Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IF RV is close--WHY dealers STILL selling??

Siaya

Great question I can only imagine they still need more eye coming ignore but then why because they just sold billions of dollars of bonds.  so I would say it's not ready to happen yet for a while ...the quicker than better for Iraq they need to go forward now not later

• Upvote 2

I know I am not always the brightest bulb in the box, but I have one opinion if you don't mind hearing me out. Like some retailers that sell certain items like say like a line of clothing they are sold on consignment, which means if the lot of clothing is not sold then the manufacturer takes them back. In the case of a currency dealer, when they no longer can sell any more for whatever reason, then the Central Bank can take the currency back. The dealer has made his money on selling the Dinar and my not be allowed to keep any for himself as per regulations of the Central Bank.

i learned this many years ago after traveling to a foreign country on a vacation and asked this question of a currency dealer. I was told it was a consignment issue. I don't know if the IQD is handled this way, but it is something to comptemplate. 

Any other takers on this.?

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Seabee said:

I know I am not always the brightest bulb in the box, but I have one opinion if you don't mind hearing me out. Like some retailers that sell certain items like say like a line of clothing they are sold on consignment, which means if the lot of clothing is not sold then the manufacturer takes them back. In the case of a currency dealer, when they no longer can sell any more for whatever reason, then the Central Bank can take the currency back. The dealer has made his money on selling the Dinar and my not be allowed to keep any for himself as per regulations of the Central Bank.

i learned this many years ago after traveling to a foreign country on a vacation and asked this question of a currency dealer. I was told it was a consignment issue. I don't know if the IQD is handled this way, but it is something to comptemplate. 

Any other takers on this.?

I  like your take on this Seabee... and agree.

Also... the question about "being close" is much too presumptuous.  Who is saying it is close? 

... So with that, the other answer is simply... NO ONE knows WHEN it will occur, or whether it is CLOSE or not!  So... dealers simply continue with business as usual.  That's how they make their money... every day.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Also... the question about "being close" is much too presumptuous.  Who is saying it is close? 

... So with that, the other answer is simply... NO ONE knows WHEN it will occur, or whether it is CLOSE or not!  So... dealers simply continue with business as usual.  That's how they make their money... every day.

I as well like your thinking on this. As for me I have heard anything other on if we are close. It could be next week or in the next five years. One can only hope. I have many many Dinar stashed away in the bank. At least I didn't go into debt buying them. 

Good luck.

Maybe it is Luigi. LOL

Dave.....AKA......(Seabee)

• Upvote 5

The answer is very simple to the question why don't they stop selling it an just hoard it. You can't make any money if you hoard it... hello, see how simple that was.

The Dinar after it's international recognized will be traded on the open market, everyone's heard of the FOREX haven't they. Would you believe the US Dollar is still bought an sold everyday. These dealers will continue to sell the Dinar after the RV just as their doing now, will they make as much trading after the RV, NO...

• Upvote 1

hey seebee just a little side note you say stashed   away at the  Bank ,the Goverment can freeze your bank box for whatever excuse they come up with in these uncertain times I would not have a bank box, I have read about some cases where the people have went back to get something out of there safety deposit box it wasan't there? Now the burden and the loss is on you,the box isan"t insured and you have no proof , and especially when this thing pops easy pickings for some one in the bank high enough to get into these boxes,just sayin' if you don't hold it, you don't own it.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, crane said:

hey seebee just a little side note you say stashed   away at the  Bank ,the Goverment can freeze your bank box for whatever excuse they come up with in these uncertain times I would not have a bank box, I have read about some cases where the people have went back to get something out of there safety deposit box it wasan't there? Now the burden and the loss is on you,the box isan"t insured and you have no proof , and especially when this thing pops easy pickings for some one in the bank high enough to get into these boxes,just sayin' if you don't hold it, you don't own it.

Conspiracy nonsense

• Downvote 3

On 2/17/2017 at 11:26 AM, DoD said:

The answer is very simple to the question why don't they stop selling it an just hoard it. You can't make any money if you hoard it... hello, see how simple that was.

The Dinar after it's international recognized will be traded on the open market, everyone's heard of the FOREX haven't they. Would you believe the US Dollar is still bought an sold everyday. These dealers will continue to sell the Dinar after the RV just as their doing now, will they make as much trading after the RV, NO...

DoD has it right. You could say the same thing of gold dealers, silver dealers, stock brokers, baseball card stores. 

If a stock is going to go up why doesn't a company keep it all for themselves? If silver or gold is historically going to go up why don't the dealers hoard it? If baseball cards become more collectible why don't sellers sit on them for the next 40 years and reap the payday?

Businesses who are brokers or dealers are not in the business of sitting on things, they are in the business of flipping things and making a small margin, not waiting for a "maybe" pay day down the road. 

While I don't see the dinar revaluing this isn't really good logic as to why it won't happen, there's plenty of good reasons why it won't but this isnt one of them. It's because they are in the business of buying and selling as any dealer or sales business is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, rambo12354 said:

My opinion, in most cases the currency is not housed at the exchangers, you order it, it's rerouted to the Goverment everyone get its cut and you get your currency delivered by the Goverment. just saying!

The government has nothing to do with foreign currencies. I see a lot of people talking about how the Treasury supplies dealers with Dinar or other currency. I used to work for TCF bank, the money comes from private companies like Travelex, Deutch Bank, etc,  not the government. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, numimaticmat said:

DoD has it right. You could say the same thing of gold dealers, silver dealers, stock brokers, baseball card stores. 

If a stock is going to go up why doesn't a company keep it all for themselves? If silver or gold is historically going to go up why don't the dealers hoard it? If baseball cards become more collectible why don't sellers sit on them for the next 40 years and reap the payday?

Businesses who are brokers or dealers are not in the business of sitting on things, they are in the business of flipping things and making a small margin, not waiting for a "maybe" pay day down the road. 

While I don't see the dinar revaluing this isn't really good logic as to why it won't happen, there's plenty of good reasons why it won't but this isnt one of them. It's because they are in the business of buying and selling as any dealer or sales business is. 

"While I don't see the dinar revaluing this isn't really good logic as to why it won't happen, there's plenty of good reasons why it won't but this isnt one of them."

You're right that there's plenty of good reasons why there won't be an RV but wrong that dealers selling them is not one of them.  This is one of the strongest arguments of fact against the plausibility of an RV.  

First: You cannot say the same about gold dealers, silver dealers, stock brokers and baseball card stores. Except for the last these financial operations require strict SEC and FINRA oversight and for the broker-dealer to possess a Series 7 license with full disclosure that these investments are speculative and you can lose all your money. How do Dinar Dealers get around this? They Register with the US Treasury as an MSB (Money Services Business).  An MSB registration is nothing more than a form they file; it does not reflect any experience in trading currency nor entail any qualifications on the part of the dealer, other than basic anti-money laundering requirements. The reason dealers seek this registration is to lend legitimacy to their scam and avoid more stringent regulation. Dinar dealers are merely selling collectibles.  I won't even comment on Baseball cards.  As if.

Second: These legitimate brokers would not hoard stocks or precious metals even if they thought or advised they were going up because it is very speculative and the margins are not 1166 to 1 nor the 'promise' of a 100,000% return or 'virtual guarantee' and 'sure to appreciate' which are phrases Dinar Dealers use to lure the unsuspecting and gullible public. These brokers also offer a real entrance and conduit to the investing world to the masses.  Dinar dealers are not financial brokers and cannot sell you anything but collectibles and pipe dreams.

Third: Dinar Dealers will not continue trading dinar if the dinar ever went to FOREX which is highly doubtful.  And why? Because they will not have the license, experience or the capital to do so.  And of course they could not get their obscene 20% a side mark up if traded on FOREX.  Currency margins are extremely narrow to one-hundredths of a cent and hundreds of millions need to be traded to make a difference and the broker to make a profit.  Currency trading is not for the masses which is absurdly speculative and nearly unpredictable. It is for governments and huge multi-national corporations to use to hedge their bets on future currency swings to protect trade.

Fourth: Of course dinar dealers would be hoarding dinar if they really believed there was an impending RV which they more than imply in order to get sales.  But they know there will not be an RV nor do they wish for one because then they'd be out of business.  The only currency they know will make them rich is the mighty US Dollar which they are making boatloads by gouging the public with their insane markups for a worthless dinar that is not even a collectible.  But why do they do it?  Because they can and there is a market for it on the internet and its dinar hype.  And they will continue to sell it indefinitely because they will never run out of 'customers' and there will never be an RV.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

"gouging the public" .....no it's what the market will bare.....pretty common theory for some to grasp

Uh, that's what I said. There is an obvious market which will never end due to, and again, for the slowest of learners among us, because they (dinar dealers) will never run out of 'customers' and there will never be an RV. Just because you and others are willing sheep to be fleeced (gouged) by exorbitant commissions does not mean there isn't a market for the dinar. The commission margin = the amount of fervor and gullibility, which couldn't be higher.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Again for the slowest of the slow...."gouging" in this case is only embedded in ones small equivalent  of a brain. If I have a product and lets just say YOU what to purchase said product. You have just created a market for said product. I on the other seeing that, determine a price that I feel is fair to ME. You then have a choice....buy...or don't buy. If no other person offers interest..I have the choice to lower said price. Nothing new...been going on since beginning of time. Tough to grasp....I know (for some with an axe to grind)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Again for the slowest of the slow...."gouging" in this case is only embedded in ones small equivalent  of a brain. If I have a product and lets just say YOU what to purchase said product. You have just created a market for said product. I on the other seeing that, determine a price that I feel is fair to ME. You then have a choice....buy...or don't buy. If no other person offers interest..I have the choice to lower said price. Nothing new...been going on since beginning of time. Tough to grasp....I know (for some with an axe to grind)

You may be missing the fact that you tout this travesty as a legitimate financial investment.  If it is legit then these are not valid markups for brokers selling financial instruments. The most you would ever pay is 10% for futures, options commodities.  However, if the investment is a fraudulent event foisted by dinar dealers than, of course, it is not only justified, or market bearable but you also deserve the gouging or the "Thank you ma'am, may I have another", treatment you are now receiving and enjoying. 

Edited by caddyshack
spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

So now this is NOT a "legitimate" investment. If there is legal cap on how much a dealer can make....why hasn't any of them been charged for "gouging"?  - LOL if it wasn't so sad

It never was a legitimate investment, obviously. At least a financial investment as recognized by the standard and legitimate business world. Now if you look at it as the same as buying baseball cards so you can trade dinar notes with your friends well sure.  Have fun.  There is no legal cap. Competition keeps it where it is.  Dinar dealers have monopoly on your wallet and mind.

• Downvote 4

LOL- u a comedy writer for Carrot Top? No wonder his career is at an all time high-lol "it was never a legitimate investment"...ummm banks sold it...and it got plenty of play on tv. Maybe not legitimate to you is what you should have said. Again has ANYONE been charged with "gouging"? "competition keeps it where it is"...uhhh duh. The price is set by the seller....can't afford it....don't buy.

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Jaxinjersey said:

I agree.. how close is close.. some say it could have been done before many times over and with that in mind ill off my couple of dinars worth.. this could go on for ages yet.the iraqi people have livedvrigid restrictions for years with very little and no stability that the accepted norm of worthless currency and fear and insecurity  and lack of goods and services that form average iraqi's daily life is the norm. I guess at least money reform is on the sgends now. I just wonder now as this year is progressing into March if there will ever be an RV of the currency  this year or next.. 

I would like to think i am on an investment winner but doubts have crept in that my investment is a dead deal ..

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Upvote 1

On 2/21/2017 at 4:38 PM, caz1104 said:

LOL- u a comedy writer for Carrot Top? No wonder his career is at an all time high-lol "it was never a legitimate investment"...ummm banks sold it...and it got plenty of play on tv. Maybe not legitimate to you is what you should have said. Again has ANYONE been charged with "gouging"? "competition keeps it where it is"...uhhh duh. The price is set by the seller....can't afford it....don't buy.

I guess it depends how we define an investment. I'm sure the banker didn't tell you that you were buying an investment. They were simply conducting a currency exchange for you, if your purpose for buying was speculating on the future value great but the bank didn't sell you an investment.

Many people bought beanie babies banking on paying for their kids college fund with them. The beanie baby stores was selling a stuffed animal, not an investment, however many people bought speculating on the future value. 

You could even liken it to bitcoins, many call it an investment while others call it idiots buying play money. 

As far as what we consider a "legitimate" investment is up for debate. Iv'e bought stocks that have lost me more than the Dinar and that would be by most people considered legitimate.

My point being when we buy currency were not buying an invesmtetn, were purchasing currency or doing a currency exchange. If we believe that will go up or were speculating cool but Chase bank or wells Fargo or City or whomever it may be  is not selling us an investment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1