Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ann Coulter appearance canceled over security concerns at UC Berkeley

The rightwing provocateur’s scheduled event in California was called off after campus police said they were unable to ‘find a safe and suitable’ venue

Staff and agencies

Wednesday 19 April 2017 22.57 BST

3424.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=9cc56d9bbc4ca005c6ce5f5d681ab593
Campus police determined they could not ensure the safety of Coulter, audience members or protesters expected at the event.
Photograph: Latour/Variety/Rex/Shutterstock

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/19/ann-coulter-appearance-canceled-university-california-berkeley

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Which speaks volumes to understanding a c/c.  As always, just my opinion.

ann-coulter-tweet.gif 

GO RV, then BV

Whack Job and not happy!

Ann Coulter: Trump 'starting to look like every other Republican administration'

By Max Greenwood - 03/21/17 05:28 PM EDT

Ann Coulter: Trump 'starting to look like every other Republican administration'
© Getty

President Trump is straying from the platform that put him in the Oval Office, rendering his administration like any other Republican White House, Ann Coulter said Tuesday.

During a radio interview for the "Sean Hannity Show," the conservative pundit rebuked House GOP leaders’ measure to repeal and replace ObamaCare and slammed the president for backing it, urging him to stick to the issues that helped him win the election.

“Trump has got to get off this stuff and get off tax cuts and get back on the stuff that got him elected,” Coulter said Tuesday.

“This is starting to look like every other Republican administration,” she added. “We want more jobs, a wall and lots of deportations.”

Coulter was among Trump’s earliest and most ardent supporters during his presidential campaign, but has been anything but reserved in her attacks on the American Health Care Act (AHCA) championed by House Speaker Paul Ryanpaul_ryan.jpg?itok=YL5_LocEPaul RyanPoll: Dems have enthusiasm edge for 2018Speaker Ryan must step up for Puerto Rico The Hill's 12:30 ReportMORE (R-Wis.) to replace the Affordable Care Act.

Some congressional conservatives have rejected the legislation outright, arguing that it does not go far enough to dismantle the provisions of ObamaCare. Those concerns prompted House Republican leaders to release a slew of changes to the plan late Monday, in an attempt to rally conservative support.

But Coulter remains unconvinced. She railed against the measure on Hannity’s show and unleashed a flurry of tweets condemning the bill and accusing Trump of veering from his campaign trail promises.

“OTOH, Trump numbers dropping is significant. Trump got elected for wall, deportations & trade. Instead he's doing tax cuts & Obamacare Lite,” she tweeted, using an abbreviation for the phrase, “on the other hand.”

“Ryancare not only destroys any chance of reform, but guarantees single payer & demoralizes us with more politicians who can't keep promises,” she wrote in another post, using a name critics have given to the AHCA.

B/A

• Downvote 2

18 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I disagree with anyone being threatened. I also have a hard seeing how anyone would want to hear what she has to say. She adds nothing and sucks the life out of America.

B/A

Since you followed this post with a Coulter article critical of Trump, I guess she's adds nothing unless you happen to agree with what she said  :confused2:

17 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Which speaks volumes to understanding a c/c.  As always, just my opinion.

And it speaks volumes as to why liberals are not understood by Constitutionalists. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

She's an idiot... She spews hate. I really don't think we need more of that. There is too much hate to go around already.

B/A

She's highly intelligent and not an idiot. She spews hate?  She spews back what is thrown at her and is usually pretty funny while doing it.   Again, disagreement does not equal hate. 

• Upvote 7

Ann Coulter event is back on after UC Berkeley finds 'protected venue'

The university has reversed its original decision to cancel an appearance by the rightwing figure amid concerns for safety and security

Alan Yuhas in San Francisco

Thursday 20 April 2017 21.35 BST

2419.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=117a48886e85f74a4c8262c0de346416
The cancellation of Ann Coulter’s event drew criticism as a suppression of free speech.
Photograph: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/20/ann-coulter-uc-berkeley-event-back-on

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

She sure is, Fox News contributer....I guess to some people, certain MSM flavors are palatable, perhaps even agreeable if it fits a narrative.

GO RV, then BV

And author too, amongst other things. You forgot to mention a Bill Maher contributor too. Can't get more diamitricly opposed than Fox and Maher, but glad to see you continue to pidgin hole those you disagree with to make yourself feel better. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, RV ME said:

And author too, amongst other things. You forgot to mention a Bill Maher contributor too. Can't get more diamitricly opposed than Fox and Maher, but glad to see you continue to pidgin hole those you disagree with to make yourself feel better. 

I'm glad that you're glad....and therefore thankful that I could bring a little ray of sunshine to your life.  :)By the way, it seems you're identifying Maher as a legitimate media source...even I know that's a massive stretch.  :blink:

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 2