Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Next Saturday .. Abadi will announce the liberation of Mosul in full

I expect Abadi to come out Saturday and make an announcement. "Nooooo. I said NEXT Saturday". 

Won't we all look like fools??  :rolleyes:

I-m-not-stupid-I-m-just-unlucky-when-I-think?size=800

Edited by King Bean
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ChuckFinley said:

I settle for him just to make an announcement. It could be any day :lol:

As long as his announcement doesn't include - " in the coming days " "in the near future " " around the corner " " on the verge of . . . "  - - - I think we'll be alright. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 5

IRAQ'S DEFENSE MINISTER MEETS BARZANI FOR TALKS ON ANTI-ISIS EFFORTS

Iraq's Defense Minister meets Barzani for talks on anti-ISIS efforts

3 hours ago

Views 471

ERBIL – Iraq's Defense Minister Irfan al-Hiyali arrived on Saturday (April 29) in Erbil to meet with Masoud Barzani for talks on the fight against Islamic State (ISIS).

The official website of the Kurdistan Region Presidency (KRP) reported that Barzani and Hiyali held discussions in a meeting that was also attended by a commander of the Iraqi Air Force, Lieutenant General Anwar Hamad Amin, the Kurdish Interior Minister, and the acting Peshmerga Minister Karim Sinjari.

Iraq's Defense Minister and Barzani discussed the latest security developments and anti-ISIS efforts in Iraq and the region, according to the KRP website.

There were reportedly talks held around post-ISIS Mosul and the situation in recaptured areas, as well as ongoing military cooperation between Iraqi forces and the Peshmerga.

Iraqi and Kurdish forces began the offensive to regain control of Mosul on October 17 after an official decree by Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi.

Iraqi Army Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Othman al-Ghanemi said on Friday (April 28) that Iraqi forces will drive Islamic State (ISIS) out of Mosul within a maximum of a three-week period.

(NRT)

• Upvote 1

Here is something I googled:

Ramadan 2017 in United States of America will begin in the evening of

Friday
May 26

and ends in the evening of

Sunday
June 25

From what I understand, the actual (not anticipated/planned) start and end of Ramadan has to do with a specific phase and position of the Moon in the sky called something like a "sighting". The typical Ramadan lasts 29 days but can last as long as 30 days (but no longer than 30 days). If there is cloud cover on the 29th day so that the Moon is not "sighted", apparently tradition has it to automatically extend the fast to 30 days. The fast only applies during the day (sun up to sun down) where no food or liquids are consumed except for clearly compelling medical reasons (rare). Supposedly, day time activities are conducted as usual during Ramadan with the exception of food and liquids consumption. After sun down to sun up, food and liquids can be consumed in quantities desired. Apparently, alcoholic beverages are forbidden so these would not be consumed at any time.

Due to this season, things aught to be heating up over there so daytime military operations would be fatiguing without water especially and food during Ramadan. So, I suspect that the ISIS extermination in Mosul, and maybe even the rest of Iraq, will be completed before the end of Friday, May 26 in the US or there about depending on the Moon "sighting" in Iraq. Either way you look at it, May 26 is suspiciously close to the "three weeks" being advertised with about a week contingency. Possibly, the military operations could be shifted more toward night time, if necessary, to take advantage of the cooler time of the 24 cycle and the access to food and water during Ramadan. I suspect, though, pressure is ratcheting up internal and external to Iraq from various sources to git 'er dun to rid Iraq of the ISIS crisis to get Iraq quickly into the next phase(s). I suspect the rhetoric with Iran will also greatly increase and then be quickly dealt with. Hey, Trump announced his trip during the month of May to Iraq. To shake hands or provide encouragement for attaining previous set criterion?

My thought is the reconstruction and economic prosperity will need to take off like a rocket and soon to avoid any flare ups or sectarian strife that could lead to Civil War and to take advantage of the current Iraqi administration capabilities before potentially dealing with a whole another circus of circus clowns post Iraqi election(s) projected to occur later this year and potentially into next year. The sudden boost from foreign investment via the fully implemented Strategic Framework Agreement could propel the standard of living for each Iraqi upwards in an ever increasing manner. As such, increasing prosperity will act like an opiate and impede (or eliminate) various factions (sworn enemies) within Iraq to get at each other's throats. Once the opiate is consumed and attention is given to keep acquiring it, I suspect the Iraqi's will chose to keep pursuing it at whatever cost to avoid withdrawals to a more severe pre opiate consuming condition. I don't think this can happen without a tsunami of foreign investment and associated goods, materials, and services. Iraq's diverse wealth, I suspect, is too good of an opportunity to pass up. As such, international trade and monetary issues will likely need to be on long term basis to avoid any international inequities and potential economic crises either in Iraq or regarding foreign countries doing business with Iraq. The mainstay and majority of benefit will be private international and private Iraqi businesses apart from major world governments to rebuild Iraq and propel Iraq to the integrated international trade partner. In reality, this will be nothing like Iraq prior like the recent war period and Saddam Hussein period. Iraq will likely be a significantly different animal so to speak. As such, I am encouraged in how foreign countries, especially neighbors to Iraq, are proclaiming their stable relations with Iraqi international entities indicating these foreign countries are viewing Iraq as a viable entity. At some point around the time of the announcement of the victory over ISIS, I am looking for one or more credit agencies to announce at least a nominal and stable Iraqi investment score that could trigger a significant amount of other supporting investment major initiatives that may even involve the IQD.

Just my thoughts and :twocents:

All in all, I anticipate the next very few weeks to maybe even very few days could expose major changes for Iraq and internationally. I am cautiously optimistic!

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:
Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Abadi did make an announcement .. he said the liberation of Mosul would be "soon" .. what we really need to know is the definition of the word "soon" in the Iraqi dictionary ... 😊

Oh boy, that is going to get scary. May be next to "in the coming days". 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Oh boy, that is going to get scary. May be next to "in the coming days". 

What ever it is i wish it could be defined in the coming days as i have a very important birthday coming up in May and it takes me into the decade where most of my ancestors have moved into another realm ....

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

What ever it is i wish it could be defined in the coming days as i have a very important birthday coming up in May and it takes me into the decade where most of my ancestors have moved into another realm ....

Then I hope your birthday wish comes true. 

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, King Bean said:

I expect Abadi to come out Saturday and make an announcement. "Nooooo. I said NEXT Saturday". 

I'm only gonna say this once but....I told ya. But what's another week (month) after years of waiting, right??  :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

As long as his announcement doesn't include - " in the coming days " "in the near future " " around the corner " " on the verge of . . . "  - - - I think we'll be alright. :rolleyes: If you take those words out, they do not have a language.  :lol:

You forgot --SOON-- :lol:

2 hours ago, King Bean said:

Thats the same as Free Beer tomorrow :lol:

3 hours ago, Jmcc said:

You remember your ex's birthday?

Sadly, I also remember my Ex's B-Day - Along with all the other horrors associated with that 1st marriage, One does not, no matter what Vulcan Mind Control exercise you employ, you cannot forget that day . . . For me, the date lives in Infamy. February 2, ( 1957 ) - Ground Hog Day, Folks. 11 years of Ground Hog Days, Ladies & Gentlemen. YOU DONT FORGET THAT DAY. :eek:

I remained single for 18 years before I re-married. This time it's the Best !!!!!!! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3