Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

George W. Bush: US troop pullout from Iraq 'frustrated me'

George W. Bush: US troop pullout from Iraq 'frustrated me'

March 01 2017 10:57 PM
Former US President George W. Bush
Former US President George W. Bush

Former US President George W. Bush said that he was "frustrated" when the US pulled troops out of Iraq in 2011, clearing the way for ISIS to be formed from the remains of Al Qaeda in Iraq, Fox News reported on Wednesday.

"I think what people have got to realize is this bunch of thugs can be defeated, because we did so with the surge," Bush said. "And we can win again."

"I've heard both Presidents [Obama and Trump] say we're going to degrade and defeat ISIS and I say 'go get 'em' because they can be degraded and defeated," Bush added. "It's very important, in my mind, that we do so, so that people know they can rely upon us and the people -- not only governments but people on the ground."

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/7636/George-W-Bush-US-troop-pullout-from-Iraq-frustrated-me

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

Really???  Who signed the Status of Forces Agreement saying our troops had to be out of Iraq by 2011?

Of course, Obama could have negotiated that we stay longer (which he should have, and didn't), but Dubya was the one who set the date for leaving in 2011.

I agree with ya on the first part, but that agreement was an open end one and could have been negotiated with pressure on maliki. What really skrewed that sofa agreement was that obama required it to go through iraq's parliament for approval because he knew it would never pass, and in return he looked like a hero bringing our troops home, but we all know how that story unfolded. ;)

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Floridian said:

Really???  Who signed the Status of Forces Agreement saying our troops had to be out of Iraq by 2011?

Of course, Obama could have negotiated that we stay longer (which he should have, and didn't), but Dubya was the one who set the date for leaving in 2011.

Actually it was the Iraqi Parliament that wanted a termination date in order to pass it, Bush didn't want a termination date. But Obama could have had a sofa but insisted on unlimited immunity, Something Maliki couldn't do and something not given anywhere else in the world for troop levels of that size. Obama knew it  and used it as an excuse to vacate the region as a result gave us ISIS as well.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Floridian said:

Thank you for this information, Mylilpony and WCiappetta.  I didn't know the SOFA had to be approved by Parliament.  I had always heard that Obama wanted to get our troops home to keep a campaign promise and used the immunity thing as an excuse.  

Gotta quit  listening to the Lib media.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Our media stinks. I have not read anything printed or said in this country for years, not very encouraging for the average citizen. 

The only thing you can can count on for sure, is if you are believing anything from any of the news outlets or taking as fact anything politically promoted, you are being played. 

• Upvote 1