Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Private Banking Association Concludes Training Course on "Corporate Risk Management"

yota691

Just now, CaptainBVI said:

To you as well my new found friend and all of DV.

Thank You, Sir - and you as well - I am honored!

Please forgive me, I ran out of emeralds today so will have to stop back later.

In the mean time, here are some +++++++++++++++++++++++++ to tie you over and.......................

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, boosterbglee said:

GM Synopsis! :tiphat: I believe you covered everything this morning....almost like a King Cheese update!  :lol:

Appreciate the time you took to cover most everything in your post....attaboy!  :tiphat:

Yeah, BoosterBGlee, no tellin' what a pot of coffee early in the morning will do for you???!!! :o   :o   :o

Yeah, we have a lot of fabulous folks and new found friends here at DV. I really look forward to meeting you and a lot of other folks here at DV!  :tiphat:

Hopefully, we'll all be at a point where we can put all this collective intellectual (and other related) horsepower to rest for a bit post event to reconstitute and restart it on our new found adventures!!!

OK, so, I'd can't imagine I have reached the King Cheese update status but I appreciate the accolade and back atcha!!!

Top Of The Morning To You and The Best Of The Day - All The Best!!!!

Yeah, I'll have to stop by later and give you some emeralds, too, since I ran out already! :o

In the mean time, here are some +++++++++++++++++++ to tie you over and........................

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 5

Great post as always Synopsis, and I concur with all the above. Iraq has made great strides in its pursuit to become a global player and we can't ignore the progress as of late. Their are still the procrastinators and ones who don't want Iraq to succeed but little by little they are being either arrested, or voted out. We are indeed in interesting times in this venture and hopefully the end is near, or the beginning of the next phase, depending on how each one has their plan post RV  :cigar:

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

Great post as always Synopsis, and I concur with all the above. Iraq has made great strides in its pursuit to become a global player and we can't ignore the progress as of late. Their are still the procrastinators and ones who don't want Iraq to succeed but little by little they are being either arrested, or voted out. We are indeed in interesting times in this venture and hopefully the end is near, or the beginning of the next phase, depending on how each one has their plan post RV  :cigar:

I'm all in, Brother Wiljor!

:cigar:  :cigar:  :cigar:

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 3

Synopsis Thanks,  Truly appreciate your in depth assessment, analysis and positive comments on a daily basis.  You bring only the best to DV and we are forever grateful for the positive energy & vibes.  I know 100% we are going to have one hell of a Post-DV Party with this DV Group and yes I will gladly offer up 1st & 2nd round of " Umbrella Drinks" are on Tiger.  Look forward to meet all of you after this long IQD ride......😊😁😂🤣😅😎😎

GO Liberation Of Mosul 

GO National Settlement 

GO HCL

GO RV / RI

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

Synopsis Thanks,  Truly appreciate your in depth assessment, analysis and positive comments on a daily basis.  You bring only the best to DV and we are forever grateful for the positive energy & vibes.  I know 100% we are going to have one hell of a Post-DV Party with this DV Group and yes I will gladly offer up 1st & 2nd round of " Umbrella Drinks" are on Tiger.  Look forward to meet all of you after this long IQD ride......😊😁😂🤣😅😎😎

GO Liberation Of Mosul 

GO National Settlement 

GO HCL

GO RV / RI

Well, OK, TigerGorZow, I am merely trying to keep up with You!!! :o   :o   :o

You The Best (well, OK, among other esteemed colleagues here at DV!!!)!!! :tiphat:   :tiphat:   :tiphat:

I am really, really looking forward to meeting post event!!!

In the mean time, Enjoy Your World and Be Safe.........................

2 minutes ago, 1lucdog said:

I add my 2 cents worth as well ..Synopsis what a great common sense, in depth, analytical post this morning.... good to have both sides of the brain working together even before the coffee...Thank you!

Back atcha, 1LucDog!!! :tiphat:   :tiphat:   :tiphat:

As well, I look forward to meeting post event!!!

Go Moola Nova (like today, already :o   :o   :o)!!!

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Synopsis! I concur with the above posts... you've been a level-headed voice of reason and encouragement all these years... always love your breakdowns on the articles

I enjoy your posts, too, NEPatriotsFan1!!!

Enjoy Your World and Be Safe - I look forward to meeting post event!!!

Go Moola Nova!

P.S. OK, everybody, I ran out of emeralds today already and haven't been able to get an emerald roll over plan or something like that so I'll have to stop by later to load you all up on some +s. In the mean time, here are some +++++++++++++++++++++++ to tie you over!

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

Central Bank announces strategy to combat money laundering and terrorist financing

Number of readers: 711

Central Bank announces strategy to combat money laundering and terrorist financing

22-06-2017 12:55 PM

Euphrates -

Central Bank of Iraq announced near the submission of a draft national strategy to combat money laundering and terrorism financing for the years 2017 strategy 2021.otad the first since the establishment of the Iraqi state and become binding for all after approval by the Council of Ministers.

The governor of the Central Bank of Iraq on the Keywords in a press statement that the past few days have seen the establishment of a meeting of the anti-money laundering and the financing of terrorism, which was established by Law No. 39 of 2015, as it has during the meeting to discuss the draft strategy of combating money laundering and terrorism financing for the years 2017 2021, which was developed on the basis of the involvement of all relevant institutions, the issue of money laundering and future work plan and for all areas.

• Upvote 2

Strategy to combat money laundering and terrorist financing

2.jpg

6/22/2017 0:00 

For the years 2017 - 2021 
Baghdad / Tariq al - Araji , the 
Central Bank of Iraq announced near the submission of a draft national strategy to combat money laundering and terrorism financing for the years 2017 2021. The first strategy since the founding of the Iraqi state and become binding for all after approval by the Council of Ministers. 
In this regard , said Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq on the Keywords "morning": " The past few days have seen the establishment of a meeting of the anti - money laundering and the financing of terrorism , which was established by Law No. 39 of 2015, as it has during the meeting to discuss the draft strategy of combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism for years 2021 2017 that have been developed on the basis of the involvement of all relevant institutions , the issue of money laundering and future work plan and all areas. "

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
1399.jpg

Economy News Baghdad:

A training course titled "Corporate Risk Management" organized by the Association of Iraqi Private Banks at its headquarters in the capital Baghdad was concluded on Thursday with the participation of 76 trainees from government, private and foreign banks and financial transfer companies. 

The Executive Director of the Association of Private Banks Ali Tariq, told "Economy News", "The Association of Iraqi private banks concluded today a training course in institutional risk management, which was organized in cooperation with Talal Abu-Ghazaleh and the Arab International Community of Chartered Accountants," adding that " The course 76 people working in banks and financial transfer companies operating in Iraq. "

He explained that "the course of the training course ensures the management of risk, which is divided into market risks and operational risks and credit risks and applications of elements and concepts of Basel," pointing out that "the certificate given to participants recognized internationally because it issued by the Arab International Academy of Certified Accountants."

He pointed out that "the training courses organized by the Association of Iraqi private banks during the last period began to show their features through the development that took place in the banking sector of Iraq," noting that "the Central Bank praised the efforts of the Association of private banks, specifically in the field of training and development."

The Association of Private Banks, announced earlier this year, the training of more than 900 employees working in government and private banks and financial transfer companies in the areas of anti-money laundering and risk management. 

Meanwhile, the director of management and training in the Association of Private Banks, Ahmed al-Hashemi, told "Economy News" that "the session targeted all employees in the risk management department of banks operating in Iraq," describing the session as "successful due to the participation of a large number of bank employees."

He pointed out that "the Central Bank and the Association of Private Banks have a strategic plan to develop the banking sector through working on human resources," adding that "there continue with trainees in the coming period to find out their needs in order to continue education."

On the other hand, the director of risk management at the Central Bank, Hussein Lazam, told the "Economy News" that "risk management is present in all organizations, but there is privacy in the banking sector because the environment of the bank is the most serious," adding that " Of all banks to establish a risk management department and not a risk management unit or division. "

He stressed that "risk management needs a great effort by banks because it serves its work and put it on the right track in the face of challenges."

Views 366   Date Added 27/07/2017

• Upvote 5

the management of risk, which is divided into market risks and operational risks and credit risks and applications of elements and concepts of Basel," pointing out that "the certificate given to participants recognized internationally because it issued by the Arab International Academy of Certified Accountants

Two words;

Basel

International

Thanks, Yota!!!

:tiphat:

• Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to Intensify efforts to combat money laundering

Intensify efforts to combat money laundering

01/8/2017 12:00 am 

Baghdad / Emad Al-Amara 
The Central Bank is seeking through its new mechanisms and instructions to combat money laundering, and its law complies with the requirements and rules issued by the UN bodies or regional and international organizations in this regard. 
The Economist Said clinic told the "morning": money is laundered in various ways in preparation for giving them legitimacy status, including in non-bank areas where the resort to fictitious transactions or image, such as contracts for the purchase of equipment and machines with large amounts or buy these machines by setting different prices in those contracts . 
"The aim is to show that the money is due to these deals, or through fictitious projects. These projects may be completely fictitious, do not exist or exist, but are used to carry out money laundering operations. 
Said said there are methods in the countries of the world to launder money in the fields of banking and financial and cash deposits in large amounts of cash through checks or other payment tools and a huge increase in cash deposits to any person for no apparent reason, especially if the transfer of deposits from the account to a party does not have a clear relationship with it Person within a short period of time, pointing out that anti-money laundering is the economy. 
He pointed out the need to focus on cash deposits and withdrawals instead of using bank transfers or other negotiable instruments without a clear justification or to change large amounts of banknotes from small groups to other large without obvious reasons, adding that there is fraud may occur when transferring large amounts abroad or Receiving remittances received from abroad accompanied by instructions to pay in cash. 
"There are many legislations governing the management of banking institutions, including Law No. 10 of 1997, which provides for the confiscation of movable and immovable property that has been illegally transferred to a person and transferred this property to others with a view to evading prosecution." 
Al-Abed said in an interview with al-Sabah: "The law provides for penalties and fines in cases of non-reporting of these illegal funds." In 2004, an amendment was issued to include the issue of terrorism and its financing of the phenomenon of money laundering. And criminalizes the financing of 
 terrorism. 
The Iraqi Money Laundering Act of 2004 stipulates the proper monitoring procedures for institutions, especially banking. The law against money laundering in Iraq is in line with the requirements and rules issued by the UN bodies or regional and international organizations in this regard. Among the articles of this law are the criminalization of operations Money laundering. 
He added that the establishment of offices to report on money laundering operations urged the achievement of international cooperation and exchange of information and reduce the confidentiality of information and allow the disclosure of suspicious information to the competent authorities and authorities. 
In order to reduce the phenomenon of washing money, stressed the academic economist d. 
 He stressed the importance of issuing legislation to combat money laundering and the construction of regulatory bodies that comply with the laws and regulations relating to the financial and banking system . He called for the necessity of obligating financial institutions to verify the identities of persons dealing with them, especially those dealing with abnormal funds. Suspicious transactions whose existence lacks economic justification. 
Al-Bayati suggested coordination between banking institutions and other regulatory bodies to take measures to prevent the use of the internet in the money laundering process and to encourage modern and safe methods of managing 
 money. He stressed the need to develop policies, procedures and regulatory standards and to confirm the supervision and supervision of banks and banking institutions of the existence of adequate programs in these entities to combat money laundering. Al-Bayati suggested coordination between banking institutions and other regulatory bodies to take measures to prevent the use of the internet in the money laundering process and to encourage modern and safe methods of managing money. He stressed the need to develop policies, procedures and regulatory standards and to confirm the supervision and supervision of banks and banking institutions of the existence of adequate programs in these entities to combat money laundering. Al-Bayati suggested coordination between banking institutions and other regulatory bodies to take measures to prevent the use of the internet in the money laundering process and to encourage modern and safe methods of managing money. 
He stressed the need to develop policies, procedures and regulatory standards and to confirm the supervision and supervision of banks and banking institutions of the existence of adequate programs in these entities to combat money laundering. 
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to The Association of Private Banks organizes a training course on combating money laundering for 26 banks and financial finance companies
1479.jpg

Economy News Baghdad:

The Association of Iraqi Private Banks held a training course entitled "Combating Money Laundering and Financing Terrorism" at the University of Ceyhan in Erbil, with the participation of 50 trainees from 26 banks and a financial transfer company. 

The Association of Private Banks in a press statement received by "Economy News", "The Association of private banks set up for the first time in Erbil a training course entitled (Combating money laundering and terrorism financing) in cooperation with KPMG and for a period of three days from Tuesday, 1 August to the day Thursday, 3 August 2017 at the headquarters of the University of Ceyhan in Erbil, "adding that" the participants will receive a certificate from the Association of Banks and a certificate from the company KPMG. "

She explained that the objectives of the training course are to provide trainees with modern methods in combating money laundering and international and regional bodies organizing the anti-money laundering process and the most important websites of regional and international bodies for the purposes of customer verification and knowledge of the initiative of the new Basel Committee to combat money laundering and money laundering risks and due diligence towards customers, Indicating that "the course includes teaching trainees practical applications and application of the instructions of the Central Bank and the Anti-Money Laundering Office."

Views 1   Date Added 01/08/2017

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to The Association of Private Banks concludes a training course in Erbil and undertakes to hold courses throughout Iraq
1560.jpg

1561.jpg 1563.jpg 1565.jpg
1559.jpg

Economy News Arbil: 

The Association of Iraqi Private Banks concluded a training course entitled "Combating Money Laundering and Financing Terrorism" at the University of Ceyhan in Erbil, with the participation of 50 trainees from 26 banks and a financial transfer company. 

The Association of Private Banks in a press statement received by "Economics News", "The Association of private banks concluded Thursday, a training course entitled (Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) in cooperation with KPMG, which launched last Tuesday at the headquarters of the University of Ceyhan in Erbil," adding That "the participants have obtained a certificate from the Association of Banks and a certificate from KPMG."

She explained that the objectives of the training course are to provide trainees with modern methods in combating money laundering and international and regional bodies organizing the anti-money laundering process and the most important websites of regional and international bodies for the purposes of customer verification and knowledge of the initiative of the new Basel Committee to combat money laundering and money laundering risks and due diligence towards customers, Indicating that "the course includes teaching trainees practical applications and application of the instructions of the Central Bank and the Anti-Money Laundering Office."

The Association of Private Banks pointed out that "it will carry out training courses in all provinces of Iraq in the field of combating money laundering and risk management in line with the direction of the Central Bank and the global system for the development of the banking sector," noting that "the certificates granted by the Association of private banks, International institutions through the agreements signed with foreign companies in the field of training and development. "

Views 159   Date Added 08/03/2017

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

1957.jpg

1. Iraqi Private Banking Association Concludes Training Course on "Corporate Risk Management"

The Iraqi Association of Private Banks concluded Thursday a training course entitled "Institutional Risk Management" organized by its headquarters in Baghdad and lasted for five days with the participation of 55 trainees from government, private and foreign banks and financial transfer companies with the participation of the Central Bank of Iraq.
    The graduation ceremony was attended by the Director General of the Banking and Credit Control Department at the Central Bank, Qasim Saleh Ali, and the President of the Association of Iraqi Private Banks Wadih Al-Hanal.
    The director of management and training of the Association of Private Banks Ahmed al-Hashemi told "Economy News", "The Association of Iraqi private banks concluded today a training course in institutional risk management, which was organized in cooperation with Talal Abu-Ghazaleh and the Arab International Community of Chartered Accountants," adding that " Session 55 people working in banks and financial transfer companies operating in Iraq. "
    "This session was held for the second time with Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization and the Arab International Association of Chartered Accountants," Al Hashimi said. "The training curriculum ensures risk management that is divided into market risk, operational risk, credit risk and the application of Basel elements and concepts. The certificate, which was given to the participants, is recognized internationally because it is issued by the Arab International Institute of Chartered Accountants. "
    He pointed out that "the Central Bank and the Association of Private Banks have a strategic plan to develop the banking sector through the work on human resources," noting that "there is continued with trainees in the coming period to find out their needs in order to continue education."
    For its part, the Director General of Banking and Credit Control, Qassem Saleh, told "Economy News" that "the Central Bank pays great attention to the management of institutional risks within the Bank's established banks operating in the country." "We noted that progress has been made towards activating the subject of combating money laundering and compliance, And risk management by private banks is the result of cooperation between the Central Bank of Iraq and the Association of Iraqi private banks.
    She called on the banks to "take care of financial inclusion and diversification of products, which leads to reduce the hoarding of the mass of cash among citizens and deposit with banks."

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=8776

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2