Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

msdr government: Abadi will announce the "complete victory" in Mosul pm

yota691

I asked a while back how many SqK were left. this is from 13:10 EST today, very current.

Hope this helps.

Iraqi forces have dislodged Islamic State from all but 12 square km of Mosul, a military spokesman said on Tuesday, after planes dropped leaflets into the city telling civilians the battle was nearly won. 

Seven months into the U.S.-backed campaign, the militants now control only a few districts in the western half of Mosul including the Old City, where Islamic State is expected to make its last stand. 

The Iraqi government is pushing to declare victory by the holy month of Ramadan, expected to begin on May 27, even if pockets of resistance remain in the Old City, according to military commanders. 

A spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition backing Iraqi forces said the enemy was completely surrounded in the city and its fighters and resources were being destroyed.

?m=02&d=20170516&t=2&i=1184931469&w=&fh=

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

I asked a while back how many SqK were left. this is from 13:10 EST today, very current.

Hope this helps.

Iraqi forces have dislodged Islamic State from all but 12 square km of Mosul, a military spokesman said on Tuesday, after planes dropped leaflets into the city telling civilians the battle was nearly won. 

Seven months into the U.S.-backed campaign, the militants now control only a few districts in the western half of Mosul including the Old City, where Islamic State is expected to make its last stand. 

The Iraqi government is pushing to declare victory by the holy month of Ramadan, expected to begin on May 27, even if pockets of resistance remain in the Old City, according to military commanders. 

A spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition backing Iraqi forces said the enemy was completely surrounded in the city and its fighters and resources were being destroyed.

?m=02&d=20170516&t=2&i=1184931469&w=&fh=

Great find there CF . . . Even if pockets of diehards remains they still might declare " Victory " - wonder how that influences RV/CH7 ?

• Upvote 4

I would think the question of stability and security will be answered.  I do not think they will RV the next day but I would want to see a move in the right direction. I would want to see some purchasing power to the Dinar in the local market place and work from there. 

• Upvote 6

Field commanders: approaching the resolution of the battle of Mosul, the next destination of Tal Afar

3-3963.jpg

5/18/2017 0:00 

Wins the popular crowd Kairawan severed limbs {Daesh} 
Baghdad / morning  Mosul / Sunrise Maher Sondos Abdul Wahab 
Field commanders expected near the end of the battle to liberate Mosul after enable our heroine from the closure of the northern and western axes of the old city after besieging Aldoaash from the southern axis, declaring that the next destination for troops edit district of Tal Afar. 
This comes at a time resulted in the popular crowd wide operations currently under way in Kairouan and Baaj west of Nineveh, about dismemberment Daesh gangs and isolated from  
other axes. Smash gang lines commander to a counter - terrorism team . Gen. Abdul - Wahab al - Saadi, who is in the front lines, revealed that the device forces managed to destroy all defenses gangs Daesh in the right coast. He is noting that it blew up yesterday eight wheels bomb killed from them, as well as rapid progress in the neighborhood of Al - Najjar , who is the last bastion of Doaash in the western axis of the city. He pointed out that these gangs are no longer possess defensive or offensive force because of the cohesion of military units and escape Metzamiha.     Quoted correspondent «morning» Captain Ahmed al - Obeidi as saying that the rapid reaction forces took control of large parts within Najjar neighborhood and managed through the progress of the liberation of seven mosques and the killing of three snipers amid violent clashes, and managed to save dismantling the families of 50 civilians being held by the Aldoaash mostly clerics were arrested for elderly directed criticism of the terrorist organization of the crimes of murder and committing indecencies against residents, expecting to see the next few hours announced full control of the western axis generality of the coast right.   The old city in the pliers  turn, the Federal Police team leader Raed Shakir Jawdat said, that his forces raised the Iraqi flag on the minaret of the mosque Mufti and the power station in the neighborhood (July 17), and that the march of aircraft completely destroyed a convoy of wheels transporting tens of Aldoaash fleeing economists neighborhood, noting that the two neighborhoods located on the northern axis of the old city. He added that cuts federal police stationed in the southern axis door of the brick and the door of a new Farouk pay heavy retaining its weapons and medium machine guns for engagement with drain Aldoaash defensive abilities in the surrounding Al - Nouri Mosque area. He said Jawdat that these advanced forces from the northern axis crushed the defenses of the terrorist organization and dispersed elements between the dead and runaway as it continues to purge the rest of the shy economists and (July 17), confirming the deployment full regiment of snipers federal police on the roofs of buildings to assign specialized removal of mines and explosive engineering Mlakatha Smart planted Aldoaash in homes, roads and rescue stranded civilians amid the perimeter snares before it continues to advance towards the old city to restore another strategic goals of the Mosque of Al - Nouri.   He Jawdat said troops killed dozens of terrorists , the most prominent of the so - called ( the security official, Abu Hafsa Tunisia) and his deputy , the terrorist (Abu Ali Ansari) , and seized large quantities of weapons and ammunition. The Major told the federal police correspondent that the advanced forces clashed with Aldoaash in the areas of the new door and the door of brick and Mickawi which resulted in killing 20 of them and the seizure of equipment and wheels for them, and killed the so - called (suicide attacks , an official in the Mickawi area, Abu Adnan Sheikh suicide bombers), He warned that »federal forces surrounded Wednesday market and the new market as a prelude to Aguethamanma».   The promise of final victory  and the effect of it, revealed the commander of Nineveh operations Maj . Gen. Najim al - Jubouri, in an interview with the correspondent «morning», for the completion of the event that Ayman Mosul in the coming days will be heading for the Liberation of Tall Afar. He stressed that it is the next and final destination to end the presence of Daesh gangs in the general areas of Nineveh, especially as the rest of its terrorists last breath , as phonetic suffered heavy losses in lives and machinery and equipment. Jubouri said: he immediately after the completion of the resolution of the battle to liberate the right side of Mosul coalesce our troops from the army with the popular crowd for the liberation of the rest of the private Talafar , which is the stronghold of President of the presence of leaders and warlords and elements of Daesh gangs areas of the province, and is released the rest of the areas west of Nineveh It is Kairouan, Baaj and Adnaniyah. He pointed out that he will fly the army and air force greater role in the next battle, stressing that the forces ready to start the battle to liberate Tall Afar , hinting that the remains of a little time and give good news to the people of Tal Afar that the date of the battle starting very soon and will be edited and saved from the oppression of the terrorists, especially our troops and the popular crowd is keen to put the protection of the people and maintain safety at the forefront of priorities.   The crowd saves the families of Kairouan  and on the results of ongoing operations west of Nineveh .. said security expert Fadel Abu loaf: that these operations carried out by the heroes of the popular crowd air cover effectively from the Hawks Army Air led to the dismemberment Daesh gangs and isolate it from completely other axes, where they were able KD caches Aldoaash in the west of the city of Mosul and areas of Kairouan axis Baaj and Tal Afar , which is a very big danger point on the security cuts working on the right coast, adding that the crowd forces were able also to deprive Daesh of military and logistical supplies and preventing terrorist elements from infiltrating from the old Mosul towards the pain Western War while ensuring that the infiltration of Syrian Daesh tenderness toward the same axis, which led to the erosion of their potential Daesh gangs and are those areas in the rule of ending. So , according to a statement to the media body popular crowd forces that those who care about these forces rescued dozens of families fleeing from the oppression of gangs Daesh in the villages of the north side of Kairouan as supervised by the Security Directorate of the Commission on the operations of aid these families and move them to safe places, indicating that the heroes of the popular crowd treated targets Daesh on the outskirts of the villages north of Kairouan and achieved directly by injuries. Previously this confirmation shall inform the Commission that the brigade 13 popular crowd, managed, yesterday to secure an exit about 200 displaced families from the south - west of Kairouan city of Mosul areas and to provide the necessary assistance. The prosecution of sleeper cells did the activities of our forces on the breakers of Nineveh province , is limited .. but said the commander of the Tigris Operations Lt. Gen. Mazhar al - Azzawi, the start of large - scale military operations yesterday north of Diyala province , of three main axes. Adding that the joint forces of the army and police backed by the crowd and the popular clan and the backing of the army aviation was launched on Wednesday morning to carry out operations included Anjana areas and Sarha within the Hamrin Mountains in the northern part of the province in order to track down the terrorists gangs cells Daesh. Indicating that the base of operations intelligence in tracking targets, which comes within the framework of the strategic leadership to end the existence of any pockets or havens for extremist groups in Diyala adopted. Recalling that the Tigris operations were carried out similar operations in recent months in several parts of the province and led to the destruction of caches of those cells and capture the contents.
  • Upvote 5

Mosul: Daesh without fighting "leadership" and Iraqi forces stopped using heavy weapons

05/18/2017 11:30:00  

BAGHDAD / obelisk

Likely Lt. Gen. Abdul-Ghani al-Asadi commander of the anti-terrorism forces, on Thursday, the end of the battle to liberate the coast right from Mosul before the end of this May, coinciding with Ramadan solutions, while the Security Commission representative confirmed that the heavy weapons and artillery rocket and artillery strikes all of the Air Force parked not currently used in the old city of Mosul because of the presence of civilians.

He said al-Asadi "according to the ground resolution of the battle data will be a few days, but the basic problem remains the preservation of the safety of civilians from friendly fire," asserting that "the organization Daesh currently maintained by less than 10% of the west side and will continue his abdication from the remaining districts, under battles irregulars carried out by anti-terrorism forces, given the absence of fixed positions to the concentration of terrorists. "

Al-Asadi revealed a change Daesh strategy as fighting "is currently fighting in the remaining neighborhoods of Mosul territorially, ie, without coordinating elements of the neighborhoods with some of them due to the loss of command and control."

A few days ago I dropped leaflets on Iraqi aircraft Mosul began with the words "I approached Square decisiveness" and demanded publications to stop the use of any vehicle immediately to avoid considered a mistake of targeting Iraqi forces suicide attacks with car and motorcycle bombs.

Iskandar and berries member of the Committee on Security and Defense parliamentary refusal to set a date for the liberation of Mosul completely, but he made a number of field data that hinder the progress of the Iraqi forces and exert control over the entire city.

Said Tut, "The heavy weapons and artillery rocket and artillery strikes all of the Air Force parked not currently used in the old city of Mosul because of the presence of civilians," adding that "elements Daesh hiding inside the houses and pointing their guns towards the security forces locked in the streets of war inside the old city, which prohibits narrow streets of military vehicles from the freedom of movement. "

He pointed out that "the liberation of the remaining Mosul depends on intelligence information obtained by the security forces of civilians on the whereabouts of militants of the organization and his plans."

Source: Anatolia - Follow-up to the disposal of the obelisk

• Upvote 9

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq prepares official and popular celebrations for the liberation of Mosul

The arrival of additional US reinforcements to the vicinity of the airport and Camp Ghazlani

Iraq prepares official and popular celebrations for the liberation of Mosul

the source:
  • Baghdad, Mosul - Iraq Ahmad, Agencies
Date:May 19, 2017
image.jpg

A man from the neighborhood spring Weaver carrying his mother on his back elderly AFP

Iraq began the order to declare victory over al-Daesh and the end of the liberation of Mosul operations, which witnessed the depth of the right coast pitched battles for control of the other areas that are holed up terrorists, amid anticipation for the participation of private break into the old neighborhoods of US troops after the arrival of reinforcements to the vicinity Ghazlani Airport, while the announced United Nations displacement levels reached an unprecedented and relief organizations are struggling to provide the required assistance.

The Prime Minister said Haider al-Abadi: Achieving victory the entire city of Mosul, the expeditious and editing represents the final stage of salvation from the remnants of the Daesh.

The rest, it will require very little time and less effort, adding that the government will prepare a special program to mark the occasion and will be an official and popular where all official and popular institutions in all Iraqi provinces contribute to the celebration, and thus will speed up these celebrations in the liberation of the rest of the organization less time.

He revealed the Nineveh provincial council member Hassan Allaf, in a press statement, that the security forces had adopted a new plan to liberate the remaining from the right coast connector neighborhoods, likely the end of the editing right coast battles the beginning of next week.

As additional US forces arrived in the vicinity of the city of Mosul, and stationed at the airport, Camp Ghazlani, during the past two days, to participate in the storming of the old neighborhoods of Mosul, along with Iraqi forces, after besieging the city from all directions, according to An Iraqi military source.

US participation

He added, it will be the role of US forces in the process, to possess sufficient weapons and expertise that will enable them to break into the city in the coming days. And that the Iraqi forces will be involved US troops.

Prior to the recent fighting that has Made some battles along with its advisory role, especially in the neighborhoods where the organization showed stiff resistance. He is pointing out that the intrusions will take place during the coming days to end the presence of a military organization in the city.

For his part, he said a spokesman for the joint operations Brigadier General Yahya Messenger, said the federal police and other forces surrounded the mosque Nouri and a beacon of humpback, and there is infiltration process, in addition to opening a large front on the enemy from the north-western areas of the city, pointing out that the security forces are accurate operations for the Liberation Mosque Al-Nouri.

He explained that it is not certain to be the history of the occupation of Mosul is the same as the date of liberation, but the victory is near. In this context, the media reported military cell, on Thursday, Iraqi forces stormed the defenses Daesh front in plain Sinjar military airport south of Kairouan, as a prelude to the storming.

Migration

To that United Nations announced that about half a million Iraqis have been displaced west of Mosul, according to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, this raises the number of displaced since the launch of Iraqi forces Mosul operation to liberate the city from the organization Daesh last October to 700 thousand Iraqis.

Lise Grande Coordinator Office for Humanitarian Affairs for Iraq: The number of people fleeing from their homes in western Mosul, a huge ... and many of them suffer from food insecurity and can not access to safe drinking water and medicines weeks or months ago.

Meeting

Search the Secretary-General of the League of Arab States, Ahmed Aboul Gheit, with a delegation of members of the Iraqi Parliament, the latest developments in the Iraqi arena and the role it is important to Iraq could play in promoting Arab action system Almstrk.osrah Minister Plenipotentiary Mahmoud Afifi, that the Iraqi delegation introduced during the meeting, the most important the dimensions of the challenges facing Iraq.

• Upvote 5

Relief organizations struggling to provide required assistance really? SHAME SHAME on the whole damn bunch of you.

You knew what was coming and had more than enough time to get ready. NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! United Nations you

are a joke and you make me sick.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

It hurts my heart to think of the Iraqi people having to live in peril in these battle zones in constant fear of execution by monsters or getting caught in the cross fire of those assisting in the liberation of their cities.  Civilian casualties are a horrible reality of war zones unfortunately.

As I sit on my comfy couch reading the articles via internet and courtesy of those who do all the research to post them, drinking my morning coffee I pray for these souls.

The citizens need this to end.  We all want the RV but lately I have been praying more for the Iraqis then for myself.

God bless all of us.

• Upvote 13

Just now, ScaryMary said:

It hurts my heart to think of the Iraqi people having to live in peril in these battle zones in constant fear of execution by monsters or getting caught in the cross fire of those assisting in the liberation of their cities.  Civilian casualties are a horrible reality of war zones unfortunately.

As I sit on my comfy couch reading the articles via internet and courtesy of those who do all the research to post them, drinking my morning coffee I pray for these souls.

The citizens need this to end.  We all want the RV but lately I have been praying more for the Iraqis then for myself.

God bless all of us.

Amen.   :praying:

• Upvote 6

34 minutes ago, nannab said:

Relief organizations struggling to provide required assistance really? SHAME SHAME on the whole damn bunch of you.

You knew what was coming and had more than enough time to get ready. NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! United Nations you

are a joke and you make me sick.

TRUTH!!

• Upvote 3

CNN. Broadcasting While Liberating A Cork From A Bottle !

(by don961)

Joint Special Operations Command: complete the liberation of the western axis of Mosul

Rezan Ahmad

05/20/2017 - 12:52

Announced the officer in command of joint operations on Saturday, for the liberation of the entire western axis of Mosul (400 km north of Baghdad), from the grip of the organization Daesh.

Colonel Khaled slain correspondent (Basenyoz): "The security forces have completed editing the western axis of Mosul after the liberation of (Al-Najjar neighborhood) last strongholds of the organization in the region."

Adding that: "The security forces freed 27 residential neighborhood, killing hundreds of militants Daesh in the western axis of the city since the start of operations."

http://www.basnews.com/index.p.....raq/351647

• Upvote 10

17 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

CNN. Broadcasting While Liberating A Cork From A Bottle !

(by don961)

Joint Special Operations Command: complete the liberation of the western axis of Mosul

Rezan Ahmad

05/20/2017 - 12:52

Announced the officer in command of joint operations on Saturday, for the liberation of the entire western axis of Mosul (400 km north of Baghdad), from the grip of the organization Daesh.

Colonel Khaled slain correspondent (Basenyoz): "The security forces have completed editing the western axis of Mosul after the liberation of (Al-Najjar neighborhood) last strongholds of the organization in the region."

Adding that: "The security forces freed 27 residential neighborhood, killing hundreds of militants Daesh in the western axis of the city since the start of operations."

http://www.basnews.com/index.p.....raq/351647

DT Thanks,  DV,  Excellent this weekend will be full of good news for the Iraqi citizens and us DV members that Mosul will finally be liberated.   The people deserve this!!!!!!

GO HCL

GO National Settlement

GO RV / RI

• Upvote 9

18 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

DT Thanks,  DV,  Excellent this weekend will be full of good news for the Iraqi citizens and us DV members that Mosul will finally be liberated.   The people deserve this!!!!!!

GO HCL

GO National Settlement

GO RV / RI

Good morning Thugs. And tiger,  I will be sticking close here to DV to see this weekend unfold, exciting times indeed. :mexican:

• Upvote 6

55 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

Good morning Thugs. And tiger,  I will be sticking close here to DV to see this weekend unfold, exciting times indeed. :mexican:

I will be right there with you. They are down to one strong point left.  This should be finished by Ramada.  

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, blueskyline said:

Thanks Thug . Good Morning DV's 

34 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Great news this morning! Thanks Thug & blueskyline for bringing over the articles! 

I'm sooooo ready to celebrate  :undocumented::backflip:   

Go RV!!!

34 minutes ago, gregp said:

Amazing! Here we go! Thanks, Thugs and Bluesky!!

:tiphat::undocumented::undocumented:

Dash is OUT OF THERE!!! :banhammer:

Kudos out to Iraq and coalition forces, looks like they have accomplished their agenda  :salute:

They will be celebrating tonight in Iraq I bet, so hopefully we can advance on important laws and, tie them down so we can start our own party here in DV  :backflip:

• Upvote 6

Bluesskyline,  DV,  We are truly on our way to the Ultimate Blessings we are about to receive.  PM Abadi should be enroute to Mosul as we see the end of ISIS in that area to make the Official Announcement.  Iraqi & Coalition Forces have done great things to rid the world of these rats.

GO National Settlement 

GO HCL

GO Important Laws

GO RV / RI

• Upvote 7

Gret

15 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

Kudos out to Iraq and coalition forces, looks like they have accomplished their agenda  :salute:

They will be celebrating tonight in Iraq I bet, so hopefully we can advance on important laws and, tie them down so we can start our own party here in DV  :backflip:

Finally we will all get to meet!

• Upvote 2

History of edits:: 2017/5/20 19:14 • 136 times readable
Mosul operations leaders meet to discuss the latest release plans to revive three
[Where - special] 
met security chiefs to Edits city of Mosul to discuss the latest release plans for three neighborhoods in the right side of the connector.
According to the beginning of a security source told all of Iraq [where] that " the security chiefs of ongoing military operations in the city of Mosul , met this afternoon to discuss military plans to edit neighborhoods [Alzenjal old city and the container]," pointing out that " the security forces surrounded the old city completely and consider the instructions to storm the existence of A number of civilians inside. " 
He noted that " the most prominent leaders gathered commander of the coming operations Aaninoy General Abdel It Aarallah leaders anti - terrorism device [Lieutenant - General Abdul - Ghani al - Asadi, Lieutenant General Sami Arda, Lt. Gen. Abdul - Wahab al - Saadi, Maj . Gen. Maan al- Saadi], as well as federal police captain Raed Shakir Jawdat, the ninth division commander Lt. Gen. Qassim al - Maliki, a large number of officers and ranks in the security forces. " 
The security forces had made clear progress in the liberalization of the right side of the city of Mosul , military operations after the terrorist Daesh gangs inflict considerable human and material losses.

BAGHDAD / Press tomorrow:
He ordered the head of the anti-terrorism team first corner student Hgati Kanani, on Saturday, honoring all employees of the anti-terrorism operations involved editing of Mosul.
Said Hgati in a brief statement received "Tomorrow's Press," It "is honoring all employees of the regiments involved editing operations of Mosul, non-commissioned officers and the ranks by giving them the highest rank in recognition of their heroism in defeating the terrorist gangs Daesh".
The head of the anti-terrorism team corner called Hgati announced earlier in the day, "and the completion of the completion of the" axis of the machine in the right coast of the city of Mosul.
  • Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to msdr government: Abadi will announce the "complete victory" in Mosul pm