Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FBI Reveals Secret "collections" in Congress last week

While the public has been force fed manufactured hysteria by the MSM concerning whom exactly told America the truth about the corruption at the democratic party, other far more important hearings have been taking place, hearings that have revealed the troubling news the the FBI has "expanded" its original mandate, and does not confine itself to invading the privacy of convicted criminals anymore.

Facial Recognition.

It's been a reality for years, sold to the trusting public as a tool dedicated to databasing "criminals", in order to assist law enforcement.

Sounded good, right? Those of us that were against it were labeled "tin foil hat wackos".

What could possibly go wrong?
Hey, if you're not breaking the law, you got nothing to worry about. Right?
Until, that its, being a Christian, a conservative, or anything the "deep state" doesn't like, and then you suddenly ARE a "criminal"

The DNA database was collected exclusively from anyone who was arrested, and "where there's smoke, there's fire" ya know, so don't go getting arrested and they won't have any reason to gather your DNA, your fingerprints, or log your mug shot.

Until now, where it is estimated as much as 80% of all Americans faces are in the recognition database.

Three years ago I was at a racing event in Portland, and stayed in a hotel.

After a day of hard turns, I came "home", took a shower, and went to find dinner.

Coming back I was approached by an individual who greeted  me  by a different name. We spoke for a few minutes, at first he wouldn't accept I was not whoever he called me, and I was taken off guard at his persistence.

When he finally turned away he made visual contact with someone that was holding a tablet device, that person gave me a very unfriendly and hard stare as I walked past him.

It was months later I learned the police were using cameras hooked up to the facial recognition database to find transient gangsters at temporary lodging.

That was three years ago, it was new technology, and if the fools had identified themselves as cops, I would have shown them my tracking GPS that not only follows me everywhere, but I use for lap timing with a race chronograph designed for every track I am on,  as well as every picture I take is instantly uploaded with location and time stamp, which I use for estimating and customer billing.

But that was before the collectivists decided they won America, and the deep state was in control.

Forget republican or democrat, the establishment uses those, and many more divisive names, to distract from the truth.

We have gone from criminals only, to the FBI taking entire driver's license photo databases from the state's,  and adding them to the facial recognition one.

What happens when we get the next obama, or if the deep state removes Trump and Pence?

Will everyone that voted for Trump suddenly be "investigated", with fake charges to follow?

In 2009 I was operating five web sites, and the IRS said "hello". It was the way they did it, by sending some bs claim to an address I had not been at in a decade, then when they obviously didn't get an answer because I didn't live there, they suspended all my bank accounts on the same day they removed every penny from every account. Thankfully they couldn't touch the corporate ones, or I would have been destroyed overnight.

It took six months to clear up their "mistake", but they still demanded almost 3k before going away. Even then, the IRS liens on all my accounts sent my credit rating into the gutter, it took at least a year after to get back up, and seven years to go away.

I closed down the web sites, and haven't had anymore problems, except I'm still amazed at how many princesses there are out there just begging for a chance to give away money..lol

Remember those lists from "homeland security" declaring every veteran, Christian, and conservative to be an enemy of the state?

It's gonna make rounding up anyone that doesn't agree with whatever current administration really really easy.

And that is the reason for my concern.

I was called a "conspiracy theorist" until what I claimed turned out to be true, and a traitor for hating Bush,  I was called a "tea bagger" for declaring both sides were total bs, and I was called a racist because I didn't worship obama and tried telling everyone how evil that illegitimate dirt bag was, so go on and laugh "grasshoppers", until the deep state induced winter comes.

Hopefully, the rest of us "ants"  will weather the storm...DM

Where do you stand on the issue of national security versus privacy? It's been in the news a lot lately. We recently told you how the CIA could be spying on you.

Now, the FBI's facial recognition program is making headlines.

How the FBI's facial recognition program works

Facial recognition has been part of the FBI's Next Generation Identification program for years. It's a biometric method of identifying someone by comparing live capture or digital image data with the stored record of that person, typically used for security purposes.

This week, congress held a hearing putting the FBI program under the microscope. It came under a fierce bi-partisan attack from politicians on both sides of the aisle. They said using facial recognition software violates Americans' privacy and leads to the arrests of innocent people.

It turns out that over 400 million pictures of Americans' faces are stored in local, state and federal law enforcement databases. It's estimated that half of all adults in the U.S. are in the databases.

An FBI official said at the hearing, "The only information the FBI has and has collected in our database are criminal mugshot photos." However, that doesn't include databases held by local and state law enforcement agencies. Those include images from driver's licenses, mugshots, passports, security videos and visas.

The FBI has agreements with 18 U.S. states that give it access to all of these databases. The agency is working on getting access to all state databases.

Utah Representative Jason Chaffetz said, "Like many technologies, used in the wrong hands or without appropriate parameters, it is ripe for abuse. It would be one thing if facial recognition technology were perfect or near perfect, but it clearly is not. Facial recognition technology does make mistakes."

Internal FBI documents prove Chaffetz's remarks. They revealed that the FBI's system has an acceptable margin of error of 20 percent. Meaning there is a one out of five chance of identifying the suspect incorrectly.

Tennessee Representative John Duncan said at the hearing, "I think we're reaching a very sad point, a very dangerous point when we're doing away with the reasonable expectation of privacy about anything."

Privacy advocates are concerned about the growing database of images too. The main worry is that normal, everyday citizens like you and me will get caught up in the system and be grouped in with criminals, which could lead to some unfortunate events for many people.

An ACLU spokesperson said in a statement, "Face recognition is a relatively new technology and it's important that not only the FBI but the public be aware of its limitations. Errors mean random people could be falsely identified as potential criminals and find themselves coming under the FBI's powerful investigatory microscope. That could be not only invading people's privacy but also exposing them to accusations of wrongdoing."

• Upvote 5

Utah Representative Jason Chaffetz said, "Like many technologies, used in the wrong hands or without appropriate parameters, it is ripe for abuse. It would be one thing if facial recognition technology were perfect or near perfect, but it clearly is not. Facial recognition technology does make mistakes.

That could be not only invading people's privacy but also exposing them to accusations of wrongdoing."

This should be worrisome on each of our minds.  You may be a great law abiding citizen on this planet, and then your world may come crashing down, only because of technology, what we allow will come slap us in the face.   

Utah Representative Jason Chaffetz said, "Like many technologies, used in the wrong hands or without appropriate parameters, it is ripe for abuse. It would be one thing if facial recognition technology were perfect or near perfect, but it clearly is not. Facial recognition technology does make mistakes."

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 2