Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UN Security Council session on the situation in Iraq

yota691

44 minutes ago, Boozer said:

Dam Girl where have you been, Last I heard of you , you just got married , Been a few years, I am so glad to hear from you , Hope all is well, Always enjoyed what you brought to the table, :bravo:  

Sadly, Donald passed away 2 years ago before we got to the wedding. Still single. Now work in the biggest all male prison in Scotland, love it. Living quietly. Good to hear from u. Missed my DVD family. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Sadly, Donald passed away 2 years ago before we got to the wedding. Still single. Now work in the biggest all male prison in Scotland, love it. Living quietly. Good to hear from u. Missed my DVD family. 

prison eh

tough girl I assume

sorry for your loss

they always say god only gives u what u can deal with

single eh

joking joking

love u but joke

no mod review

hahahahah keep chin up

its coming

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, davis411 said:

prison eh

tough girl I assume

sorry for your loss

they always say god only gives u what u can deal with

single eh

joking joking

love u but joke

no mod review

hahahahah keep chin up

its coming

Well...... I take no **** from anybody. It is one of the most notorious prisons in the world. Prisoners are great! However, if this hits.....I am done. Got too many other things to do. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, BETTYBOOP said:

Well...... I take no **** from anybody. It is one of the most notorious prisons in the world. Prisoners are great! However, if this hits.....I am done. Got too many other things to do. 

I assume no ##### from any

dates off

I am scared

hahahahah

u have my prayers always

davis for president

after I get some beers

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, skeetdog said:

Thanks Yota...As long as the UN lifts the sanctions of Chapter VII allowing Iraq to return to the international market, jumping the final barrier that was set a quarter of a century ago by the antic of Saddam Hussein...It's time for the Iraqi citizens to be allowed to put this behind thiem and make this just a Dark Past in their history...

Agree... 25 years is a long time.. definitely time to move up and out ...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bama Girl said:

I understand your point but at the end of June, 2012 (hope I got the date right) the UNSC stated they were removing Iraq from Chapter 7 and placing them under Chapter 6 for the 3 remaining items of Chapter 7. Over the course of the last several months, we have read of Iraq still being under 7 so, which info is valid, what the UNSC stated the previously mentioned time or what we have read since? Maybe both are. 😊

VERY GOOD ! I REMEMBER THAT !

• Upvote 1

Kurdistan referendum on independence before the UN Security Council

Special Representative of the United Nations in Iraq: the referendum will be held this year

Rawezh Muhamad

05/23/2017 - 13:50

Kurdistan referendum on independence before the UN Security Council

Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jan Kubis, said that this year will see the organization announced the referendum on the independence of the Kurdistan Region.

Kubis said in a speech during the session of the UN Security Council of the United Nations on  Monday , 22 July / May, on the developments in Iraq and the United Nations Mission to help Iraq (UNAMI), that the leadership of the Kurdistan Region announced its intention to hold a referendum on independence this year.

He said, "the leaders of the Kurdistan Region assert that holding the referendum Aahdv immediate declaration of independence, but the world know the opinion of the people of Kurdistan." 

And on whether the referendum process will include the city of Kirkuk also, Kubis said, "Kirkuk administration announced it wants to participate in the referendum organized by the Kurdistan Region." 

Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, as demanded, in his speech, both Arbil and Baghdad to continue the dialogue and coordination between them in the war against Daesh, and enhance their relations on the political and economic levels as well and negotiations in this regard.

• Upvote 2

Briefing to the UN Security Council by SRSG for Iraq Ján Kubiš, New York, 22 May 2017

from UN Assistance Mission for Iraq
Published on 22 May 2017

Mr. President,
Distinguished members of the Security Council,

I have the honour to introduce the third report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph 7 of resolution 2299 (2016), as well as the fourteenth report of the Secretary General pursuant to paragraph 4 of resolution 2107 (2013) on the issue of missing Kuwaiti and third-country nationals and property.

Mr. President,
The days of the so-called ISIL caliphate in Iraq in are numbered, thanks to the bravery and patriotism of the Iraqi Security Forces – including the Popular Mobilization Forces, the Peshmerga, and the tribal volunteers as well as the endurance of the Iraqi people. The liberation of Mosul is imminent. Operations are shifting to the remaining areas and pockets of Da’esh presence including along the borders with Syria. Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi announced that the next step is to secure the Iraq-Syria border and to liberate west of Ninewa and Anbar governorates.

All progress notwithstanding, fighting remains a tremendous challenge, as Da’esh increasingly resorts to mercilessly using civilians as human shields, a last-gasp effort that reveals little more than the inherent inhuman barbarity of the terrorists that make up this so-called Caliphate. In front of this Council, I once again want to honor those who have sacrificed life or limb to promote a free, united Iraq and have bled to defend our common humanity.

The protection of civilians continues to be a fundamental imperative during the operations, as ordered by Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief al-Abadi and endorsed by political leaders, as well as the religious establishments. The Iraqi Security Forces including the Popular Mobilisation Forces (PMF) and international coalition partners continuously adjust their tactics to limit the impact of their operations on civilians, even if that comes at the cost of prolonging a harsh, bitter campaign that continues to claim both civilian and military lives. Due credit must also be given to the Iraqi Security Forces in the liberated areas for seeking to avoid and prevent revenge attacks and other steps that incite sectarian tensions.

Mr. President,
The 22 March meeting of the international counter-ISIL coalition in Washington, D.C. was clear reminder that we must maintain a dual focus on both the immediate challenges of defeating Daesh and on the post-liberation, stabilization and rehabilitation phase in Iraq. The meeting also stressed that long-term recovery would stem from good governance, provision of services, sound security arrangements for all communities, ensuring justice and the rights for all citizens, national and local reconciliation and accountability for crimes.

Continuous, substantial and sustainable support and assistance for Iraq from the international community, including its regional partners, is indispensable in the forthcoming period in particular to facilitate expeditious and voluntary return of IDPs to the liberated areas, to the conditions of security, law and order in line with humanitarian and human rights principles. In this regard, I welcome recent steps taken by a number of regional countries and organizations to enhance support for and cooperation with Iraq as i.a. confirmed during the recent Summit of the LAS and numerous top-level bilateral meetings there.

Mr. President,
Although large-scale military operations against ISIL will hopefully conclude by the end of this year, the security environment will remain volatile and will be characterized by continued cowardly terrorist attacks by Da’esh, targeting civilians in many parts of the country. Whenever given than opportunity Daesh, Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups will likely seek to tap into and deepen sectarian, tribal or ethnic divides, including by cooperating with criminal gangs.

This will require an appropriate response by the security forces. In that regard, a long term, comprehensive reform of the security sector is imperative. I welcome the completion of a draft national strategy for security sector reform – an effort concluded with support from UNDP
- and look forward to its approval by the National Security Council.

Among others, the implementation of the Popular Mobilisation Commission Law should proceed in a manner that strengthens non-sectarian, multi-religious and multi-ethnic character of the PMF, solidifies government control over them, and ensures democratic oversight and accountability.

For the whole report open the PDF

http://reliefweb.int/report/iraq/briefing-un-security-council-srsg-iraq-j-n-kubi-new-york-22-may-2017

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 3