Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Five years later .. Nujaifi reveals the "real cause" of the fall of Mosul

Wiljor

...This battle has been drug out way too long...Whatever the reasoning has been for prolonging this conflict, it appears the end is in sight...''Thanks'' for the consistent updates to stay informed from everyone that contributed...:tiphat:Hopefully with everything that appears to be coming together...we will also will be able to come together and put faces with the names we've come to admire...   

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Love the company and I am planning on heading to your parts of the world. Once establish to parts unknown.  :tiphat:

Hey Chuck, you stay at my place on the beach, I'm heading to the Cayman Islands while I plan my trip to parts unknown !!! 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Shelley said:

Hey Chuck, you stay at my place on the beach, I'm heading to the Cayman Islands while I plan my trip to parts unknown !!! 

I just may take you up on that, when this hits. I am so ready to move on from where I am in life right now. When I was a player, I always did the Ritz Carlton. I did it in the Cayman on 7 Mile Beach, it was nice - really nice.  It just opened and it was awesome. Enjoy your stay there.  :tiphat:

• Upvote 3

Federal police are preparing for the last phase of the liberation of Mosul

13032.jpg

Federal police confirmed the team leader Raed Shakir Jawdat, Sunday, that the security forces are preparing to launch the final stage, to enter the old city on the western side of the connector on the right coast, and edit the rest of the right side, which area less than 10%.

Said Jawdat in a press statement, the vassal "Eye of Iraq News," that "cuts federal police completed editing its goals within the first phase in the northern axis of Ayman al-Mosul, the Nineveh operations center in northern Iraq."

He added, "It was during the first phase, the liberation of all the targets set for the forces of the Federal Police, and another goal is shy of economists edited and July northwest of Mosul, from the grip of the terrorist organization."

He revealed Jawdat, that "military units are currently stationed in the southern rims on July 17, in preparation for the start of the battle of the last stage and enter the old city on the western side of the connector on the right coast, and edit the rest of the right side of which is less than an area of 10%," noting that "the material chemical that within the limited impact of the plant, which is Tsenaiha of available materials in markets such as chlorine, urea and other ".

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Less than 10% remaining.  :twothumbs:

Even better Chuck, Only 3% of Mosul is left under the control of Islamic State (IS) according to this report, the end is so, so close, well for the city of Mosul.

450 IS Fighters Cordoned off in Mosul

Basnews English

21/05/2017 - 20:15

450 IS Fighters Cordoned off in Mosul

ERBIL— Only 3% of Mosul is left under the control of Islamic State (IS) organization, while 450 members of the organization are besieged by Iraqi forces in the city.

The Arabic Sputink news quoted a member of Nineveh Provincial Council as saying 97% of eastern bank of Mosul has been freed.

Hisam al-Abar said the Iraqi forces are now advancing to liberate the three remaining neighborhoods of Shifa, Zanjabil, and Sihha and will launch an inclusive offensive to clear the city from IS members when these areas are freed.

He also indicated that some 450 IS militants from different nationalities are cordoned off in the mentioned neighborhoods.

• Upvote 5

Here appears to be an updated map of the operations in Western Mosul:

http://isis.liveuamap.com/en

You may have to enlarge the map to get to Mosul to see the remaining area in Western Mosul held by ISIS. With the 17July District retaken (stronghold of ISIS), the rest of the area held by ISIS may fold fairly quickly with limited to no munitions and the inability to use large vehicle IEDs in the Old Mosul area. The other neighborhoods directly to the north of Old Mosul may still see useage of these vehicle IEDs but likely not much. A recent report indicated about 450 ISIS remaining in the ISIS held areas of Old Mosul. A dozen ISIS here, a dozen ISIS there eliminated will likely see huge areas in the ISIS defenses collapse.

ISIS could very well be removed totally from Old Mosul by the end of the week. Hopefully, tomorrow morning we will wake up to only the area of Old Mosul left to be retaken.

Go Liberation of All of Mosul!

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Here appears to be an updated map of the operations in Western Mosul:

http://isis.liveuamap.com/en

You may have to enlarge the map to get to Mosul to see the remaining area in Western Mosul held by ISIS. With the 17July District retaken (stronghold of ISIS), the rest of the area held by ISIS may fold fairly quickly with limited to no munitions and the inability to use large vehicle IEDs in the Old Mosul area. The other neighborhoods directly to the north of Old Mosul may still see useage of these vehicle IEDs but likely not much. A recent report indicated about 450 ISIS remaining in the ISIS held areas of Old Mosul. A dozen ISIS here, a dozen ISIS there eliminated will likely see huge areas in the ISIS defenses collapse.

ISIS could very well be removed totally from Old Mosul by the end of the week. Hopefully, tomorrow morning we will wake up to only the area of Old Mosul left to be retaken.

Go Liberation of All of Mosul!

Go Moola Nova!

Thanks Synopsis. Checking it out right now.  :bravo:

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Thanks Synopsis. Checking it out right now.  :bravo:

Thank You, ChuckFinley!

We likely won't be checking out those maps much longer but a few other much more interesting things!!!

:undocumented:   :undocumented:   :undocumented:

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 5

Iraqi police plans to launch a "final battle" in the center of Mosul

May 222 017 2:22

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/story/30522/الشرطة-العراقية-تعتزم-إطلاق-عملية-المعركة-الأخيرة-في-وسط-الموصل

Team Raed Shakir Jawdat, the federal police chief in Iraq, said on Sunday said his forces pave the way for the launch of the final stage of editing the old city and the Mosque of Al-Nouri city center in the right coast of Mosul, 400 / km north of Baghdad.

He added Jawdat in a press release, "The pieces of the Federal Police completed editing its goals within the first phase in the northern axis operations during which the liberalization of vital goals, including 10 shy of economists and July 17".

He explained that "our units are currently stationed in the southern edges of the neighborhood July 17 in preparation for the start of the battle of the final stage and rush towards Zndjeli and Bab Sinjar and enter the old city and edit Al-Nouri mosque and the lighthouse of humpback, while pieces of the southern axis continue military operations Alastnzafah defenses Aldoaash in the door of brick and rod dairy and door new targeting headquarters and barracks of harboring terrorists and their fortifications in the surrounding region, Al-Nouri Mosque and the destruction of roofed to house the elements of Daesh in the viewing area. "

On the other hand, the popular crowd forces continued its military operations in cooperation with the Iraqi Army Air for the tenth day in a row to liberate villages and areas in terms of Kairouan, after their success over the past few days in the liberation of some 40 villages and the closure of roads and communication lines towards the Iraqi-Syrian border and destroy the headquarters and stores of arms regulation.

And he entered the military operations in the province of Nineveh , which was launched in mid - October / October last final stages , after the majority of the liberated areas of the province of control Daesh left and right in both its desert areas bordering with Syria. 

RC -

• Upvote 5

Iraqi special forces declare 'game over' for Isis in Mosul as western districts retaken

mosul-latest.jpg

raq's special forces have declared their mission in Mosul complete after some of the last remaining western districts were retaken from Isis

Despite the announcement, battles are still raging in a handful of neighbourhoods, forcing hundreds of civilians to flee each day.

Isis, which seized the ancient city in June 2014, still controls around eight square kilometres of western Mosul, including the densely populated Old City where some of the fiercest and most gruelling final battles are expected to play out in the narrow streets that are impassable for tanks.

Special forces spokesman Sabah al-Numan said his troops had completed their initial mission, but stood ready “to support any other forces if we are ordered to by the Prime Minister".

The battle to retake the city from the jihadis began in November as a joint initiative between Iraqi government forces, the Kurdish Peshmerga and US-led coalition, and has so far displaced an estimated 700,000 people.

The UN has warned that up to 200,000 more people could flee Mosul as Iraqi forces push into the final Isis strongholds.s withUS-led allied militia 

“As military operations intensify and move closer to Mosul's Old City area, we expect that up to 200,000 more people will flee,” Lise Grande, the UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq, said in a statement this week, describing the figures as “alarming”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-mosul-offensive-latest-iraqi-special-forces-end-mission-game-over-terrorists-iraq-a7746961.html

Edited by bkeiller
  • Upvote 5

" GAME OVER " ( well, just about folks) 

I'm sure they want to wrap up everything in a pretty Red Bow prior to Ramadan- & I would like to believe that includes The RV. Is that too much for this week ? Not sure 🤔. Stranger things have happened.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Good morning my dv family! Loving all this fantastic news this morning. Beginning to actually get excited. Got everything crossed for Mosul, the Iraq people and all of us! Have a wonderful day. 

A good morning to you to you as well BB :tiphat:

2 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Honestly, this time I feel like it's the real deal. :moneybag:

I concur brother 10YL, all this effort in bringing Iraq back to its former glory is for a reason, that reason is business and I for one am ready to get down to business and take this baby to the next level  :cigar:

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

A good morning to you to you as well BB :tiphat:

I concur brother 10YL, all this effort in bringing Iraq back to its former glory is for a reason, that reason is business and I for one am ready to get down to business and take this baby to the next level  :cigar:

Too right-it's doubtful ( We hope ) Iraq would turn away from the RV NOW. A " can't do it, the time is not right " statement would probably cause wide scale rioting !

• Upvote 6

• yota691 changed the title to Five years later .. Nujaifi reveals the "real cause" of the fall of Mosul
  • yota691 featured this topic
  • yota691 pinned this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic