Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

End of Vietnam War - April 30, 1975

George Hayduke

For some, it will never be over.

It wasn't just the conflict.

It was coming "home" to insults, jeers, and attacks, by "peace" loving liberals that scarred the deepest.

We were not allowed to fight  on the same terms they did, hollywood lefties came to the north's "rescue".

They treated everyone like we were all shooters at My Lai, and they never stood one to one, always 10 to one.

Peace will only come when the lights go out.

Until then, they just endure.

And here we are, the damn lefites are at it again.

When, I wonder, will America finally wake up, and shoot those ungrateful morons dead?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

My husband and I met right after he came home from Vietnam. He still has some PTSD issues so we never really talked about it. He hid his veteran status for a long time.

One of his proudest moments was when his oldest daughters gave him a Vietnam Veteran hat last year for his birthday. He proudly wears it around town now. The impact of the 'conflict' continues on for many veterans and families. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, divemaster5734 said:

For some, it will never be over.

It wasn't just the conflict.

It was coming "home" to insults, jeers, and attacks, by "peace" loving liberals that scarred the deepest.

We were not allowed to fight  on the same terms they did, hollywood lefties came to the north's "rescue".

They treated everyone like we were all shooters at My Lai, and they never stood one to one, always 10 to one.

Peace will only come when the lights go out.

Until then, they just endure.

And here we are, the damn lefites are at it again.

When, I wonder, will America finally wake up, and shoot those ungrateful morons dead?

I remember all to well just getting out of High School, having lost some older friends and a bad home life as a kid....Damn, I wanted to go back then so bad....3 visits to a Marine Recruiter and all I got was stay home and go to College....We are getting out and don't need your type anymore.

Somehow I knew I would never come home back then....I have been fighting the Good Fight Every Since.

Then I was ashamed as to how the returning Soldiers were rejected, insulted and abused.

Today I am still ashamed of the way Our Veterans are treated by these antifa, snowflake want a be bad asses......Just now I am old enough, wise enough and pissed enough that this time the liberal left will Have the Battle They are Demanding......I fear when the Right has had enough there is going to be a mass Culling of stupid ass kids that have no respect for anything but themselves.

Many thanks to ALL of This Countries Hero's that Fought, Suffered and Died to see these snowflakes can burn and riot for what they have never earned.

Karsten

• Upvote 7

LOOK AT IT! 

It is so small and intense, yet filled with so much life and now in the millennium; death.  It's a wonder how such a small droplet of bright crimson can hold one’s attention and draw them into a reverent introspection of this moment of now, and a past moment of then; while at the same time paralleling the importance of both through some kind of continuous magic carpet-ride time warp.

However, unlike the air conditioned examination room of the medi-center a month ago when you endured your annual blood work and prostrate exam, it was hot, damn hot and humid when the first drop of 1969 blood splattered then began to grow.  There was not going to be a small wad of cotton taped to the crook of your arm that would cease that flow, the flood gates had been opened by powers not of this earth.

That first sight of free flowing blood grew unnervingly fast and spread with spirited urgency as sharp rhythmic reports of automatic AK-47 gun fire surrounded you and split the day in half as mortars turned the rice paddy upside down with a thunderous exclamation forcing the cries of an ambushed and out maneuvered choir dressed in OD green to a high falsetto. Squeezed yet again by an advancing and determined enemy and forced up to an even higher octave heard only in rare moments of men truly becoming soldiers, the light finally came on for all to see.

Guardian angels in heaven stepped back in awe as ordinary boys and men were forced out of their shrew like existence and pressed into service as soldiers with unique power and authority that can only become revealed through the relentless hammering of a perfect God on the anvil of life.

Even the demons of hell ceased their jackal like sneers and stood still in the shadows of the lurking mangroves. 

What a sight! 

Blood everywhere... overflowing the rice paddy and downstream to the Mekong River and out to the South China Sea carrying soon to be bloated bodies of your buddies...and their buddies away.  And yet, a temporary calm began to settle over the deadly chaos, not muting nor stifling the horror but rather clarifying the discordant disaster.  The death and mayhem became clear and made sense and fit perfectly between the screams and the palm trees.  It was there for all to see of course and, it became obvious that this was the devils playground. Everyone knew without hesitation there would be no turning back and that the only way to reach 1970 was to go further in with balls to the wall. 

Most of your brothers-in-arms kept shooting and reloading while others cried out for God to help them. But God almighty, a seemingly silent smithy, had already answered them some months ago through tricky ****'s draft notice whereby they were duly notified that they were worthy of the battle!

You are on your own now, buddy boy, dig in and fight!

… In that horrible humid battle your mind blinked like a fine German camera forever recording the fierce truth before you, never to let you forget what you saw and learned that day.  And, sometimes when the light is just right or a breeze caresses your cheek in a certain way you remember it in black and white and sometimes in full Technicolor but you will never, ever, be able to forget it.  And sometimes when you read about an office worker going berserk and killing a bunch of co-workers you don't believe so much that he was angry at his victims but rather he was just so hungry for that crystal vision he's heard about that he tried to siphon his own gas. No doubt he is just one of the many causalities of a morphine like peace that has settled upon us all.  Maybe it's not that we need another war but that we need to wake up and see the war around us!  A call to arms if you will... now where is that dam bugle boy when you need him? 

GH :salute:

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, easterlily said:

My husband and I met right after he came home from Vietnam. He still has some PTSD issues so we never really talked about it. He hid his veteran status for a long time.

One of his proudest moments was when his oldest daughters gave him a Vietnam Veteran hat last year for his birthday. He proudly wears it around town now. The impact of the 'conflict' continues on for many veterans and families. 

BTW, I haven't told my husband about the Dinar. He couldn't handle the stress. Some days I can't handle it myself.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, easterlily said:

He hid his veteran status for a long time.

One of his proudest moments was when his oldest daughters gave him a Vietnam Veteran hat last year for his birthday. 

I started a fire and threw my duffel in it 30 miles from base, and didn't talk about it for 20 years.

It was my sons that brought me out.

Don't need a support group, drank for a few decades instead.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, divemaster5734 said:

I started a fire and threw my duffel in it 30 miles from base, and didn't talk about it for 20 years.

It was my sons that brought me out.

Don't need a support group, drank for a few decades instead.

my support group was a six pack, several each day, an I never missed a meetin

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, DIAMOND said:

my support group was a six pack, several each day, an I never missed a meetin

"Saved by the Grace of God" ain't no bull.

Every now and then I get into a conversation that brings home the dark place He delivered me from.

Thank you, my brother, I needed that shot of humility.

And, thanks for your service.

• Upvote 4

I was 18 at the time the "conflict" came to an end. I met a lot of the soldiers that came back and the biggest complaint they (the ones I spoke to) had was nobody said welcome home.

I started saying it to every one I met, even to this day I get a smile out of those I greet.

Sooo, let me say this to all of our members and quests on this forum that served or are serving our country:

God bless you, welcome home and thanks for your service.

:twothumbs:       :bravo:        :salute:

• Upvote 5