Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Dinar Encoded in Bible Code

19 hours ago, Shedagal said:

I am so enjoying this conversation!!  Thank you, Keylime, for researching and posting this.  And all who have added to this thread.  One of my favorite shows is "Prophecy Watchers".  That is how I heard of the "Great and Wondrous Sign" in Revelation 12 occurring this September.  There are many who believe the Rapture will occur in the Fall.  I love dissecting the Bible and finding the many mysteries that God has hidden there.  What a great and mighty God we serve!! 

It is so imperative that we all have a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit to be Spirit-led in all we do (especially post-RV).

I too am enjoying this conversation and love dissecting the Bible also. Praying and asking the Lord to feed me the "hidden manna". I have been studying these things, Bible Code, signs and wonders in the sky, etc. for decades. I believe the Rapture will occur during Rosh Hashana which is the "long day" feast of the Lord, and also had an idiom that Jesus used "No man knows the day or the hour" when referring to the feast because they had to have 2 witnesses spot the new moon then tell the High Priest who would announce the feast has begun and blow the Shofar to signal it, thus not knowing what day during that two day period or hour it would begin. And Jesus answered when all these things (meaning the events of the last days) would take place, He answered with that idiom which to a Jewish audience they would know to the time He was referring.

It is the next feast yet to be fulfilled by Jesus. And the time we are living in "the times of the Gentiles" comes between the two feasts Pentecost and The Feast of Trumpets. Rev 12 uses the word Harpazo when it describes how the "child that was just birthed is snatched up to heaven". Thus this GREAT sign may very well coincide with the Rapture because it occurs in conjunction with the Feast of Trumpets. Now I cannot say "Yes we are being raptured during  the time that sign is being fullfilled this Sept. 21,22(Rosh Hahshana) and 23(Rev 12 sign), but it could happen.

Abraham was called out(from his people) when he was 75 years old and they use an interesting phrase when he gets called out which is and "all the souls with him". From Adam to Abraham there was 1948 years. From the 2nd Adam(Jesus) to the rebirth of Israel was 1948 years. If you add 1948 and 75 when Abraham was called out, you get 2023/2024. So the rapture could very well happen during that time frame as well.

All I know is I am "looking up for my redemption draweth nigh."

Thank you to everyone who has read as well as contributed to this conversation. I love it when the Children of God are hungry for the things of our Father, and we, together, study to show ourselves approved, and reveal what the Holy Spirit wants to show us in this time when the "little book" Daniel swallowed would be revealed in the end days.

The Dinar is going to be a wonderful blessing, however, we are living in the most incredible time the world has ever known, where our patriarchs longed to see and hoped to be alive through. We are blessed to be the "Generation that sees these things" Let us occupy until Jesus comes and pray for wisdom and understanding and ears to hear and eyes to see what the Lord would have us do. 

God bless.

Edited by keylime
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, 1lucdog said:

Since the Bible code has come up here is a bit more I discovered myself in a search in '99   Then back to the Dinar ;) This is better than rumors anyway Come on Adam with some good news we can use.... facts. It won't be long now ;)

"The Torah code also speaks about this Revelation 12 sign in the sky on the night of 9-11-3 BC. It “confirms” that it was the night of the birth of Jesus. I found this “Bible Code” myself the night of 9-10-99. (The Rev. 12 sign played out again the next night! On 9-11-99)

This is part of the information in the Bible code I found:

1. Announcement to Mary took place on 22 Kislev 3758, (December 10/11, 4 BC.)

2. Mary conceived the Child by the Holy Spirit took place on the end of 24 Kislev, beginning of 25 Kislev in the evening, in the year 3758, which was December 13, 4 BC. (This was the beginning of Hanukkah.)

3. Birth of Yeshua in Bethlehem took place on 1 Tishri 3759 Rosh Hashanah, which was September 11, 3 BC. (Feast of Trumpets)

4. Brit Milah (dedication) at the Temple—(took place on) 8 Tishri 3759, (which was September 18, 3 BC.)

Since 9-11-99 I have since seen that other researchers have also found these codes and others that confirm the times and dates of Yeshua’s birth!

I have also discovered another interesting “code” in the Hebrew language that relates to His birth. Remember our discovery of gematria, the mathematical matrix that assigns each Hebrew letter a numerical value? Well, guess what… the Hebrew word for “pregnancy” has the value of 271 which is the number of days for a “normal” gestation of a human baby. The Hebrew word for pregnancy/conception is “herayon” (hey resh yud vav nun). The numerical values are as follows:

hey=5, resh=200, yud=10, vav=6, nun=50; or total=5+200+10+6+50=271

You can do the math, but I’ll tell you, it fits!"

In summary, let’s consider the life and times and historical facts of Yeshua and how he energizes and gives meaning to the feasts or dress rehearsals. How he decodes the code in the holidays. He was:

Conceived during Hanukkah. Probably Dec. 13th 4 BC

Born on the Feast of Trumpets 9-11-3BC, 1 Tishri

Died on Passover Friday

He rested wrapped in linen like the affikomen on the feast of Unleavened Bread, a double Shabbat

He rose from the dead on the feast of First Fruits Sunday morning

Sent His Spirit to cover the Earth on Pentecost

I am unaware of a connection on Purim... yet

Yet to come:

At one ment... coming together as one with Him

Tabernacles... dwelling together with Him

Coincidence? The rabbis say there is no such thing!

Bit.ly/quantumgod

One issue, there is actually strong contention Jesus was not crucified on a  Friday; rather he died on a Wednesday and resurrected three days and three nights later, on a Saturday. I actually am in the Wednesday crowd for there is not enough time between the time he was taken down from the cross and entombed to his resurrection on Sunday.

Two articles explain the stance: 1) favors Wednesday  and 2) favors Friday.

These are interesting articles and these differences should be noted when the Bible Code is looked at because the argument stems from how Jesus/Yeshua (definitely not Isa) explains when he will be resurrected. This comes from the tale of Jonas earlier told in the Bible where Jonas was inside the whale Three days and Three nights. Also Leviticus tells us the days of the Holy Sabbaths. John tells us that Mary went to the tomb when it was dark and the stone was removed before she arrived. So there are some discrepancies with the actual day of the week in which he died and was resurrected. However if you go back three days and three nights from how John describes the story, one cannot come to the conclusion Jesus was crucified on Friday as it makes no sense given the other verses found within the Bible. One of the major issues is how we are very much removed from that time in history and how we view the calendar and how they viewed the calendar has very much changed in that time. The reason I am for the Wednesday theory is Good Friday is more a day of convenience for Church goers on Sunday. Take Christmas for example and the controversy surrounding that as it falls in December for most of the christian world but for the orthodoxy Christmas falls in January. This is the day of birth. No one rightly knows so is this too a day of convenience given and mandated by the Holy Roman Catholic Church? If no one actually knows, can it then follow Good friday is also a day of convenience mandated by the Holy Roman Catholic Church? The Bible tells us so.

However, we must also realize when dealing with the Bible Code, not just with the Birth, Crucifixion and Resurrection of Jesus, the Bible itself is not wholly formed. Thus we must look at the version of the Bible we are using. Are we using the Catholic version or the Protestant version in which two books appear in the former but not the latter. When dealing with the Bible code, we must not conflate our individual beliefs and what we have been taught with what the Code is showing us. This is difficult at times as you have so eloquently illustrated and the controversies not only surrounding the actual resurrection and the birth but with other controversies surrounding the Biblical times. To postulate the birth one day will yield a different result in the Bible Code if we postulate the birth on a different day. These differing results is why when looking at the Bible Code, we must take into accounts the controversies and their conclusions. Another reason why so many give up on the Bible Code or only run it according to their beliefs and conclusions. There is just not enough time in the world to run through all the different scenarios required to make actual sense out of all the possibilities the Bible Code has. Maybe god wanted it that way and then again, maybe not.

• Upvote 1

The "Bible code" is really the Torah code to the purists and only functions in the original Hebrew of the old testament.. So the Bible version makes no difference to it ;) 

I hear ya definitely not Isa :)

I have not done a Torah code search on the feasts (I don't do them any more...I want to be surprised,lol) and what days of the week they were on but From Biblical accounts whatever day of the week it was and I am familiar with the different views, Yeshua did fulfill each one on the proper day in the Hebrew year even down to the time of his death on the cross at the time of the evening sacrifice on Passover. He fulfilled every type and shadow that they were to remind of us of. Yes since the time of Constantine the pagan holidays invaded the church and who knows what about those?! Who cares actually none of them have any cosmic significance anyway ...only the ones in Leviticus 23.2 are commanded by God and Purim and Hanukkah were added to celebrate His power intervening on behalf of His people ... Jesus was conceived on hanukkah and born 271 days later on the feast of trumpets so the Light of the world was conceived by the father of lights on the festival of lights and thier may still be a Purim connection but neither are part of the "Sacred Seven"

I loved the tone of Adam's stop bye this morning.

:)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 1lucdog said:

The "Bible code" is really the Torah code to the purists and only functions in the original Hebrew of the old testament.. So the Bible version makes no difference to it ;) 

I have not done a Torah code search on the feasts (I don't do them any more...I want to be surprised,lol) and what days of the week they were on but From Biblical accounts whatever day of the week it was and I am familiar with the different views, Yeshua did fulfill each one on the proper day in the Hebrew year even down to the time of his death on the cross at the time of the evening sacrifice on Passover. He fulfilled every type and shadow that they were to remind of us of. Yes since the time of Constantine the pagan holidays invaded the church and who knows what about those?! Who cares actually none of them have any cosmic significance anyway ...only the ones in Leviticus 23.2 are commanded by God and Purim and Hanukkah were added to celebrate His power intervening on behalf of His people ... Jesus was conceived on hanukkah and born 271 days later on the feast of trumpets so the Light of the world was conceived by the father of lights on the festival of lights and thier may still be a Purim connection but neither are part of the "Sacred Seven"

I loved his tone as well.  Feels like it's all coming together quickly...the program this was based on is the Hebrew OT.  And I agree that there can be no confusion as to Christ's death and Resurrection as the Bible is clear HE died at the exact moment the Passover Lamb was sacrificed and it was on the Sabbath which occurs Friday Sundown and rose on the Feast of First Fruits as our First Fruit. I've seen in a study Christ was conceived on Dec 24/25th which was also Hanukkah that year.  God is AWESOME and we can study for many lifetimes to discover how incredible HE is, but Praise HIM we can get to know HIM and JESUS through His HOLY SPIRIT in this lifetime then "absent from the body present with the LORD" we will know HIM even as we are known.

Oct. 2015 I was in a horrific car accident and died on the operating table. During that time which was about 4 minutes I was walking in a large field with tall thin knee high grass waving softly back and forth. Jesus walked next to me and all we did was chuckle the whole time as if the joke was on the devil. Yes, satan tried to send me to him 3 times in that week and 3 times the LORD sent me back.

About 6 months later I was watching "It's Supernatural" with Sid Roth and a guest on his show had gone to Heaven many times and once he found himself in a large field described exactly how I remember it. He asked the LORD what the place was. JESUS told him it was HIS "Favorite place. Where HIS whole family will gather one day."

I got HOLY GHOST bumps and thanked HIM for meeting me and allowing me to see HIS favorite place.  As a walking miracle I savor everyday and look forward to once and for all be with HIM forever in my new eternal body.  

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, keylime said:

I loved his tone as well.  Feels like it's all coming together quickly...the program this was based on is the Hebrew OT.  And I agree that there can be no confusion as to Christ's death and Resurrection as the Bible is clear HE died at the exact moment the Passover Lamb was sacrificed and it was on the Sabbath which occurs Friday Sundown and rose on the Feast of First Fruits as our First Fruit. I've seen in a study Christ was conceived on Dec 24/25th which was also Hanukkah that year.  God is AWESOME and we can study for many lifetimes to discover how incredible HE is, but Praise HIM we can get to know HIM and JESUS through His HOLY SPIRIT in this lifetime then "absent from the body present with the LORD" we will know HIM even as we are known.

Oct. 2015 I was in a horrific car accident and died on the operating table. During that time which was about 4 minutes I was walking in a large field with tall thin knee high grass waving softly back and forth. Jesus walked next to me and all we did was chuckle the whole time as if the joke was on the devil. Yes, satan tried to send me to him 3 times in that week and 3 times the LORD sent me back.

About 6 months later I was watching "It's Supernatural" with Sid Roth and a guest on his show had gone to Heaven many times and once he found himself in a large field described exactly how I remember it. He asked the LORD what the place was. JESUS told him it was HIS "Favorite place. Where HIS whole family will gather one day."

I got HOLY GHOST bumps and thanked HIM for meeting me and allowing me to see HIS favorite place.  As a walking miracle I savor everyday and look forward to once and for all be with HIM forever in my new eternal body.  

Thank You, KeyLime, for sharing reality. Might be encouraging so here are a couple favorites of mine:

Psalm 27:4-5 New International Version (NIV)

4 One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock.

Malachi 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)

The Faithful Remnant

16 Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name.

17 “On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him.

John 14:26 New International Version (NIV)

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 16:7-15 New International Version (NIV)

7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Thank You, KeyLime, for sharing reality. Might be encouraging so here are a couple favorites of mine:

Psalm 27:4-5 New International Version (NIV)

4 One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock.

Malachi 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)

The Faithful Remnant

16 Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name.

17 “On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him.

John 14:26 New International Version (NIV)

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 16:7-15 New International Version (NIV)

7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Thank you Synopsis for sharing some of your favorite verses..these are wonderful and encouraging...I love them as well.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, keylime said:

Thank you Synopsis for sharing some of your favorite verses..these are wonderful and encouraging...I love them as well.  

It is so encouraging for folks like yourself to share your "Jesus In Person" experiences. My hope is fixed on him. Hopefully others are compelled to share and there is more to come as we listen, watch, and wait................................................................................

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

It is so encouraging for folks like yourself to share your "Jesus In Person" experiences. My hope is fixed on him. Hopefully others are compelled to share and there is more to come as we listen, watch, and wait................................................................................

Amen my brother. Amen. I would love to hear others share their experiences

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, keylime said:

Wow ... Powerful testimony Keylime!!! Blessings!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, 1lucdog said:

So if the version of the Bible make no difference then you confuse the Torah with the Bible like many do today. The Old Testament is not the Bible neither is it all of the Torah. Like I recently espoused the Bible is a combination of Old Scripture and New Scripture formed by men at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD. Versions do matter especially in the taking of the new Testament into the algorithm. The science behind the Bible Code, too complex for a simple discussion, like i have said before and will reiterate here changes the result when taking the different versions of what we consider the Bible today. The Torah code as you put it is only done in Hebrew. Since you have included the Immaculate Conception, Birth and Resurrection into your search, you must take into account what I have said before as the Torah while prophesied the coming of the Messiah, for the Jews the Messiah has yet to come. Including Jesus into the Bible Code search innately includes the New Testament and disregards the Torah only. This then brings us to the circular argument of why we must take into account the different versions of the Bible when exploring the Bible Code. Only for the mere fact that different version will yield similar to completely different results. For example, if I use the Latin version of the Bible, does not the translation into English of the Latin conflate the actual meaning of what we have found using the Bible Code? We see examples of this everyday from Arabic to English. To most the Torah is written in Hebrew, It wasn't, originally it was written in three languages, Hebrew being one of them, Aramaic another. It is wholly written in Hebrew today as the Bible was wholly written in Latin before being translated in the King's English. The King's English translated into American English etc. The different idiosyncrasies not only in the culture can change the result of the search in the Bible Code. For example, most do not realize the Harry Potter books are written in English but there are two different versions of these. You have the British version and the American version. In America we have an elevator and in Britain they have a lift. To the Bible Code these two words, for example, changes the results based on the algorithm the Bible code uses as elevator is comprised of 8 characters and lift only 4. The Bible Code is a mathematical algorithm in simplest terms and the difference between 8 characters and 4 characters could potentially mean the difference between 1980 and 1880. Different versions do matter. When I say different versions I am also speaking to the different languages and the dialects within those languages as well not just the book content that forms the Bible. While the Torah, today has been standardized, that was not always the case and even that brings about consternation amongst the Rabi in the Jewish faith. The point here is this our beliefs and traditions affect our search and what we use when searching inside the Bible and/or Torah. You and I could use the same Bible Code algorithm, to which I will not get into the different versions of the algorithm used in the Bible Code, and two almost similar Bibles and our results would be almost as different as night and day.    

• Upvote 2

Just don't miss the "Great Sign" this fall. Virgo (the woman) giving birth to to the (male child) Jupiter, with a crown of 12 stars, and the moon at her feet! This will happen on the Feast Of Trumpets. On our calander date of September 23rd 2017...It's the Harponzo (rapture) woo Hoo!!!😕

• Upvote 1

WOW, this is a great thread! I too have looked into the Bible Codes and find them quite interesting and do believe that our Almighty GOD could have left messages in the Torah. Let me explain my reasoning. Theseus, I agree with you almost a 100% with your last post. With different types of Bibles and languages there can be different outcomes. But, with the Torah, and code that can come out of that I would be more inclined to really look at and believe. What I have found is the Torah, the five books of Moses, was given to Moses by GOD himself. He was instructed what to write letter for letter. I also understand that when it is copied it can only be copied by a scribe that has had years of training and must be copied exactly. It is for this reason, that I believe there could be codes in the Torah.

• Upvote 5

On 4/4/2017 at 8:37 AM, Synopsis said:

Interesting, KeyLime!

Here is a post noting the changes in the IQD exchange rate that occur on April 30. April 30 is a Sunday this year. May 1 is a Monday this year. So, the changes could be made on Sunday and roll out to various entities on Monday if all these projections coincide and are true.

I was looking in the post for the year 2017. The post mentions March, April, May, June, and July but I did not pick up 2017. Does all this coincide in 2017!

Thank You for posting, KeyLime!

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

I too am looking for anything that says 2017

anyone???

• Upvote 1

I studied the Bible Code for years. I did not stop believing in the Code rather I stopped because of all of the extraneous work that had to be done into the verification of the result I received was correct. If in my previous post you felt as if you could casually dismiss what I have said, take a look at this question and the response to this question. An individual asks "Are there unnecessary words in the Torah?' Here is the answer:

<quote>I've been taught, often enough that I thought it was universal, that there are no unnecessary words in torah (chumash) — every word is there to teach us something. I've seen plenty of discussions in the g'mara that seem to follow this principle, too, understanding that two similar-seeming verses (or words) are there to teach two different principles because they can't be serving the same purpose.

For example, Sanhedrin 64b (summarized in point 3 of this outline, h/t @ba) asks why the torah says three times that one is chayav karet for idolatry and then finds three interpretations. It doesn't say explicitly there that each of the torah's three statements must be "consumed" by a different halacha, but this lesson from the Virtual Beit Midrash (Yeshivat Har Etzion) states the rule explicitly but without citation in a discussion of Kiddushin 72b, discussing a baraita:

The gemara begins its analysis of the beraita by questioning the reasoning behind Rabbi Yossi's position. The gemara explains that, in the context of those who are genealogically unfit to marry into the broad Jewish community, the Torah (Devarim 23:3-9) employs the term "congregation" (for example, a mamzer may not "enter the congregation of God") five times. Since the Torah could have simply listed all the different categories (mamzerim and converts of Amonite, Moabite or Egyptian descent) and stated once that they may not enter the congregation, the gemara assumes that the word "congregation" must have been used extra times in order to teach further details about these prohibitions. This is quite characteristic of Talmudic methodology. Since there are no unnecessary words in the Torah, words that appear extra must be there in order to teach some detail that we would not have known otherwise.

I have also heard, but don't know where, that a perfect torah would not need to include superfluous words (along the idea of @WAF's comment below), and of course God's torah is perfect. I'm not sure how much weight to give a human interpretation of divine intent.

Today I read that this "rule" about unnecessary words is not universally held.

What sources are there for each position? Who holds that there are no unnecessary words, and who does not, and on what basis?</quote>

I don't expect people to understand the topic only look at what is being said. When you start looking at the behind the scenes of the Bible Code's algorithm, unnecessary words becomes a death knell for your result. One cannot simply run the algorithm, derive a result and say ah on May 21, 2017 such-and-such will happen. Where May 21, 2017 appears in the text is as important as the result itself.  Every single word, every single character in the Bible or Torah, right up to and including the result matters. And that is just too much research to be done. This is why I stopped researching the Bible Code. You cannot just run the algorithm and come up with a result without knowing so many other things before you even search for the result. Remember, I said elevator was 8 characters and lift 4. Now think how far off the result will be when superfluous words are added into the mix. Instead of 1980 or even 1880 you might end up with 3122. This is only an example and the above is a real life example of the consternation with the Torah. Only in the original text and in the original language can the Bible Code be run.  Once you introduce man's interpretation into the mix, the Bible Code becomes nothing more than entertainment sold on CD-ROM for $9.99.    

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Theseus said:

I studied the Bible Code for years. I did not stop believing in the Code rather I stopped because of all of the extraneous work that had to be done into the verification of the result I received was correct. If in my previous post you felt as if you could casually dismiss what I have said, take a look at this question and the response to this question. An individual asks "Are there unnecessary words in the Torah?' Here is the answer:

<quote>I've been taught, often enough that I thought it was universal, that there are no unnecessary words in torah (chumash) — every word is there to teach us something. I've seen plenty of discussions in the g'mara that seem to follow this principle, too, understanding that two similar-seeming verses (or words) are there to teach two different principles because they can't be serving the same purpose.

For example, Sanhedrin 64b (summarized in point 3 of this outline, h/t @ba) asks why the torah says three times that one is chayav karet for idolatry and then finds three interpretations. It doesn't say explicitly there that each of the torah's three statements must be "consumed" by a different halacha, but this lesson from the Virtual Beit Midrash (Yeshivat Har Etzion) states the rule explicitly but without citation in a discussion of Kiddushin 72b, discussing a baraita:

The gemara begins its analysis of the beraita by questioning the reasoning behind Rabbi Yossi's position. The gemara explains that, in the context of those who are genealogically unfit to marry into the broad Jewish community, the Torah (Devarim 23:3-9) employs the term "congregation" (for example, a mamzer may not "enter the congregation of God") five times. Since the Torah could have simply listed all the different categories (mamzerim and converts of Amonite, Moabite or Egyptian descent) and stated once that they may not enter the congregation, the gemara assumes that the word "congregation" must have been used extra times in order to teach further details about these prohibitions. This is quite characteristic of Talmudic methodology. Since there are no unnecessary words in the Torah, words that appear extra must be there in order to teach some detail that we would not have known otherwise.

I have also heard, but don't know where, that a perfect torah would not need to include superfluous words (along the idea of @WAF's comment below), and of course God's torah is perfect. I'm not sure how much weight to give a human interpretation of divine intent.

Today I read that this "rule" about unnecessary words is not universally held.

What sources are there for each position? Who holds that there are no unnecessary words, and who does not, and on what basis?</quote>

I don't expect people to understand the topic only look at what is being said. When you start looking at the behind the scenes of the Bible Code's algorithm, unnecessary words becomes a death knell for your result. One cannot simply run the algorithm, derive a result and say ah on May 21, 2017 such-and-such will happen. Where May 21, 2017 appears in the text is as important as the result itself.  Every single word, every single character in the Bible or Torah, right up to and including the result matters. And that is just too much research to be done. This is why I stopped researching the Bible Code. You cannot just run the algorithm and come up with a result without knowing so many other things before you even search for the result. Remember, I said elevator was 8 characters and lift 4. Now think how far off the result will be when superfluous words are added into the mix. Instead of 1980 or even 1880 you might end up with 3122. This is only an example and the above is a real life example of the consternation with the Torah. Only in the original text and in the original language can the Bible Code be run.  Once you introduce man's interpretation into the mix, the Bible Code becomes nothing more than entertainment sold on CD-ROM for $9.99.    

A great analysis and wonderful points Theseus. My only caveat is God says, "if you seek me, I will be found by you." And He also says, "Seek Wisdom and Understanding. They are greater than gold." So if HE leads you to do a study using the Bible Code, then you must also trust somehow, no matter the flaws inherent in the program or added words in the text, HE will reveal to you what HE has lead you to do. GOD is not constrained by our weaknesses, or our shortcomings. Rather, HE works through them and in spite of them. Which makes the results that much more amazing. God bless you and seek HIM always. Jesus said, "this is eternal life. Getting to know me and the Father." Anything that serves that purpose is good and as HE says, "I will bless the works of your hands." My mantra so to speak, is to Pray always, seek HIS face, and trust the results. If they don't work out, I am at peace because my heart was in the right place, and HE sees that.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, keylime said:

A great analysis and wonderful points Theseus. My only caveat is God says, "if you seek me, I will be found by you." And He also says, "Seek Wisdom and Understanding. They are greater than gold." So if HE leads you to do a study using the Bible Code, then you must also trust somehow, no matter the flaws inherent in the program or added words in the text, HE will reveal to you what HE has lead you to do. GOD is not constrained by our weaknesses, or our shortcomings. Rather, HE works through them and in spite of them. Which makes the results that much more amazing. God bless you and seek HIM always. Jesus said, "this is eternal life. Getting to know me and the Father." Anything that serves that purpose is good and as HE says, "I will bless the works of your hands." My mantra so to speak, is to Pray always, seek HIS face, and trust the results. If they don't work out, I am at peace because my heart was in the right place, and HE sees that.

I don't see what I have said as flaws per se. What man touches he either destroys or enhances. In this case the enhancement meant took the route that it would need to be delved into the study full-time and the research would take far more knowledge than I possess. I saw my time better served while keeping an ear to the ground and an eye to the sky. Researching the Bible Code and its results was more time than I had. In the end, I realized man was not t know the future and while I am not one to believe what has preordained for us has been set into stone, for I like to follow the rabbit hole, I do believe we have some choice in the choices we take and paths we set ourselves upon. I enjoy researching probably more than most here but even this research was at a level and depth too deep for even my tastes. Anyone who can tell me they have a result from a the Bible Code and did less than 5 years research on that one result has a false prophecy. Could they be right? Even a broken analog clock is right twice a day and a digital one once a day. Besides this also delves deeper into a realm, not just of Christianity and Judaism, but into a realm that most dismiss even today. One of my earlier posts I said let me check the Quatrains. No one picked up on it. When you delve into the Bible Code you also have to check what also has been prophesied before. You have to cover all of your bases. Prophecy does not exist in a vacuum nor does it exist in isolation. One prophet alone does not corroborate a coming event. Take the Old Testament. How many Prophecies are related to the coming of the Messiah, whether you believe the Messiah has come or not is not the point, the point is who is prophesying the coming and how many of these have been said. If I were to look at the Bible Code in isolation, I would find that the percentage of correct results falls under one-tenth of one-percent of a percent. That is a very small confidence level and it would dismissed even in the scientific community. However, if taken with other prophecies spoken and published by other prophets, whether you believe them to be a prophet or not, the correct result increases, exponentially, the confidence level of the prophecy being correct by 1) the number of times it has been prophesied and 2) the number of sources the prophecy comes from. In the end, I still believe in the Bible Code as it peaks my interest and its a rabbit hole I would follow, the Bible Code is to be used in conjunction with other prophecies to corroborate the individual prophecy but not to be used as the single source of the prophecy. Adam not realizing it touched on what I speak about but he does not realize he did so. He saw the pattern and commented on it. When there are more than one source and all of those sources begin to converge into a single truth, then the prophecy has the highest confidence level of coming true. This, in a roundabout way, which is what I have discussed here today. Don't stop researching the Bible Code because it has validity when combined with other sources of prophecy. Always keep an open mind, an ear to the ground and an eye to the sky. Learning never stops, listening never goes deaf and there will always be prophecy as man will always seek to make sense of the ambiguity of the unknown. In business this is called forecasting. In statistics this is called predictive statistics. In the spiritual realm this is call prophecy. I have traded prophecy for forecasting and predictive statistics.       

• Upvote 1

I want to add one last thing here. It is is my understanding and belief there is an energy that connects all things, the name for this goes by many things. Man will label it what he wills, however, throughout the world this touches everyone and everything. In my fictional sci-fi writings, I write about how the wind is a living thing as it alters those it touches. While in my writings this is fictional but I will say this is very real for those who can sense its energy. At certain times this energy grows more prominent andeven those who are not sensitive to it can feel it. This is the convergence of many people coming together to form a single truth. Sometimes this energy is picked up and changed by man, sometimes this energy changes the course of man. One would say, if they were religious, god works through us and guides us, another religion would say it is the will of god, another might say that it is karma acting upon us. Whatever it is it is an energy that touches us all whether we be athiest, agnostic,  hold true to our deepest religious convictions. What do we call this energy? Some have labeled it as God, some the Holy Spirit. Others have said it is from Gaia herself. Some would call it magic. These are all labels for the same energy that courses through us and affects us in different ways. In my earlier posts when I debate Muslims I say I am not Christian, partly that is true and partly that is not. Christian is just a label of how this energy affects those with the same beliefs to explain the energy. The wind, to which I write, is the vehicle to which this energy travels. We are all affected by this and it affects us uniquely and at the same time not so unique. What we quibble over is not that there is this energy but how this energy affects us. Jew, Christian, Buddha, Hindu or Muslim, all agree on the energy existing, what they take the energy to be is the quibbling that man takes from it. Labels are labels God is as much a label as is an Owl is a label for a bird. Enlightenment whether it be in Christianity or Bhuddism, or what ever is the religion du jour, is the sensitivity level to this energy. I say this because that is what prophecy is, the sensitivity to this energy an individual has picked up on and can read the thread of that energy. When one searches in the Bible Code, what dictates them to search for that specific topic? What draws them to that specific topic? Heaven and Hell exist as well as purgatory. Ghosts, demons and Angels exist. These existed long before there was Christianity, long before there was Judaism and long before there was man. We try to make sense of them as much as we try to make sense of the energy I speak about. Always remember keep an open mind, an ear to the ground and an eye to the sky. Learning never stops, listening never goes deaf and there will always be  man  seeking to make sense of the ambiguity of the unknown.

I am interested in what more there is to have said about IQD and the Bible Code. 

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 1

I have come to a couple of conclusions based on my own engagement with Jesus Christ:

God is not limited by man's intellect nor is God subject to the devices or constraints of man's reason and God is absolutely not bound to the prompting or practices of man.

All that man can do is observe some phenomena and then describe that phenomena whether he uses his words or mathematical equations. Man can then implement that phenomena using his description whether he uses his words or mathematical equations. Man is limited by three means. First, he is limited by what he sees with regard to the phenomena. Second, he is limited by the accuracy of his description whether he uses his words or mathematical equations. Thirdly, he limited by his biases as he views and describes the phenomena. Man can do nothing to change the phenomena or create new phenomena.

The reason for my making these statements is man can not make up reality and is dependent upon a single Truth for understanding. The Truth, namely, is solely Jesus Christ. Today, with the Ascension of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit is the deposite of eternal life for those that have received the gift of eternal life found only in Jesus Christ. Proverbs 3:5-6, John 14:6, and John 14:26 are verses we all know regarding these statements.

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

I want to add one last thing here. It is is my understanding and belief there is an energy that connects all things, the name for this goes by many things. Man will label it what he wills, however, throughout the world this touches everyone and everything. In my fictional sci-fi writings, I write about how the wind is a living thing as it alters those it touches. While in my writings this is fictional but I will say this is very real for those who can sense its energy. At certain times this energy grows more prominent andeven those who are not sensitive to it can feel it. This is the convergence of many people coming together to form a single truth. Sometimes this energy is picked up and changed by man, sometimes this energy changes the course of man. One would say, if they were religious, god works through us and guides us, another religion would say it is the will of god, another might say that it is karma acting upon us. Whatever it is it is an energy that touches us all whether we be athiest, agnostic,  hold true to our deepest religious convictions. What do we call this energy? Some have labeled it as God, some the Holy Spirit. Others have said it is from Gaia herself. Some would call it magic. These are all labels for the same energy that courses through us and affects us in different ways. In my earlier posts when I debate Muslims I say I am not Christian, partly that is true and partly that is not. Christian is just a label of how this energy affects those with the same beliefs to explain the energy. The wind, to which I write, is the vehicle to which this energy travels. We are all affected by this and it affects us uniquely and at the same time not so unique. What we quibble over is not that there is this energy but how this energy affects us. Jew, Christian, Buddha, Hindu or Muslim, all agree on the energy existing, what they take the energy to be is the quibbling that man takes from it. Labels are labels God is as much a label as is an Owl is a label for a bird. Enlightenment whether it be in Christianity or Bhuddism, or what ever is the religion du jour, is the sensitivity level to this energy. I say this because that is what prophecy is, the sensitivity to this energy an individual has picked up on and can read the thread of that energy. When one searches in the Bible Code, what dictates them to search for that specific topic? What draws them to that specific topic? Heaven and Hell exist as well as purgatory. Ghosts, demons and Angels exist. These existed long before there was Christianity, long before there was Judaism and long before there was man. We try to make sense of them as much as we try to make sense of the energy I speak about. Always remember keep an open mind, an ear to the ground and an eye to the sky. Learning never stops, listening never goes deaf and there will always be  man  seeking to make sense of the ambiguity of the unknown.

I am interested in what more there is to have said about IQD and the Bible Code. 

I appreciate what you have shared and tried to explain. It is true you do not take one revelation and form a belief system on it. That is why God revealed His plan for mankind through many prophets(two or three witnesses the Bible says to corroborate, but in this case dozens and dozens of witnesses throughout several thousand years of history) So the Bible Code is a building block so to speak not the whole structure.

As for the "energy" you speak of, For me Jesus is the physical person of God, as HE spoke of Himself, "I am the Way, the Truth and the LIfe, and NO MAN comes to the FATHER but through ME." I have met this Jesus(accepting Him into my heart at 6 years old and when I died on the operating table in 2015) and His Holy Spirit dwells inside of me guiding me on a daily basis as I seek HIM even for the most menial things. GOD has revealed Himself to me throughout my life in ways that would make it utterly impossible to just be energy. HE is a real being who is Love. And it is HIS love and my getting to know Him personally through His Word, and through conversations, and through His answers to my prayers and daily interactions with Him, His incredible sense of humor, and His unfailing desire to be known and make Himself known that goes beyond the need for faith in Him because when you truly know that you know that you know, it is a knowledge that is visceral as well as spiritual.

You can watch somebody eat an apple and know what an apple is and even have tasted one, but you do not know what that person's apple tastes like until you bite it yourself. 

Taste and see that the LORD is good.  I have tasted my LORD and HE is GOOD indeed. No other belief system or religion in the world can be compared to knowing the creator of all things personally, and having a Father/son or daughter relationship with HIM. So one cannot include Christianity into the same basket as any other religion. And when I say Christianity I mean having a personal, love affair with Christ Himself. The ONE who made all things and by HIM all things exists. That is the dichotomy on which believing in Christ Jesus as your LORD and SAVIOR exists when entering a discussion with someone who believes something else or nothing at all. They are not the same and can never be the same. There is no common ground. There can never be a soft, warm, pat on the back for another's beliefs because to do that would be to consign them to eternal damnation. I cannot be a part of agreeing to another's religion. I can agree they have that right to believe it, but I can not agree it is truth. I do not dismiss someone for not receiving Christ because I believe loving them is the way in which God can reveal Himself to them. But if they cannot accept my friendship and love because I am a Child of God thru Jesus Christ then the words of Jesus guide me, "Let the dead bury the dead, you follow me." It is said Christianity is very exclusive and narrow minded but in fact it is all inclusive in that it welcomes every tribe, tongue, nation to believe Jesus is God and is the Son of God and is the Savior of the world. Truth is not narrow minded it is single minded. 

Again I thank you for sharing and am also interested in the IQD and Bible Code. It would be awesome to somehow, even by accident, stumble upon a revelation that tells us what is to come.  I think the two I posted are a good beginning.  God bless

• Upvote 2