Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Stability of the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar and some currencies at closing

yota691

Walid Abdul Nabi, adviser to the Governor of the Central Bank, announced on Sunday, the intention of the Central Bank to open a branch in Najaf.
This came during the meeting of Abdulnabi Najaf Governor Louay al-Yasiri, where a number of important economic files were discussed.
“During the meeting, a number of important economic files were discussed, the most important of which is the opening of a branch of the central bank in the province, which has a good effect on the development of the economic reality in the province,” Najaf governor Najib said in a statement.

• Upvote 1

The dollar exchange rate fell today in Iraq

By
 rami
 -
January 8, 2018

1-2-2.jpg?fit=852%2C480

Foreign exchange markets in Baghdad, Monday morning, a decline in the dollar exchange rate against the Iraqi dinar.
The market price in the Kifah Stock Exchange in Baghdad was 1253 dinars per dollar, ie 125 thousand and 300 dinars per hundred dollars.
The prices of selling and buying dollars in banking companies were:
The selling price of the dollar is 1257.5 dinars, or 125 thousand and 750 dinars, for one hundred dollars.
The purchase price of the dollar is 1247.5 dinars, or 124 thousand and 750 dinars, for one hundred dollars.
Foreign exchange rates:
Euro World Price: 100 Euro = $ 120.18
GBP World Price: 100 Bounds = $ 135.53
Turkish Lira World Price: $ 100 = 373.95 Turkish Lira

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Rafidain Bank reopens its branch in Zayouna with modern technology
story_img_5a55a9e3c093a-500x330.jpg

Rafidain Bank reopens its branch in Zayouna with modern technology

10/01/2018

(Independent) ... Rafidain Bank announced the reopening of the branch of the role of officers in the area of Zayouna to citizens to provide the best banking services from loans and advances and other financial facilities.

"The branch of the officers' role was opened in Zayouna / Al-Rubaie Street after fully rehabilitating and introducing modern technology," the bank's press office said in a statement.

The statement added that "a new mechanism has been put in place this year, which is the opening of new branches and the rehabilitation of some of them to suit their work and show them properly to keep pace with their progress towards serving the citizen."

• Upvote 1

13:26
Last updated
S homepage!
Watch

BAGHDAD / 
The price of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar rose slightly on Wednesday in local trading. 
The price of selling the dollar in the stock market - Baghdad, on Wednesday (January 10, 2018), up from yesterday, where he reached:

Selling price $ 100 equals 125 thousand and 350 dinars. 
The purchase price of $ 100 equals 125 thousand and 300 dinars.

The exchange rate of the dollar against the dinar on the stock exchange - Erbil: 
the sale price of $ 100 equals 125 thousand and 850 dinars. 
The purchase price of $ 100 equals 125 thousand and 800 dinars.

The exchange rate of the dollar against the dinar was recorded on the bourse - Basrah: 
The sale price of $ 100 equals 125 thousand and 450 dinars. 
The purchase price of $ 100 equals 125 thousand and 400 dinars.
  • Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to What has the Iraqi dinar recorded against the US dollar in the last few hours?

Finally!!!!!  Something of real value actually happening to our beloved dinar!!!!  I’m so happy I could cry with this news! I was quickly sliding into the “quicksand of despair”.  Maybe we really are watching a power house that has the balls to move forward!!!  If Abadi RVs Before the elections I’m thinking he will definitely be the next elected PM in 2018!!!!    Cheers to all!! 🍻

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

What has the Iraqi dinar recorded against the US dollar in the last few hours? Published on Jan 16, 2018 31 views

Thank You, Yota, AND The Best Of Your Day To You Hoping Your Favorite Morning Beverage Is Plentiful, Hot, Good, AND Just The Way You Like It!!! :tiphat:

www.xe.com has been acting a little weird lately with the IQD vs. USD. Here is a link to the graph for the last week:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IQD&view=1W

Currently, the conversion on www.xe.com is 

1 USD =1,188.73IQD

US Dollar1 USD = 1,188.73 IQD

Iraqi Dinar1 IQD = 0.000841232 USD

2018-01-16 08:38 local time

About an hour ago and a few hours before that, the conversion was about 1,190.47 IQD = 1 USD.

Are things lining up on all the world wide financial platforms in preparation for an IQD rate change???!!!

We wait and see!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Thank You, Yota, AND The Best Of Your Day To You Hoping Your Favorite Morning Beverage Is Plentiful, Hot, Good, AND Just The Way You Like It!!! :tiphat:

www.xe.com has been acting a little weird lately with the IQD vs. USD. Here is a link to the graph for the last week:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IQD&view=1W

Currently, the conversion on www.xe.com is 

1 USD =1,188.73IQD

US Dollar1 USD = 1,188.73 IQD

Iraqi Dinar1 IQD = 0.000841232 USD

2018-01-16 08:38 local time

About an hour ago and a few hours before that, the conversion was about 1,190.47 IQD = 1 USD.

Are things lining up on all the world wide financial platforms in preparation for an IQD rate change???!!!

We wait and see!

Go Moola Nova!

Thanks Synopsis,

I have not paid any attention to XE lately but looked just now thanks to you. The action on January 10 and today is very interesting indeed! Something is certainly going on that is different and time will tell exactly what. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, stangernan said:

:confused2:

The CBI has started selling the dinar through bank windows instead  at the  auctions, eliminating the middleman who was corrupt as hell. Since then the dinar has been moving! It weebles, it  wobbles, it rises, but It don’t fall down!

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 4

Not only have I not paid any attention to xe.com, neither have I paid any attention to the CBI site in a very long time. My goodness the CBI has really changed since I last looked. I can’t find the currency exchange rates that use to be on the home page. Has anyone found those lately? Please point me to them if you have, thanks. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bama Girl said:

Thanks Synopsis,

I have not paid any attention to XE lately but looked just now thanks to you. The action on January 10 and today is very interesting indeed! Something is certainly going on that is different and time will tell exactly what. 

Top Of The Mornin' To You, Bama Girl! :tiphat:

Past history with Iraq indicated their banking systems were in the Prehistoric/Stone Age Era especially compared to other countries. This provided a rife environment for financial corruption through Saddam Hussein until now with the daily CBI currency auctions.

Not so much in the recent news but in the past the news articles noted Iraq as implementing an ultra modern banking system with international protocols facilitated by a supporting modern communication system. Some time ago, if I remember right, a French company was supplying a satellite to Iraq that could handle a high volume of financial transactions. I don't know the status of the satellite whether or not it is operational. I suspect this is one of the critical necessities to have in place prior to the massive reconstruction and economic development real time financial transactions that will simultaneously terminate the daily CBI currency auctions during the week and eliminate the associated corruption. Corresponding IQD conversions on other financial platforms in real time seems to suggest the Iraqi ultra modern banking systems with international protocols are getting synchronized! I suspect the corresponding IQD conversions on other platforms is best addressed at the current nominal conversion of 1,190 IQD vs. USD rather on the reinstated or revalued IQD to avoid electronic speculation.

Purely my speculation but I am surmising the IQD will need to be reinstated or revalue prior to a significant volume of financial transactions occurring to prevent a revalued IQD later potentially causing inequities for Iraq and entities doing business with Iraq. For me, I am looking for news related to the Kuwaiti Conference to occur February 12 - 14, 2018. I suspect all the foreign investment eager beavers will want an IQD stabilized to international currencies since contracts are drawn up on a currency such as USD or it could be IQD.

Here is the current CBI conversion page:

US dollar USD 1184.000
Euro EUR 1451.702
Pound sterling GBP 1632.618
Canadian dollar CAD 952.687
Swiss franc S.FR 1229.619
Swedish krona SEK 147.784
Norwegian krone NOK 150.277
Danish krone DKK 194.955
Japanese yen JPY 10.713
Australian dollar AUD 942.819
Special drawing rights SDR 1696.613
Gold for 24-ounce GOLD 1585672.000

https://cbi.iq/

Here is the current CBI daily currency auction results:

Foreign Currency Selling Window for 17-1-2018 that performed on 16-1-2018

Announcement No.(3614)

Sale Date - 17/1/2018 that performed on 16/1/2018

Details
  Amount
Total sale for the purpose of strengthen outside assets (Transfers and credits)
Total sale  cash
Total sale amount

Note:

• Selling price of remittance money to bank accounts outside is (1190) ID for each Dollar.
  • Cash selling price is (1190) ID for each Dollar.

Notice the last bullet point that is nominally equal to the value in the video Yota posted. To me, this is a sign of good things to come. We are not there, yet, but I can't help but imagine things are ramping up to and through the Kuwaiti Conference to occur February 12 - 14.

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Go Moola Nova!
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

Well disregard what I just said. Obviously the auctions are still in force. If I can find what I was reading earlier, perhaps I will discover I saw what I wanted to see... a mirage I guess. Usually not my style to go around pumping...  :wacko:

• Upvote 3

Just now, Artitech said:

if auctions are stopped the RV could be close, we need to  confirm this news!!:salute:

Top Of The Mornin' To You, Artitech! :salute:

A couple posts up in this thread I noted the CBI daily currency auction held today for tomorrow. Bummer for now. Maybe enjoy 'em while they last since there may not be many more!!!

:o       :o       :o

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Synopsis said:

Top Of The Mornin' To You, Artitech! :salute:

A couple posts up in this thread I noted the CBI daily currency auction held today for tomorrow. Bummer for now. Maybe enjoy 'em while they last since there may not be many more!!!

:o       :o       :o

Go Moola Nova!

Same to you my Friend, I thought that was to good of news! I think we are going to have to see the Gov. banks privatize first before any rv. JMHO ! Hopefully in our lifetime! Thanks for clearing this rumor!  :salute:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, climber7 said:

Greenie To ya Syn 

Please remind me what number we're looking for?   Not 1190 but what?

thanks 

Top Of The Morning To You, Climber7! :tiphat:

I suspect You are referencing the 2% spread in the markets which then is 1,190 x 1.02 = 1,213.80. The markets in Iraq are nominally 1,250ish. I suspect, though, with all the banking system integration(s), potentially the 2% spread will not need to be met since all the conversions could occur electronically and instantaneously to curtail any associated corruption.

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Go Moola Nova!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to Stability of the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar and some currencies at closing
  • Adam Montana locked this topic