Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HOW DID THE RUSSIANS INFLUENCE THE ELECTION?

I have asked from the beginning what “Russians hacked the election” actually meant.  Much like global warming morphed into climate change, hacked the election became Russians “influenced the election”.  Which begged the question, how exactly did they “influence” the election?  Finally, Sen Mark Warner (D VA) who owes his polytickal (and otherwise) life to the Clintons, has stated how the Russians “influenced” the election.  According to Warner, they “influenced” the election with targeted fake news.  No really, that’s what he said, I guess The Gals aren’t the only ones deep sea fishing.

According to the Democrat Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (great oxymoron), Russia targeted swing states with bot generated fake news to sway the vote.  I guess he’s just upset the untargeted MSM's massive broadcasting of fake news was ineffective.  Pretty pathetic, but I guess those buying this distraction prove that fake news does work on the gullible.  RV ME

Claims of Russian swing-state meddling a 'red herring,' say election experts

By Christopher Wallace  Published April 03, 2017

Key Democrats blame Russian tampering in key swing states for costing Hillarious Clinton the 2016 presidential election, but a Fox News investigation found no evidence to back up such claims.

Numerous state officials and election observers said there is nothing to back up claims from members of the Senate Intelligence Committee of a targeted misinformation campaign affecting the results. The charge came last week, when the committee brass painted a picture of Moscow manipulating voters with a vast army of operatives tailoring "fake news" to affect critical states.

“There were upwards of 1,000 paid Internet trolls in Russia in effect taking over a series of computers,” Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., said. “They can then generate news down to specific areas in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.”

The charge got backing from Clint Watts, a former FBI agent called to testify before the committee last week.

“Today, you can create the content, gain the audience, build the bots, pick out the election and even the voters that are valued the most in swing states and actually insert the right content in a deliberate period," Watts said. "They pre-planned it. They were based a year and a half out.”

Fox News asked state election officials in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania whether there were any complaints filed after the 2016 presidential election reflecting skewed Internet search or social media results. All three said there were no such irregularities reported.

“No one here received any complaints or reports of apparently deliberate misinformation campaigns,” said Pennsylvania Department of State spokeswoman Wanda Murren. “Not during the campaign or any time since. We’ve only heard of these allegations recently, in the media.”

Election experts in the political science departments of universities in the three states in question could not back up the claim, either.

“I have no information about any of this,” said Michael Berkman, professor of political science at Penn State University. “The first I heard of it was from Senator Warner and I wouldn’t know how to even begin looking into it.” 

Warner’s office pointed Fox News to a study by the Oxford Internet Institute, part of Oxford University, England. The study found that a third of what it called “junk news” shared via Twitter in Michigan in the seven days leading up to the election and three days after came from conservative news sites such as Breitbart, InfoWars, Daily Caller, Liberty Alliance and Truth Feed.

But the study could identify only 2 percent of the politically related Twitter messages as coming from Russian sites like RT and Sputnik.

“From this data alone there is no clear hand of influence from Russia,” study author Philip Howard of the Oxford Internet Institute told Fox News. “The single most important source of political information was links to unverified WikiLeaks stories. We believe there was automation pushing those links around but that is our next research project.”

Watts said President Trump parroted the Russian propaganda, amplifying its reach.

“Part of the reason active measures worked in the U.S. election is because the commander in chief used Russian active measures at times against his opponents,” said Watts in the hearing. Watts did not reply to a request for comment.

But experts were dubious of the claims.

“It’s a red herring and Senator Warner knows better,” said Morgan Wright, former law enforcement officer and cybersecurity adviser. “Is it possible the Russians were able to target specific counties in key swing states days ahead of the election? That’s not very probable. We’re giving the Russians way too much credit that they’ve got all this capability.”

“Right now the evidence is that the Russians did not do it,” said Patrick Anderson of the consulting firm Anderson Economic Group, which completed a forensic analysis of the 2016 election results involving a battery of statistical and data analysis techniques applied to county-by-county election data for the 2012 and 2016 elections. “We’ve done systematic analysis in multiple states. What appears to have happened is vigorous democracy, where some people were surprised by the outcome.”

Brett Healy, of the Wisconsin-based free-market think tank MacIver Institute, was emphatic that the claim of surgically targeted meddling was without foundation.

“The accusation is so juvenile and ludicrous it cannot be taken seriously,” Healy said. “If this rumor was even remotely credible, someone here in Wisconsin would have alerted the media and filed a complaint with the Elections Commission. Rural Wisconsin voters, who have a history of voting Democrat in presidential elections, decided that they had enough of the far left policies of President Obama and they took it out on Clinton.

"For the Democratic Party to attempt to blame their widespread defeat on an imaginary bogeyman is comical and a little sad,” Healey added. 

Still other election observers say it’s still possible specific areas of key swing states were targeted by the Russians, even if the information isn’t publicly known.

“Senator Warner has access to confidential and classified information through his post on the Intelligence Committee,” said Barry Burden of the University of Wisconsin Elections Research Center. “Hopefully a thorough investigation will make some of this information public.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/03/claims-russian-swing-state-meddling-red-herring-say-election-experts.html

• Upvote 8

Thanks RV ME!

Let's further clarify the premise, while we're at it...  So, even if "influencing the election" from the Democrats perspective is remotely true, the "influence" would HAVE TO BE generated by ENTIRELY FAKE news.  Has Senator Warner identified all this fake news?  Has he even tried?  And, if he has... where is it, and who has objected?  Hence the red herring!  If any has been identified, we all know it has come from the left... or more specifically, the MSM.  Would Warner dare to put a spotlight on that, when it's just easier to generalize?  Hence the juvenile attribute.

So, not only has the definition changed from "hacking" to "influencing"... the entire premise doesn't make sense, unless a truly objective public (voters) can 100% identify fake news.  And since we know the public is divided on defining such... who "influenced" who?  The entire premise is... immeasurable, at best.  Hence... Russians, or Martians for that matter... are irrelevant.

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Thanks RV ME!

Let's further clarify the premise, while we're at it...  So, even if "influencing the election" from the Democrats perspective is remotely true, the "influence" would HAVE TO BE generated by ENTIRELY FAKE news.  Has Senator Warner identified all this fake news?  Has he even tried?  And, if he has... where is it, and who has objected?  Hence the red herring!  If any has been identified, we all know it has come from the left... or more specifically, the MSM.  Would Warner dare to put a spotlight on that, when it's just easier to generalize?  Hence the juvenile attribute.

So, not only has the definition changed from "hacking" to "influencing"... the entire premise doesn't make sense, unless a truly objective public (voters) can 100% identify fake news.  And since we know the public is divided on defining such... who "influenced" who?  The entire premise is... immeasurable, at best.  Hence... Russians, or Martians for that matter... are irrelevant.

You gentlemen are wonderfully sharp!!! You both save me the trouble of typing my thoughts, no need to, you both do an outstanding job.  ;):tiphat:

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, pattyangel said:

You gentlemen are wonderfully sharp!!! You both save me the trouble of typing my thoughts, no need to, you both do an outstanding job.  ;):tiphat:

Thank you, Patty! :hug:

And, I would like to further state...

Originating Posters, please take notice the way RV ME "introduces" his content!  Respectful, Assertive Viewpoint... with Accountability!

Always well done!  :tiphat:

• Upvote 8

46 minutes ago, RV ME said:

I have asked from the beginning what “Russians hacked the election” actually meant

16 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Thanks RV ME!

Let's further clarify the premise, while we're at it...  So, even if "influencing the election" from the Democrats perspective is remotely true, the "influence" would HAVE TO BE generated by ENTIRELY FAKE news.  

Actually, what they are saying is that the Russians hacked John Podesta's emails. It was what was revealed in those emails that destroyed the dem party, that caused Wasserman-Schultz to resign, that busted her replacement Brazille for giving clinton the questions, and proved the democratic party conspired to stop Bernie Sanders.

So, they are ignoring WHAT the emails said, and instead focusing their anger on the fact those emails were not intended to be leaked to the public.

The Russians did not influence the elections by the implied tampering with voting machines.

This fact is not disputed.

However, with so many people allowing CNN or NBC "opinion" makers make their decisions, the context of the alleged "hacking" has been forgotten or ignored, and this entire inquiry is to determine exactly WHOM released the emails,,the democratic party and clinton campaign actually DID lie, cheat, and deceive, but to the liberals that doesn't matter.

A IT guy working for the dem party was murdered walking home last year.

Seth Thomas I believe.

They called it a "botched" robbery, as nothing was taken, not his wallet, iphone, or laptop, he was just shot in the head.

Wikileaks offered a reward for the capture of Thomas, and later admitted it was Thomas, who was totally disgusted with what he knew about how the democrats were operating, that sent Wikileaks thousands of emails.

This entire russia thing is nothing more than in intentional distraction by the democrats, and everyone in DC knows that.

When you see a dem congressman or senator declaring the election was rigged, it was, the dems tried to rig it for clinton, but even after giving her time to study questions a week before debates, rigging polls, lying to the public about Trump., and clinton's "popularity" they still lost.

They spent a ton of money, and at least a year setting it up, then to see it all fall apart, and they lost all those sweet backdoor deals they all counted on, is just too much to handle.

Bottom line, this is political theater, the dems are desperately hoping to find the remaining brain dead morons left to mindlessly pick up their battle cry.

They are using this false claim to try to justify forcing Trumps cabinet to testify.

Not because of any guilt, rather, they are hoping to discover some minor thing they can use to destroy him.

Their game has worn thin, and even some democrats are tired of the charade.

But the establishment still a lot of power, and the dems fully understand they don't have a chance in mid terms with the full support, and wallet. of the national party.

I won't be commenting on any of the other threads concerning this issue.

I have refrained because it is so frustratingly unfair, base, hollow, feckless, and desperate, I am livid that the republicans have put up with this, and the only reason is because of the stinking RINOS, like McCain, Graham, etc, who are in reality liberal democrats who are traitors to their own party, and America.

Sorry for the rant, I need to log off and walk away now. 

• Upvote 8

22 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Originating Posters, please take notice the way RV ME "introduces" his content!  Respectful, Assertive Viewpoint... with Accountability!

I have noticed this with RV ME, and a beautiful trait worth noticing.  This is why I call you both gentlemen in my book. :blush: 

• Upvote 4

Your rant is spot on, DM.  And, of course, you are correct... from the truthful perspective of the INFORMED, like yourself, as well as the manipulators in DC.  Until the public sees what you see, we have to refute the false premises and narratives that the public feeds on.  That's the real challenge.  Warner is feeding this "automation" crap to the public, far from the spotlight of the true email conundrum.

Don't wander off too far, my friend... we need you!  :tiphat:

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, divemaster5734 said:

Actually, what they are saying is that the Russians hacked John Podesta's emails. It was what was revealed in those emails that destroyed the dem party, that caused Wasserman-Schultz to resign, that busted her replacement Brazille for giving clinton the questions, and proved the democratic party conspired to stop Bernie Sanders.

So, they are ignoring WHAT the emails said, and instead focusing their anger on the fact those emails were not intended to be leaked to the public.

The Russians did not influence the elections by the implied tampering with voting machines.

However, with so many people allowing CNN or NBC "opinion" makers make their decisions, the context of the alleged "hacking" has been forgotten or ignored, and this entire inquiry is to determine exactly WHOM released the emails,,the democratic party and clinton campaign actually DID lie, cheat, and deceive, but to the liberals that doesn't matter.

Seth Thomas I believe.

They called it a "botched" robbery, as nothing was taken, not his wallet, iphone, or laptop, he was just shot in the head.

Wikileaks offered a reward for the capture of Thomas, and later admitted it was Thomas, who was totally disgusted with what he knew about how the democrats were operating, that sent Wikileaks thousands of emails.

This entire russia thing is nothing more than in intentional distraction by the democrats, and everyone in DC knows that.

When you see a dem congressman or senator declaring the election was rigged, it was, the dems tried to rig it for clinton, but even after giving her time to study questions a week before debates, rigging polls, lying to the public about Trump., and clinton's "popularity" they still lost.

They spent a ton of money, and at least a year setting it up, then to see it all fall apart, and they lost all those sweet backdoor deals they all counted on, is just too much to handle.

Bottom line, this is political theater, the dems are desperately hoping to find the remaining brain dead morons left to mindlessly pick up their battle cry.

They are using this false claim to try to justify forcing Trumps cabinet to testify.

Not because of any guilt, rather, they are hoping to discover some minor thing they can use to destroy him.

But the establishment still a lot of power, and the dems fully understand they don't have a chance in mid terms with the full support, and wallet. of the national party.

I have refrained because it is so frustratingly unfair, base, hollow, feckless, and desperate, I am livid that the republicans have put up with this, and the only reason is because of the stinking RINOS, like McCain, Graham, etc, who are in reality liberal democrats who are traitors to their own party, and America.

Even more, the same Comey that said the Russians would do anything to keep Hildabeast from winning, is the same Comey that said for some reason the Russians did not hack Hildabeast’s unsecured server after hacking Podesta.  I guess we should believe even Putin had to draw the line somewhere.  RIGHT!

And if all it takes is fake news planted by Russians, is McLame under investigation along with all the “news” organizations that reported on the fake news Trump dossier?

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, divemaster5734 said:

Seth Thomas I believe.

I feel your frustration!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

4 minutes ago, pattyangel said:

I have noticed this with RV ME, and a beautiful trait worth noticing.  This is why I call you both gentlemen in my book. :blush: 

You two are too kind. :wub:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Tucker Carlson Shuts Down Liberal on Russia: ‘ Either Give Me Some Evidence or Stop Talking’ 

Cristina Laila Apr 3rd, 2017 

Fox News’ Tucker Carlson destroyed another deranged, Russia-obsessed liberal on his show tonight. 

David Tafuri is just another liberal who was blathering on about the ‘Russian interference’ with our election when Tucker Carlson shut him down, ‘As a journalist in America either give me some evidence or stop talking’. Boom!

IMG_2873-575x329.jpg

I think we can all relate to Tucker Carlson’s frustration with this Russian-crazed liberal. The Obama administration spied on Trump and his associates for over a year and we have yet to see any evidence that there is a Russian connection or Russian interference whatsoever. If they had any evidence, they would have released it by now.

And no, 1,000 Twitter trolls in Russia do not count as ‘election interference’.

Bam! @TuckerCarlson just DESTROYED this Democrat
Tucker: ‘As a journalist in America either give me some evidence or stop taking’ #micdroppic.twitter.com/e1jzV2joIj

— Kambree Kawahine Koa (@KamVTV) April 4, 2017

Russia hacked the election? Tucker: what does that even mean and WHERE is the evidence? pic.twitter.com/UiB51japhK

— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) April 4, 2017

Edited by Whatshername
  • Upvote 7

This is brilliant!  :lol:

Kurt Schlichter’s Latest Piece is a Work of Art

April 4, 2017 BFH 

The Russiagate Scam Will Blow Up In The Democrats’ Smug Faces

If you’re stressed out about this whole Russian nonsense, relax – Donald Trump didn’t do anything wrong, and he’s not going be impeached, arrested, or ritually disemboweled. When the truth comes out and it explodes in the Democrats’ soft, girlish hands, we’ll all be laughing and toasting their humiliation with Stoli shots.

How do I know this with utter certainty? Because it’s all so glaringly obvious, and it’s the only scenario that fits the facts. As Hugh Hewitt says, this scandal has three silos. The first silo is the question of whether the Russians somehow “hacked our election.” The second silo is whether any Trump people “colluded” with the Russians. The third silo, the one patriots care most about since it’s the one that isn’t a ridiculous fantasy, is whether anyone in Obama’s administration used our intelligence apparatus to spy on his and Hillarious’s political opponents. The answers are “No,” “No,” and “Yes.” The end results are going to be a stronger Trump, weaker Democrats, and various Obama minions exploring new career opportunities in the exciting fields of license plate-making, large-to-small rock transformation, and artisanal pruno distilling.

Russians didn’t hack the election. Liberals use the word “hacked” because they can claim they only mean “influenced” while implying to stupid people inclined to believe their conspiracy theories that the Russians broke into computers and changed votes from Hillarious to Donald. Of course, they forgot to also change the Senate votes to the Dems, but whatev.

Even James Comey agrees that never happened, so now the Democrats are claiming that Russian social media bots used fake news to trick the previously Hillarious-inclined electorate into voting against her. Basically, they’re saying Hillarious’s supporters were easily duped idiots. Now, dummies have always been a key Democrat demographic. She clearly has a unique appeal to the stupid, the gullible, and the readily confused, making the voters she was counting on especially vulnerable to those cunning Russian clickbaiters operating from secret Macedonian villages.

“Well, I was exploring the shocking real reason CHiPSwent off the air, which was going to stun me, when I saw a story on OMGLinks that Hillarious Clinton had an alien baby. Why, then I knew I had to vote for Donald Trump because I hate aliens. We got to build us a wall around space and make them Space Mexicans pay for it!”

“I was using my portable computer machine to internet, and I was about to have my jaw dropped by what Joyce Dewitt of Three’s Company looks like today, when I saw the link to proof that Hillarious and Bill Clinton are gun-grabbing devil worshipers. So I had to vote for Trump, because I cling to my guns and my religion and my other guns.”

Their alternate version of You Stole My Morons! is that the release of the damning facts contained in John Podesta and Felonia von Pantsuit’s emails made people think she was terrible. People thought that because those emails showed, beyond any doubt, that she is terrible, and that her Democrat Party is less a political organization than a disorganized crime ring. Remember that when the media gets angry about the emails, the reason is that you got accurate information about the media’s partisan pals that the media wanted hidden from you. Democracy dies in darkness all right; the media is trying to strangle it in an unlit alley.

read more – it gets even better

• Upvote 10

IT’S THIS BAD=> Democrats Lose Chomsky As Russian Conspiracy Meltdown Continues

Jim Hoft Apr 6th, 2017 

It’s this bad…
Unhinged Democrats Lose Chomsky

chomsky.jpg

Ever since Hillarious Clinton suffered a stunning loss in the November election the Democrat Party has been on a witch hunt to create a Russian election conspiracy sans evidence.

As Paul Wood reported at the BBC:

“So far, no single piece of evidence has been made public proving that the Trump campaign joined with Russia to steal the US presidency – nothing….Stop to let that thought reverberate for a moment.”

The far left Counter Punch website added: “The whole case against Trump is based on a pile of unverified BS from some ex-MI-6 flunkey trying to make a killing off sexed up rumors of imaginary collusion.” 

Democrats have even lost far left icon Noam Chomsky.

chomsky-us-history-575x298.jpg

Democracy Now reported:

NOAM CHOMSKY: It’s a pretty remarkable fact that—first of all, it is a joke. Half the world is cracking up in laughter. The United States doesn’t just interfere in elections. It overthrows governments it doesn’t like, institutes military dictatorships. Simply in the case of Russia alone—it’s the least of it—the U.S. government, under Clinton, intervened quite blatantly and openly, then tried to conceal it, to get their man Yeltsin in, in all sorts of ways. So, this, as I say, it’s considered—it’s turning the United States, again, into a laughingstock in the world.

Wikileaks reported in March the United States has worked to influence at least 81 elections around the world that we know of.

US agencies have interfered with 81 elections not including coups. #CIA

Overview: https://t.co/E5E9IvdbgU

Study: https://t.co/wwPV5G9Jg8

— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) March 20, 2017

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2017 at 8:36 PM, divemaster5734 said:

Seth Thomas I believe.

I got the guy's name wrong, it was Seth Rich.

A guy who loved America, dedicated his life to something bigger than himself, and was murdered for "no apparent reason".

Except, just a couple weeks before, he was in communication with wikileaks, and then thousands of emails were published that proved the democratic party is as corrupt as everyone suspected.

The story continues, in spite of the refusal of the MSM to pick it up. But then, they would have to drop their Russian witch hunt. and admit they murdered the last guy in the DNC with morals...DM

PRIVATE EYE: DNC POKING NOSE INTO SETH RICH MURDER

Detective: Top Democrat called police, family inquiring about probe into unsolved mystery

seth-rich-TW3-768x768.jpg

Murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich

WASHINGTON – A top Democratic National Committee official has contacted Washington, D.C., police and the family of murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich demanding to know why a homicide detective is examining the unsolved case, a private investigator told WND Tuesday.

Rod-Wheeler-300.jpeg

Detective Rod Wheeler

Detective Rod Wheeler, who started his investigation into Seth’s death in March, told WND he was stunned Monday when he learned from Rich’s family that the DNC contacted them about the case.

“How did that DNC person know I had called the police? That is what is baffling me,” Wheeler said. “I just found out from [Rich’s] family that the DNC knew I contacted the police – they hadn’t told me that all this time.”

After Wheeler went to the police for insight into Rich’s murder, the detective assigned to the investigation never replied to Wheeler’s inquiry.

“The family said, ‘Rod, there is something that you need to know,” Wheeler explained. “The police detective never called you back because the information was given to the DNC that you called the police trying to figure out what was going on.”

Wheeler, who began working as a homicide detective in 1989, said he is perturbed by the odd reaction the police have when he approaches them with questions about Rich.

Cops in Washington, D.C., he said, suspiciously respond to his inquiries about Rich’s murder with an ominous “blank stare.”

“It’s a blank stare – it’s scary,” he said. “I’m getting nothing from police, just nothing.”

A federal investigator, who remains anonymous, claims to have proof that Rich sent thousands of DNC emails to WikiLeaks. After learning about the investigator’s evidence, Wheeler notified Washington’s police chief in an attempt to inform law enforcement of the revelations before they became publicized by media.

What do YOU think? Who killed DNC staffer Seth Rich? Sound off in today’s WND poll!

But the response of the police chief – whom Wheeler knows well and characterized as a “very good guy” – unnerved the veteran homicide detective.

“I wanted to share what I heard with the chief and the senior officials at the police department because I knew Fox News was going to run this story, and I thought it was only fair that I tell the police what we got before this hits the media,” he said. “I shared it with the police last week. And you know what they said? Nothing. They didn’t say, ‘Rod, don’t go with it. Rod, let’s talk about it’ – blank stares.”

“I can’t figure it out,” he continued. “Typically, and what I was hoping, they’d say is, ‘Let us check into this before you go with the story’ and thank me for bringing them that information.”

Seth-rich-shooting-site.jpg

Location listed on police report at intersection where DNC staffer Seth Rich was found ‘conscious and breathing with apparent gunshot wound(s) to the back’ on July 10, 2016 (Photo: Google Maps)

seth-rich-intersection.jpg

Intersection where DNC staffer Seth Rich was found ‘conscious and breathing with apparent gunshot wound(s) to the back,’ according to a July 10, 2016, police report (Photo: Google Maps)

On Tuesday afternoon, Rich’s family repudiated the notion that the leaked DNC emails have anything to do with the reason the DNC staffer was killed. Brad Bauman, a professional Democratic Party crisis public-relations consultant and the family’s spokesman, released a statement denying the report that Rich had been in contact with WikiLeaks. The statement condemned what the family sees as an attempt to politicize Rich’s death.

“We are a family who is committed to facts, not fake evidence that surfaces every few months to fill the void and distract law enforcement and the general public from finding Seth’s murderers,” the statement said. “The services of the private investigator who spoke to press was [sic] offered to the Rich family and paid for by a third party, and [Wheeler] contractually was barred from speaking to press or anyone outside of law enforcement or the family unless explicitly authorized by the family.”

In an interview with Business Insider, Bauman blasted the media for suggesting a DNC connection to Rich’s conspicuously timed death.

“It’s sad but unsurprising that a group of media outlets who have repeatedly lied to the American people would try and manipulate the legacy of a murder victim in order to forward their own political agenda,” Bauman said. “I think there is a special place in hell for people like that.”

Front image on the Seth Rich memorial Facebook page

Detective Wheeler said Rich’s parents seem genuinely concerned about finding out who murdered their son. However, he believes their disregard for the possibility that Rich’s death may be related to leaked emails and his line of work at the DNC is alarmingly conspicuous.

“Seth’s brother said to me, ‘Rod, we do not want you to look at this aspect of the emails.’ And I asked him, ‘Do you want the case solved? You cannot tell a detective, ‘Don’t look at certain things.’ [If] you want to solve the case, that detective is going to look at everything.”

Wheeler continued: “I don’t know the reason why they pushed back so much on the whole idea of the emails. I think they may think that if that information gets out, it may taint Seth’s legacy. I am just speculating. Why would they even care? As long as the bad guy is caught, does it matter how it happens?

“I don’t know what the reason is; it’s peculiar. If it were my loved one, I wouldn’t care about the legacy. Let’s catch the bad guy. We’ll worry about the legacy later.”

• Upvote 3