Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abadi: Two months separating Iraq's exit from Chapter VII

yota691

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Maybe some one more knowledgeable on the Chapter VII sanctions could chime in here. Does the Chapter VII release require Iraq to have a revalued currency or does the Chapter VII release allow for the IQD revalue? If I understand correctly, Iraq needs to have a revalued currency to ascend as a full WTO trade partner so I am trying to figure out what is the horse and what is the cart to help me keep things in the right order. I realize Chapter VII and WTO issues are distinct and may or may not be connected in any or all ways possible.

With an announcement like this, I suspect electronic traders (and others) need to be kept off guard. I am a fan of thinking the cows are all out before the barn door closes so I am thinking the IQD revaluation would occur before (or maybe much before) the announced Chapter VII release two months back wall.

This announcement may have been made some time ago, too, and is just now being released to the public even though the announcement was given to key individuals earlier. There have been other articles in the Iraqi news media that did appear to have a release as much as several months later while some other articles appear to have been recycled. As such, there may be a lot of smoke 'n mirrors and phonae' balonae' thrown around for entertainment and other purposes in the next while.

Your comments are appreciated.

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

I was wondering the same thing.

Anyone have an answer?  Which comes first--RV or Chapter 8? 

• Upvote 1

Thank You, DWS112, lots of great information!

Time sometimes doesn't serve me well at all. It is hard to believe this article was published nearly four (4 - count 'em four) years ago and stated, "He praised government efforts with the start of the countdown to get rid of sanctions."

WOWZERS!!! That sure was a long count down! A lot of good and bad has happened in the last four years! To me, though, things have never looked as good as now for the IQD revaluation to occur - I guess that is one consolation we can all take - and may have been needed to make the IQD revaluation as optimum and sustainable as possible!

Thank You again, DWS 112!

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Thank You, DWS112, lots of great information!

Time sometimes doesn't serve me well at all. It is hard to believe this article was published nearly four (4 - count 'em four) years ago and stated, "He praised government efforts with the start of the countdown to get rid of sanctions."

WOWZERS!!! That sure was a long count down! A lot of good and bad has happened in the last four years! To me, though, things have never looked as good as now for the IQD revaluation to occur - I guess that is one consolation we can all take - and may have been needed to make the IQD revaluation as optimum and sustainable as possible!

Thank You again, DWS 112!

Go Moola Nova!

While this does indeed sound encouraging and all that, I still have to take my historical stance...I will smile when my bank account is much larger than it is now. Not being a Debbie downer, but after 12 years of this ride all I can do any more is...SIGH...

• Upvote 4

Thanks. I am just to the point where I am stupefied that it has been this long and nothing has happened  yet. Even more stupefied that I have hung in there blindly for this long without totally throwing in the towel. Whether it is a super deep seated belief in it or I am just too stubborn or dumb to quit I just don't know anymore. Some habits are really hard to quit...this is one of them for me.

Edited by ezrapound
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Maybe some one more knowledgeable on the Chapter VII sanctions could chime in here. Does the Chapter VII release require Iraq to have a revalued currency or does the Chapter VII release allow for the IQD revalue? If I understand correctly, Iraq needs to have a revalued currency to ascend as a full WTO trade partner so I am trying to figure out what is the horse and what is the cart to help me keep things in the right order. I realize Chapter VII and WTO issues are distinct and may or may not be connected in any or all ways possible.

It is my understanding that they have to have an internationally accepted currency before going to Chapter VIII, not so much of an RV. But having an international currency sure helps for having an RV.

With an announcement like this, I suspect electronic traders (and others) need to be kept off guard. I am a fan of thinking the cows are all out before the barn door closes so I am thinking the IQD revaluation would occur before (or maybe much before) the announced Chapter VII release two months back wall.

I agree with keeping them off guard. Going international without an RV will open the flood gates for a ton of speculators, which in itself I think will cause it to rise. Anyway you look at it, I think it is a good thing. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

near the exit of the country from Chapter VII after we meet the international sanctions imposed.....Iraq meets all international sanctions imposed during the rule of the former regime,......which is it ? Did the meet the sanction requirements already or are they going to ? ....Chapter VII mechanisms after meeting Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi. Finished / 25 for..... I think it is how this reads . Activate the Mechanism after meeting Prime Minister Abadi . Finished ......I don't see 2 more months even though that's what Abadi says . 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Broadcasting While Abadi Puts A Lien On The Presidential Camel Motorcade....

Wax on, wax off. Pawn Shop wants 'em spotless so ISIS will trade in their Toyotas.

uae-carwash.jpg 

Now they just need Luigi to check the fluids !!  :lol:

a3abff55c6e4e908717ddbdfadded8d8.jpg

Edited by King Bean
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

near the exit of the country from Chapter VII after we meet the international sanctions imposed.....Iraq meets all international sanctions imposed during the rule of the former regime,......which is it ? Did the meet the sanction requirements already or are they going to ? ....Chapter VII mechanisms after meeting Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi. Finished / 25 for..... I think it is how this reads . Activate the Mechanism after meeting Prime Minister Abadi . Finished ......I don't see 2 more months even though that's what Abadi says . 

That's what I say

this is done

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ezrapound said:

Thanks. I am just to the point where I am stupefied that it has been this long and nothing has happened  yet. Even more stupefied that I have hung in there blindly for this long without totally throwing in the towel. Whether it is a super deep seated belief in it or I am just too stubborn or dumb to quit I just don't know anymore. Some habits are really hard to quit...this is one of them for me.

I started off full head hair

6 pack abs

great eye sight

now I look like a grandfather 

thin no hair

18 pack abs in lower area like a ballon 

glasses like trailer park boys 

• Upvote 4

Does the Chapter VII release require Iraq to have a revalued currency or does the Chapter VII release allow for the IQD revalue?

since we will never get to see the plan before hand ... ill speculate ... all at the same time W/ no fanfare ... go cbi

1 hour ago, ezrapound said:

Hey EZ, I think you are looking at it from the wrong angle. When I bought my dinar 11+ years ago ($2,500USD which got me 4,025,000 IQD) I looked at it as I was buying a lifetime weekly renewable lottery ticket with a great payout at (I figured it was a 25,000 : 1 odds of winning a 1:1 or more return). Benefit being I used my gambling away money so no real harm there and every week for 11 years I've not spent any gas money or time getting new tickets filling out the bubbles and waiting in line. So I figured I saved $8,150.00 in gas alone and when people ask me weekly do I want to join their lottery group I tell them sorry I already have my tickets. And for ten years no one at the company or my friends and family has ever won and they spend $10 to $15 per week plus the gas to get to the store and back so they have spent $7,000 or more and have nothing. I have $4Million in IQD I could get $3,410 today, But I'm in this for as long as I keep getting calls to join a lottery group or when 1IQD is worth $1.27USD. Either way I get to have the same fantasy dreams the lottery buyers get but without the hassle.

nationalottery_2208073b.jpg  falling-money.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Don't take this as fact...just my perspective...I would think the RV would be in- country first...The WTO as well as the UN have stipulations on the sanctions concerning Iraq's issue with Chapter VII...The dinar has to be internationally valued to it's true worth by the standards set forth by the IMF...If my memory serves me correct, one of the WTO stipulations is; that Iraq has a tradable currecy...China is a good exception to this theory, so there we go again...just why did that chicken cross the road...maybe to lay the egg...lmao

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, davis411 said:

Abadi: During the next two months will agree on removing Iraq from Chapter VII

just a davis thought here

this is the one I like

to me it is saying can happen at any time from now up to 2 months????

could be the beer talking

We both have very good beer then - my thoughts as well on this .. . Windows of opportunity and :facepalm:such. Still we wait . . . God almighty 

" I . . . Shoes . . . BEER ! ".          :drunk:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

Don't take this as fact...just my perspective...I would think the RV would be in- country first...The WTO as well as the UN have stipulations on the sanctions concerning Iraq's issue with Chapter VII...The dinar has to be internationally valued to it's true worth by the standards set forth by the IMF...If my memory serves me correct, one of the WTO stipulations is; that Iraq has a tradable currecy...China is a good exception to this theory, so there we go again...just why did that chicken cross the road...maybe to lay the egg...lmao

Skeeter - do U recall if it's RV THEN Ch. 7 removal. ......or Ch. 7 removal to RV???? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Skeeter - do U recall if it's RV THEN Ch. 7 removal. ......or Ch. 7 removal to RV??

I believe 

it's Davis dies of old age waiting for rv

then rv 

at 6.00 Usd for 1 iqd

that's what I see

damn I am screwed again

Edited by davis411
  • Upvote 2