Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Five years later .. Nujaifi reveals the "real cause" of the fall of Mosul

Wiljor

Seven militants, including Arabs, killed in military operation, western Anbar

by 21434144ead82a08d58720e165a6a4a2?s=80&d= Nehal Mostafa May 17, 2017, 5:22 pm

Iraqi security forces. File photo.

Anbar (IraqiNews.com) Seven Islamic State militants, including Arabs, were killed and a mobile telecommunications facility was destroyed in a military operation, southeast of Rutba district, Anbar province, a military source said.

“Security troops from Anbar and Jazeera commands as well as the 7th division carried out a military operation in Makr al-Deeb region, southeast of Rutba in the west of Anbar,” the source from Anbar Operations Command told AlJournal News on Wednesday. “Seven militants, including an Egyptian and Saudi nationals, were killed, while a mobile telecommunications facility, which was used for internet connection between Raqqa in Syria and Anbar towns of Qaim, Rawa and Annah, was destroyed.”

Moreover, “A truck and three other vehicles loaded with amounts of fuel and ammunition were destroyed. An underground shelter, used by the militants to hide from the jet fighters, was blown up,” the source added.

Anbar’s western towns of Annah, Qaim and Rawa, which are close to the borders with Syria, have been held by the extremist group since 2014, when it emerged to proclaim a self-styled Islamic Caliphate.

Fighter jets from the Iraqi army and the international coalition have also regularly pounded IS locations in the province. The Iraqi government is expected to aim at those strongholds once the Mosul battle is concluded.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/seven-militants-including-arabs-killed-military-operation-western-anbar/

• Upvote 3

Islamic State execute 4 in Anbar who allegedly spied for security forces

by a46ed14a8c1d95162d7b6827eedc1639?s=80&d= Mohamed Mostafa May 17, 2017, 5:23 pm

ISIS members execute Iraqi men by firing squad.

Rawa (IraqiNews.com) Islamic State members have executed for civilians in western Anbar over accusations of collaboration with security forces, a security source was quoted saying.

Alsumaria News quoted the source saying that a shooting squad killed the four in the center of the city of Rawa in the attendance of watching residents.

Since it emerged in 2014 to proclaim a self-styled Islamic Caliphate, the Islamic State executed hundreds of civilians and security agents for multiple reasons, including failure to commit to its extremist religious rules, attempting to flee areas under its control or collaboration with security forces.

Whatsapp

Islamic State militants have held Anbar’s western towns of Annah, Qaim and Rawa since 2014. Fighter jets from the Iraqi army and the allied U.S.-led coalition have also regularly pounded IS locations in the province. Local officials believe Islamic State is holding thousands of civilians at its western strongholds to use them as human shields against any future security offensive.

The Iraqi government and army commanders say they will  aim at IS havens in Anbar once it is finished with eliminating the group from Mosul, its biggest bastion in Iraq.

IS has escalated its attacks against army and paramilitary forces in the province over the past few months, leaving several personnel dead.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/islamic-state-execute-4-anbar-allegedly-spied-security-forces/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

IS executes 9 persons in Deir Ezzor and Daraa, coalition airstrikes kill 24 militants

by 6f179dd84f6766787386163fcfc86f98?s=80&d= Loaa Adel May 17, 2017, 8:49 pm

A man about to be executed by Islamic State militant

Deir Ezzor (SyriaNews.media) The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported, on Wednesday, that the self-proclaimed Islamic State group executed 9 persons in Al-Bukamal city and the countryside of Daraa, while coalition air strikes killed 24 fighters of the Islamic State in Deir Ezzor.

The observatory said that the Islamic State militants executed 8 persons in al-Bukamal city, on the Syrian-Iraqi borders, on charges of spying for the international coalition and security forces, while sources informed that the execution took place near al-Rahman Mosque and al-Hajana headquarters.

Meanwhile, at least 20 members of the Islamic State were killed by coalition air strikes of the vicinity of al-Rahman and al-Iman mosque, in al-Bukamal.

Furthermore, four members of the Islamic State were killed by coalition air strikes in Qors town, in the eastern countryside of Deir Ezzor, while clashes between the terrorist group and fighters of the Syrian Democratic forces resulted in the killing of 5 SDF fighters and 9 IS members, in the countryside of Raqqa.

In a related news, another execution took place in the northwestern countryside of Daraa, where the Islamic State executed a youth, by firing squad, for killing another.

http://www.iraqinews.com/arab-world-news/executes-9-persons-deir-ezzor-daraa-coalition-airstrikes-kill-24-militants/

• Upvote 1

More than 30 IS militants killed in two days as troops invade western Mosul districts

by 21434144ead82a08d58720e165a6a4a2?s=80&d= Nehal Mostafa May 17, 2017, 2:18 pm

Iraqi rapid response forces cary their weapons during battle with Islamic State militants in the Mithaq district of eastern Mosul, Iraq, January 4, 2017. REUTERS/Thaier Al-Sudani

Mosul (IraqiNews.com) More than 30 Islamic State militants were killed as Iraqi troops invaded two western Mosul districts, according to the Interior Ministry’s Rapid Response forces.

“Rapid Response troops killed on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning more than 30 IS militants while invading Iqtisadiyeen and 17 Tamuz [July 17th] districts in western Mosul,” Maj. Gen. Thamer al-Husseini told Alghad Press on Wednesday.

“The troops resume their advance after raiding 17 Tamuz and Iqtisadiyeen,” he said adding that the militants attempted hindering the forces depending on booby-trapped vehicles and civilians used as human shields.

“Several houses were booby-trapped. Families were held inside. Thus, we were forced to depend on the individual combat skills,” Husseini added.

“The total number of IS members killed on Wednesday exceeded 25, most of whom were Arabs and foreigners. On Tuesday, four booby-trapped vehicles were seized, while 12 militants were killed on Iqtisadiyeen district,” Husseini added.

News reports mentioned earlier on Wednesday that IS suicide bombers attacked the forces with five booby-trapped vehicles at al-Rifaie district, in western Mosul. No information on casualties has been provided yet.

More than 16,000 IS members were killed since beginning of operations in Mosul, Brigadier General Yahya Rasool, the military spokesperson, said in a press conference on Tuesday declaring that 89.5 percent of western Mosul was liberated with only few districts remaining under the militants control.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/30-militants-killed-two-days-troops-invade-western-mosul-districts/

• Upvote 4

Dijla Operations Command launches offensive at five regions in Diyala

by 21434144ead82a08d58720e165a6a4a2?s=80&d= Nehal Mostafa May 17, 2017, 11:13 am

Iraqi government forces in Hamreen Mountains in Diyala.

Diyala (IraqiNews.com) Military operations have been launched from three regions in Diyala province, the Dijla Operations Command has declared.

“Security troops of police and army, backed by al-Hashd al-Shaabi [Popular Mobilization Units] andal-Hashd al-Ashaeri [tribal mobilization] forces and army jets, launched on Wednesday military operations at three regions to comb five areas is Hamreen basin, in north and northeastern Diyala,” Mag. Gen. Mazhar al-Azzawi, told Alghad Press.

“The troops will raid Islamic State havens in Hamreen including Anjana, Sarha, Qurret Tabah, Jisr Narin and Ain Laila,” he said adding that the outcome of the operations will be declared over the coming few hours.

According to Azzawi, the operations “come within the leadership strategy to eradicate shelters of the extremist groups in Diyala.”

Several offensives were launched over the past few months in eastern and northeastern regions in Diyala. Earlier this month, the command launched offensives at four regions of al-Nada basin, Hamreen, Wadi Thilab and Tilal Qazlaq in the province.

IS still holds a few areas in Salahuddin, Diyala, Anbar and Kirkuk, occasionally using them as launching points for its attacks against civilians and security. The Iraqi government is currently employing most of its military power in a major campaign to drive IS out of Mosul, its largest stronghold in Iraq.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/dijla-operations-command-launch-offensive-five-regions-diyala/

• Upvote 2

Paramilitary troops cut off IS main supply route in west of Mosul

by 21434144ead82a08d58720e165a6a4a2?s=80&d= Nehal Mostafa May 17, 2017, 12:50 pm

Pro-Iraqi government paramilitary forces, al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Units)

Mosul (IraqiNews.com) The paramilitary troops have cut off the main supply route of the Islamic State in west of Mosul, according to the media service.

In statements, Al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Units) said troops “were able to cut off the street linking between Tal Qasab and Qairawan,” which is considered “the IS main supply route in north of Qairawan.”

Moreover, “the 40th brigade’s missiles shelled IS strongholds in al-Qahira, in south of Qairawan.”

Roads in villages of Tal al-Dala’ and Thara al-Karrah, located south of Qairawan, were combed after being liberated on Tuesday, the media service added. Huge losses were inflicted on the enemy near villages in north of Qairawan.

The troops also “received dozens of families fleeing IS from villages north of Qairawan,” according to the statement.

Many villages in Qairawan region, a main Islamic State bastion which links between Tal Afar town and the Syrian borders, have been freed since an the troops launched an offensive on Friday to free the region.

The eastern side of Mosul was recaptured in January following three months of battles. Another offensive was launched in February to recapture the western flank of the city.

Iraqi commanders predict recapturing the remaining parts of the city this month.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/paramilitary-troops-cut-off-main-supply-route-west-mosul/

• Upvote 3

IS suicide bombers attack Iraqi troops in western Mosul district

by a46ed14a8c1d95162d7b6827eedc1639?s=80&d= Mohamed Mostafa May 17, 2017, 12:26 pm

Islamic State members. File photo.

Mosul (IraqiNews.com)  Islamic State suicide bombers attacked Iraqi troops on Wednesday with booby-trapped cars at a district in western Mosul where intense encounters continue as the group’s domains shrink.

Rudaw network said the militants attacked the forces with five booby-trapped vehicles at al-Rifaie district, but said no word was given regarding casualties.

On Monday, the Iraqi Joint Operations Command urged Iraqi civilians to avoid using cars or motorbikes for transportation, saying that troops would target those vehicles as IS continues to use them in their attacks against government forces.

Iraqi government forces have become close to retaking western Mosul and declaring the full recapture of the city that fell in IS grip in 2014. The eastern section was retaken in January.

On Tuesday, Brig. Gen. Yahia Rasoul, spokesperson of the Iraqi Joint Operations Command, said Iraqi troops became in control over 89.5 percent of territory at western Mosul, having killed more than 16000 militants since the launch of Mosul operations in October. Other commanders had predicted to recapture the city before the end of this month.

Iraqi government forces are eyeing the ancient, densely structured and populated Old City, the place where Islamic State’s supreme leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi declared the establishment of an “Islamic Caliphate” in 2014. Troops besieged the area for weeks from the south, but turned to the northwestern axis to invade the city earlier this month. IS fighters are believed to have been holding hundreds of thousands at that area as human shields.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/suicide-bombers-attack-iraqi-troops-western-mosul-district/

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tigergorzow said:

Nineveh tribes have warned from Iranian expansion in western Mosul under the pretext of fighting ISIS terrorists and supporting IMIS militias.

The tribes also warned against the sectarian ramifications that will emerge from these behaviors and urged the US-led Coalition to intervene to put an end to Iran's expansion in Iraq.

I keep asking myself,

"Self, what is going to be the next big problem in Iraq after the battle for Mosul is over?"  

We know that there will be plenty of international help in aiding the refugees and rebuilding the infrastructure, but what will the knuckleheads in Baghdad trip over to delay their COMPLETE recovery from the last few years?

The Iranian militias that refuse to leave, and the demands from the Sunnis to hold them accountable for the atrocities that we all know that they're committing on a daily basis.  Does anyone think that the Iraqis have the will OR the strength to throw them out?  We ALL see this issue coming.  How long before the USA has to get involved?  

In the long run, if it finally turns Iraq away from Iran, and towards a free market world, it will be great for all  BUT, at what cost to Iraq AND the USA?

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, fnbplanet said:

I keep asking myself,

"Self, what is going to be the next big problem in Iraq after the battle for Mosul is over?"  

We know that there will be plenty of international help in aiding the refugees and rebuilding the infrastructure, but what will the knuckleheads in Baghdad trip over to delay their COMPLETE recovery from the last few years?

The Iranian militias that refuse to leave, and the demands from the Sunnis to hold them accountable for the atrocities that we all know that they're committing on a daily basis.  Does anyone think that the Iraqis have the will OR the strength to throw them out?  We ALL see this issue coming.  How long before the USA has to get involved?  

In the long run, if it finally turns Iraq away from Iran, and towards a free market world, it will be great for all  BUT, at what cost to Iraq AND the USA?

Nibiru 

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 1

Morning brother Synopsis, looks like the last stand and the final 24 hours for IS. Let's hope they wrap this up on Friday, I'm off that day so I will have the 🌮and🍺 ready to toast a new freedom for Iraqi's, and yes, a major step forward for us here in DV :twothumbs:

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

Morning brother Synopsis, looks like the last stand and the final 24 hours for IS. Let's hope they wrap this up on Friday, I'm off that day so I will have the 🌮and🍺 ready to toast a new freedom for Iraqi's, and yes, a major step forward for us here in DV :twothumbs:

Top Of The Morning To You Brother Wiljor!

Yep, probably is the last stand for ISIS! Looks like ISIS suicide bombers are on the rise and should deplete their numbers rapidly! Not to mention fatigue and running out of munitions! Looks like the less densely populated areas are nearly all retaken so ISIS will not be able to use the "wheeled" suicide vehicles much, if at all, either.

I am hoping the maps and news articles as well as the estimate of ISIS militants remaining (less than 1,000) is outdated. If so, Saturday (2 days) or Sunday (3 days) may have the big announcement that all of Mosul is free of ISIS control. With President Trump apparently showing up on Sunday, June 21 in Iraq, I am pretty sure it will be more of a "Mission Accomplished" visit than "Keep Up The Good Work Iraqi Boys and Girls" type of visit.

The " 🌮and🍺 ready to toast a new freedom for Iraqi's" (and us) may just be timely!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Thanks Synopsis.  My first stop was to see if you had any updates.  It is just a matter of time now.  It like the song says. No where to run - no where to hide.  

I agree, ChuckFinley!

Looks like the 30July district is all taken now and significant gains have been made in the 17July district where ISIS had a strong hold. They likely are much more depleted now than ever and soon will be losing ground at an ever increasing rate. May slow some at first when the areas with narrow streets are next but the available IDF aught to far outnumber and resource the remaining ISIS militants. Victory may be declared at a certain point with remaining pockets to be cleared. I suspect any time now for the "Mosul is now free of ISIS control" announcement is made.especially if the maps and news reports are days old.

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

I am so proud of these guys, the Iraqi police force, the Kurds have been kicking butt for awhile now but to see the rest of the country finally do something!!!  I'm also glad the Iraqi's took the credit for the air strike hitting the Mosue

• Upvote 7

does anyone else show up on this thread at about this time each day looking for a new map!!!  Like it is their morning coffee???  If I drank coffee.  Or is it just ME !:blink:

I NEED MY MAAAAPPPPP!  Like a baby needs a nap.  Oh crap, this is starting to sound like a rap ... I think I should just shut my trap.  Please, please, please give me my map

• Upvote 4

Just now, okane said:

does anyone else show up on this thread at about this time each day looking for a new map!!!  Like it is their morning coffee???  If I drank coffee.  Or is it just ME !:blink:

I NEED MY MAAAAPPPPP!  Like a baby needs a nap.  Oh crap, this is starting to sound like a rap ... I think I should just shut my trap.  Please, please, please give me my map

I am in here about this time each day.  Just have to check out those maps for the updates. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, okane said:

I am so proud of these guys, the Iraqi police force, the Kurds have been kicking butt for awhile now but to see the rest of the country finally do something!!!  I'm also glad the Iraqi's took the credit for the air strike hitting the Mosue

Those poor guys operated for so long with no one to "Lead" them. I'm sure they are equally proud of themselves!!!

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Five years later .. Nujaifi reveals the "real cause" of the fall of Mosul
  • yota691 featured this topic
  • yota691 pinned this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic