Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"Karim" at the Iraqi-British Business Council (IBBC) conference

yota691

History of edits:: 2017/4/9 20:41 • 144 times readable
British Ambassador: businessmen are aware of investment opportunities in Iraq and the government's handling of corruption
[Where - Baghdad] 
said the British ambassador to Iraq , Frank Baker, said Sunday that "toured the British business and women are aware of the opportunities and incentives to invest in Iraq , " calling on the government to "tackle corruption to the success of the project."
According to Baker , in a statement received by all of Iraq [where] a copy of it today, ".altakit many British businessmen and women who are aware of the opportunities and incentives to invest in Iraq , " during the British export financing organization about doing business seminar in Iraq as part of the annual conference of the Council of Iraqi - British Business ", calling on the government to address the phenomenon of corruption." 
He noted " the signing of a memorandum of understanding with Abdul Razak Abdul Jalil Al - Issa, Minister of Finance on behalf of which paves the way for a new set of support from the British export infrastructure in Iraq funding organization , " pointing out that "this agreement will open the door for further economic cooperation between our two countries" . 
He said , "One of the ways in which we can take out of this cooperation forward is through the organization of commercial visits to Iraq with the increase in the commercial interests of the United Kingdom , " asserting that "these visits the commercial teams are currently drawing attention to it. But if Iraq will attract real foreign investment the government will also need to address the problem of corruption. " 
He explained that "over the past few years , Iraq was rightly focused on the defeat of the curse Daesh," adding that "advancing Iraqi security forces, with the support of the global coalition to defeat Daesh in the coming months , " stressing "The Government of Iraq must now begin to pay attention to address the great challenge of the following: corruption and this will not only provide a higher level of services to the Iraqi people, but Ciecjaa British companies to see Iraq a reliable business partner. " 
He concluded that " the elimination of corruption , we can help Iraq rebuild after decades of war and sanctions that stand behind him, however began to defeat Daesh looming, the Government of Iraq is now beginning to look to reconstruction and reconciliation plans , it is important now more than ever to meet people and politicians to work together for a strong and unified Iraq. "
  • Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to British Ambassador: Investment Opportunities in Iraq, large

British Ambassador: Investment Opportunities in Iraq, large

4/11/2017 0:00 

Baghdad / Al- Sabah 
said the British ambassador to Iraq, Frank Baker, that «British businessmen are aware of the opportunities and incentives to invest in Iraq». 
He explained Baker, in a statement received «morning», «I met many British women and businessmen who are aware of the opportunities and incentives to invest in Iraq, during the British export financing organization about doing business seminar in Iraq as part of the annual conference of the Iraqi Council of Business British». 
Baker pointed to « the signing of a memorandum of understanding with the Minister of Finance Agency Abdul Razak Abdul Jalil Al - Essa to pave the way for a new set of support from the British export infrastructure financing organization in Iraq», pointing out that «this agreement will open the door for further economic cooperation between 
our two countries» . 
Among the British ambassador said that «one of the ways in which we can take out of this cooperation forward is through the organization of commercial visits to Iraq with the increase in the commercial interests of the United Kingdom», adding that «these visits the commercial teams are currently drawing 
attention to them. 
But if Iraq will attract real foreign investment, the government will also need to address the problem of corruption. » 
Baker , who pointed out that «over the past few years , Iraq had the right to focus on defeating Daesh». 
Baker concluded «that the defeat Daesh looming, the Government of Iraq has now begun looking forward to the plans of reconstruction  
and reconciliation is now more important than ever that people and politicians come together to work for a strong Iraq  
and united.»

• Upvote 2

Abadi receives British Minister of State and looking with the reconstruction of the liberated areas

economy

Since 04/11/2017 16:10 am (Baghdad time)

10_1.jpg

BAGHDAD - The balance of News

Search Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, Tuesday, with the Minister of State Albertani for the Middle East and Africa, Tobias Ellwood, the reconstruction of the liberated areas in addition to the investment.

A statement by the Prime Minister's Office, received / scales News /, that "Abadi received at his office, the British Minister of State for the Middle East and Africa, Tobias Ellwood and his accompanying delegation," noting that "the meeting discussed the progress of liberation of Mosul, the process and the victories achieved."

The statement added, "The two sides also discussed during the meeting, bilateral relations and stability support projects in the liberated areas and infrastructure in southern Iraq, as well as to encourage British companies to invest." Ended 29/34 t 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Iraq, May 3, 2017 

Vikas Handa is joining the Iraq Britain Business Council (IBBC) as the UAE Representative to run the IBBC office in Dubai and will be responsible for the overall outreach in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region.

Many IBBC members will know Vikas, who previously headed Weir Oil & Gas operations in the Eastern Hemisphere for the last 17 years, where he set up the Weir Middle East branch and oversaw management of the European, African and CIS regions.

In particular, his highlights include; setting up an API well-head production and service facility in the UAE and Iraq, extending Weir’s general capabilities to oil and gas maintenance services and helping to reconstruct Iraq after the second Gulf war.

Furthermore, Vikas recently headed IBBC’s Oil and Gas chair and has a good relationship with IBBC’s key members and as a mechanical engineer, he understands the intricacies of the engineering world. Having worked for a British company and in Iraq and the middle East for over 20 years, he is well placed to help both British and Iraqi businesses at the IBBC.

As an expert oil and gas member, Vikas sees Dubai as the portal into Iraq, where multinational energy and oil companies as well as manufacturers and service providers aggregate to provide Iraq with products and services.

His role is to encourage more companies to work in Iraq and to bring skills and talent to support its redevelopment. For companies who are already based in Iraq and for those who are considering setting up business there, IBBC is a fast growing membership organisation which can aid business development and help companies navigate into this burgeoning market.

The time is right, the economy is stronger and with security significantly improving, Vikas is determined to bring world class services and investment opportunities into Iraq.

Vikas additionally has his own consultancy and service business in the Oil and Gas sector, which is based in the UAE.

businessnews

http://iraqdailyjournal.com/story-z15222650

• Upvote 14

More good stuff.

Yep, any minute now.

BAM. I mean all of a sudden. Ok, Im holding my breath. Push the RV button.

Quick. I'll count it down. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 happy RV. ¤#$$©¤~>¥#©$$$¥£".

Are we there yet. Ahhhh, cr@p..

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 13

1 hour ago, jg1 said:

More good stuff.

Yep, any minute now.

BAM. I mean all of a sudden. Ok, Im holding my breath. Push the RV button.

Quick. I'll count it down. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 happy RV. ¤#$$©¤~>¥#©$$$¥£".

Are we there yet. Ahhhh, cr@p..

Couldn't have said it any better ! :tiphat:

• Upvote 7

• yota691 changed the title to Abadi: Investment doors open to international companies
14-5-201702-660x330.jpg

Abadi: Investment doors open to international companies

Journal May 14, 2017

BAGHDAD - The Journal News

Search Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi with the Iraqi British Business Council (IBBC) to contribute to the resettlement of the liberated areas and the implementation of social welfare programs.

According to a statement to the Office of Abadi, Sunday, "Prime Minister received in his office the President of the Iraqi-British Business Council (lBBC) Baroness Emma Nicholson, was discussed during the meeting to strengthen relations between Iraq and Britain, and to increase cooperation in all, especially the economic ones fields."

He said Abadi, according to the statement, that "the doors are open investment to international companies including British companies because of her great abilities, and also emphasized the importance of the revitalization of the commercial sector, and increase Iraqi capacity building opportunities."

• Upvote 2

Sunday, May 14, 2017 21:42

Search Bigger

Alsumaria News / Baghdad 
confirmed Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi and head of the Iraqi British Business Council , Baroness Emma Nicholson, on Sunday, the importance of the revitalization of the commercial sector and increase Iraqi capacity building opportunities. 

The Information Office of Ebadi said in a statement I followed Alsumaria News, said that "Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi, received today, the head of the Iraqi British Business Council (lBBC) Baroness Emma Nicholson , " noting that "During the meeting , they discussed strengthening relations between Iraq and Britain, and to increase cooperation in all fields , especially the economic ones. "

He added that, " it was stressed that the doors are open investment to international companies including British companies because of her great abilities, as well as also emphasized the importance of the revitalization of the commercial sector and increase Iraqi capacity building opportunities," pointing out that "was discussed contributing to re - stabilize the liberated areas and the implementation of social welfare programs in other areas. " 

It is noteworthy that Iraq has signed, in 0 March 2017, a memorandum of understanding with Britain on a loan by 10 billion pounds sterling for the development of infrastructure in Iraq, according to Iraqi Finance Minister Agency Abdul Razak Al - Issa , who noted that the duration of the loan is ten years.
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

:bump: you guys have my vote.  I want to go into work and tell that due to personnel issues I will be leaving the company. Then discreetly disappear into the sunset.  

A wonderful thought...but i know i'll definitely be finishing work if its anything over 20 cents... 

5 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

A wonderful thought...but i know i'll definitely be finishing work if its anything over 20 cents... 

I am hoping for 1 to 1 but if it comes out at .10 my gut feeling is it will not last for long.  Demand to be in Iraq will drive it up.  

• Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to "Karim" at the Iraqi-British Business Council (IBBC) conference