Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Sadr's Liberal Bloc slams Maliki's coalition over corruption

yota691

1449905548_7867iu78i-660x330.jpg

Cutting roads leading to Tahrir Square in central Baghdad

Journal April 14, 2017 Add comment 13 visits

Baghdad - Journal News

A local source said that "the security forces cut off the roads leading to Tahrir Square in central Baghdad, while tight measures were imposed in nearby areas."

The source said in an interview with the "Journal News" that "the security forces imposed this afternoon strict measures and closed the roads leading to Tahrir Square in central Baghdad."

The source added that "the closure of roads comes as a precautionary measure in conjunction with the date of the launch of a demonstration in Tahrir Square."

It is noteworthy that the capital Baghdad and other provinces are witnessing weekly since more than a year, demonstrations to demand accountability of officials accused of corruption and the implementation of government reforms.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

It is noteworthy that the capital Baghdad and other provinces are witnessing weekly since more than a year, demonstrations to demand accountability of officials accused of corruption and the implementation of government reforms.

Thanks Yota. This is what is ultimately going to tip the scales on the fools in Parliament. They are content to sit on their hands and do nothing. People die, starve, are left homeless. Half of them don't even bother to show up for the job they were elected and get paid. Time to kick some @ss.

:butt-kicking:

Edited by King Bean

Al-Sadr's Liberal Bloc slams Maliki's coalition over corruption

April 13 2017 11:44 PM
Nouri al-Maliki
Nouri al-Maliki

Iraqi Liberals parliamentary Bloc has accused State of Law Coalition MPs of hampering dismissal of corrupt officials, The Baghdad Post reported Thursday. 

In a press statement, MP Borhan Ma'mouri of the bloc linked with the Sadrist Movement said "The State of Law Coalition, headed by former PM Nouri al-Maliki, have repeatedly thwarted firing corrupts for political interests".

Ma'mouri added the bloc would re-interrogate Minister of Health Adila Hammoud; Minister of Agriculture Faleh Zeidan as well as Minister of Education Mohamed Iqbal. 

The mainly Shia movement having the support of religious leader Muqtada al-Sadr strongly opposed a third term for Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/9313/Al-Sadr-s-Liberal-Bloc-slams-Maliki-s-coalition-over-corruption

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

tiger, thanks for this and all other major news articles you are bringing to the table, very much obliged my friend. Hopefully this will put another nail in malikis coffin :butt-kicking:

Wiljor Thanks,, Rest assure Maliki's justice is coming one way or another....:D  Jail or Death

• Upvote 3

I'm thinking that with as much evidence of Maliki's nefarious deeds as there is they are perhaps simply gathering as much as possible before they even begin his arrest, trial and hopeful execution so that there is absolutely no way he could wriggle out of it. It amazes me and everyone else here that he has squirmed away from it all for as long as he has, but I am optimistic that sometime soon the hammer will fall on his ugly head. There is enough now certainly, to convict him, but they may be gathering enough so that if he somehow miraculously escapes Iraqi justice the world court can step in and get him for crimes against humanity. In my mind ( just mho) he is responsible for the ISIS situation, to say nothing of the slaughter of untold tens of thousands of civilian ( and military) deaths. In his case I think a resurrection of the Spanish Inquisition might be in order. That means barbed wire enemas followed by liquid plumber and ground glass...and the list goes on. NOTHING is too barbaric or horrible for this piece of camel dung. Somehow I think the people of Iraq will have their vengeance in the end...he will die at their hands.

Edited by ezrapound
  • Upvote 3