Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abadi: Two months separating Iraq's exit from Chapter VII

yota691

On 5 April 2017 at 10:26 AM, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I'm picking up what you're laying down Skeeter - looks like a probable RV  prior to Iraqs Ch. 7 removal within the 2 months timeline we're looking at now. Seems I do remember some posts suggesting the very thing you also are stating.

If Iraq has to comply ( with a tradable IQD ) to be clear of Ch. 7, ( and I'm going way out on a limb now ): then NOW it really is only a matter of when in the next 2 months. !!

I won't quit my day job just yet, making plans to just that if what we read now is the real deal.

io hope 10YL that is the "real Deal"but there's been so much up and down news my confidence is not upbeat..some days with the news I read I think yes it will be a happening in the short term but on other days I think that it won't be by years end.. I like you am keeping my day job but starting  tidy it up and burn historical data .. Perhaps I have lost confidence in something I have believed in so strongly .. 🙏🙏🙏

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

io hope 10YL that is the "real Deal"but there's been so much up and down news my confidence is not upbeat..some days with the news I read I think yes it will be a happening in the short term but on other days I think that it won't be by years end.. I like you am keeping my day job but starting  tidy it up and burn historical data .. Perhaps I have lost confidence in something I have believed in so strongly .. 🙏🙏🙏

Quite understanding of where you're coming from NI. Been down this path and drug thru the weeds with this 14 yrs now. Holding out hope this time these monkeys follow thru and stick to the deadline.

We all know how deadlines come & go and the GOI doesn't even bat an eye when again and again we see their word means nothing. Abadi has his hands full, guess he's the Ace in the hole - he's accomplished super human feats while dealing with idiots!

Fingers crossed we don't see " delay or postponement " - some how ( and I even said it in a post last year ) we would be talking about this come June: and June is sneaking up.

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Oh NoSiree, EzraPound! I enjoyed the warm up so come on back soon. Ya hear?

:tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

Thank you. Most kind indeed. I have to admit I am a bit surprised at myself. After 12 years of this ride I fluctuate between extreme optimism, total ambivalence, and the depths of depression. The small voice inside that I hear I am sure echoes what many here also hear..."Yeah, yeah...been there, heard it before and nothing happened" when new and optimistic progress is reported! Many folks to not really realize exact;y what Iraq has to offer...it isn't just the oil...it is natural gas, gold,silver, copper and many of the other metal elements. Technology will enter the picture as Iraq is and will be a source of labor. I read reports years ago while I was in Iraq as a civilian contractor that Nokia, Caterpillar, Nike and a few other major players were poised to enter Iraq. True or not, the implications are clear. Then there is the issue of tourism. Yes, tourism. Iraq is a center of many Holy sites valuable to not only the Muslim world, but Christian also. Babylon, Nineveh, Abraham's well and oasis ( both of which were situated on the Marine Air Base at Al Asad where I spent 4 years. Many people either forget or never knew that Iraq was where literature and mathematics began! So, it is easy to see why I, and many others say oil is not the only issue here. Oil IS, however, a major concern.Consider this...everything in the world today made of plastic...a major derivative of petroleum! The entire world weeps at the destruction at the hands of ISIS of many, many historical sites. That Maliki is behind it speaks eloquently about his eventual persecution and execution for crimes against humanity...to say nothing of his responsibility for the loss of tens of thousands of lives. That Adam feels this is our year, that small voice deep inside remains skeptical. As educated and informed as Adam is, the fact remains he is only one man, and only his opinion.  12+ years on in this endeavor has left me doubtful and frustrated. There is some solace in the fact that I am not alone in these feelings. Nay, many of us here at DV feel the same. Many of us here at DV simply cannot afford to join the VIP group. The benefits  of joining and gaining the info shared there are academic. Be that as it may, I think it behooves all of us to gather as much info and hard factual material as we can and make up our own minds as to the validity of this investment.

• Upvote 15

21 minutes ago, ezrapound said:

Thank you. Most kind indeed. I have to admit I am a bit surprised at myself. After 12 years of this ride I fluctuate between extreme optimism, total ambivalence, and the depths of depression. The small voice inside that I hear I am sure echoes what many here also hear..."Yeah, yeah...been there, heard it before and nothing happened" when new and optimistic progress is reported! Many folks to not really realize exact;y what Iraq has to offer...it isn't just the oil...it is natural gas, gold,silver, copper and many of the other metal elements. Technology will enter the picture as Iraq is and will be a source of labor. I read reports years ago while I was in Iraq as a civilian contractor that Nokia, Caterpillar, Nike and a few other major players were poised to enter Iraq. True or not, the implications are clear. Then there is the issue of tourism. Yes, tourism. Iraq is a center of many Holy sites valuable to not only the Muslim world, but Christian also. Babylon, Nineveh, Abraham's well and oasis ( both of which were situated on the Marine Air Base at Al Asad where I spent 4 years. Many people either forget or never knew that Iraq was where literature and mathematics began! So, it is easy to see why I, and many others say oil is not the only issue here. Oil IS, however, a major concern.Consider this...everything in the world today made of plastic...a major derivative of petroleum! The entire world weeps at the destruction at the hands of ISIS of many, many historical sites. That Maliki is behind it speaks eloquently about his eventual persecution and execution for crimes against humanity...to say nothing of his responsibility for the loss of tens of thousands of lives. That Adam feels this is our year, that small voice deep inside remains skeptical. As educated and informed as Adam is, the fact remains he is only one man, and only his opinion.  12+ years on in this endeavor has left me doubtful and frustrated. There is some solace in the fact that I am not alone in these feelings. Nay, many of us here at DV feel the same. Many of us here at DV simply cannot afford to join the VIP group. The benefits  of joining and gaining the info shared there are academic. Be that as it may, I think it behooves all of us to gather as much info and hard factual material as we can and make up our own minds as to the validity of this investment.

Eloquently spoken, EzraPound!

:tiphat:       :tiphat:       :tiphat:

I looked long and hard at this whole thing before investing. I believe, for the solid reasons you mentioned and several other solid reasons, that this would be a beneficial investment. I also tempered my expectations to know this could be a very, very long investment as well as this whole investment could go belly up and I lose all that I invested. So, with these tempered expectations, I view the news and look for both supporting and contrary indications both inside and outside Iraq.

So, I can understand the fluctuation between extreme optimism, total ambivalence, and the depths of depression. I made this investment as a hedge like a Plan B, Plan C, Plan D(inar), or whatever. As a result, my emotional response is more cropped on both the extreme euphoria and dismal disposition toward what happens.

So now on to the nearly impossible to lift gold nuggets you alluded to. You mentioned oil, natural gas, gold, silver, copper, many other metal elements, (I'll add agriculture) technology, labor, electronics, heavy machinery, sporting goods, tourism - and all to think these folks can read, write, and even count! Well, the list goes on! I can not imagine foreign countries not wanting to pour into Iraq with all the profits that can be made and this is a major reason why I believe the whole thing with their currency will take off. A caveat to all others is the potential for Iraq to fall into the hands of more sinister entities that use these resources and the derived profits against other foreign countries - especially the West. So, the incentive is astronomically huge for this to happen now. If Iraq relapses into sectarian strife and Civil War, then this whole thing will be postponed for a while - if it ever happens. I believe many countries need this positive uplift in investment potential in Iraq to prevent a down ward spiral of their own economic conditions. Something needs to happen for many countrys' balance sheets.

I suspect Maliki and the likes will get smashed pretty soon since they have been a major contributor to all the crimes and it is well documented. I am thinking this is one of the last things that will be announced - the major actors in custody - before the event. Otherwise, the corruption could continue on a grander scale post event.

I may or may not be justified in my present state of optimism but I do think there is a significant amount of conditions and pressure to get this show on the road fairly quickly.

Your Stately Oratories from your High Class Soap Box are well and timely delivered. Don't stop now!!!

Go Moola Nova!

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Eloquently spoken, EzraPound!

:tiphat:       :tiphat:       :tiphat:

I looked long and hard at this whole thing before investing. I believe, for the solid reasons you mentioned and several other solid reasons, that this would be a beneficial investment. I also tempered my expectations to know this could be a very, very long investment as well as this whole investment could go belly up and I lose all that I invested. So, with these tempered expectations, I view the news and look for both supporting and contrary indications both inside and outside Iraq.

So, I can understand the fluctuation between extreme optimism, total ambivalence, and the depths of depression. I made this investment as a hedge like a Plan B, Plan C, Plan D(inar), or whatever. As a result, my emotional response is more cropped on both the extreme euphoria and dismal disposition toward what happens.

So now on to the nearly impossible to lift gold nuggets you alluded to. You mentioned oil, natural gas, gold, silver, copper, many other metal elements, (I'll add agriculture) technology, labor, electronics, heavy machinery, sporting goods, tourism - and all to think these folks can read, write, and even count! Well, the list goes on! I can not imagine foreign countries not wanting to pour into Iraq will all the profits that can be made and this is a major reason why I believe the whole thing with their currency will take off. A caveat to all others is the potential for Iraq to fall into the hands of more sinister entities that use these resources and the derived profits against other foreign countries - especially the West. So, the incentive is astronomically huge for this to happen now. If Iraq relapses into sectarian strife and Civil War, then this whole thing will be postponed for a while - if it ever happens. I believe many countries need this positive uplift in investment potential in Iraq to prevent a down ward spiral of their own economic conditions. Something needs to happen for many countrys' balance sheets.

I suspect Maliki and the likes will get smashed pretty soon since they have been a major contributor to all the crimes and it is well documented. I am thinking this is one of the last things that will be announced - the major actors in custody - before the event. Otherwise, the corruption could continue on a grander scale post event.

I may or may not be justified in my present state of optimism but I do think there is a significant amount of conditions and pressure to get this show on the road fairly quickly.

Your Stately Oratories from your High Class Soap Box are well and timely delivered. Don't stop now!!!

Go Moola Nova!

Thanks

• Upvote 3

I too, am cautiously optimistic. I say cautiously because of my historical stance ( as many of you are aware) We have all been breathlessly at the brink of the abyss many times in the last few years after hearing over and over again how close we are, yada, yada, yada. I cannot, however, shake the conviction that THIS time could very well be the right time. Abadi keeps amazing us with his steadfastness in getting all the ducks in a row...never before has so much good news emerged from the sand pile ( I say that with tongue in cheek) Like most, I wonder what his exact plan is for not only the country, but for Maliki and his goons as well. We can only wait I suppose ( no other choice), and I have to say waiting has not become my long suit by any means. Entered this investment in '05 believing an R/V was imminent...12 years down the road I am not sure any more exactly what to believe, but as I have said a few times before waiting has become such a habit that I no longer even know how to throw in the towel and cash out. So, that being said, perhaps it is good for me and everyone else to remind me ( us) of all the things Iraq DOES have going for it. To forget all that would be too depressing. I do know that when this is all over and done with, I like a great many here, wish to never even hear the word Iraq again. To be honest I ( and most whether they admit it or not) don't really care about all the altruistic reasons for involvement  with Iraq. We simply did so for the money. That may seem harsh and uncaring, but the facts remain we all are in this investment for selfish motives...no matter how much we doctor it up or try and convince ourselves and others that we want to see the people of Iraq and their country prosper. We got into it for the money. Money makes the word go round...simple as that. So, I will be perfectly happy to spend my money ( when and if it comes) and become totally oblivious to the welfare of Iraq. I wish them well and all that, and certainly do not wish them bad things, but...I want to take care of my family first and foremost. I don't really care if I am rich, because my run here on earth is almost over. I have had a good run. I want to be able to let my better half live the rest of her life as comfortably as I can make it for her. And that means enough money in the bank for her to do that. I suppose truth be told, she is the reason I don't know how to quit.

• Upvote 12

Many eloquent words here. I can't help but think about all who may think of the "over night success" that I will have become, not knowing all that we (Grammaolive & I) have gone through. Thank you Ezrapound and ALL of the DVers for helping me remember that, YES! She is why I don't know how to quit. In the words of Nathan, "I've found my purpose! "

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, olivesman said:

Many eloquent words here. I can't help but think about all who may think of the "over night success" that I will have become, not knowing all that we (Grammaolive & I) have gone through. Thank you Ezrapound and ALL of the DVers for helping me remember that, YES! She is why I don't know how to quit. In the words of Nathan, "I've found my purpose! "

your welcome

I do my best

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ezrapound said:

I too, am cautiously optimistic. I say cautiously because of my historical stance ( as many of you are aware) We have all been breathlessly at the brink of the abyss many times in the last few years after hearing over and over again how close we are, yada, yada, yada. I cannot, however, shake the conviction that THIS time could very well be the right time. Abadi keeps amazing us with his steadfastness in getting all the ducks in a row...never before has so much good news emerged from the sand pile ( I say that with tongue in cheek) Like most, I wonder what his exact plan is for not only the country, but for Maliki and his goons as well. We can only wait I suppose ( no other choice), and I have to say waiting has not become my long suit by any means. Entered this investment in '05 believing an R/V was imminent...12 years down the road I am not sure any more exactly what to believe, but as I have said a few times before waiting has become such a habit that I no longer even know how to throw in the towel and cash out. So, that being said, perhaps it is good for me and everyone else to remind me ( us) of all the things Iraq DOES have going for it. To forget all that would be too depressing. I do know that when this is all over and done with, I like a great many here, wish to never even hear the word Iraq again. To be honest I ( and most whether they admit it or not) don't really care about all the altruistic reasons for involvement  with Iraq. We simply did so for the money. That may seem harsh and uncaring, but the facts remain we all are in this investment for selfish motives...no matter how much we doctor it up or try and convince ourselves and others that we want to see the people of Iraq and their country prosper. We got into it for the money. Money makes the word go round...simple as that. So, I will be perfectly happy to spend my money ( when and if it comes) and become totally oblivious to the welfare of Iraq. I wish them well and all that, and certainly do not wish them bad things, but...I want to take care of my family first and foremost. I don't really care if I am rich, because my run here on earth is almost over. I have had a good run. I want to be able to let my better half live the rest of her life as comfortably as I can make it for her. And that means enough money in the bank for her to do that. I suppose truth be told, she is the reason I don't know how to quit.

We are all cautiously optimistic and I must admit that the days of upbeat news are more these days but at the moment I am on a huge downhill ride about the whole investment... It's hard to imagine that a country with so much wealth in resources and future potential labouring heavily on the road to recovery with a worthless currency and an almost lethargic government attitude... The assets in gold and wealth far outweigh their liabilities yet the continually stall ...

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
On 8/3/2017 at 8:47 PM, King Bean said:

in one hand, hope in the other. Am I close??   ;)

I honestly don't know King Bean ! I will tell you this,  we are closer than we ever were in finding out if this is going to work out the way we want. Take a chill pill or your favorite beverage and maybe tomorrow will work for me and you. Please be positive ! We all need that from you ......you are not the only one in this boat adrift ! Take care Brother !

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, King Bean said:

Sh!t in one hand, hope in the other. Am I close??   ;)

Spot on KB . . . you have your finger on the pulse !  . . . and with Iraq ( on life support ) that's about 3 beats per minute. Me, I'd go for a rubber mallet and wallop a knee cap or 2. That would make'm jump up and take notice. 

• Upvote 2

So, after a three month hospital stay and near death experience I returned to this site and shockingly discovered absolutely nothing  has changed.  I say shockingly as a joke. I am certainly NOT surprised.Disappointed yes, but not surprised.After literally looking death in the face and saying "screw you" I have been forced to look at all things in a new light and see new priorities...one of which is being grateful for just being alive. Believing in the dinar has taken a back seat to enjoying the sound of thunder and rain...the sun...dog licks etc.The dinar reval has just lost the appeal it once had.

• Upvote 11

44 minutes ago, ezrapound said:

So, after a three month hospital stay and near death experience I returned to this site and shockingly discovered absolutely nothing  has changed.  I say shockingly as a joke. I am certainly NOT surprised.Disappointed yes, but not surprised.After literally looking death in the face and saying "screw you" I have been forced to look at all things in a new light and see new priorities...one of which is being grateful for just being alive. Believing in the dinar has taken a back seat to enjoying the sound of thunder and rain...the sun...dog licks etc.The dinar reval has just lost the appeal it once had.

Perfect attitude from here on out, Ezra!  The RV may happen or it may never happen, either way, life goes on!

• Upvote 5

Yep . . . when I ask the dog how things are going; he says " just another ball licking day for me, Boss " The MOST laid back beagle ever.

One day at a time and be grateful for every day above ground & breathing. Lost 4 Great ( Army ) friends to illness so far this year. I'm re-evaluating everything.

Good to see Ezra back in the saddle. :tiphat: 

• Upvote 6