Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

White House blocks CNN, BBC, New York Times, LA Times from media briefing

Politico, New York Daily NewsDaily Mail, and BuzzFeed were also denied entry

White-House-News-Briefing.jpg An empty podium is seen as an off camera briefing is held with a group of reporters in Washington DC on February 24, 2017. Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/white-house-blocks-news-outlets-from-media-briefing-a7598641.html

• Upvote 1

Multiple news outlets denied access to White House press briefing

The Guardian, New York Times, CNN and more were barred from ‘gaggle’ hours after Trump once again called much of the media an ‘enemy of American people’

Sabrina Siddiqui in Fort Washington, Maryland

Friday 24 February 2017 21.35 GMT

4644.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=238a2415becab740c3fc575b1cfe8b70
The Q&A session took place off camera before only an ‘expanded pool’ of journalists in Sean Spicer’s West Wing office.
Photograph: Alex Brandon/Associated Press

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/24/media-blocked-white-house-briefing-sean-spicer

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

This is not the way to run America... Every president has been harassed by the media. You cannot hide, that isn't the answer. The media will not submit to Totalitarian  tactics.

B/A

Trump is not hiding.....he is merely limiting there access to info they can spin and mold into some Fake News Store to make him look bad. Cropping pictures of Hillarious campian events to make them look huge while posting the day before pic's of a Trump event with no one there.

You don't get a place at the Adult Table into you can earn it, prove you have manners and respect....CNN and the rest have a long way to go to be even considered for the Adult Table,

Just my opinion.

Karsten

• Upvote 5

So the NY Times says this has never happened before?  Apparently they forgot the times when they were invited by Obummer for limited off camera briefings when other news organizations were not invited. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/04/us/politics/calculated-candor-inside-obamas-off-the-record-briefings.html?smid=tw-share&referer=https://t.co/EPwnlJYwse 

And look who was in attendance ABC, CBS, Bloomberg, and McClatchy.  Hard to claim avoiding the liberal press with that lineup.  RV ME

Ex-Bush spokesman: 'Media should calm down' on limited WH briefing

Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said Friday that "media should calm down" after the Trump White House blocked several news organizations from a question-and-answer session.

"Calm down everyone," Fleischer, who served as former President George W. Bush’s top spokesman, tweeted. He added that press secretaries should brief all reporters, but noted that the White House staff often meets with "who they want."

He also called on media to "stop hyperventilating" after The New York Times' top editor slammed the White House's decision to exclude multiple outlets, including the Times, from the off-camera press "gaggle."

White House press secretary Sean Spicer decided to hold the gaggle with reporters inside his West Wing office instead of the traditional on-camera media briefing inside the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room.

The Times’s executive editor Dean Baquet blasted the move, saying in a statement “nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history.”

"Free media access to a transparent government is obviously of crucial national importance," he said.

President Trump has repeatedly feuded with the Times, accusing its coverage of bias against him and his administration. Trump has also singled out BuzzFeed and CNN, two other outlets which were absent from Friday’s gaggle.

Other outlets barred from Friday's meeting included Politico, The Hill, the Daily Mail, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News.

Spicer allowed journalists from several right-leaning outlets, including Breitbart, the Washington Times and One America News Network. Major news organizations present included Bloomberg, McClatchy, ABC News, CBS News and Fox News.

Reporters for The Associated Press and Time magazine were granted access but refused to attend the gaggle based on how it was handled.

Trump derided the media earlier Friday during his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference, vowing his administration is battling “fake news.”

“I called the fake news the enemy of the people,” he told listeners at National Harbor, Md. "They are the enemy of the people because they have no sources.

“They just make them up when they are none. I’m not against the media. I’m not against the press. I’m against the people that make up stories and make up sources."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/321079-ex-press-secretary-defends-wh-media-exclusions

• Upvote 4

President Trump doesn't have to put up with the SOB's.....I say f_______k them all..............Read between the lines........

All they did and all they ever have done is to lie to us ! If that's what y'all want to hear, turn them on and listen to their one sided fake , sponsored news (by the Lefty's and big corporations) that don't give a Shiite about you or anyone else , other than to make you a sheep ready for slaughter ! All I can say to you stupid idiots....Give us a reason and we can ease your pain ! The last civil war was nothing ! America has now been liberated ! It's no longer the North against the South, it's the 10 commandments in our schools and libraries and Court Houses. All of you sorry SOB'S that took it away are going to be cast to Hell...... God's speed ! And may God bless those of us who will carry out his will. God bless America !

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

This is not the way to run America... Every president has been harassed by the media. You cannot hide, that isn't the answer. The media will not submit to Totalitarian  tactics.

B/A

Really, how did you come to that conclusion "totalitarian"  Joining the media in distorting the actual facts are you. Throwing your two cents to cause an uproar, you will lose the ball game.    Media wants to play dirty ball, then they deserved to be kicked on the team. 

Be honest and truthful, and just maybe they will be included in the ball game.  Nobody wants a cry, whiny baby on the team. Your missing the whole point.  Honesty and truthful is what this is all about. 

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, umbertino said:

Multiple news outlets denied access to White House press briefing

The Guardian, New York Times, CNN and more were barred from ‘gaggle’ hours after Trump once again called much of the media an ‘enemy of American people’

Sabrina Siddiqui in Fort Washington, Maryland

Friday 24 February 2017 21.35 GMT

4644.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=238a2415becab740c3fc575b1cfe8b70
The Q&A session took place off camera before only an ‘expanded pool’ of journalists in Sean Spicer’s West Wing office.
Photograph: Alex Brandon/Associated Press

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/24/media-blocked-white-house-briefing-sean-spicer

If they want to know what happened there, they can get the information on the nooz....LOLOL

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

I was going to tear into you for your deception but I suspect that you are truly so blind as to actually think that by not letting CERTAIN media with extraordinarily hateful rhetoric into a press conference is hiding, EXCEPT that    everyone else did get in. I know that you are a good person but this is pure deceitfulness on your part and you're better than that. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I was going to tear into you for your deception but I suspect that you are truly so blind as to actually think that by not letting CERTAIN media with extraordinarily hateful rhetoric into a press conference is hiding, EXCEPT that    everyone else did get in. I know that you are a good person but this is pure deceitfulness on your part and you're better than that. 

I'm thinking that BA is part of the media netwierd, :P  its "pure deceitfulness." I too thought she was better than that.  I guess I was deceive in thinking otherwise.  :confused: another one eats sour grapes.  Sorry RV ME, I stole your line, it works for me.  ;)

• Upvote 3

I have been watching CNN for several years and never seen or heard so much disgusting crap coming from them till the election was over with. From morning till dinner time they a constant run of panelists all agreeing with the moderator on what viable Trump has done this day.

The worst part is, is that CNN repeats everything over and over. It is like they are trying to brainwash the public. Well it is not going to work on me. It is all about ratings and the dirty news the put on about Trump. Bite me CNN

From here on out i will refer CNN.  As the

Communist News Network 

Edited by Seabee
My I-Pad locked up on the last sentence and posted on it's own
  • Upvote 1