Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Raising the Iraqi dinar to the forefront again

dinareffic

4 hours ago, secure1 said:

Good morning everyone, I haven't posted in quite some time and hope this will be the last one. I have been in this investment just over 4 years now but my parade got rained on last week when my 19 year old poodle (my best friend) passed away. I am devastated and no RV will make the pain of losing my friend go away. My only hope is that I can get some of my own land very soon to bury him in. He's in the freezer like a Thanksgiving turkey poor thing. On top of that I am penny less with no job. Life really sucks right now for me, I sure could use some relief. Thanks for being an ear to hear. Peace

I haven't posted as much but I've been in this for 8 years... of which 7  toughest years of my life but to become stronger is worth the fight. The victory is awaited for...it will come & so will more dogs :P  Prayers 

• Upvote 7

19 hours ago, dinarbeleiver said:

I am not allowed to due to my past behaviour but I think I have been good now. I will send him an email as it is something I want

Good stuff. VIP Is not focused on the US or being a US citizen. It is a global approach for wealth management. By the way was in London years ago and my son did a semester at LSE. He loved London. 

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, deniscanada said:

the banks in Canada currency buy sell rates are anywhere from 1/2 to 1 1/2 percent depending on what financial institution or currency Trader you're dealing with. The dinar currency Traders take anywhere from 10 to 15% buy sell rate..

Canadian capital gains tax is one of the lowest you’ll ever pay

November 29, 2016|

There are three forms of investment income in Canada: interest, dividends and capital gains. Each is taxed differently. Here’s a reminder of how smart investors use their knowledge of taxation rates, especially tax on capital gains, to protect their returns.

With stocks, you only pay capital gains tax when you sell or “realize” the increase in the value of the stock over and above what you paid for it. (Although mutual funds generally pass on their realized capital gains each year.)

Several years ago, the Canadian government cut the capital gains inclusion rate (the percentage of gains you need to “take into income”) from 75% to 50%.

For example, if an investor purchases stock for $1,000 and then sells that stock for $2,000, then they will have a $1,000 capital gain. Investors pay Canadian capital gains tax on 50% of the capital gain amount. This means that if you earn $1,000 in capital gains, and you are in the highest tax bracket in, say, Ontario (53.53%), you will pay $267.60 in Canadian capital gains tax on the $1,000 in gains.

http://www.tsinetwork.ca/daily-advice/how-to-invest/canadian-capital-gains-tax-the-cheapest-tax-you-will-ever-pay/

roughly speaking it's about 25% of your gains. personally I haven't bought any dinar in the last 7 years. I knew it was going nowhere fast. remember it is Iraq. I wasn't going to hold my breath on this one.:o

If I am not mistaken Canada also only taxes income made in Canada. So if you live out side of Canada you only pay tax on revenue, such as income from rental property from Canada, but not income from money made in the US.  

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, secure1 said:

Good morning everyone, I haven't posted in quite some time and hope this will be the last one. I have been in this investment just over 4 years now but my parade got rained on last week when my 19 year old poodle (my best friend) passed away. I am devastated and no RV will make the pain of losing my friend go away. My only hope is that I can get some of my own land very soon to bury him in. He's in the freezer like a Thanksgiving turkey poor thing. On top of that I am penny less with no job. Life really sucks right now for me, I sure could use some relief. Thanks for being an ear to hear. Peace

Secure one I am a dog lover and have a fifteen year old ankle biter, but keeping your dead dog in the freezer is downright strange. Please bury the dog and go seek help, just sayin

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

If I am not mistaken Canada also only taxes income made in Canada. So if you live out side of Canada you only pay tax on revenue, such as income from rental property from Canada, but not income from money made in the US.  

that poses an interesting question!! thanx I'll have to ask my Tax Adviser when I get back from holidays.

He was a forensic tax auditor for 25 years with CRA. Now he's a Tax Adviser in private practice for the last 15 years. 

Edited by deniscanada
added text
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Regarding the article...."Raising the Iraqi dinar to the forefront again".  The one thing that really stood out about this particular post even though it is an opinion piece, it is that we have been fortunate enough to see what the educated professionals are ultimately thinking.  Even though they are economists, if they are articulating this, then we have some excellent insight into what may seem to be a reasonable benchmark for a value.  

Since the SIGR report, this article is the most recent time stamp (dated February 20, 2017) we have been graced with, seeing into the mind set of educated professionals and it is as close to being told where they should theoretically introduce the rate at.  Additionally their countries own economists should be well versed in the inner workings of CBI policies, reserves, and the overall restructuring of their current monetary/economic reforms so as to be able to support this theory/concept.  It provides a similar benchmark as the 2012 SIGR report which is around the dollar give or take.  It is great affirmation as 5 years have lapsed since the SIGR report.  This report presented by the economists is simply STUNNING!!!!

Thanks for your input Botzwana,

The Educated Iraqi citizen is the one holding the most dinar ( Chunky Cash)

Go liberation of Mosul 

Go RV

• Upvote 5

On 2/20/2017 at 6:13 PM, Shedagal said:

Several years ago, there was a DV member named ExecConsult who is a tax attorney.  There was much discussion as to whether the RV would be taxed as cap gains or ordinary income.  He deemed it was going to be ordinary income, although he had written the IRS to challenge that.  Here is one of the threads.  The first post is someone thinking it is cap gains.  ExecConsult replies midway on the first page. 

By all means, if you are not VIP/OSI, please use a CPA or tax attorney to get your information. 

Thanks for the link shedagal. I read ExecConsult back on the peoples site years ago and had forgotten what he brought to the table. 

At this point, I'll be glad to be in the position, finally, to have to pay my share of the taxes!

Speaking of that 'other' site, anyone know where it went? I just get an error code when I try...

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2017 at 10:05 AM, secure1 said:

I'm really sorry about the loss of your poodle. Losing our pets can be so painful and I totally understand your grief, Been there with my beloved German Schnauzer and even though it has been 10 years since we lost her, I still miss her. God Bless. 

• Upvote 1