Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Colonoscopy time

Started my clear liquids this morning. Exam is 11:00 AM tomorrow. Yea.  Already starving. :D 

Will take the first dose tonight at 5:00 PM. Can't wait for that excitement to happen.

Next dose is 5:00 AM tomorrow. Been 10 years since the last one(per Doctors recommendation) 

8 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Been 10 years since the last one(per Doctors recommendation)

Over the course of 3 years, My brother kept having his colonoscopy put off by the VA because of other health issues popping up.  They finally determined he had stage 4 colon cancer.  If they performed the colonoscopy 3 years ago, they would have detected the polyps sooner and removed them.

My advice to everyone, you sleep through colonoscopies you don't remember a thing, get them done! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

I was going to write on my rump "exit only" but(pardon the pun) my wife doesn't know if the Dr. has a sense of humor. 

Not the person you want ticked off at you from the git go.

1 hour ago, Markinsa said:

Over the course of 3 years, My brother kept having his colonoscopy put off by the VA because of other health issues popping up.  They finally determined he had stage 4 colon cancer.  If they performed the colonoscopy 3 years ago, they would have detected the polyps sooner and removed them.

My advice to everyone, you sleep through colonoscopies you don't remember a thing, get them done! :twothumbs:

n stool man 1. Hmmm stool man. Coincidence? I like the note written to the Dr on the butt thing; do that. Dr's have a sense of humor, just no patients, get it? Yup, they knock you out with drugs so you feel nada, fill your butt tube with air, and go hunting for polyps.  Then they won't let you leave till you pass that air out. Why do they want that back?  My advice is to get the colonoscopy as often as recommended. Plus if you are and old sick child like me, film the fart scene. When I came out of the drugs, a lot later than my wife thought I had. (Wonder what those topics of discussion were?) As soon as I understood that I could go home after I worked the air raid siren, I let it rip so loud that Fred and Barney clocked out of work at the Slate Quarry. Wish I had that one on film. Plus they took out a couple of small polyps .

1 minute ago, nstoolman1 said:

Took the first dose at 1700 and the fun has begun. Even the dog is looking concerned for me.

Each time I "go" she comes in to the BR and waits for me.

I think they can sense when people are having an off day. 

I made the mistake of taking my dog for a walk.  I got a block and had to turn around and come back with my butt checks clinched together. :lol:

• Upvote 3

All done and I survived with nothing more than some gas and a big appetite. Doc said everything looked great and wait for

a five year reminder. No driving or important decisions for the rest of the day. Asked about food and he said "whatever sounds good".

He was surprised I was even thinking about it. My wife said "You don't know him. I would not like to be the one to tell him no."

Stopped on the way home and got a double bacon cheeseburger. Had me a cheat day and ate the whole thing. Thanks all who

prayed for me. I feel great. 

• Upvote 7

nstoolman1, glad everything worked out; literally and literally.  I am also glad that you have a good sense of humor.

You know going through such a cleansing every 2 years or so may not be a bad thing. You can get that cleansing stuff at the cvs otc. Then just drink clear broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable) for the 2 day period. Just to make sure the colon is clear of any plaque from old undigested food. Having a clean colon is important since 80% of our immune system is in and runs off of our colon. FYI.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure but I want to know about it also for my sister-in-law. A doctor recommended her to have a colonoscopy because of a persistent pain in the lower right abdomen. By the way, I've researched about it and I found out that a procedure with a tiny camera helps find colon polyps, tumors, and areas of  bleeding. 

• Upvote 1

It is an odd realization of the seasoned audience that can discuss preventative medical procedures in great and matter of fact detail with complete strangers.

Must be an indication of the Quality of Folks here at DV!

Well, OK, back in '15, I was "procedurally evaluated". Doc said, "You don't need to come back for 7-10 years!" Yippee!

On a more serious note - Yep, Everybody - git 'er done. This is truly one thing that can make all the life or death difference without even knowing there is a preventative problem.

As seemingly inconvenient as this procedure is, the suppressing of the "indignity" of the whole process and enduring the relatively minor inconvenience (not to mention any associated costs) far, far outweighs the painful, short lived, and greatly life shortening associated cancer potential.

So, now that we have finished this serious discussion and to top it all off, What's for Dinner? Where is your favorite restaurant and can we all meet there?

:o   :o   :o

• Upvote 2