Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NASCAR....go home Danica

I know a bunch of ya here love Nascar and many of ya just LOVE Danica but please, .......in my opinion this gal is out of her league..please hear me out before shutting me down

Has she ever won a NASCAR race?  I know, I know she won Indy races maybe once or twice.

If she wrecks it's always some one else's fault, never hers and her driving ability.

She now has 20 and 21 year olds leaving their fumes for her to smell!

Now I ask......isn't it time she goes to the house and leaves this to the real men that this job was intended for to begin with.?

Although she does very well for a woman and would certainly be in the top 3 with other women she holds no place with with competitive men that are all in to win.  

Danica really likes to talk the talk, but she has certainly fallen short when it comes to walking the walk.

Outside of money, I'm not even sure why the announcers even bring up her name...oh that's right, she's a woman and women demand those rights regardless..

Well let me tell ya! Women aren't equal to men..God didn't intend for it to be that way from the beginning...  Wonder why He made Adam 1st?

Society will never become or be right or complete until we (women) act like a women and quit trying to gain that ever loving power over a man...that is part of the curse God promised.  And as He promised it is so. 

Danica and all of the other feminist, equal oportunist only lead the way to more dysfunction and loveless in a world that was meant for peace and love.

If she happens to win in the future, what do we as women and men have to celebrate?

As for me NASCAR has become nothing more than a liberal organization that panders to the cry of women that feel they deserve something g for nothing.   Only voices that cry equality and nothing to contribute

Danica, go home and leave this job to  a man .  you could join the service, oh but that's right women now get the same pay for not having the same skills or standards.   Equality?  Where is it?

Rant over...good day

barb

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I evened out your neg Barb. You are entitled to your opinion and we do have this thing called free speech.  

Until the owner comes along and says you can't talk about Miss Patrick feel free to continue to express you feelings on the matter. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Not sure where all this is coming from, Barb?  I respect your opinion, but I believe you're way off base. Perhaps if there were a dozen more women in the same series racing, your point would be stronger.  But, Danica is a lone wolf in NASCAR's premiere series... BECAUSE she has talent.   Danica is an extremely talented driver and athlete.... that finishes consistently in the middle of the pack... which also means she is consistently better than half of her male counterparts.  Further, it's not fair to single her out as not being a winner yet... because there are very MANY other drivers that have never won.  

I'm a fan of hers because I'm a fan of auto racing... grew up with it and can appreciate the unbelievable skill and talent it takes at any level, much less the CUP SERIES.  Regardless, I don't see it as a pandering marketing ploy propping feminism... If it was, you'd see dozens of women "pushed" into other individual series... perhaps even unsafely, in order to push that agenda.  That's never going to happen... because the sport is much too difficult to accommodate "skill less" drivers.  THAT'S what makes Danica special...

And let's not forget Shirley Muldowney breaking the gender gap in drag racing... back in the '70's!!!

Now there's Courtney Force (John Force's daughter) racing and WINNING a lot in NHRA drag racing.... and so it goes...

I can't wait for Danica to win her first race... that's what FANS DO!  We root and cheer... even if she never does win!
REAL RECOGNIZED TALENT deserves a shot at participation... and winning...

That's my take on it all!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Shirley Muldowney also known professionally as "Cha Cha" and the "First Lady of Drag Racing"   :tiphat:

Awards and honors

• In 1975, she was voted the first woman member of the ten-person Auto Racing All-American team by the American Auto Racing Writers and Broadcasters Association.
  • In 1976, she was named Drag News Top Fuel Driver of the Year and voted to the Auto Racing All-American Team for the second time.
  • In 1977, she won the NHRA Winston world points championship, becoming the first woman to claim drag racing's most prestigious title. Recipient of "Outstanding Achievement Award" from the United States House of Representatives on October 14, 1977. Named Drag News Top Fuel Driver of the Year for the second straight season. Named Car Craft Magazine Person of the Year during the annual Car Craft Awards Banquet, Indianapolis, Indiana. First Top Fuel driver to win three NHRA national events back-to-back.
  • 1980 Won NHRA Winston world points championship for the second time.
  • 1981 Won AHRA world championship. Voted to Auto Racing All-American team for the fifth time. Voted Car Craft Magazine All-Star Team, Top Fuel Driver of the Year, for the second year in a row.
  • 1982 Won NHRA Winston points championship, becoming the first person to claim drag racing's most prestigious title three times. Voted to Auto Racing All-American Team for the fifth time.
  • In 1990, she was inducted into the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America.
  • In 2001, she was ranked number 5 on the National Hot Rod Association's 50th Anniversary list of its Top 50 Drivers, 1951-2000.[15]
  • In 2004, she was inducted into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.
  • In 2005, she was inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame.
  • in 2008, ESPN ranked her 21st on its list of the Top 25 Drivers of All Time, citing her record as the first woman to win a major racing championship.[16]

Impressive 

Edited by nstoolman1
  • Upvote 2

learning all i can; "Well let me tell ya! Women aren't equal to men..God didn't intend for it to be that way from the beginning...  Wonder why He made Adam 1st?"

Maybe you could work on rephrasing, it might help with the misconceptions?

Who was the first person Jesus verbally said point-blank to; I am the Christ..? (John 4:25,26)

After Jesus’ resurrection who was the first person Jesus appeared to..? (John 20:11-18)

The very first person that Jesus resurrected from death; was for who..? (Luke 7:12-15)   

As if that were not enough to view otherwise; the only being other than God having ability to create life…is the woman.

1Cor 11:3The head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God.

Notice that this statement of Gods arrangement does not point first to man’s headship. Rather, it draws attention to the fact that there is someone to whom the man should be looking for direction, someone whose example he should be following. That someone is Jesus Christ. He is the head of man. And in his dealings with his congregation, which is likened to a bride, Christ demonstrated the way to make a success of husbandly headship. His fine example stirred a willing response in his followers. When he took the lead, instead of being a boss, harsh and demanding toward his followers, Jesus was “mild-tempered and lowly in heart,” so that they found refreshment for their souls. (Matthew 11:28-30) Did he belittle them for their shortcomings? On the contrary, he lovingly counseled them and even laid down his life to cleanse them of sins.

Perhaps theirs much yet in learning spiritually about the equality of man and woman? 

: )

• Upvote 2

I see where your comin' from Barb...but I also think woman are amazinly strong....albeit not always physically the same as most men...though I've been seein' at a lot of skinny jeans and man buns lately and I might have to rethink my position! :unsure:

I live in the region of the birthplace of NASCAR, and though I'm not a big fan of all that noise I have to admit it takes nerves of steel to drive through a smokin' wreck at speeds pushin' 200mph.  Anybody...of any gender has my respect for that...but I still think their crazy...all that time and gas expended and they still just keep going round and round and never seem to get anywhere! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

I appreciate each of your opinions and especially the respect shown in sharing your thoughts.  Perhaps I was a bit hard on Danica but  I've waited so long for her to win and her losses always seems to come with excuses that I no longer enjoy watching her run.....probably more than Danica, I have come to despise the constant cries of women demanding equality when equality is not earned or warrantied.  It's just because.  Whether it is politics, armed forces or just that every day 9 to 5 job, the demands of women have become voices that scream power, I deserve it just because.   .

My rant came after watching the race last night...at the end of my now regretted post I signed off with "rant over".  It is now officially over and perhaps with the above comments, I can and will see Danica in a better light.   

Thank you,

barb

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Shirley Muldowney also known professionally as "Cha Cha" and the "First Lady of Drag Racing"   :tiphat:

Awards and honors

• In 1975, she was voted the first woman member of the ten-person Auto Racing All-American team by the American Auto Racing Writers and Broadcasters Association.
  • In 1976, she was named Drag News Top Fuel Driver of the Year and voted to the Auto Racing All-American Team for the second time.
  • In 1977, she won the NHRA Winston world points championship, becoming the first woman to claim drag racing's most prestigious title. Recipient of "Outstanding Achievement Award" from the United States House of Representatives on October 14, 1977. Named Drag News Top Fuel Driver of the Year for the second straight season. Named Car Craft Magazine Person of the Year during the annual Car Craft Awards Banquet, Indianapolis, Indiana. First Top Fuel driver to win three NHRA national events back-to-back.
  • 1980 Won NHRA Winston world points championship for the second time.
  • 1981 Won AHRA world championship. Voted to Auto Racing All-American team for the fifth time. Voted Car Craft Magazine All-Star Team, Top Fuel Driver of the Year, for the second year in a row.
  • 1982 Won NHRA Winston points championship, becoming the first person to claim drag racing's most prestigious title three times. Voted to Auto Racing All-American Team for the fifth time.
  • In 1990, she was inducted into the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America.
  • In 2001, she was ranked number 5 on the National Hot Rod Association's 50th Anniversary list of its Top 50 Drivers, 1951-2000.[15]
  • In 2004, she was inducted into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.
  • In 2005, she was inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame.
  • in 2008, ESPN ranked her 21st on its list of the Top 25 Drivers of All Time, citing her record as the first woman to win a major racing championship.[16]

Impressive 

Thanks nstoolman, I remember watching Cha-Cha at the drag strip, in that pink dragster, many times as a kid. Watched her beat Dig Daddy Don Garlits for the finals one time. She was pretty good.

• Upvote 1

....Well, this all seems fine and good and all the post have merit...Living the life of a ''Pioneer'' in the racing world..A Pioneer is (was back in the day) an individual that races without a sponsor...The racing world is and has always been about money and the people that were allowed to excel in the world of motorsports...It doesn't matter whether the race is run on two wheels or four the outcome is the same...The top elite racers are, in general, the top racers... but make no mistake about it,  there are racers on the circuit that could drive or ride circles around the people that drive for the top sponsors...Money makes the difference, make no ''ifs'', ''ands'' or ''buts'' about the reality of repressed talent and ability ...Some of the finest drivers and rides I was ever graced to race against did not make the Big Call for some pitty reason or excuse...Pride, jealousy, greed and corruption with all combinations of the four have kept the finest racers from ever being known as truly the best in the industry...I know personally several drivers that got a sponsored ride over a better driver because the less driver was more commercially compatible and had inside pull to take the next step...

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Fly said:

learning all i can; "Well let me tell ya! Women aren't equal to men..God didn't intend for it to be that way from the beginning...  Wonder why He made Adam 1st?"

Maybe you could work on rephrasing, it might help with the misconceptions?

Who was the first person Jesus verbally said point-blank to; I am the Christ..? (John 4:25,26)

After Jesus’ resurrection who was the first person Jesus appeared to..? (John 20:11-18)

The very first person that Jesus resurrected from death; was for who..? (Luke 7:12-15)   

As if that were not enough to view otherwise; the only being other than God having ability to create life…is the woman.

1Cor 11:3The head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God.

Notice that this statement of Gods arrangement does not point first to man’s headship. Rather, it draws attention to the fact that there is someone to whom the man should be looking for direction, someone whose example he should be following. That someone is Jesus Christ. He is the head of man. And in his dealings with his congregation, which is likened to a bride, Christ demonstrated the way to make a success of husbandly headship. His fine example stirred a willing response in his followers. When he took the lead, instead of being a boss, harsh and demanding toward his followers, Jesus was “mild-tempered and lowly in heart,” so that they found refreshment for their souls. (Matthew 11:28-30) Did he belittle them for their shortcomings? On the contrary, he lovingly counseled them and even laid down his life to cleanse them of sins.

Perhaps theirs much yet in learning spiritually about the equality of man and woman? 

: )

I'm not going to comment on the issue of a female NASCAR driver here.

But I did want to let you know, Fly, this has got to be the best post I have ever read of yours. You are so right. :bow::bravo:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was a refreshingly different post in a world where everyone is going in circles and making perpetual left turns.  Along comes Barb and makes a right turn in the middle of the pack and now everyone is talking about things that matter while the yellow flag is out.

Good Job Barb !  :twothumbs:  While everyone else is pitting, make your move - I see a green flag in your future. :soon:

GH

• Upvote 3

Oh man...  I have been busy if I've missed a NASCAR thread!    🏁🚗💨

I almost never pick her but I always root for Danica!  Barb, if one of my daughters wanted to be a NASCAR driver (or a rocket surgeon) and she had the passion and talent to do it well... I'd go all Ayn Rand on you with...

14729189778_1b73930192.jpg

I'm really looking forward to that first race Ms. Patrick wins... mostly so I can rub my husband's smug face in HER GLORIOUS VICTORY!  😜 You go Girl... ride the apron, take the air off his back end and loose him up, PUT HIM IN THE WALL!!!  🤣  😘

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, Whatshername said:

Oh man...  I have been busy if I've missed a NASCAR thread!    🏁🚗💨

I almost never pick her but I always root for Danica!  Barb, if one of my daughters wanted to be a NASCAR driver (or a rocket surgeon) and she had the passion and talent to do it well... I'd go all Ayn Rand on you with...

14729189778_1b73930192.jpg

I'm really looking forward to that first race Ms. Patrick wins... mostly so I can rub my husband's smug face in HER GLORIOUS VICTORY!  😜 You go Girl... ride the apron, take the air off his back end and loose him up, PUT HIM IN THE WALL!!!  🤣  😘

Oh WHN,  you got me all wrong here... I always root for women and expect much.  AND many times they truely outdo men..

I believe sheetdog hit the nail on the head.  In this day and time, or even in earlier days, it's not all about performance and ability but how marketable, sex and race.....  And money....Pick your poison.  At the present women just have to cry not fair and they are in like Flint because the public demands equality for all regardless of mental,skill or strength strength abilities.   Women have once again demanded recognition for qualities they do not have and pitifully the public demands such.  There are many that finish far above Danica but do ya hear their names plastered on the sports channels.  Do the sports casters race to get to the guys that finished better than Danica?  I think not........wonder why!   The only conclusion I can come to is that she is a women.   She makes em money, she is more marketable and she full well takes full advantage and demands that definition "just because"........ The " woman power", "just because" has truely given me the willies that I find hard to shake.   I say go for it Danica, but if you can't keep up, please don't expect the same recognition, money or respect from every body as others.....but who am I to voice my opinion about women and their pitiful cries?

Btw. If your daughter decides to drive NASCAR.... I'll be alll in for her until she proves she is unworthy to keep up and only has a place there because she's a woman. ...not sure  what a rocket surgeon is,  but hey,   she has my support on that one too if she can walk the walk.

Good to see ya.. Have a great day...and this is my opinion,  matters little if others agree

barb

• Upvote 4