Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

American Health Care Act, rough draft

3 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I can assure you that giving to the less fortunate is not something I have a problem with whatsoever. However giving to the government is not giving to the less fortunate. The government steals from everyone and keeps most of it for themselves what they don't keep they spend on people so they can earn votes this is not giving we're giving is needed this is buying votes.

Trump wants to show that he can get things done and will sign whatever Congress sends him if it claims to be a repeal of Obummercare.  

If  he signs anything and it doesn't give the American people what they sent him there to do I would not want to be in his shoes.

My biggest problem is not the giving, its the taking.  I have no problem giving but we have no choice in the matter. The government takes whether you like it or not and decides who gets it even the lazy lying dead beats who are on welfare and wear it as a badge of honor

Terrible horrible bill hope it is voted down. Until they address the cost they are just putting band aids on a gapping, bloody wound.  How can an aspirin cost $100 in a hospital, ridiculous!

Edited by DinarDiva007
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, DinarDiva007 said:

My biggest problem is not the giving, its the taking.  I have no problem giving but we have no choice in the matter. The government takes whether you like it or not and decides who gets it even the lazy lying dead beats who are on welfare and wear it as a badge of honor

Terrible horrible bill hope it is voted down. Until they address the cost they are just putting band aids on a gapping, bloody wound.  How can an aspirin cost $100 in a hospital, ridiculous!

An  aspirin cost $100 in the hospital because that's what happens when the government runs things. 

I have a question for everyone here. What would you give up to save one baby's life? How far will you go to save one baby?

I heard Rush Limbaugh State yesterday that the health care law the Republicans are putting forward eliminates all funding to Planned Parenthood. And I have a big problem with the health care law that the Republicans are putting forward because it seems to be very similar to Obamacare. It is a subject that has stressed me out considerably. But as I was eating dinner last night I could not forget what I heard Rush Limbaugh say and I began to wonder what would I give to save just one baby's life? And I have an answer for everyone here now, if they eliminate all funding to Planned Parenthood I would accept anything they offer. Up to and including single-payer. I would give my very life to save one baby.

• Upvote 2

My preference would be a straight REPEAL... but, I must admit, I don't fully understand the consequences of ripping the bandaid off vs slowly walking it to the door.  I don't trust Paul Ryan... but I do trust President Trump.  There doesn't seem to be a way to end this obummercare disaster without some getting hurt (fast or slow... it's by design).  So many have already been unjustly affected and punished by it... is this the answer?  I just don't know...  :shrug:

Why health care policy experts support the GOP Obamacare replacement plan.

By C. Steven Tucker

It’s been a while since I’ve put fingers to keyboard to write about health care policy. That’s primarily due to the fact that I’ve been a bit busy for the last four months helping consumers navigate what is left of the individual health insurance marketplace during the annual PPACA (Obamacare) open enrollment period. I say “what is left” because we have lost 19 health insurance carriers since the passage of Obamacare and the taxpayer funded Obamacare co-op ‘health insurers’ that were supposed to replace them are also now bankrupt. This rapid demolition of the individual (non employer sponsored) health insurance market place has robbed my clients not only of access to their doctors but also to their preferred hospitals. Worse yet, they have lost their health plans every year now for 4 years in a row and their health insurance premiums have increased up to 150% since the passage of Obamacare. In other words, they have been forced to endure the exact opposite of what they were promised by Barack Obama and the Democrat party.

To say the individual health insurance marketplace in this country is in a dire situation is an understatement. In fact, if something is not done now to preserve what is left of that marketplace, we will have no health insurance carriers left to choose from in 2018. United Healthcare has already exited after losing more than a billion dollars. Aetna exited after losing more than half a billion dollars and Humana now has wisely exited the marketplace as well in most states. This leaves consumers with a monopoly dominated mostly by Blue Cross entities all of which have lost hundreds of millions of dollars since the inception of Obamacare. These few remaining carriers will not continue to contribute to their own demise forever. Something has to be done now, not later and that is the impetus behind the current GOP proposal to repeal and replace Obamacare. This is also why myself and other health care policy experts like Betsy McCaughey support the proposal. It is also important to note that because President Trump is an intelligent, informed and proven leader, he too supports this plan. Why? Because he understands how dire the situation currently is and how many people will be “hurt and hurt badly” if we do not act NOW. Watch his weekly address by clicking below:

DJT3102017

To be frank, if you’re just reading this and you’ve never been on the other end of the phone with a woman with Ovarian cancer who’s calling you for help whilst she’s lying in her bed at Northwestern Memorial hospital weeping because she can no longer receive care there, you cannot possibly understand how dire the situation is. The worst part is that for the first time in my 20 year career as a licensed health insurance broker, there was nothing I could do to help this woman. There were literally no other options for her. There were only two other carriers I could offer her and those carriers offer only restrictive HMOs, none of which provide access to her preferred hospital or any of our other teaching hospitals. There are 19 million Americans just like her who are self employed sole proprietors and as such have to purchase their own health insurance in the individual marketplace. Their choices will soon be zero if something is not done now to incentivize health insurance carriers to once again reenter the individual health insurance marketplace. Already nearly 1/3rd of all counties in this nation have only ONE health insurance carrier to choose from. Soon it will be NONE.

The American Health Care Act

So, how do we accomplish that? The Republican party has chosen to do so in three phases. Paul Ryan did a power point presentation and I must say as a guy who has given hundreds of power point presentations, Ryan did a very good job explaining the process and I encourage you to watch it by clicking on the image below. I’m going to go a few steps further by breaking it down even more in bullet points listed below the video.

Ryan

As aforementioned, three phases comprise the process of developing what will eventually be known as “The American Health Care Act“. They are as follows:

1.) The first phase of the GOP’s current proposal to repeal and replace Obamacare is the Budget Reconciliation Bill released on Monday March 6, 2017 which goes a long way towards doing so. Because it deals with only budgetary issues, it only requires 51 votes in the U.S. Senate to pass which means it should pass quickly. This budget reconciliation bill accomplishes the following:

a.) Repeals $600 billion in Obamacare taxes AND the individual & employer mandates. This means we will no longer be a ‘part time nation’ and individuals will no longer be unconstitutionally TAXED by a rogue I.R.S. for simply existing and refusing to purchase overpriced, government designed and mandated health insurance plans. It also repeals the  2.35% Obamacare payroll tax hike and the 3.8% tax on unearned income (capital gains).

b.) Puts caps on Medicaid enrollment to discourage over spending and allows states to structure their own Medicaid programs in order to better serve their Medicaid recipients.

c.) Creates innovation grants for states to redevelop health insurance risk abatement programs such as high risk pools which were abolished under Obamacare. These high risk pools help isolate and better control costs for those with the highest health care costs which makes health insurance for the healthy less expensive.

d.)  DOUBLES the amount one can deposit into an HSA.

e.)  STOPS all abortion funding under Obamacare.

f.) Creates a tax favored status for individual health plans by providing a refundable tax credit to purchase those plans. Currently there is no tax favored status for individual health insurance plans. Tax favored status has traditionally only been awarded to employer sponsored group health insurance plans. Ever try to deduct your health insurance premiums as a sole proprietor? Or for that matter deduct any of your medical costs above 10% of your A.G.I.? It isn’t possible now. If the American Health Care Act passes, sole proprietors will finally enjoy tax favored status for purchasing their own individual health insurance. It’s about damned time! In addition those who are not offered coverage via an employer will have a portable refundable tax credit to help pay for health insurance and a refundable tax credit is NOT a ‘subsidy’ that you did not EARN. It is simply a way of you keeping more of YOUR money by not paying as much in taxes so that you can use it to pay for health insurance. It is NOT a ‘new entitlement’ Rand Paul… but I digress.

g.) Covers preexisting conditions but rightfully penalizes those who attempt to game the system by waiting until they are sick to purchase health insurance. Such conduct increases health insurance costs for everyone and that is why that conduct was originally prohibited under 1996 HIPAA law. That law outlined specific waiting periods before one could qualify for coverage for preexisting conditions if they did not keep consistent health insurance coverage in place. There were also financial penalties for those who attempted to game the system that way. Obamacare allowed anyone who claimed a ‘loss of income’ to game the system throughout the year by jumping on and off health plans which resulted in massive losses to health insurers and their subsequent exit from the marketplace. That conduct MUST stop and the only way to do so is to penalize such bad behavior and no Rand Paul the 30% penalty (which is far too low) is not “another individual mandate”!  It is instead proper management of risk. The Obamacare individual mandate was an unconstitutional IRS enforced penalty for simply existing and refusing to purchase overpriced, government designed and mandated health insurance! Without such proper management of risk which includes the aforementioned penalties for bad behavior we will have more of the same and by that I mean fewer choices, higher prices and a rapid collapse of the entire individual health insurance marketplace. “NeverTrumper” Rand Paul was WRONG about President Trump during the election and he is WRONG about the American Health Care Act. Period.

2.) The second phase will be performed by our new H.H.S. Secretary Dr. Tom Price who will roll back the massive pile of regulations that were put in place by the fourth branch of government known unaffectionately as the ‘administrative state’. There are 1,400 references in the Obamacare legislation that state “the secretary may” or “the secretary shall” so Dr. Price can fix or roll back a lot of things on his own as our new H.H.S. Secretary.

3.) The third phase is the final repeal legislation which will take an act of congress requiring 60 votes. It will take longer because of this to pass and be signed by President Trump but no longer in my estimation than summertime. This is so because health insurers have to begin providing their 2018 plans and prices for review by state and federal regulators in the early fall of this year. So, there isn’t a lot of time for this final bill to pass. Vice President Mike Pence stated that we could see this legislation by April and I concur. This legislation will include all other things that we Conservatives want in a repeal and replace legislation. Those things include:

a.) “Selling across state lines” a.k.a. repeal of the McCarron Ferguson Act which requires and act of congress and 6o votes and cannot be done via the budget reconciliation process.

b.) Repeal of the Obamacare mandates on health insurers so they can offer new plans that are less expensive and do not include all of the onerous Obamacare mandates, many of which required coverage for non medically necessary expenses like sexual reassignment surgery, maternity for 64 year old women and so much more. This of course also requires an act of congress and 60 votes and cannot be done via the budget reconciliation process.

c.) Association health plans so that groups of people who work in the same field can pool together and purchase lower priced, group health insurance plans.

d.) Medical Malpractice Reform a.k.a. “Tort” reform.

e.) Other parts of Dr. Tom Price’s reform legislation originally released in 2009 entitled “Empowering Patient’s First” which is the best piece of health care reform legislation I have ever read and I have read many. This is the template for the final repeal bill along with Paul Ryan’s “A Better Way” which he also worked with Dr. Price in devising.

But Steve! Why can’t we just suspend the filibuster and repeal and replace the whole thing all at once?! Because there is not enough political will to do so in the U.S. Senate and Senate Majority Leader McConnell has stated that he is not willing to do so. Why? Because there are political ramifications for doing so which could easily come back to haunt us in the future if we lose our narrow Senate majority.  Just ask Harry Reid. Why expose ourselves to that risk if there is another way forward?

In conclusion as Dennis Prager said so eloquently “the BEST is the ENEMY of the BETTER“. In other words when you spend all your time screaming for the best you inhibit the progress currently being made on the better and the American Health Care Act is far, FAR better than Obamacare. As Dan Proft also said so eloquently, “instead of WAIVING the flag, help ADVANCE the flag.” This is the BEST shot we have had in 7 LONG years to repeal and replace Obamacare. Please everyone, let us work TOGETHER to get this done!

https://csteventucker.wordpress.com/

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Trumpcare....get it right.  :D

GO RV, then BV

No it's called Obutthead care and you and the Psychotic Democrats own it. How much do you want a bet president Trump does what he's hinting at and lets Obamacare go on for the rest of the year until it completely implodes?  I'd bet good money you still find a way to blame the Republicans for it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

No it's called Obutthead care and you and the Psychotic Democrats own it. How much do you want a bet president Trump does what he's hinting at and lets Obamacare go on for the rest of the year until it completely implodes?  I'd bet good money you still find a way to blame the Republicans for it.

No no....just Donald.  That's how it works remember.....buck stops at the top.  :D  Plus it wouldn't surprise me in the least that he would wait and hope for it to implode and use the American people as pawns to make himself look better.  But in the end, would he look better if he could have prevented their grief.  Quite the conundrum he finds himself in.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

No no....just Donald.  That's how it works remember.....buck stops at the top.  :D  Plus it wouldn't surprise me in the least that he would wait and hope for it to implode and use the American people as pawns to make himself look better.  But in the end, would he look better if he could have prevented their grief.  Quite the conundrum he finds himself in.  

GO RV, then BV

Again your narrative is false. You presume that Donald Trump would let it fail just so that he could look good, while I'm stating that he could let it fail because the rhinos in the House and Senate think they're smarter than him and want to send him something that would hang an albatross about his neck. Your presumptive narrative is that Donald Trump is stupid. And I'm here to tell you in this one thing you are going to be proven wrong every time. Just like I was proven wrong when I said I would never vote for him. This man is not stupid he is Nobody's Fool. And personally I hope he does let it fail because it won't come back on him it will be Paul Ryan Mitch McConnell and John McCain that will pay the price for not putting up what they ran on. And what did they run on repeal Obamacare. Nobody during the election was talking about replace a anything.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Again your narrative is false. You presume that Donald Trump would let it fail just so that he could look good, while I'm stating that he could let it fail because the rhinos in the House and Senate think they're smarter than him and want to send him something that would hang an albatross about his neck. Your presumptive narrative is that Donald Trump is stupid. And I'm here to tell you in this one thing you are going to be proven wrong every time. Just like I was proven wrong when I said I would never vote for him. This man is not stupid he is Nobody's Fool. And personally I hope he does let it fail because it won't come back on him it will be Paul Ryan Mitch McConnell and John McCain that will pay the price for not putting up what they ran on. And what did they run on repeal Obamacare. Nobody during the election was talking about replace a anything.

So you're saying Donald will veto any bill that offers anything beyond simply repealing the ACA?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

18 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

So you're saying Donald will veto any bill that offers anything beyond simply repealing the ACA?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

I'm saying that is exactly what I think he is telegraphing. Let me remind you of something. Remember when Al Gore and all those global warming freakshows went to see Donald Trump at Trump Tower? And they came out and got in front of the cameras and bragged about how amicable Donald Trump was about  global warming. And just a few days later president Donald J Trump nominated one of the most Anti global warming people in the entire country to lead the EPA. What I am suggesting to you is the Donald Trump is the consummate gentleman. To your face he will be nice polite and respectful. After you were gone he is going to do what he believes is the right thing to do. I'm certain that he will base that opinion on all the evidence presented before him but in the end it will be his decision his choice that is made. So how does that translate to Health Care? Donald Trump ran on repeal Obamacare. He never talked a whole bunch about replacing anything. I may be wrong but it seems to me that it was the Rhinos in Washington that first started using the word repeal and replace. Now we have President Trump suggesting that it would be best if the Republicans just left Obamacare alone and let it implode on itself. While at the same time saying but that would not be fair to those who are hurting. He is not going to allow the idiots like Paul Ryan John McCain and Mitch McConnell to hang an albatross on his neck. The problem with everyone and Donald Trump is it no one seems to be paying attention to his historical actions. He has been showing a pattern of how he reacts to things.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm saying that is exactly what I think he is telegraphing.

That is not what I hear Trump saying.  He is full bore for Ryan’s bill, and regardless of what Ryan says, his bill does not repeal Obammacare.  It is nothing more than a politickal band aid that tweaks the existing law.  IF it was a real repeal, I would be all for it.  As now presented, this will be no more than the latest “fix” to an unsustainable law.  Think of how many times the politicks have “fixed” social security, and tell me if they have ever really fixed it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Whatshername said:

My preference would be a straight REPEAL... but, I must admit, I don't fully understand the consequences of ripping the bandaid off vs slowly walking it to the door.  I don't trust Paul Ryan... but I do trust President Trump.  There doesn't seem to be a way to end this obummercare disaster without some getting hurt (fast or slow... it's by design).  So many have already been unjustly affected and punished by it... is this the answer?  I just don't know...  :shrug:

1.) The first phase of the GOP’s current proposal to repeal and replace Obamacare is the Budget Reconciliation Bill released on Monday March 6, 2017 which goes a long way towards doing so. Because it deals with only budgetary issues, it only requires 51 votes in the U.S. Senate to pass which means it should pass quickly. This budget reconciliation bill accomplishes the following:

a.) Repeals $600 billion in Obamacare taxes AND the individual & employer mandates. This means we will no longer be a ‘part time nation’ and individuals will no longer be unconstitutionally TAXED by a rogue I.R.S. for simply existing and refusing to purchase overpriced, government designed and mandated health insurance plans. It also repeals the  2.35% Obamacare payroll tax hike and the 3.8% tax on unearned income (capital gains).

b.) Puts caps on Medicaid enrollment to discourage over spending and allows states to structure their own Medicaid programs in order to better serve their Medicaid recipients.

c.) Creates innovation grants for states to redevelop health insurance risk abatement programs such as high risk pools which were abolished under Obamacare. These high risk pools help isolate and better control costs for those with the highest health care costs which makes health insurance for the healthy less expensive.

d.)  DOUBLES the amount one can deposit into an HSA.

e.)  STOPS all abortion funding under Obamacare.

f.) Creates a tax favored status for individual health plans by providing a refundable tax credit to purchase those plans. Currently there is no tax favored status for individual health insurance plans. Tax favored status has traditionally only been awarded to employer sponsored group health insurance plans. Ever try to deduct your health insurance premiums as a sole proprietor? Or for that matter deduct any of your medical costs above 10% of your A.G.I.? It isn’t possible now. If the American Health Care Act passes, sole proprietors will finally enjoy tax favored status for purchasing their own individual health insurance. It’s about damned time! In addition those who are not offered coverage via an employer will have a portable refundable tax credit to help pay for health insurance and a refundable tax credit is NOT a ‘subsidy’ that you did not EARN. It is simply a way of you keeping more of YOUR money by not paying as much in taxes so that you can use it to pay for health insurance. It is NOT a ‘new entitlement’ Rand Paul… but I digress.

g.) Covers preexisting conditions but rightfully penalizes those who attempt to game the system by waiting until they are sick to purchase health insurance. Such conduct increases health insurance costs for everyone and that is why that conduct was originally prohibited under 1996 HIPAA law. That law outlined specific waiting periods before one could qualify for coverage for preexisting conditions if they did not keep consistent health insurance coverage in place. There were also financial penalties for those who attempted to game the system that way. Obamacare allowed anyone who claimed a ‘loss of income’ to game the system throughout the year by jumping on and off health plans which resulted in massive losses to health insurers and their subsequent exit from the marketplace. That conduct MUST stop and the only way to do so is to penalize such bad behavior and no Rand Paul the 30% penalty (which is far too low) is not “another individual mandate”!  It is instead proper management of risk. The Obamacare individual mandate was an unconstitutional IRS enforced penalty for simply existing and refusing to purchase overpriced, government designed and mandated health insurance! Without such proper management of risk which includes the aforementioned penalties for bad behavior we will have more of the same and by that I mean fewer choices, higher prices and a rapid collapse of the entire individual health insurance marketplace. “NeverTrumper” Rand Paul was WRONG about President Trump during the election and he is WRONG about the American Health Care Act. Period.

2.) The second phase will be performed by our new H.H.S. Secretary Dr. Tom Price who will roll back the massive pile of regulations that were put in place by the fourth branch of government known unaffectionately as the ‘administrative state’. There are 1,400 references in the Obamacare legislation that state “the secretary may” or “the secretary shall” so Dr. Price can fix or roll back a lot of things on his own as our new H.H.S. Secretary.

3.) The third phase is the final repeal legislation which will take an act of congress requiring 60 votes. It will take longer because of this to pass and be signed by President Trump but no longer in my estimation than summertime. This is so because health insurers have to begin providing their 2018 plans and prices for review by state and federal regulators in the early fall of this year. So, there isn’t a lot of time for this final bill to pass. Vice President Mike Pence stated that we could see this legislation by April and I concur. This legislation will include all other things that we Conservatives want in a repeal and replace legislation. Those things include:

a.) “Selling across state lines” a.k.a. repeal of the McCarron Ferguson Act which requires and act of congress and 6o votes and cannot be done via the budget reconciliation process.

b.) Repeal of the Obamacare mandates on health insurers so they can offer new plans that are less expensive and do not include all of the onerous Obamacare mandates, many of which required coverage for non medically necessary expenses like sexual reassignment surgery, maternity for 64 year old women and so much more. This of course also requires an act of congress and 60 votes and cannot be done via the budget reconciliation process.

c.) Association health plans so that groups of people who work in the same field can pool together and purchase lower priced, group health insurance plans.

d.) Medical Malpractice Reform a.k.a. “Tort” reform.

e.) Other parts of Dr. Tom Price’s reform legislation originally released in 2009 entitled “Empowering Patient’s First” which is the best piece of health care reform legislation I have ever read and I have read many. This is the template for the final repeal bill along with Paul Ryan’s “A Better Way” which he also worked with Dr. Price in devising.

But Steve! Why can’t we just suspend the filibuster and repeal and replace the whole thing all at once?! Because there is not enough political will to do so in the U.S. Senate and Senate Majority Leader McConnell has stated that he is not willing to do so. Why? Because there are political ramifications for doing so which could easily come back to haunt us in the future if we lose our narrow Senate majority.  Just ask Harry Reid. Why expose ourselves to that risk if there is another way forward?

In conclusion as Dennis Prager said so eloquently “the BEST is the ENEMY of the BETTER“. In other words when you spend all your time screaming for the best you inhibit the progress currently being made on the better and the American Health Care Act is far, FAR better than Obamacare. As Dan Proft also said so eloquently, “instead of WAIVING the flag, help ADVANCE the flag.” This is the BEST shot we have had in 7 LONG years to repeal and replace Obamacare. Please everyone, let us work TOGETHER to get this done!

https://csteventucker.wordpress.com/

It sounds good, but there is a fatal flaw that seems to be overlooked.  The plan calls for a 3 step process to repeal the law (proving that the Ryan fix does not repeal the law as he claims), and that is it’s fatal flaw.  In order to buttress my point I harken back to how this POS became law in the first place.

After the 2008 election the Dems were one Senator short of having the 60 seat super majority.  Thanks to the Soros Secretary of State project, MN overturned the election results and awarded the seat to Stewart Smally giving them the super majority.  They thought things were going smoothly until ol Teddy up and died leaving them 1 vote short.  No problems thought the Dems, there will be a special election in MA to replace Kennedy and they were sure it would be another Dem.  Problem was, enough people already did not want Obummercare so the people of MA actually elected a Republican to replace the dead Ted.  That sent the Dems into panic mode and they had to revise their plan and use the budget reconciliation process to pass the law.

Looking at how difficult it was to get 60 votes to pass the law in the first place, and ultimately failing forcing plan b, does anyone really believe that Step 3 will ever come to fruition?  I for one do not believe it for a minute.  If that is the case, then the law will never be fully repealed, thereby making the most onerous part of the law locked in place forever, and that would be what is listed in Step 2.  If #3 does not come to pass, the law will only be based on whatever the HHS Secretary says the law is at the time as stated in #2.  That in and of itself should have been reason enough to rule the law unconstitutional, as there should never be a law that can be so easily changed without going through the legislative process, but it wasn’t.  Therefore, the only way to get rid of this monstrosity is the same way it was forced on us in the first place.  Full repeal through the budget reconciliation process.  Anything less means Obummercare’s survival. The left has bastardized the language so bad, it really will not matter what it is called, but it will still be Obummercare.

Edited by RV ME
  • Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, RV ME said:

That is not what I hear Trump saying.  He is full bore for Ryan’s bill, and regardless of what Ryan says, his bill does not repeal Obammacare.  It is nothing more than a politickal band aid that tweaks the existing law.  IF it was a real repeal, I would be all for it.  As now presented, this will be no more than the latest “fix” to an unsustainable law.  Think of how many times the politicks have “fixed” social security, and tell me if they have ever really fixed it.

"We don't want to own it"

On 3/14/2017 at 0:44 PM, RV ME said:

It sounds good, but there is a fatal flaw that seems to be overlooked.  The plan calls for a 3 step process to repeal the law (proving that the Ryan fix does not repeal the law as he claims), and that is it’s fatal flaw.  In order to buttress my point I harken back to how this POS became law in the first place.

After the 2008 election the Dems were one Senator short of having the 60 seat super majority.  Thanks to the Soros Secretary of State project, MN overturned the election results and awarded the seat to Stewart Smally giving them the super majority.  They thought things were going smoothly until ol Teddy up and died leaving them 1 vote short.  No problems thought the Dems, there will be a special election in MA to replace Kennedy and they were sure it would be another Dem.  Problem was, enough people already did not want Obummercare so the people of MA actually elected a Republican to replace the dead Ted.  That sent the Dems into panic mode and they had to revise their plan and use the budget reconciliation process to pass the law.

Looking at how difficult it was to get 60 votes to pass the law in the first place, and ultimately failing forcing plan b, does anyone really believe that Step 3 will ever come to fruition?  I for one do not believe it for a minute.  If that is the case, then the law will never be fully repealed, thereby making the most onerous part of the law locked in place forever, and that would be what is listed in Step 2.  If #3 does not come to pass, the law will only be based on whatever the HHS Secretary says the law is at the time as stated in #2.  That in and of itself should have been reason enough to rule the law unconstitutional, as there should never be a law that can be so easily changed without going through the legislative process, but it wasn’t.  Therefore, the only way to get rid of this monstrosity is the same way it was forced on us in the first place.  Full repeal through the budget reconciliation process.  Anything less means Obummercare’s survival. The left has bastardized the language so bad, it really will not matter what it is called, but it will still be Obummercare.

Thanks RV... my husband feels the same way.  You're both brilliant!  😘

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, pattyangel said:

Definitely some fatal flaws. I'm with the full repeal!!!  Government has no business in our health care whatsoever.  

Need to get rid of the 3 stooges, Ryan, McConnell and McCain.  

Time to put pressure on your representative.

Careful what you wish for, patty.....that crazy left side seems to be awake now.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious