Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Christian Militia Group Warns Sunnis Living In Christian Iraqi Town: Get Out Or Face Massacre

SocalDinar

Christian Militia Group Warns Sunnis Living In Christian Iraqi Town: Get Out Or Face Massacre

Hazel Torres 14 February 2017

S

iraqi-christian-fighter.jpg?w=760&h=495&l=50&t=40

An Iraqi Christian militia fighter aims his rifle at an outpost of the Christian Mobilization militia in northern Iraq.Reuters

"Get out of this town or face a massacre."

It was a warning like no other. While Islamist extremists have distinguished themselves for their savagery, this particular warning did not come from them.

The threat came from a Christian group, called the Christian Mobilization militia, which is part of the Shia-dominated Popular Mobilization Forces paramilitary organisation, based in the northern Assyrian town of Tel Keppe in northern Iraq, the Middle East Monitor (MEMO) reported.

Moreover, the warning issued last week was addressed to Sunni Arab tribesmen who live in the town. They were given 72 hours to get out or else face annihilation.

Salman Esso Habba, the head of the Christian militia, claimed that the town of Tel Keppe belongs only to Christians. He said Christian homes and rights could no longer be usurped by the Sunnis, who he claimed occupied the town following the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq that ousted President Saddam Hussein in 2003.

Advertisement

For his warning and territorial claims, Habba drew the condemnation of Sabah Al-Mukhtar, a legal expert and head of the U.K.-based Arab Lawyers Network. Al-Mukhtar said Habba is actually threatening to commit genocide against the Sunnis, which he said is "disgraceful."

"He is threatening [the Sunni tribes] not because of what they have done, but because of who they are. That is the definition of genocide from a legal perspective," Al-Mukhtar told MEMO.

He warned that the threat, once carried out, would backfire on the Christians because they are still the minority in the area.

Christian Assyrian communities have already repudiated Christian militias in the region, saying their actions could threaten future peaceful coexistence with other religious communities in Iraq.

Last year, Patriarch Mar Luis Rafael, head of the Patriarchate of the Chaldean Church, issued a statement, saying they have "no near or far relations with the Babylonian Brigades [a Christian militia] or any other armed Christian factions."

The threat from the Christian militia came about three months after representatives from a number of Assyrian, Chaldean and Syriac political parties agreed to unite their military forces to fight the Islamic State.

In their joint statement released last November, the parties vowed to keep the Nineveh Plain free from conflicts, noting that the region and its inhabitants have already suffered enough as a result of these conflicts.

The agreement reportedly marked the first step to unify all Christian forces under one leadership.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/christian.militia.group.warns.sunnis.living.in.christian.iraqi.town.get.out.or.face.massacre/104691.htm

• Upvote 4

VIDEO: Iraqi Christian militia reportedly threaten to ethnically cleanse Sunni Arabs

#IraqatWar

The leader of the Christian Mobilisation militia reportedly threatened to "dispose of" Sunni Arab tribes if they did not vacate a town near Mosul

000_ja7ve%20%282%29.jpg
MEE staff's picture
Friday 10 February 2017 22:43 UTC
Last update: 
Monday 13 February 2017 13:38 UTC
 122 159googleplus1 282

A leader of an Iraqi Christian militia reportedly threatened last week to “dispose of” Sunni Arab tribes in the northern town of Tel Kayf near the war-ravaged city of Mosul if they did not leave the area, according to the Middle East Monitor (MEMO). 

Salman Esso Habba of the 'Christian Mobilisation' militia, a faction within the mainly Shia Popular Mobilisation Units (PMU), warned the town's Sunni Arabs to vacate by last Friday, asserting that Tel Kayf's homes belonged exclusively to Christians, MEMO reported on Wednesday.

In his speech Habba is also reported to have said that Christians’ homes and rights would no longer be usurped, which he alleged had occurred following the US-led invasion that ousted former President Saddam Hussein in 2003. 

“In a democratic system, no city, town or village is closed off to any citizen, no matter their background. Apart from the fact that Sunni Arab tribes have been in and around Mosul for over a thousand years, no one should be able to dictate who lives where. I’m not surprised [Habba] has turned to sectarianism considering the company he keeps within the Hashd Al-Sha’abi [PMU]," Ahmad Al-Mahmoud, an analyst at the London-based Iraq monitoring organisation Foreign Relations Bureau of Iraq, told MEMO

Also speaking to MEMO was Sabah Al-Mukhtar, head of the UK-based Arab Lawyers Network and a legal expert, who said that Habba's comments amount to "threatening genocide."

“He is threatening [the Sunni tribes] not because of what they have done, but because of who they are. That is the definition of genocide from a legal perspective," Al-Mukhtar argued. 

Christian communities in Iraq have already distanced themselves from armed Christian militias, recognising that their actions could endanger their fragile peaceful coexistence with Iraq’s other religious communities.

In a statement released last year, the Patriarchate of the Chaldean Church stated that they have “no near or far relations with the Babylonian Brigades [a Christian militia] or any other armed Christian factions," according to MEMO. 

Last month, Amnesty International reported that Iraq's Popular Mobilisation Units (PMUs) were engaged in a "systematic pattern of violations," including enforced disappearances, torture and unlawful killings targeting the Sunni community. 

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/video-iraqi-christian-militia-reportedly-threaten-ethnically-cleanse-sunni-arabs-1071311390

• Upvote 5

SD Thanks,  DV,  This is not a good sign for the Christian Militia Group to be doing this crap to the Sunni's or any other Tribal group.   They need to get this National Settlement / Reconciliation moved up and approved and signed this week....:D  This sectarian divide issue has to be resolved before anymore "Money" is given to Iraq & KRG.

GO National Settlement!!

GO Liberation Of Mosul!!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tigergorzow said:

SD Thanks,  DV,  This is not a good sign for the Christian Militia Group to be doing this crap to the Sunni's or any other Tribal group.   They need to get this National Settlement / Reconciliation moved up and approved and signed this week....:D  This sectarian divide issue has to be resolved before anymore "Money" is given to Iraq & KRG.

GO National Settlement!!

GO Liberation Of Mosul!!

You are very correct Tiger. 1 step forward but 25 steps back I am afraid.  :(

pp

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ChuckFinley said:

Like I said in a thread earlier. If they are not fighting someone outside of Iraq they are fighting among themselves. I see this and I want an RV and run. 

Mr Finley, you and I are on the same page. I will be honest, I am in this for me and me only. I do admit it pains me to see innocent people killed, but actually ? Come the end of the day, I cash out and forget I ever heard of Iraq.

Just being honest. +1 one bud for an honest post.

pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Mr Finley, you and I are on the same page. I will be honest, I am in this for me and me only. I do admit it pains me to see innocent people killed, but actually ? Come the end of the day, I cash out and forget I ever heard of Iraq.

Just being honest. +1 one bud for an honest post.

pp

Right back at you. The ride has been rough.  

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Religious wars are as old as history... it is a sad part of human history and will never change.

B/A

It is what allowed for technological advancements in history to occur. Nothing stimulates creativity more than the fear of being killed and having your children raped and murdered by an invading force, also why propaganda exists. So now we will have to see if the tables begin turning once again.

propaganda-media-controls-us.jpg

On 2/14/2017 at 0:48 PM, bostonangler said:

WWJS? I don't think this is what he had in mind for his followers.. JMHO

B/A

Jesus, commands all Christians to own a sword, if they would have guns in those days he would have said gun. We are to protect ourselves against all evil! The Christians are not on the offense. The muslims are! They (muslims) are a very evil, sorry lot that needs addressing! The only thing these devils understand is violence. They asked for it, now its time to give it to them! JMHO :salute:

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Artitech said:

Jesus, commands all Christians to own a sword, if they would have guns in those days he would have said gun. We are to protect ourselves against all evil! The Christians are not on the offense. The muslims are! They (muslims) are a very evil, sorry lot that needs addressing! The only thing these devils understand is violence. They asked for it, now its time to give it to them! JMHO :salute:

That's the problem with religion. People twist it to fit their agenda. I think this is pretty clear. These are very basic rules to live by.

You may worship Jesus, I'd rather go with the big guy.

"And God spoke all these words, saying: 'I am the LORD your God

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'
Jesus is not God, his word comes after the big guy?

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'
This doesn't simply mean swearing. It means using his name to justify. Like so many who kill in the name of God.

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.' We are all guilty of this one. Ever been to the mall on Sunday?

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX:
'You shall not murder.' Enough said.

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'   Ooops, most of our leaders forgot this one. Happily I have never.

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.' I think most politicians are out on this one.

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.' Does neighbor mean "next door" or around the globe?

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.' Ouch, I guess Eminent Domain doesn't count.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, sandfly said:

Chuck, let's run fast to the truck and get the he() out of the country 

I hear you. I feel like I am a passenger on the crazy train and everything is moving in slow motion. The Conductor is yelling that we have a since of urgency and I look out the window and it is the same town we passed an hour ago.  I pull the emergency cord cash out my dinar with the RV and have you pull the truck on a slow roll and I jump in and we leave them in a cloud of dust. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.' Jesus is not God, his word comes after the big guy?

BostonAngler, you may not realize that Jesus Christ is very much God Himself.

You may not have considered the following:

Psalm 2New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 2

Why do the nations conspire[a]
    and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth rise up
    and the rulers band together
    against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,
“Let us break their chains
    and throw off their shackles.”

The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
    the Lord scoffs at them.
He rebukes them in his anger
    and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
“I have installed my king
    on Zion, my holy mountain.”

I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:

He said to me, “You are my son;
    today I have become your father.
Ask me,
    and I will make the nations your inheritance,
    the ends of the earth your possession.
You will break them with a rod of iron[b];
    you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”

10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
    be warned, you rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear
    and celebrate his rule with trembling.
12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry
    and your way will lead to your destruction,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
    Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

Matthew 3:13-17New International Version (NIV)

The Baptism of Jesus

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

John 10:22-39New International Version (NIV)

Further Conflict Over Jesus’ Claims

22 Then came the Festival of Dedication[a] at Jerusalem. It was winter,23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade.24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;no one will sn@tch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[b]; no one can sn@tch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[c]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

Footnotes:

1. John 10:22 That is, Hanukkah
  2. John 10:29 Many early manuscripts What my Father has given me is greater than all
  3. John 10:34 Psalm 82:6

Psalm 130New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 130

A song of ascents.

Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord;
    Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
    to my cry for mercy.

If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
    Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
    so that we can, with reverence, serve you.

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord
    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning.

Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
    for with the Lord is unfailing love
    and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem Israel
    from all their sins.

Matthew 20:20-28New International Version (NIV)

A Mother’s Request

20 Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him.

21 “What is it you want?” he asked.

She said, “Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.”

22 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said to them. “Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?”

“We can,” they answered.

23 Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father.”

24 When the ten heard about this, they were indignant with the two brothers. 25 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

John 1:1-18New International Version (NIV)

The Word Became Flesh

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Footnotes:

1. John 1:5 Or understood
  2. John 1:18 Some manuscripts but the only Son, who

There are a significant number of other references in the Bible to note Jesus Christ is very much God in the flesh.

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

BostonAngler, you may not realize that Jesus Christ is very much God Himself.

You may not have considered the following:

Psalm 2New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 2

Why do the nations conspire[a]
    and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth rise up
    and the rulers band together
    against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,
“Let us break their chains
    and throw off their shackles.”

The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
    the Lord scoffs at them.
He rebukes them in his anger
    and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
“I have installed my king
    on Zion, my holy mountain.”

I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:

He said to me, “You are my son;
    today I have become your father.
Ask me,
    and I will make the nations your inheritance,
    the ends of the earth your possession.
You will break them with a rod of iron[b];
    you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”

10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
    be warned, you rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear
    and celebrate his rule with trembling.
12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry
    and your way will lead to your destruction,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
    Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

Matthew 3:13-17New International Version (NIV)

The Baptism of Jesus

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

John 10:22-39New International Version (NIV)

Further Conflict Over Jesus’ Claims

22 Then came the Festival of Dedication[a] at Jerusalem. It was winter,23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade.24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;no one will sn@tch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[b]; no one can sn@tch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[c]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

Footnotes:

1. John 10:22 That is, Hanukkah
  2. John 10:29 Many early manuscripts What my Father has given me is greater than all
  3. John 10:34 Psalm 82:6

Psalm 130New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 130

A song of ascents.

Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord;
    Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
    to my cry for mercy.

If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
    Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
    so that we can, with reverence, serve you.

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord
    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning.

Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
    for with the Lord is unfailing love
    and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem Israel
    from all their sins.

Matthew 20:20-28New International Version (NIV)

A Mother’s Request

20 Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him.

21 “What is it you want?” he asked.

She said, “Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.”

22 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said to them. “Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?”

“We can,” they answered.

23 Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father.”

24 When the ten heard about this, they were indignant with the two brothers. 25 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

The Word Became Flesh

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Footnotes:

1. John 1:5 Or understood
  2. John 1:18 Some manuscripts but the only Son, who

There are a significant number of other references in the Bible to note Jesus Christ is very much God in the flesh.

• Upvote 2