Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Phase One of Obamacare Repeal and Replace is Over...

23 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

It is insulting, because the truth is just too far over peoples' heads when they stick them in the ground...

I'm not the biggest fan of the insurance companies, but I did have competitive choices pre-ACA.  My pre-ACA plan was under $300/mo.

Further, due to ACA, the insurance companies are MANDATED to provide insurance under a universal metric, raising premiums as a FACTORED result.  There was (is) not much they could do about it.  The tiered PLANS are "one size fits all".  Really... I have the same needs as a woman?  I have the same needs as a parent with dependent children?

For example, my premium (the lowest/cheapest... BRONZE PLAN) was $700/mo.  I HAD TO pay for pediatric dental care, even though I don't have child dependents...

I also HAD TO pay for women's care/preventive care insurance!

These are just two of the metrics that raised premiums!

It's OUTRAGEOUS!!!  It's criminal.  :hug:

• Upvote 3

Ann Coulter: A Health Care Plan so Simple, Even a Republican Can Under

It’s always impossible to repeal laws that require Ann to pay for greedy people, because the greedy run out on the streets wailing that the Republicans are murdering them.

Obamacare is uniquely awful because the free stuff isn’t paid for through income taxes: It’s paid for through MY health insurance premiums. This is unfortunate because I wanted to buy health insurance.

Perhaps you’re not aware — SINCE YOU EXEMPTED YOURSELVES FROM OBAMACARE, CONGRESS — but buying or selling health insurance is illegal in America.

Right now, there’s no free market because insurance is insanely regulated not only by Obamacare, but also by the most corrupt organizations in America: state insurance commissions. (I’m talking to you, New York!)

Federal and state laws make it illegal to sell health insurance that doesn’t cover a laughable array of supposedly vital services based on bureaucrats’ medical opinions of which providers have the best lobbyists.

As a result, it’s illegal to sell health insurance that covers any of the medical problems I’d like to insure against. Why can’t the GOP keep Obamacare for the greedy — but make it legal for Ann to buy health insurance?

This is how it works today:

ME: I’m perfectly healthy, but I’d like to buy health insurance for heart disease, broken bones, cancer, and everything else that a normal person would ever need, but no more.

INSURANCE COMPANY: That will be $700 a month, the deductible is $35,000, no decent hospital will take it, and you have to pay for doctor’s visits yourself. But your plan covers shrinks, infertility treatments, sex change operations, autism spectrum disorder treatment, drug rehab and 67 other things you will never need.

INSURANCE COMPANY UNDER ANN’S PLAN: That will be $50 a month, the deductible is $1,000, you can see any doctor you’d like, and you have full coverage for any important medical problems you could conceivably have in a million years.

Mine is a two-step plan (and you don’t have to do the second step, so it’s really a one-step plan).

STEP 1: Congress doesn’t repeal Obamacare! Instead, Congress passes a law, pursuant to its constitutional power to regulate interstate commerce, that says: “In America, it shall be legal to sell health insurance on the free market. This law supersedes all other laws, taxes, mandates, coverage requirements, regulations or prohibitions, state or federal.”

The end. Love, Ann.

There will be no whining single mothers storming Congress with their pre-printed placards. People who want to stay on Obamacare can. No one is taking away anything. They can still have health insurance with free pony rides. It just won’t be paid for with Ann’s premiums anymore, because Ann will now be allowed to buy health insurance on the free market.

Americans will be free to choose among a variety of health insurance plans offered by willing sellers, competing with one another to provide the best plans at the lowest price. A nationwide market in health insurance will drive down costs and improve access — just like everything else we buy here in America!

Within a year, most Americans will be buying health insurance on the free market (and half of the rest will be illegal aliens). We’ll have TV ads with cute little geckos hawking amazing plans and young couples bragging about their broad coverage and great prices from this or that insurance company.

The Obamacare plans will still have the “essential benefits” (free pony rides) that are so important to NPR’s Mara Liasson, but the free market plans will have whatever plans consumers agree to buy and insurance companies agree to sell — again, just like every other product we buy here in America.

Some free market plans will offer all the “essential benefits” mandated by Obamacare, but the difference will be: Instead of forcing me to pay a premium that covers Mara Liasson’s special needs, she’ll have to pay for that coverage herself.

I won’t be compelled to buy health insurance that covers everyone else’s gambling addiction, drug rehab, pregnancies, marital counseling, social workers, contact lenses and rotten kids — simply to have insurance for what doctors call “serious medical problems.”

Then, we’ll see how many people really need free health care.

Until the welfare program is decoupled from the insurance market, nothing will work. Otherwise, it’s like forcing grocery stores to pay for everyone to have a house. A carton of milk would suddenly cost $10,000.

That’s what Obamacare did to health insurance. Paul Ryan’s solution was to cut taxes on businesses — and make the milk watery. But he still wouldn’t allow milk to be sold on the free market.

Democrats will be in the position of blocking American companies from selling a product that people want to buy. How will they explain that to voters?

Perhaps Democrats will come out and admit that they need to fund health insurance for the poor by forcing middle-class Americans to pay for it through their insurance premiums — because otherwise, they’d have to raise taxes, and they want to keep their Wall Street buddies’ income taxes low.

Good luck with that!

STEP 2: Next year, Congress formulates a better way of delivering health care to the welfare cases, which will be much easier since there will be a LOT fewer of them.

No actual money-making business is going to survive by taking the welfare cases — the ones that will cover illegal aliens and Mara Liasson’s talk therapy — so the greedy will get government plans.

But by then, only a minority of Americans will be on the “free” plans. (Incidentally, this will be a huge money-saver — if anyone cares about the federal budget.) Eighty percent of Americans will already have good health plans sold to them by insurance companies competing for their business.

With cheap plans available, a lot of the greedy will go ahead and buy a free market plan. Who wants to stand in line at the DMV to see a doctor when your neighbors have great health care plans for $50 a month?

We will have separated the truly unfortunate from the loudmouthed bullies who simply enjoy forcing other people to pay for their shrinks and aromatherapy.

And if the Democrats vote against a sane method of delivering health care to the welfare cases, who cares? We have lots of wasteful government programs — take it out of Lockheed Martin’s contract. But at least the government won’t be depriving the rest of us of a crucial product just because we are middle class and the Democrats hate us.

There’s your health care bill, GOP!

COPYRIGHT 2017 ANN COULTER 

• Upvote 2

Heres one you might like, Jax...  :)

AtlasMD founder featured on Fox News program

atlas-md-logo*750.jpg

Dr. Josh Umbehr continues to garner national attention for his insurance-free approach to medicine.

Umbehr, the founder of Wichita-based AtlasMD, was a guest on the Fox News program The Sean Hannity Show Tuesday evening to discuss the business and how it can be used to drive change within health care.

Umbehr said direct primary care provides real solutions that could be enacted to help Americans and drive down health care costs.

“We don’t take insurance,” Umbehr said on the program.” “We don’t need insurance for the common things.”

At Atlas, patients pay a monthly membership fee — from $10 to $100 per month. Members have access to doctors in person, by phone or through social media channels.

Patients don’t pay co-pays and aren’t charged extra for office visits. Medications typically cost “pennies on the pill,” Umbehr told Hannity.

Imaging often is done at a lower cost through the Atlas model as well.

Umbehr said an X-ray, for example, might cost an Atlas member $20 to $40 including radiology reads versus $100 or so at other clinics. Similar services might cost $500 to $1,000 through a hospital emergency room, Umbehr said.

Hannity, who long has been a supporter of Umbehr and his business, said the doctor is a person whom everyone in Congress should know.

Umbehr has told the Wichita Business Journal on multiple occasions the direct care movement has generated some momentum in recent years, and the goal is to continue to push that in the weeks and months ahead.

He founded the Wichita direct-care medical practice more than six years ago as a way to bypass insurance companies. He advocates for health insurance to cover catastrophic events, however.

He told Hannity Tuesday the model can help employers save money on their health insurance plans, making that type of coverage more affordable.

He cited Allied National Inc. in Overland Park as an example of an insurance company whose profit margins have increased by incorporating the Atlas model.

The WBJ has recognized Umbehr for his work on multiple occasions, including the 2016 Health Care Heroes awards.

Edited by Whatshername
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Whatshername said:

Ann Coulter: A Health Care Plan so Simple, Even a Republican Can Under

It’s always impossible to repeal laws that require Ann to pay for greedy people, because the greedy run out on the streets wailing that the Republicans are murdering them.

Obamacare is uniquely awful because the free stuff isn’t paid for through income taxes: It’s paid for through MY health insurance premiums. This is unfortunate because I wanted to buy health insurance.

Perhaps you’re not aware — SINCE YOU EXEMPTED YOURSELVES FROM OBAMACARE, CONGRESS — but buying or selling health insurance is illegal in America.

Right now, there’s no free market because insurance is insanely regulated not only by Obamacare, but also by the most corrupt organizations in America: state insurance commissions. (I’m talking to you, New York!)

Federal and state laws make it illegal to sell health insurance that doesn’t cover a laughable array of supposedly vital services based on bureaucrats’ medical opinions of which providers have the best lobbyists.

As a result, it’s illegal to sell health insurance that covers any of the medical problems I’d like to insure against. Why can’t the GOP keep Obamacare for the greedy — but make it legal for Ann to buy health insurance?

This is how it works today:

ME: I’m perfectly healthy, but I’d like to buy health insurance for heart disease, broken bones, cancer, and everything else that a normal person would ever need, but no more.

INSURANCE COMPANY: That will be $700 a month, the deductible is $35,000, no decent hospital will take it, and you have to pay for doctor’s visits yourself. But your plan covers shrinks, infertility treatments, sex change operations, autism spectrum disorder treatment, drug rehab and 67 other things you will never need.

INSURANCE COMPANY UNDER ANN’S PLAN: That will be $50 a month, the deductible is $1,000, you can see any doctor you’d like, and you have full coverage for any important medical problems you could conceivably have in a million years.

Mine is a two-step plan (and you don’t have to do the second step, so it’s really a one-step plan).

STEP 1: Congress doesn’t repeal Obamacare! Instead, Congress passes a law, pursuant to its constitutional power to regulate interstate commerce, that says: “In America, it shall be legal to sell health insurance on the free market. This law supersedes all other laws, taxes, mandates, coverage requirements, regulations or prohibitions, state or federal.”

The end. Love, Ann.

There will be no whining single mothers storming Congress with their pre-printed placards. People who want to stay on Obamacare can. No one is taking away anything. They can still have health insurance with free pony rides. It just won’t be paid for with Ann’s premiums anymore, because Ann will now be allowed to buy health insurance on the free market.

Americans will be free to choose among a variety of health insurance plans offered by willing sellers, competing with one another to provide the best plans at the lowest price. A nationwide market in health insurance will drive down costs and improve access — just like everything else we buy here in America!

Within a year, most Americans will be buying health insurance on the free market (and half of the rest will be illegal aliens). We’ll have TV ads with cute little geckos hawking amazing plans and young couples bragging about their broad coverage and great prices from this or that insurance company.

The Obamacare plans will still have the “essential benefits” (free pony rides) that are so important to NPR’s Mara Liasson, but the free market plans will have whatever plans consumers agree to buy and insurance companies agree to sell — again, just like every other product we buy here in America.

Some free market plans will offer all the “essential benefits” mandated by Obamacare, but the difference will be: Instead of forcing me to pay a premium that covers Mara Liasson’s special needs, she’ll have to pay for that coverage herself.

I won’t be compelled to buy health insurance that covers everyone else’s gambling addiction, drug rehab, pregnancies, marital counseling, social workers, contact lenses and rotten kids — simply to have insurance for what doctors call “serious medical problems.”

Then, we’ll see how many people really need free health care.

Until the welfare program is decoupled from the insurance market, nothing will work. Otherwise, it’s like forcing grocery stores to pay for everyone to have a house. A carton of milk would suddenly cost $10,000.

That’s what Obamacare did to health insurance. Paul Ryan’s solution was to cut taxes on businesses — and make the milk watery. But he still wouldn’t allow milk to be sold on the free market.

Democrats will be in the position of blocking American companies from selling a product that people want to buy. How will they explain that to voters?

Perhaps Democrats will come out and admit that they need to fund health insurance for the poor by forcing middle-class Americans to pay for it through their insurance premiums — because otherwise, they’d have to raise taxes, and they want to keep their Wall Street buddies’ income taxes low.

Good luck with that!

STEP 2: Next year, Congress formulates a better way of delivering health care to the welfare cases, which will be much easier since there will be a LOT fewer of them.

No actual money-making business is going to survive by taking the welfare cases — the ones that will cover illegal aliens and Mara Liasson’s talk therapy — so the greedy will get government plans.

But by then, only a minority of Americans will be on the “free” plans. (Incidentally, this will be a huge money-saver — if anyone cares about the federal budget.) Eighty percent of Americans will already have good health plans sold to them by insurance companies competing for their business.

With cheap plans available, a lot of the greedy will go ahead and buy a free market plan. Who wants to stand in line at the DMV to see a doctor when your neighbors have great health care plans for $50 a month?

We will have separated the truly unfortunate from the loudmouthed bullies who simply enjoy forcing other people to pay for their shrinks and aromatherapy.

And if the Democrats vote against a sane method of delivering health care to the welfare cases, who cares? We have lots of wasteful government programs — take it out of Lockheed Martin’s contract. But at least the government won’t be depriving the rest of us of a crucial product just because we are middle class and the Democrats hate us.

There’s your health care bill, GOP!

COPYRIGHT 2017 ANN COULTER 

Thank you, Ann... and another BIG THANK YOU to WHN for diving in deeper to expose the truths, and the remedies!

There is no way to dispute the efficiency and affordability of free-market concepts like this.  The biggest hurdle is to get the citizenry to understand why the government won't do it... It loses the CONTROL (power) over us.  The ACA was never about healthcare... it has always been about control.  Period.

So, with more and more of these revelations... we can only hope the "slaves" in our society will see it for what it really is, and demand the remedy of freedom.

The concept of Freedom... the philosophy of Freedom... is what drives appropriate actions.

Be a Philosophical Warrior... demand and take back your intellect, your choices, your individuality... your Freedom!  Start today!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Whatshername said:

Heres one you might like, Jax...  :)

AtlasMD founder featured on Fox News program

atlas-md-logo*750.jpg

Dr. Josh Umbehr continues to garner national attention for his insurance-free approach to medicine.

Umbehr, the founder of Wichita-based AtlasMD, was a guest on the Fox News program The Sean Hannity Show Tuesday evening to discuss the business and how it can be used to drive change within health care.

Umbehr said direct primary care provides real solutions that could be enacted to help Americans and drive down health care costs.

“We don’t take insurance,” Umbehr said on the program.” “We don’t need insurance for the common things.”

At Atlas, patients pay a monthly membership fee — from $10 to $100 per month. Members have access to doctors in person, by phone or through social media channels.

Patients don’t pay co-pays and aren’t charged extra for office visits. Medications typically cost “pennies on the pill,” Umbehr told Hannity.

Imaging often is done at a lower cost through the Atlas model as well.

Umbehr said an X-ray, for example, might cost an Atlas member $20 to $40 including radiology reads versus $100 or so at other clinics. Similar services might cost $500 to $1,000 through a hospital emergency room, Umbehr said.

Hannity, who long has been a supporter of Umbehr and his business, said the doctor is a person whom everyone in Congress should know.

Umbehr has told the Wichita Business Journal on multiple occasions the direct care movement has generated some momentum in recent years, and the goal is to continue to push that in the weeks and months ahead.

He founded the Wichita direct-care medical practice more than six years ago as a way to bypass insurance companies. He advocates for health insurance to cover catastrophic events, however.

He told Hannity Tuesday the model can help employers save money on their health insurance plans, making that type of coverage more affordable.

He cited Allied National Inc. in Overland Park as an example of an insurance company whose profit margins have increased by incorporating the Atlas model.

The WBJ has recognized Umbehr for his work on multiple occasions, including the 2016 Health Care Heroes awards.

Yes... thank you Team Leader!  I have heard them before, and on Hannity.  Thank you Sean for promoting them often!

I am a big fan of PRIVATE Co-ops for many things, especially for healthcare.  The only drawback is that, of course, they could not support Catastrophic Health Events.

I have actually begun my own private research to address a more hefty premium based plan for Catastrophic coverage... including PRIVATE, VOLUNTARY, SHARING cost support via an avenue like a soliciting-of-any-kind-is-not-allowed account.  However, the hurdles are in place... and there's a lot of "hoop jumping"...

BUT... I am trying!

Whoops, I see the filter changed my reference to a website.  I was implying a co-op type of sharing cost network.

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Yes... thank you Team Leader!  I have heard them before, and on Hannity.  Thank you Sean for promoting them often!

I am a big fan of PRIVATE Co-ops for many things, especially for healthcare.  The only drawback is that, of course, they could not support Catastrophic Health Events.

I have actually begun my own private research to address a more hefty premium based plan for Catastrophic coverage... including PRIVATE, VOLUNTARY, SHARING cost support via an avenue like a soliciting-of-any-kind-is-not-allowed account.  However, the hurdles are in place... and there's a lot of "hoop jumping"...

BUT... I am trying!

Best of Luck to you!   :)

9q2ugcdwxo.gif

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Oooooh!  I need that guy on my negotiation team! ;):lol:

Just make sure he can stick the landing!  :eyebrows:  Pretty sure you won't like this one... but this is what we're up against...

Bernie Sanders’ 'Medicare for All' Healthcare Plan is a Fantasy

You think Obamacare is bad? Get a load of the new health care reform proposal by Senator Bernie Sanders.

The self-proclaimed socialist and Democratic Party presidential aspirant on Sunday released his plan, called “Medicare for All,” to replace the entire private health insurance industry with a government-run single-payer system.

“Bernie’s plan will provide all Americans with the sense of freedom and peace of mind that comes from knowing you always have access to the health care you need,” a campaign press release stated.

But the plan has several big problems.

Though “Medicare for All” may give Americans the “freedom” from choosing who provides their health insurance, that also means they have no freedom to choose a different option if the service doesn’t work for them. If the government-provided health insurance is a disaster, no other companies exist to offer relief.

The Sanders plan relies on the faulty assumption that the government will be able to negotiate lower prices from pharmaceutical companies and medical care providers by its new position of being the only insurance provider. But if this were such an easy solution, why wouldn’t the government just pass a price control law today on treatments and drugs deemed to be too expensive?

Because history and basic economics have taught us that price controls don’t work. If you don’t allow the market to reach the true equilibrium price, you will experience a shortage.

We are already experiencing a massive shortage of doctors. If the government arbitrarily cuts compensation for these industries, the problem will only get worse. Obamacare has served to make medicine a less attractive field by increasing the paperwork burden for doctors — does Sanders really think cutting their pay will make more people want to be doctors?

There’s also no indication that single-payer would actually lead to great savings. John Goodman, a healthcare expert writing at Forbesdemonstrates example after example of governments privatizing their health insurance plans in order to save money.

The Sanders plan also would be disastrous for the federal budget. Though liberal economist Gerald Friedman paints a rosy picture of how much Sanders’ single-payer system could save, the tax-and-spending increases would still be enormous.

Prominent healthcare expert and Manhattan Institute scholar Avik Roy offersmore details at Forbes. “Even by Friedman’s own optimistic projections about what single-payer health care could save, Berniecare would increase federal spending by $28.3 trillion over 10 years,” wrote Roy. “If Friedman is wrong, and the plan fails to reduce the growth of health care spending, it would result in $32.7 trillion in new federal spending.”

Read more... if you can stand it

http://opportunitylives.com/bernie-sanders-healthcare-plan-is-a-fantasy/

I don't recommend this video... pure BS!

Edited by Whatshername
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Whatshername said:

Just make sure he can stick the landing!  :eyebrows:  Pretty sure you won't like this one...

Bernie Sanders’ 'Medicare for All' Healthcare Plan is a Fantasy

You think Obamacare is bad? Get a load of the new health care reform proposal by Senator Bernie Sanders.

The self-proclaimed socialist and Democratic Party presidential aspirant on Sunday released his plan, called “Medicare for All,” to replace the entire private health insurance industry with a government-run single-payer system.

“Bernie’s plan will provide all Americans with the sense of freedom and peace of mind that comes from knowing you always have access to the health care you need,” a campaign press release stated.

But the plan has several big problems.

Though “Medicare for All” may give Americans the “freedom” from choosing who provides their health insurance, that also means they have no freedom to choose a different option if the service doesn’t work for them. If the government-provided health insurance is a disaster, no other companies exist to offer relief.

The Sanders plan relies on the faulty assumption that the government will be able to negotiate lower prices from pharmaceutical companies and medical care providers by its new position of being the only insurance provider. But if this were such an easy solution, why wouldn’t the government just pass a price control law today on treatments and drugs deemed to be too expensive?

Because history and basic economics have taught us that price controls don’t work. If you don’t allow the market to reach the true equilibrium price, you will experience a shortage.

We are already experiencing a massive shortage of doctors. If the government arbitrarily cuts compensation for these industries, the problem will only get worse. Obamacare has served to make medicine a less attractive field by increasing the paperwork burden for doctors — does Sanders really think cutting their pay will make more people want to be doctors?

There’s also no indication that single-payer would actually lead to great savings. John Goodman, a healthcare expert writing at Forbesdemonstrates example after example of governments privatizing their health insurance plans in order to save money.

The Sanders plan also would be disastrous for the federal budget. Though liberal economist Gerald Friedman paints a rosy picture of how much Sanders’ single-payer system could save, the tax-and-spending increases would still be enormous.

Prominent healthcare expert and Manhattan Institute scholar Avik Roy offersmore details at Forbes. “Even by Friedman’s own optimistic projections about what single-payer health care could save, Berniecare would increase federal spending by $28.3 trillion over 10 years,” wrote Roy. “If Friedman is wrong, and the plan fails to reduce the growth of health care spending, it would result in $32.7 trillion in new federal spending.”

Read more... if you can stand it

http://opportunitylives.com/bernie-sanders-healthcare-plan-is-a-fantasy/

I don't recommend this video... pure BS!

Still revealing, nonetheless... thanks WHN!

Yep, only attractive to the ignorant and uninformed knee-jerk kumbaya Collective... :facepalm3:

• Upvote 1

If you could afford the ACA mandated plan, then the high cost of the deductible put ever accessing the plan into the stratosphere. Just because a ACA may be 300 dollars does not give the full picture. A 300 dollar plan with a 12K dollar deductible per family member is what makes the ACA very unaffordable to the majority of the people. In the end if the deductible is so high that the insurance can never be used it is the same thing as paying for out-of-pocket healthcare. To those who think the VA Healthcare is any better think again. Or that Canada's or Britain's healthcare is any better. The real story behind all of this is what isn't being said. Hospitals and others that provide health care have two menus to choose from. If you choose the insurance menu, you get the insurance price for the services. If you choose the cash and carry price, the cost is so much cheaper. However, with very few people being able to pay out-of-pocket for their healthcare, they have relied on the pre-ACA healthcare model for a long time. This is why the invention of HSAs were so warranted. The only problem with the HSAs was that if the money wasn't used by the end of the year you lost it. This caused problems because one could only save for what they needed that year. If this mandate of losing your money at the end of the year were to be removed, more individuals would be in favor of HSAs provided that they could take advantage of the out-of-pocket price for their healthcare services. Then the only thing remaining would be what would happen upon death to the HSA. While this may seem like a single payer system, it is in addition to the pre-ACA system. They could keep a few things such as the pre-existing stance. However get rid of the stay on until 26 policy. If by 22 they have not either joined the military or graduated from school with a bachelor degree then they need to be out working provided we get rid of the H1=B Visa crap as well.

And yes Victoria, Healthcare for all is a fantasy, if that means we have to pay for everyone's healthcare, including our own.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

If you could afford the ACA mandated plan, then the high cost of the deductible put ever accessing the plan into the stratosphere. Just because a ACA may be 300 dollars does not give the full picture. A 300 dollar plan with a 12K dollar deductible per family member is what makes the ACA very unaffordable to the majority of the people. In the end if the deductible is so high that the insurance can never be used it is the same thing as paying for out-of-pocket healthcare. To those who think the VA Healthcare is any better think again. Or that Canada's or Britain's healthcare is any better. The real story behind all of this is what isn't being said. Hospitals and others that provide health care have two menus to choose from. If you choose the insurance menu, you get the insurance price for the services. If you choose the cash and carry price, the cost is so much cheaper. However, with very few people being able to pay out-of-pocket for their healthcare, they have relied on the pre-ACA healthcare model for a long time. This is why the invention of HSAs were so warranted. The only problem with the HSAs was that if the money wasn't used by the end of the year you lost it. This caused problems because one could only save for what they needed that year. If this mandate of losing your money at the end of the year were to be removed, more individuals would be in favor of HSAs provided that they could take advantage of the out-of-pocket price for their healthcare services. Then the only thing remaining would be what would happen upon death to the HSA. While this may seem like a single payer system, it is in addition to the pre-ACA system. They could keep a few things such as the pre-existing stance. However get rid of the stay on until 26 policy. If by 22 they have not either joined the military or graduated from school with a bachelor degree then they need to be out working provided we get rid of the H1=B Visa crap as well.

And yes Victoria, Healthcare for all is a fantasy, if that means we have to pay for everyone's healthcare, including our own.

Thanks for the further exposure, Theseus! :tiphat:

Let's add up the numbers, for an Individual's plan like mine:

If we just used the Bronze Plan as an example (the lowest) at $700/mo. with a $6,850 annual deductible... the total Premium/Deductible cost for the year would be $15,250.00. 

There you have it.  Real life numbers for a real life plan.  

So, if I don't pay the $700/mo premium (extortion fee), I am breaking the law...

If I am forced to pay it, even though I can't afford it... I am bankrupting myself...

It is an irreconcilable conundrum for most people... 

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 1

when they scream how many are going to "Lose" their health care.....just wondering....how many of those are ones who were FORCED to buy it and do NOT want it???

just saying

if you WANT to keep your Obama care health "insurance" than keep it....but those who dont...then we should be allowed to drop it and NOT be FINED!!!

The next time they want to punish corporations for monopoly they need to look in the mirror

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

when they scream how many are going to "Lose" their health care.....just wondering....how many of those are ones who were FORCED to buy it and do NOT want it???

just saying

if you WANT to keep your Obama care health "insurance" than keep it....but those who dont...then we should be allowed to drop it and NOT be FINED!!!

The next time they want to punish corporations for monopoly they need to look in the mirror

Good points, Snow!

Here's some more of the madness...

Many, many purchasers bought a plan in order to comply with the law (and also because they wanted it), BUT many had to drop it almost immediately because they couldn't afford subsequent payments!  Surprise surprise!  So, when the government claims so many are being helped, that was all based on initial sign-ups, hence false numbers...

Now, here's what's even worse...

The law was created to have ALL citizens comply... yet, the Open Enrollment period only lasts a month or two!  Then you're locked out!  What?!!!!   

So, if say.... TODAY, I could suddenly be able to afford and purchase a policy... I AM NOT ALLOWED!  I have to wait until this NOVEMBER!   What?!!!!!  

It's totally bizarre!  None of it makes any sense.