Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Boots on the ground in Iraq

madmanak47

Its not just the Iraqis, but Arabs in general. I spent two years in Kuwait after the first Gulf War and I found the Kuwaities the same way. It is indeed an art form and getting one over on someone is worn as a badge of honor.

Yeah, Americans dont lie and steal. No American gets over on anybody. I sure hope they dont judge us from some of our thieves and liars as a nation. I work with them and know some are good and some are not so good.

• Upvote 1

This is true lying is alright according the Koran.

1st to save one's life

2nd to effect a peace or reconciliation

3rd to persuade a woman

4th on the occasion of a journey or expedition.

Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences."

There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them.

Hmmmmm... now that explains the big O" theory.

Lie like a rug, then lie again ! There are changes coming...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, Americans dont lie and steal. No American gets over on anybody. I sure hope they dont judge us from some of our thieves and liars as a nation. I work with them and know some are good and some are not so good.

Take a chill pill Dude.........We are talking about Arabs, not Americans. All humans are born liars, some just advance it to an art form.

• Upvote 2

I know that I said I would report something yesterday but we got very busy and were unable to get to the bank. My co-workers did make it there today only to find it closed for the last two days. When they enquired about the bank, they were told it was closed due to a religious holiday in Baghdad.

Some interesting information did come out of the day take this for what it is worth. We have Iraqi civilians that come onto base to work in various departments. They are telling the Expatriates that work in these departments that word on the street is that something will happen very soon. None of these individuals will trade Dinar for dollars anymore.

Now before everyone slams on the gas full throttle let me say one thing I have worked with this culture before lying is considered an art form for some of these folks. They may very well think in their mind that if they tell the Americans what they want to hear they will continue to let them work. Understand I am not condemning the entire nation but I have witnessed it many times in the last five years that I have worked here.

With this said I am sorry that I cannot give you all something more but I can say this, I pray it will not be much longer. I grow weary of this place and miss my wife and family I am here for God and Country first the money is just a bonus.

Madman Out

Just come home safe Madman... hopefully it won't be too much longer.

1st to save one's life

3rd to persuade a woman

Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences."

There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them.

No#3 is Universal I believe! GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st to save one's life

3rd to persuade a woman

You're right, but I gotta say, I've never understood how they reconcile the contradictions in Quaran. The good book is replete with the other stuff, too, ie "Truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies." Surah 40:28.

Figure.

cheers,

Maynard

I know that I said I would report something yesterday but we got very busy and were unable to get to the bank. My co-workers did make it there today only to find it closed for the last two days. When they enquired about the bank, they were told it was closed due to a religious holiday in Baghdad.

Some interesting information did come out of the day take this for what it is worth. We have Iraqi civilians that come onto base to work in various departments. They are telling the Expatriates that work in these departments that word on the street is that something will happen very soon. None of these individuals will trade Dinar for dollars anymore.

Now before everyone slams on the gas full throttle let me say one thing I have worked with this culture before lying is considered an art form for some of these folks. They may very well think in their mind that if they tell the Americans what they want to hear they will continue to let them work. Understand I am not condemning the entire nation but I have witnessed it many times in the last five years that I have worked here.

With this said I am sorry that I cannot give you all something more but I can say this, I pray it will not be much longer. I grow weary of this place and miss my wife and family I am here for God and Country first the money is just a bonus.

Madman Out

Your right Bro, you've been there too long and you know the iraqi very well. stay safe it will all be over soon enough, God Bless.

I know if I had lived under a barbaric dictator like Sadaam Hussein I would have been a Number 1 Class A liar bar none Par Excellance!!

You never forget survival skills. Oh yeah we Americans lie....My own corporation demands it everyday as they really don't want to hear the truth....they just want the job done and until it becomes an issue that has to be dealt with..........go ahead lie away. But I don't call it lies. I call professional and social lubrication...... ;) You don't think I'd lie about that stuff would ya!!!! :lol::lol:

Thank you Madman, First for your service and my freedom and for your information. We appreciate what you bring to

the forum and are grateful that you are honest. Thank you for the post and we look forward to your safe return home to your family. You

will be in our prayers. Go RV!

Edited by YANNAVIA
  • Upvote 1

I am so proud to be an American. I see our soldiers over there serving our country sacrificing family life for a good cause. I also see Americans here stateside thanking them for those sacrifices our soldiers make each and everyday. It really softens my heart to see this. There was a time when it was not so. The Vietnam war brought out a lot of hatred towards our military. I remember because I recieved a lot of as a Marine serving during that time. I'm glad that the trend has changed and we as Americans support our troops. There is nothing better in the world knowing that you are appreciated for your service. I certainly appreciate it. God Bless You and your Family. I pray for the safe return of all our troops and Salute you for your service. God Bless America. God Bless our People. Thank you for the post. Semper Fi

• Upvote 6

I am so proud to be an American. I see our soldiers over there serving our country sacrificing family life for a good cause. I also see Americans here stateside thanking them for those sacrifices our soldiers make each and everyday. It really softens my heart to see this. There was a time when it was not so. The Vietnam war brought out a lot of hatred towards our military. I remember because I recieved a lot of as a Marine serving during that time. I'm glad that the trend has changed and we as Americans support our troops. There is nothing better in the world knowing that you are appreciated for your service. I certainly appreciate it. God Bless You and your Family. I pray for the safe return of all our troops and Salute you for your service. God Bless America. God Bless our People. Thank you for the post. Semper Fi

Don't believe I could have said it any better!

WOW,,,,, That was awesome.. I never got to meet or even see my dad... He died in a helicopter crash --- when I was 8 months in the belly.. I have pics and letters he sent my mom but no other memories.. Im 39 and i think we are all doing the right thing with this investment... But without faith is without life.............

• Upvote 2

Madman Out

Thanks for your service Madman!! And you stay safe my friend,a big handshake to you!!