Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Would You Invest In Iraq ?

DinarThug

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, Jaygo said:

If you get some info let me know!!

please!

Jaygo, I'll help out you a little. Karmal is a broker in Iraq that everyone I've talked to is very satisfied with. He will send you all the information needed to get into the ISX. I will warn you now it is a little time consuming but will be worth the trouble one day. This is the broker I would use if all my money wasn't tied up in Warka Bank.

Good Luck

order@isx-karmal.com

ann@isx-karmal.com

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DoD said:

Jaygo, I'll help out you a little. Karmal is a broker in Iraq that everyone I've talked to is very satisfied with. He will send you all the information needed to get into the ISX. I will warn you now it is a little time consuming but will be worth the trouble one day. This is the broker I would use if all my money wasn't tied up in Warka Bank.

Good Luck

order@isx-karmal.com

ann@isx-karmal.com

Thank you sir

4 hours ago, Starrider said:

O'Hell NO

Seriously??? When the smart phone came out in the USA, how much money did the companies that make those phones gross? Just in the first 5 years Billions! Think if you owned stock in those companies before the smart phone came out. Now because of the big boom those stocks have doubled. Some tripled. 

You are going to wish you owned stock in some off these phone, internet and car manufacturers once these people have money to spend. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Jaygo said:

Seriously??? When the smart phone came out in the USA, how much money did the companies that make those phones gross? Just in the first 5 years Billions! Think if you owned stock in those companies before the smart phone came out. Now because of the big boom those stocks have doubled. Some tripled. 

You are going to wish you owned stock in some off these phone, internet and car manufacturers once these people have money to spend. 

I do have a butt load of Apple and AT&T, I got in the divorce I've have both this for about 15yrs now and I'm not touching it. it split and split and split many times but I wont invest directly.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, boosterbglee said:

At one time I thought the Kurdistan region would be a potential investment target, but as squirrely as they are........I think I'm done with Iraq...after you know what! :confused2:

I third that! Take the money and run the opposite direction....

• Upvote 2

EMERGING MARKETS

Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step

7 Hours AgoCNBC.com
SHARES

Baghdad
Phototreat | iStock/360 | Getty Images
Baghdad

War-torn Iraq recently got an unexpected boost on its way to becoming an investment hot spot, which may take its next step sooner than conventional wisdom suggests.

Even as military forces wage a fierce offensive against ISIS, global ratings agency Fitch upgraded last month Iraq's outlook to stable, based largely on the country's improving public finances.

To be sure, Iraq's B+ credit rating is still deeply entrenched in speculative, or junk territory. The low rating reflects what Fitch analysts called political risk and instability associated with the conflict-ridden country that's "among the highest faced by any sovereign rated by Fitch."

Yet as a marker for big institutional buyers like hedge funds and sovereign wealth arms, Fitch's vote of confidence could mark the start of a broader shift among investors about Iraq's long-term potential. The upgrade could be pivotal for a country still considered besieged, but considered by a handful of savvy market watchers to be a potential diamond in the rough.

"Some analysts say that investors believe that with solid oil reserves and other sectors to build upon, Iraq could have serious growth potential," said Stephen Simonis Sr., chief currency consultant at online currency broker FXDD Global.

"Clearly this can be looked at from either side, as the willing investor will point out the huge risk/reward possibility as the upside is very enticing," Simonis told CNBC. "The doubting investor will say the region remains too unstable and the situation remains far too volatile."

Kurdish Peshmerga forces advance in the east of Mosul to attack Islamic State militants, October 17, 2016.
Azad Lashkari | Reuters
Kurdish Peshmerga forces advance in the east of Mosul to attack Islamic State militants, October 17, 2016.

Iraq remains a country to approach with caution, analysts say, roiled by an ISIS insurgency and civil strife. Yet Fitch's revised outlook could be a green light for buyers of Iraq's assets, especially at a time when smaller institutional and private investors are seeking long-term opportunities.

In fact, Iraq's stock market has already been running with at full steam since at least last year, with investors discounting an end to a bloody conflict that's lasted since the 2003 invasion. Some are looking ahead to the reallocation of military spending and the potential boost to infrastructure spending and economic revival.

While foreigners have been mostly absent from the equity market for the month of March, some are already looking for signs that the Fitch decision could reverse this dynamic.

"Overall, foreign interest in Iraq continues to go through a transformational change in the eyes of global institutional investors," Ahmed Tabaqchali, chief investment officer of Asia Frontier Capitals Iraq Fund, told CNBC.

In fact, Iraq's sovereign risk premium has narrowed in an environment of rising yields, just after the country tapped capital markets with a second $1 billion bond offering.

"It seems logical to conclude that this implies favorable interest in Iraq and that it would likely be followed by foreign direct investment and eventually by equity inflows," Tabaqchali said.

Although Iraq joined other OPEC members in a production cut — a challenge for the country's oil-reliant economy — some analysts believe the oil sector is managing to stay afloat in an environment of lower prices.

— Reuters contributed to this article.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/30/outlook-upgrade-could-help-push-iraqs-economic-evolution-to-its-next-step.html

Edited by bkeiller
  • Upvote 1

The article states, "Even as military forces wage a fierce offensive against ISIS, global ratings agency Fitch upgraded last month Iraq's outlook to stable, based largely on the country's improving public finances.

To be sure, Iraq's B+ credit rating is still deeply entrenched in speculative, or junk territory. The low rating reflects what Fitch analysts called political risk and instability associated with the conflict-ridden country that's "among the highest faced by any sovereign rated by Fitch."

Yet as a marker for big institutional buyers like hedge funds and sovereign wealth arms, Fitch's vote of confidence could mark the start of a broader shift among investors about Iraq's long-term potential. The upgrade could be pivotal for a country still considered besieged, but considered by a handful of savvy market watchers to be a potential diamond in the rough."

And

"While foreigners have been mostly absent from the equity market for the month of March, some are already looking for signs that the Fitch decision could reverse this dynamic.

"Overall, foreign interest in Iraq continues to go through a transformational change in the eyes of global institutional investors," Ahmed Tabaqchali, chief investment officer of Asia Frontier Capitals Iraq Fund, told CNBC.

In fact, Iraq's sovereign risk premium has narrowed in an environment of rising yields, just after the country tapped capital markets with a second $1 billion bond offering.

"It seems logical to conclude that this implies favorable interest in Iraq and that it would likely be followed by foreign direct investment and eventually by equity inflows," Tabaqchali said."

This opinion piece, or whatever it is, is so full of GOOD NEWS!!!   :goodnews:   :goodnews:   :goodnews:

What is Fitch doing upgrading Iraq's credit rating ONE MONTH LATER???!!! Hmmmmmmm.................................are the other credit agencies also going to give Iraq an improved credit rating on a "blow by blow" basis also?

I really can't say any more good than what the article has stated except.........................

:backflip:          :backflip:          :backflip:

And..........................................

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1