Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

U.S. Launches Tomahawk Missiles Against Syria

There's a new Sheriff in Town!

U.S. Launches 59 Tomahawk Missiles Against Syrian Sharyat Airbase Near Homs…

Posted on April 6, 2017 by sundance

cruise_missile_launch_navy_photo-550x412

WASHINGTON – The United States has fired a barrage of cruise missiles into Syria Thursday night in retaliation for this week’s gruesome chemical weapons attack against civilians, U.S. officials said.

syria-attack-2.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I do not like the “moved by the children” angle, but I love the Reaganesque “new sheriff in town” announcement.  Just like bombing Gadhafi announced the end of Jimmy, Trump announced to the world the end of Obummer.

Gotta love the timing too.  Imagine what Xi is thinking tonight.  There he was having a pleasant dinner with Trump and finding out after dessert that Trump authorized the strike before the salads were served.  Now that’s sending a message!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RV ME said:

I do not like the “moved by the children” angle, but I love the Reaganesque “new sheriff in town” announcement.  Just like bombing Gadhafi announced the end of Jimmy, Trump announced to the world the end of Obummer.

Gotta love the timing too.  Imagine what Xi is thinking tonight.  There he was having a pleasant dinner with Trump and finding out after dessert that Trump authorized the strike before the salads were served.  Now that’s sending a message!

I like the way you think RV Me. 

• Upvote 2

Great Article Whatshername.

Psycho Assad po'd the wrong person this time around..........and one "Mad Dog"!!

It's nice to see we have a Leader back in charge, time to respect the Good Ole USA again.

Image result for Seal Team Six Members
                                                               :salute:       th?id=OIP.H3VfIwYeqRUjrUAwsgoRnwEIEI&w=1    :salute:
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, RV ME said:

I also found it interesting that Trump took the exact action against Syria that Clinton was preaching on the campaign trail.....It appears Donald really was paying attention to what she was saying.  Good for him.  Sorry, no link.....saw the news reel on the telly this a.m.  :mellow:

GO RV, the BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The Strike At Syria

8:15 AM, Apr 07, 2017 | By Elliott Abrams

This was unexpected: He had appeared to say, during the campaign, that this kind of global leadership role was just too expensive. We were tired of it, tired of having others take advantage of us. We could not solve all the world's problems.

But the strike at Syria had at its heart precisely that kind of global leadership, to enforce the century-old ban on chemical warfare—in the interest of decency and peace. His remarks ended with words that many predecessors, from Wilson to Roosevelt, and Kennedy to Reagan, might have spoken: "as long as America stands for justice then peace and harmony will prevail."

Explaining the strike, Secretary of State Tillerson pointed to one clear security goal: "if there are weapons of this nature available in Syria, the ability to secure those weapons and not have them fall into the hands of those who would bring those weapons to our shores to harm American citizens." But then he added "it's important that some action be taken on behalf of the international community to make clear that the use of chemical weapons continues to be a violation of international norms.:" The term "on behalf of the international community" is certainly not one we have previously heard from the Trump administration.

This strike will save lives—in Syria, by preventing Assad from daring to use chemical weapons again, and in unknown future conflicts where the losing side will be tempted to employ chemical weapons, and will think twice and not do it. Trump saved more lives in Syria by his action this week than Obama did in all his years in office.

And the strike will have far wider effects. It was undertaken while Chinese president Xi was with Trump in Florida. Surely this new image of a president willing to act will affect their conversations about North Korea. Vladimir Putin will think again about his relations with the United States, and will realize that the Obama years of passivity are truly over. Allies and friends will be cheered, while enemies will realize times have changed. When next the Iranians consider swarming around an American ship in the Gulf, they may think again.

Of course this was an easy lift militarily: a few dozen missiles, one air base as a target. Yet our previous president refused to do it; this one acted. He did not let worries about the possible Russian reaction scare him off. He understood that this would not end the war in Syria, but he did it anyway. He was willing to act alone, without demanding a UN Security Council meeting or congressional vote. And of course, leadership pays off: he will have strong bipartisan support on the Hill.

Henceforth when he speaks of American conditions and demands, interests and desires, more attention will be paid. Every official in every foreign government has been trying to figure him out since November 8. This week he gave them a lot to think about. He took command, and issued orders. He didn't draw a red line and then withdraw it, but instead called Assad's action intolerable—that overused word—and then proceeded to show that when he said intolerable, he meant it...

Read more... http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-strike-at-syria/article/2007579

A Mountain of support for President Trump

CjkBki1VAAAK3p-.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, VIRGINPARADIZE said:

Fuzzy math here. 59 tomahawk missiles @ $1.9 mil ea. destroyed over 6 planes. must be really desperate to please the war mongers.

Maybe the ordinance was getting old.....needed to be used up.  :blink:  Actually I'm surprised we had this many tomahawk's.....all I've heard for the last eight years is how the military has been gutted.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

replacement costs are all on the backs of the tax payers. only if these monies were spent on infrastructure or healthcare. we tend to forget., it's the peoples' money. on a scale of one to ten , how much of that is spent within the country vs free monies given to foreign countries not excluding the costs of illegal wars.  if we 'inspect what we expect' the outcome would be different. demand more accountability from our representatives.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I was wondering how long it would take for the cheerleaders to show up. 

John McCain would be proud of the blind support for this action. Ignore the

facts and details and keep waving the pom-poms.

We the people lost with this action, which was the opposite of what this president promised in regards to Syria.

I have no respect left for this manner of political blindness. Continue to believe your FOX and your CNN,

because you were just punked with more fake news, but it is only fake when it does not agree with your beliefs

and blindness. Hipocrisy at its finest, what a shame. You may fool others, but you do not fool me. Enjoy the show.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jim1cor13 said:

I was wondering how long it would take for the cheerleaders to show up. 

John McCain would be proud of the blind support for this action. Ignore the

facts and details and keep waving the pom-poms.

We the people lost with this action, which was the opposite of what this president promised in regards to Syria.

I have no respect left for this manner of political blindness. Continue to believe your FOX and your CNN,

because you were just punked with more fake news, but it is only fake when it does not agree with your beliefs

and blindness. Hipocrisy at its finest, what a shame. You may fool others, but you do not fool me. Enjoy the show.

Everybody loses when the bombs start dropping, Jim.  We're all born innocent human beings first.  Then over time through our personal surroundings......each person's religious zealously, political stylings, and racial views, etc. take hold.  It all points towards conflict.  As always, just my opinion.  :(

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This strike surprises me, yet it really doesn't.  If you look at the airial pictures there were many planes untouched and the ruways were intact.  The US gave all parties involved...(Russians included) at least an hour of notice before hand.  That would seem to be enough time to be sure all individuals were safe as well as planes that had been on the ground.

So Trump made a point, or at least he tried.  Was it a coincidence that Xi was visiting?  Perhaps this was putting Chubby from north Korea on notice to be good. And this gets the "Trump and his admin" love russia off the table with the MSM......and of course the cowboy, with the white hat, from the west, rode in once again, to save the day.

It hasn't been established yet as to who did the gas attack.  That event coupled with these events certainly have given a platform for Trump........ that there is "a new sheriff in town".....

JMO as always

• Upvote 4

I was wondering how long it would take for the crybabies to show up.  

This is a WIN anyway you slice it!  One spontaneous, precision air strike, a few planes taken out, no one killed... and a giant shot of testosterone to the image of America.  Iran is worried for the first time since Reagan.  Kim Jong Un is filling his diaper as we speak!  And Russia is thrown off balance (and probably regretting their "interference" in our election!!!;).  The Left and Right are very confused!  

Who cares what the details are?  Assad was not to have chemical weapons (obummer and Susan Rice assured us they had removed them 'diplomatically').  Let Trump be Trump... he's always thinking several moves ahead.  For very little effort or loss, he has kicked some ass for a change (instead of just kicking the can down the road like the weak, feckless obummer regime).  

Many birds, one stone.  

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, Whatshername said:

I was wondering how long it would take for the crybabies to show up.  

This is a WIN anyway you slice it!  One spontaneous, precision air strike, a few planes taken out, no one killed... and a giant shot of testosterone to the image of America.  Iran is worried for the first time since Reagan.  Kim Jong Un is filling his diaper as we speak!  And Russia is thrown off balance (and probably regretting their "interference" in our election!!!;).  The Left and Right are very confused!  

Who cares what the details are?  Assad was not to have chemical weapons (obummer and Susan Rice assured us they had removed them 'diplomatically').  Let Trump be Trump... he's always thinking several moves ahead.  For very little effort or loss, he has kicked some ass for a change (instead of just kicking the can down the road like the weak, feckless obummer regime).  

Many birds, one stone.  

W,

My thoughts exactly.

WE'RE BACK, now behave...

• Upvote 2

Of course we should have done many years ago. I often wonder why they allow these evil-doers to exist. Is it because if they are taken out, the next in line will be worse? Or is this simply a distraction from bad press and an attempt to generate good press. I ask because in 2013 when Obama, took the constitutional step and asked congress, here are some replies including Trumps..

DJT_Headshot_V2_normal.jpg Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.

@realDonaldTrump

The only reason President Obama wants to attack Syria is to save face over his very dumb RED LINE statement. Do NOT attack Syria,fix U.S.A.

@realDonaldTrump

AGAIN, TO OUR VERY FOOLISH LEADER, DO NOT ATTACK SYRIA - IF YOU DO MANY VERY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN & FROM THAT FIGHT THE U.S. GETS NOTHING!

@realDonaldTrump

The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria-big mistake if he does not!

2. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI). Although Ryan gave Trump his approval for Thursday night’s airstrikes, in 2013 he said that Obama’s proposed military strike “cannot achieve its stated objectives” and could make things worse.

3. Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT). On Thursday evening, Chaffetz sent out a tweet that read, “God bless the USA!” But in 2013, he said he would oppose the use of force in Syria on the grounds that he saw “no clear and present danger” to the United States that would justify using force.

4. Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN). Blackburn announced in 2013 that she would oppose Obama’s Syrian airstrike after being briefed. On Thursday evening, she approvingly re-tweeted President Trump’s quote that “no child of God should ever suffer such horror.”

5. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL). Although Rubio has been blanketing the airwaves praising Trump’s airstrikes, in 2013 he said that “I have long argued forcefully for engagement in empowering the Syrian people, I have never supported the use of U.S. military force in the conflict.”

6. Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT). Hatch gave Trump’s actions an “amen” on Twitter Thursday evening, but in 2013 he said that he had “strong reservations about authorizing the use of force against Syria.”

7. Rep. Pete Olson (R-TX). Olson cited his experience as a Navy veteran as a reason for opposing the use of force against Syria in 2013. Now, however, he is cheering on Trump by praising the president for doing what Obama would not.

8. Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-AL). The congressman on Thursday night gushed about Trump’s airstrike, but in 2013 he worried that Obama had not done enough to seek a “diplomatic” solution to the crisis.

9. Rep. Larry Bucshon (R-IN). In 2013, the congressman opposed intervention in Syria on the grounds that he hadn’t met a single person in his district “who believes we should fire missiles into Syria.”

10. Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO). In 2013, Gardner expressed “skepticism” of striking Syria and argued that he didn’t see “a compelling and vital” national interest in such an attack. On Thursday evening, he called Trump’s strike against Syria a “long-overdue action.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/here-are-10-republicans-who-have-done-a-complete-180-on-syria-now-that-obamas-not-president/

What changed? Did these guys suddenly realize Obama was correct? Are they playing politics? How do they frickin' sleep at night?

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

28 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

What changed? Did these guys suddenly realize Obama was correct? Are they playing politics? How do they frickin' sleep at night?

B/A

The Presidency changed, and you might say the world changed with it.  After seeing Obummers ineptitude in Libya in 2011, nobody, not even the Dems in Congress believed Obummer could achieve any military success anywhere.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, RV ME said:

The Presidency changed, and you might say the world changed with it.  After seeing Obummers ineptitude in Libya in 2011, nobody, not even the Dems in Congress believed Obummer could achieve any military success anywhere.

That's BS... Sorry RV I like you, but you need to take your head out of your ass.

These people, all of them are political games with people's lives... Playing politics with the lives of the innocent. It is pathetic at best.

Assad was an ******* then just like he is an ******* now. Anyone who believes in humanity should be disgusted by our so-called leaders.... They should all be voted off the island.

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

22 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Nothing changed except the party.

B/A

Would love to get into a more in depth conversation, but I am shorthanded at the office and buried picking up the slack.  I will try later tonight, but I need to at least say this.  If you do not realize the vast difference between the leadership of Trump vs the leaderlessness of Obummer then you are even more further gone than I previously thought.  The rest of the world can see the difference, but apparently not you.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Whatshername said:

There's a new Sheriff in Town!

Sweetheart, you know I love you, and you know how hard I fought to help get Trump elected.

I'm glad Trump doesn't wear womans panties like the guy he replaced, but aside from the questionable "authority" he used, the 180° aboutface change in his stated position, it is obvious that there are at least a few neocons running around with the ability to make decisions for Trump.

The best possible reason for this bombing is the Trump just used it as an excuse to declare to the world he is not the ***** that was obama.

Even so, he also let himself get played for a fool.

In 2012 he declared bombing Assad would be a most ignorant move, and understood the false flag events that the CIA operatives were conducting and desperately trying to tie to Assad in order to sway global opinion.

Because Trump got on his knees to the neocons, and made the establishment happy, you will find little, if anything in the MSM against this action.

You hopefully will notice, even the Trump haters will for the most part not challenge his "authority" for the action.

Please take a moment to marvel on that, we know how the MSM hates Trump, and is still trying to get him out of office, but suddenly they become magically blind to this bombing's negative implications.

That alone will scream volumes about the blatant collusion in DC, and how Trump is learning how to conform to the establishments demands.

I am praying Trump has not lost his will, and simply allowed it to happen to make his own statement, and now will never do anything that ignorant again.

Yes, I too am VERY gratified to see a guy that doesn't quiver in fear in that office, unfortunately, allowing the bombing may be just because he is starting to compromise in order to keep the attack dogs at bay.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1