Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sadrist Movement says clinging to Abadi's premiership until elections

March 20 2017 05:53 PM
Abadi
Abadi

Sadrist Movement says it is supporting the incumbent prime minister Haider Al-Abadi until the upcoming elections.

Ballot booths only will determine who will be the upcoming prime minister, the Movement's Ahmed al-Sadr said in a press conference from al-Najaf.

General election is to be held in Iraq in April 2018.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/8398/Sadrist-Movement-says-clinging-to-Abadi-s-premiership-until-elections

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

March 20 2017 05:53 PM
Abadi
Abadi

Sadrist Movement says it is supporting the incumbent prime minister Haider Al-Abadi until the upcoming elections.

Ballot booths only will determine who will be the upcoming prime minister, the Movement's Ahmed al-Sadr said in a press conference from al-Najaf.

General election is to be held in Iraq in April 2018.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/8398/Sadrist-Movement-says-clinging-to-Abadi-s-premiership-until-elections

My belief is if no RV by election day then no more PM Al-Abadi.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

Can Abadi run again?

Would Sadr support him?

If not who is running and who does Sadr support?

Yes Abadi can run again. I think Sadr would support him depending on what Abadi can accomplish in the next year. He is fighting Maliki and all the grief he brings with him. They should have dealt with him in 2014. The people need to vote in a Parliament that will actually show up and do something, IMO. But I think Abadi has Trump behind him.

TrumpCat.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

Good news Bean....when are the next elections?

snowglobe7, the provincial council elections were to take place in april but because of mosul operation they have been pushed to september of this year, and april of 2018 is the new house of representatives, and the prime minister elections. ;)

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2017 at 8:48 PM, mylilpony said:

snowglobe7, the provincial council elections were to take place in april but because of mosul operation they have been pushed to september of this year, and april of 2018 is the new house of representatives, and the prime minister elections. ;)

ok this is good. I want Abadi to have time after Mosul to do what he needs to do. I think he is doing the best he can IMO

Thanks pony!!!!

• Upvote 2