Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abadi: Two months separating Iraq's exit from Chapter VII

yota691

4 hours ago, ezrapound said:

So, after a three month hospital stay and near death experience I returned to this site and shockingly discovered absolutely nothing  has changed.  I say shockingly as a joke. I am certainly NOT surprised.Disappointed yes, but not surprised.After literally looking death in the face and saying "screw you" I have been forced to look at all things in a new light and see new priorities...one of which is being grateful for just being alive. Believing in the dinar has taken a back seat to enjoying the sound of thunder and rain...the sun...dog licks etc.The dinar reval has just lost the appeal it once had.

Dude are you ok...do you need anything?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DinarThug said:

From Delta ...

HELLO FAMILY:

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF TANZANIA WHEN THEY DID ACCEPTS ARTICLE VIII BACK ON 1996. THE PRESS RELEASE CAME OUT ON JULY 25, 1996, BUT THE AFFECTIVE DATE WAS JULY 15,1996. SO THE IMF WERE NOTIFIED 10 DAYS BEFORE THE PRESS RELEASE.  000041medium_gif

Press Release: Tanzania Accepts Article VIII Obligations

July 25, 1996

The Government of Tanzania has notified the International Monetary Fund (IMF) that it has accepted the obligations of Article VIII, Sections 2, 3, and 4 of the IMF Articles of Agreement, with effect from July 15, 1996. IMF members accepting the obligations of Article VIII undertake to refrain from imposing restrictions on the making of payments and transfers for current international transactions or from engaging in discriminatory currency arrangements or multiple currency practices without IMF approval. A total of 130 countries have now assumed Article VIII status.

Two of the purposes of the IMF, as stated in its Articles of Agreement, are to facilitate the expansion and balanced growth of international trade, and thereby to contribute to the promotion and maintenance of high levels of employment and real income; and to assist in the establishment of a multilateral system of payments in respect of current transactions between IMF members. In seeking to achieve these objectives, the IMF exercises firm surveillance over the exchange rate policies of its members, and oversees the elimination of exchange restrictions which hamper the growth of world trade.

By accepting the obligations of Article VIII, Tanzania gives confidence to the international community that it will pursue sound economic policies that will obviate the need to use restrictions on the making of payments and transfers for current international transactions, and thereby contribute to a multilateral payments system free of restrictions.

DELTA

• Upvote 13

11 hours ago, ezrapound said:

Thank you for asking, but I have my life and my wife and I need nothing else. Spent 5 weeks in a coma which has left me having to relearn how to walk ( not a stroke or anything, but rather a rather rare form of mersa.)All my muscles turned to jello. I went in the hospital on 12 may and got back home Wed Aug 2. Wife and I actually got married there in the hospital...something I and everyone else involved will never forget. Not only am I unbelievably lucky to still be alive, but even more so to have this woman with me.I woud not be here but for her.

Glad to hear you are doing ok and great to see that you have a wife who cares about you. I was wondering what happen to you. You get to know people on this board and then they drop out of sight. Some come back and others do not. Glad to have you back. :bravo:

• Upvote 4

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2015/09/28/04/53/pn9740

Press Information Notice: The IMF Executive Board on December 3, 1997 concluded the 1997 Article IV consultation with Tanzania       

Good info-  implementation is key word .

International Monetary Fund › 96 › part10
 ... ARTICLE IV CONSULTATIONSCONCLUDED IN FINANCIAL YEAR 1996.

https://www.imf.org/external/country/TZA/index.htm?pn=0

LOOKING AT TIME LINES 

December 23, 1997 -- Press Information Notice: The IMF Executive Board on December 3, 1997 concluded the 1997 Article IV consultation with Tanzania
Public Information Notices (PINs) form part of the IMF's efforts to promote transparency of the IMF's views and analysis of economic developments and policies.
space.gif
December 04, 1997 -- Press Release: IMF Approves Second Annual Loan for Tanzania Under ESAF
space.gif
January 23, 1997 -- Tanzania - Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix
Series: IMF Staff Country Report No. 96/133
space.gif
November 08, 1996 -- Press Release: lMF Approves Three-Year ESAF Loan for Tanzania
space.gif
July 25, 1996 -- Press Release: Tanzania Accepts Article VIII Obligations
space.gif
February 06, 1996 -- Tanzania - Statistical Appendix
Series: IMF Staff Country Report No. 96/2
Notes: This statistical appendix on Tanzania was prepared by a staff team of the International Monetary Fund as background documentation for the periodic consultation with this member country. As such, the views expressed in this document are those of the staff team and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Government of Tanzania, or the Executive Board of the IMF.
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, DinarThug said:

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2015/09/28/04/53/pn9740

Press Information Notice: The IMF Executive Board on December 3, 1997 concluded the 1997 Article IV consultation with Tanzania       

Good info-  implementation is key word .

International Monetary Fund › 96 › part10
 ... ARTICLE IV CONSULTATIONSCONCLUDED IN FINANCIAL YEAR 1996.

https://www.imf.org/external/country/TZA/index.htm?pn=0

LOOKING AT TIME LINES 

December 23, 1997 -- Press Information Notice: The IMF Executive Board on December 3, 1997 concluded the 1997 Article IV consultation with Tanzania
Public Information Notices (PINs) form part of the IMF's efforts to promote transparency of the IMF's views and analysis of economic developments and policies.
space.gif
December 04, 1997 -- Press Release: IMF Approves Second Annual Loan for Tanzania Under ESAF
space.gif
January 23, 1997 -- Tanzania - Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix
Series: IMF Staff Country Report No. 96/133
space.gif
November 08, 1996 -- Press Release: lMF Approves Three-Year ESAF Loan for Tanzania
space.gif
July 25, 1996 -- Press Release: Tanzania Accepts Article VIII Obligations
space.gif
February 06, 1996 -- Tanzania - Statistical Appendix
Series: IMF Staff Country Report No. 96/2
Notes: This statistical appendix on Tanzania was prepared by a staff team of the International Monetary Fund as background documentation for the periodic consultation with this member country. As such, the views expressed in this document are those of the staff team and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Government of Tanzania, or the Executive Board of the IMF.

Forgive me still early am for me , how does this correlate with our Iraq?

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Officiallytook said:

The IMF Article IV Review of Iraq was on August 1, 2017. Ten days later would put some sort of Iraqi news article announcement about Iraq, the IMF, and the rest of the world's relationship regarding Iraq's acceptance/compliance with Article IV on or about Friday, August 11, 2017.

May be something. May be nothing.

So, In The Mean Time...........................

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 9

22 minutes ago, Officiallytook said:

See The Delta Post 7 Posts Above - He Explains The Historical Precedent Where Another Country Was Accepted Into Chapter VIII 10 Days Before The Press Release ! ;) 

Now Go Get Some Bailly's In Ur Coffee And Carpe Diem ! :cheesehead: 

:D  :D  :D 

• Upvote 12

1 minute ago, Synopsis said:

The IMF Article IV Review of Iraq was on August 1, 2017. Ten days later would put some sort of Iraqi news article announcement about Iraq, the IMF, and the rest of the world's relationship regarding Iraq's acceptance/compliance with Article IV on or about Friday, August 11, 2017.

Go Moola Nova!

1 minute ago, DinarThug said:

See The Delta Post 7 Posts Above - He Explains The Historical Precedent Where Another Country Was Accepted Into Chapter VIII 10 Days Before The Press Release ! ;) 

Now Go Get Some Bailly's In Ur Coffee And Carpe Diem ! :cheesehead: 

:D  :D  :D 

:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::cheesehead:

Thank you both 

Syn I'm loving the news and numbers as of late ... here's to :praying: internationally accepted and true rate of exchange 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Officiallytook said:

:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::cheesehead:

Thank you both 

Syn I'm loving the news and numbers as of late ... here's to :praying: internationally accepted and true rate of exchange 

:twothumbs: OfficiallyTook!

The Best Of Your Weekend To You and All DV! :tiphat:

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, ezrapound said:

Thank you for asking, but I have my life and my wife and I need nothing else. Spent 5 weeks in a coma which has left me having to relearn how to walk ( not a stroke or anything, but rather a rather rare form of mersa.)All my muscles turned to jello. I went in the hospital on 12 may and got back home Wed Aug 2. Wife and I actually got married there in the hospital...something I and everyone else involved will never forget. Not only am I unbelievably lucky to still be alive, but even more so to have this woman with me.I woud not be here but for her.

I'm just happy to see u back here on DV Ezra.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, ezrapound said:

Ezrapound we are so happy for you and your beautiful bride. Wishing you speedy recovery you are in our prayers. :praying:

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Now you're talking!! My favorite way to enjoy coffee, with some good Irish Cream! 

For myself, I take a shot glass of Glenfiddich with my coffee for those special Sunrises - my wife is a BIG fan of the Bailey's Irish Cream - :twothumbs:

Life is Grand ! ;) 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Go Moola Nova!

Lets pray  :praying: it's a VERY BIG SOMETHING ! ! !  A Very Good Day to U Synopsis :wave:

• Upvote 4

On 8/5/2017 at 5:18 PM, ezrapound said:

So glad you made it through the ordeal! Glad you have a wonderful lady at your side and glad the Lord just wasn't ready to call you home yet. The experience you described had to change your life and all the lives of those who love you. God Bless You and Yours! 

• Upvote 2