Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US Informs Iraq About Maliki's Attempts to Organize a Coup: Report

US Asks Iraq to Suspend 785 Iranian-affiliated Officials

US says these officials are implementing Iran's agendas

Basnews English

23/05/2017 - 12:33

Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani and Iraqi VP Nouri al-Maliki meet in Tehran on January 3, 2017. Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani and Iraqi VP Nouri al-Maliki meet in Tehran on January 3, 2017.

ERBIL — The United States has asked Iraq to suspend the work of 785 officers in the ministries of defense and interior who are following the Iranian agendas, Secretary General of the European Department for Security and Information, Haissam Bou Said said on Tuesday.

"The United States has called on the Iraqi official administration through President Trump's senior advisor Jared Kushner to suspend 785 senior officers in the army, security forces and directors of the key departments," Bou Said said in a statement.

He added that the US believes those officials are implementing the Iranian agendas, specifically the agendas drawn up by Major General Qassem Soleimani, Iran's Quds Force commander, with support from the Iraqi VP Nuri al-Maliki.

Maliki served as the Iraqi PM from 2006 to 2014 and has been blamed for the security failure and corruption in the country. Moreover, during his reign, hundreds of Sunni figures and officials who opposed Iran's interventions in Iraqi internal affairs were assassinated.

• Upvote 13

Things are beginning to heat up in Iran, looks like Trump really means business. One more time, Maliki's days are counted and it won't be long till he has been given his walking papers...........sure do wish it was sooner then later :confused2:

• Upvote 6

Agreed Wiljor, lots of really positive stuff happening at the moment, but, i can't really see an RV happening with Maliki still free to feck everything up!

Now if all this good stuff was happening and suddenly (like tomorrow) Maliki was to be arrested for war crimes and crimes against the Iraqi people ....add the complete liberation of Mosel, Trump visiting, UN gets its finger out and ISIS out of Iraq....now that would be the perfect storm!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Scott McD said:

Agreed Wiljor, lots of really positive stuff happening at the moment, but, i can't really see an RV happening with Maliki still free to feck everything up!

Now if all this good stuff was happening and suddenly (like tomorrow) Maliki was to be arrested for war crimes and crimes against the Iraqi people ....add the complete liberation of Mosel, Trump visiting, UN gets its finger out and ISIS out of Iraq....now that would be the perfect storm!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

I'm with you, Maliki must go, and soon

• Upvote 3

The article starts out saying, "The United States has asked Iraq to suspend the work of 785 officers in the ministries of defense and interior who are following the Iranian agendas, Secretary General of the European Department for Security and Information, Haissam Bou Said said on Tuesday."

Looks like the key word here is "asked" then "suspend". Jared Kushner apparently made this "request" when he was in Iraq some time ago and this "request" is fairly far along in it's actual implementation. With the Mosul operations imminently reaching completion and the IMIS atrocities being committed at an alarming rate, I suspect the actual language to the Iraqis and Iranians is quite a bit more than simply "asked" and "suspend". My opinion is this "request' will have a whole lot more bone breaking teeth and earnestness in implementation in the very short term. Getting the Iranian influences out of the Iraqi defense, interior, army, security forces, and key departments appears to be more of "one fell swoop" with dealing with the Iranian influences in Iraq especially through Major General Qassem Soleimani (Iranian) and Nouri al-Maliki (Iranian puppet and Iraqi traitor).

The reason I think Iran will be dealt a decisive and complete blow in Iraq is Iraq really can not have any Iranian influences disrupting Iraq's international investment potential and will resolve a significant amount of Iraqi corruption necessary to buoy Iraq's major credit ratings so that Iraq can really be a Sovereign State - and truly act like a Sovereign State completely different from the Saddam Hussein era composition.

We haven't heard much, if any, about the American B-52s in the area not to mention all the "US Advisers" in Iraq and surrounding areas that we know about (collecting intelligence, too, maybe???!!!). There could be a whole lot more "US Advisers" in the area than in the news media - and the Iranians know it. I suspect the B-52s and "US Advisers" are still there and Iran probably knows what is coming if the "ask nicely and carry a big stick" isn't responded to appropriately and immediately.

Bye, Bye Iran, Soleimani, al-Maliki, and all you Iraqi traitors!!! :wave:   :wave:   :wave:

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 11

Add this from the thread regarding the U.N. Security Council's statement, and it begins to become clear that we aren't the only people that believe that Iran's influence needs to be dialed down a bunch:

"Although large-scale military operations against ISIL will hopefully conclude by the end of this year, the security environment will remain volatile and will be characterized by continued cowardly terrorist attacks by Da’esh, targeting civilians in many parts of the country. Whenever given than opportunity Daesh, Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups will likely seek to tap into and deepen sectarian, tribal or ethnic divides, including by cooperating with criminal gangs.

This will require an appropriate response by the security forces. In that regard, a long term, comprehensive reform of the security sector is imperative. I welcome the completion of a draft national strategy for security sector reform – an effort concluded with support from UNDP
- and look forward to its approval by the National Security Council.

Among others, the implementation of the Popular Mobilisation Commission Law should proceed in a manner that strengthens non-sectarian, multi-religious and multi-ethnic character of the PMF, solidifies government control over them, and ensures democratic oversight and accountability."

I reiterate (from previous threads), this has got to be the next big issue.  They can play with themselves in Parliament, slowly passing the last needed laws, but not much investments will come their way unless companies feel safe about their stability/security.  

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, gregp said:

Maliki is the Irianian kingpin. Remove it and the dominoes will fall. 

I agree, but if Abadi is not then there must be a reason, be it good or bad. Maybe it is only us that see him as a threat and he may just be an annoyance to their political system.

Granted just my :twocents:, and could be wrong. If I am then yes .50 cents worth of lead can soon correct this issue.

pp

• Upvote 2

Make no mistake, Iraqis hate Mr M. They throw stones st him when he visits town and cities, It does explain why there hasn't been something done about that nutcase. They are walking on eggshells as long as the Iranisn mafia is 785 strong in key positions as well as military officers. No wonder Mr M so easily navigated the treacherous waters of payment going to 50,000 ghost soldiers. How much of that money do you think went directly to Iran. Maliki is more Iranian then Iraqi, why doesn't the little ***** just move on over to Iran and jump in the Shaw's bed?

• Upvote 5

Arrest them ALL and Begin with Maliki. Slap them in prison on charges of Treason and whatever else they can think off.

If there isn't, there ought to be a Super Max 100s of miles from anywhere and out in the middle of nowhere in Iraq -good god they've got some of the most inhospitable desert as you can find anywhere in the world. 

Let 'em rot ! 

• Upvote 2

US has asked Iraq to remove 785 officers from the defense and interior ministries

Basnews English

25/05/2017 - 15:55

ERBIL — Former Iraqi prime minister Nuri al-Maliki,with the support of Iran, has been preparing for a coup attempt to take over the power in Iraq and the US has warned the central government of Baghdad.

According to a report by Turkiye Gazetesi, Nuri Maliki, who is currently the Iraqi VP, has established a parallel army within the official Iraqi army while he was in power in 2006-2014.

Relying on diplomatic sources, the source said that the United States has officially requested the Iraqi government via President Trump's advisor Jared Kushner to remove of 785 military officials from the government.

The US delegation has informed the Iraqi government that these officials are receiving instructions from the commander of Iran's Quds Brigade Qassen Soleimani and that they are acting on Maliki's order.

"The United States has called on the Iraqi official administration through President Trump's senior advisor Jared Kushner to suspend 785 senior officers in the army, security forces and directors of the key departments," Secretary General of the European Department for Security and Information, Haissam Bou Said said on Tuesday.

He added that the US believes that those officials are implementing the Iranian agendas, specifically the agendas drawn up by Major General Qassem Soleimani, Iran's Quds Force commander, with support from the Iraqi VP Nuri al-Maliki.

Maliki served as the Iraqi PM from 2006 to 2014 and has been blamed for the security failure and corruption in the country. Moreover, during his reign, hundreds of Sunni figures and officials who opposed Iran's interventions in the Iraqi internal affairs were assassinated.

• Upvote 6

So now we see why Nuri al-Maliki went to Iran under the auspices of needing medical treatment (yeah, right). Getting away from Iraq before the news hits about his soon to be arriving malicious and nefarious implemented plans in Iraq (history books will likely call it the "KOO KOO COUP"). Iran, Maliki, and Soleimani will get their clocks cleaned - ROYALLY!!!

To me, if this is an accurate news article, this is really, really good news. An attempted coup by Maliki and Soleimani then, BOOM!, Iran is dealt a very heavy blow for attempting such a thing. Maliki gets his one way ticket out of Iraq and then good things can come to Iraq. The main corruption roots have been dealt with and ISIS is smashed (yeah, I think the Turkeys will be shooed out of Iraq, too!) so the major credit ratings aught to be favorable so foreign/international investment can pour in. The intentions and influences from Iran in Iraq has been very long and growing so Western Intelligence (including US) aught to have a good handle on what is going on and how to swiftly deal with it.

This may be a stretch but I can't imagine Western Powers (or Saudi Arabia and other Gulf Allies) will tolerate for one moment what is going on with Iran in Iraq. So wuz up with the B-52s in the area and now NATO is engaged in the fight against ISIS? Could there be a misspelling in the media and ISIS is actually IMIS? Hmmmmmm???????

My opinion and :twocents: is this whole Iran in Iraq thing is going to get a lot of heavy attention and quick. Kinda like Iran via Nouri al-Maliki has a nice shiny can opener and the Western Powers have the Great Big Ole Can O' Whoop to pour all over Iran, al-Maliki, and Soleimani. Well, OK, the Western Powers have warehouse upon warehouse of those Great Big Ole Cans O' Whoop as far and high as the eye can see - with the ability to deliver for opening on a moments notice (how's that for service?) So Iran, al-Maliki, and Soleimani - HAVE AT IT!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

BOOM!!!

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, chinadawg said:

WELL I HAVE A FEELING WE JUST GOT RID OF MALIKI,,,HE WON'T BE BACK FROM IRAN UNLESS IN HANDCUFFS AND SHACKLES.

Hey, Nouri al-Maliki may have some tracking device on him he doesn't know about from a previous procedure in Iraq!

:o   :o   :o

Nothing a Tomahawk can't fix!!!

:backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

OH, YEAH, BRING IT ON BABY!!!

:cigar:   :cigar:   :cigar:AND SMOKE HIM GOOD ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER IRANIAN COHORTS!!!

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 2

( Mods, if this has been posted please remove it. Thanks) 

25/05/2017

ERBIL — Former Iraqi prime minister Nuri al-Maliki,with the support of Iran, has been preparing for a coup attempt to take over the power in Iraq and the US has warned the central government of Baghdad.

According to a report by Turkiye Gazetesi, Nuri Maliki, who is currently the Iraqi VP, has established a parallel army within the official Iraqi army while he was in power in 2006-2014.

Relying on diplomatic sources, the source said that the United States has officially requested the Iraqi government via President Trump's advisor Jared Kushner to remove of 785 military officials from the government.

The US delegation has informed the Iraqi government that these officials are receiving instructions from the commander of Iran's Quds Brigade Qassen Soleimani and that they are acting on Maliki's order.

"The United States has called on the Iraqi official administration through President Trump's senior advisor Jared Kushner to suspend 785 senior officers in the army, security forces and directors of the key departments," Secretary General of the European Department for Security and Information, Haissam Bou Said said on Tuesday.

He added that the US believes that those officials are implementing the Iranian agendas, specifically the agendas drawn up by Major General Qassem Soleimani, Iran's Quds Force commander, with support from the Iraqi VP Nuri al-Maliki.

Maliki served as the Iraqi PM from 2006 to 2014 and has been blamed for the security failure and corruption in the country. Moreover, during his reign, hundreds of Sunni figures and officials who opposed Iran's interventions in the Iraqi internal affairs were assassinated.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/iraq/352951

• Upvote 6