monsters because they are the worst and have committed atrocities to thousands of innocent people.

I am so freaking glad that our President DJT is taking the fight to these ISIS cockroaches.  Also,  Kudos to our President for telling NATO you will pay your fair share and contribute to the fight or else......Ya gotta love it when the plan comes together.....😊🤣😂😃😅😄

GO USA

Edited by tigergorzow
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, jmartin1145 said:

Its a Lib rag. Believe me on this one.

I DO AND SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE . . .I was stationed in West Germany in the mid-80's ------ many of the German's told us, Der Spiegel is a Left Wing Rag ! ! ! 

Pretty close now to PMSNBC or the Huff Post these days - Whacky is as Whacky does.

• Upvote 6

On 5/25/2017 at 11:45 PM, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I DO AND SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE . . .I was stationed in West Germany in the mid-80's ------ many of the German's told us, Der Spiegel is a Left Wing Rag ! ! ! 

Pretty close now to PMSNBC or the Huff Post these days - Whacky is as Whacky does.

Image result for whacky

• Upvote 2

One more thing . . . And this comes from the nation that brought us Uncle Adolph and the Nazis -- yeah, yeah, I know- they had a few too many beers and found themselves in Czechoslovakia and things got outta hand.  :bs: 

How the pendulum does swing !

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

One more thing . . . And this comes from the nation that brought us Uncle Adolph and the Nazis -- yeah, yeah, I know- they had a few too many beers and found themselves in Czechoslovakia and things got outta hand.  :bs: 

How the pendulum does swing !

You are correct, cheers brother :cheesehead:

• Upvote 2