Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89

bostonangler

Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89

Roger Moore Image caption Roger Moore starred in seven Bond films

Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89, his family has announced.

He played the famous spy in seven Bond films including Live and Let Die and the Spy Who Loved Me.

Sir Roger's family confirmed the news on Twitter, saying he had died after "a short but brave battle with cancer".

The statement, from his children, read: "Thank you Pops for being you, and being so very special to so many people."

"With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated," they said in a Twitter post.

Sir Roger, who died in Switzerland, will have a private funeral in Monaco in accordance with his wishes, they added.

"The love with which he was surrounded in his final days was so great it cannot be quantified in words alone," read the statement from Debora, Geoffrey and Christian.

"Our thoughts must now turn to supporting Kristina [his wife] at this difficult time."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I still like Sean Connery best as 007 but he was good. I really liked him as The Saint.

B/A

I agree Sean Connery IS agent 007....Sure.....I liked the Saint myself...And of course also the Persuaders  with him and Tony Curtis....

• Upvote 1